I'm in the Market [Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Tebridiar on January 22nd, 2011, 9:11 pm

The young kelvic froze.

She could sense it, she knew it. She read the body language of the warrior next to her, and she could hear whispers in the grass. Predators. And Aleksi had confirmed her worse fears…

The glassbeaks.

She’d never encountered any, but she had heard enough about them to be sure they were possibly one of the worst things to stalk the sea of grass. Huge, gangling predatory birds, taller than a man, with a razor sharp dagger of a beak, perfect for tearing chunks of meat and stabbing holes through skin and bone.

The hairs on the back of her neck stood up, and her pupils widened.

“I can hear them too…” She whispered, her voice quivering. “I know… I know it, they know were here. They want to hunt.”

She wanted tp run away like some idiot horse bolting after hearing a large noise. She just stood there, as if she was carved in stone, only given away by her sharp breathing. She could try to be as brave as possible, but it just wasn’t in her nature. She couldn’t bring herself to make any decision here.

“What the hell do we do?” She squeaked, trying to sound calm but her voice started coming out in a quiet sort of yelp. There was no point pretending she was tough here.

But she did know how to make a fire... she had basic wilderness survival skills.

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Trios on January 23rd, 2011, 11:11 pm

“Glassbeaks? Is that some kinda grassland chicken? Never heard of them, hell I was walking through the grasslands for a few days now and saw no such thing…and please I can burn down this entire grassland If I wanted to” Boasted the Isur grabbing his steel and flint from a pocket on his leather jacket.

“Donno how your clan is about using the grass here as tinder but if your that afraid I guess they wouldn’t mind” said the Isur taking a note of how Tebridiar had shown such fear towards the “Glassbeak” threat. Trios didn’t know why but all he could imagine the beast looked like was a chicken with glass like appendages.

Gathering a large stack of dried winter grass with a slash of his cutlass Trios violently through it down before him and began an attempt to light a fire. Trios wasn’t sure if he committed a sin against the nature her, he really didn’t care but one thing he was concerned about.

“I may not appear to have much of a brain but is lighting a fire in an area full of dry grassland a good idea there miss guide? I don’t really wish to be hunted as the being who turned the sea of grass into the sea of fire.” Growled Trios as he ignited a handful of grass before his feet.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on January 24th, 2011, 2:29 pm

Aleks bit on her bottom lip as she heard Tebridiar speak. Yes, she knew how good were her love's senses and now, when they have supported her worst fears, she didn't like them one bit.
Hearing Luc growl quietly and walk closer to her, rubbing his large head against her leg didn't help either. Scaring that cat wasn't easy... and right now, he acted like a 4 inch long kitten.
When the Isur spoke about fire, she nodded quietly, not being sure if he said anything before that of importance, cause she was too busy looking around.

But one thing got her attention. Rolling her eyes lightly, she walked closer to the Isur, calling Nott over to come along with Tebridiar. Her voice was calm, and not one bit of irony was in it "No Isur, you shall not burn the Sea of Grass.... I didn't say you need to start the fire now, I just asked if you knew how to do it well....Luc, come over here!", the end of her sentence though, seemed as if a bit more fear came along from somewhere.
They were getting closer and that is why... "Luc, be a good little kitty cat and clean this part here", after saying that, she put her foot right before her and scratched the ground with her shoes. It seemed like Luc understood the way this woman moved, so he walked over and started scratching the ground, which eventually turned into a somewhat of a hole. Not really deep one, but one big enough to have a decent fire in it. He growled somewhat proudly and walked over to Aleksi who had her dagger in her hand, keeping an eye on the movements in the grass through the whole time.
"Tebridiar my love, are you well? And Isur, these birds are no chicken... If you don't believe me, I am quite sure you should believe the instincts of an animal... Luc here is going crazy.."
Last edited by Aleksi on February 12th, 2011, 11:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tebridiar on February 12th, 2011, 10:52 am

Why was she so frightened?

They could all keep a calm head on, but all Tebridiar wanted to do was run like a crazy animal, all the way back to Endrykas. Which was, in all honestly a very stupid thing to do. She knew that predators only seemed to be more enticed by prey if it started running.

Aleksi seemed worried quite a bit, so she tried to act reasonably.

“I-I’m fine!” She said quietly, trying to focus on a little patch of earth at her feet. “Everythings good!” She tried to fix a stupid little grin on her face but it didn’t work. Her brow quickly crumpled and she made a little sighing noise. She was usualyl very good at hding her emotions, but Aleksi always got them out of her. She gave in.

“Aleksi I am absolutely terrified! A normal person would be scared right now but me… Oh god I feel like I want to run off back to my cozy little tent! I swear, look, my hands are shaking!” She erupted in a gush, holding out her delicate little hand as evidence. It jittered lightly.

How on earth would one of the bravest people in Endrykas be able to understand that, she thought suddenly, feeling like an idiot.

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Mycroft on May 27th, 2011, 1:52 am

- Trios -
"I do all these things so that I may be a free man."

Experience:
Singing: +4
Persuasion: +2
Intimidation: +3
Weapon (Throwing Rocks): +1

Lores:
Surviving Miraculously Unscathed in the Sea of Grass
Snuck Up On
Embarrassed by a Prank
Led Through the Sea of Grass
Being Incorrigible
Pitied by a Kelvic

Notes: Trios, I have to say this. You might already be aware of it by now, but let me remind you. The Isur are not dwarves. There are SIMILARITIES, but if you want to RP a dwarf, you ought not be doing it in Mizahar. I can do with the accent and say it's because he's a pirate, but calling people "lass" or "lassy" just takes it a bit far in a direction Isur aren't supposed to go. :P I'm also a little confused about how he started hurling boulders - rocks are exceedingly heavy, and while Isur are very strong guys, they aren't superhuman.

On the other hand, Trios did have some pretty funny one-liners. I was amused by his staunch refusal to be civilized and agreeable with the Drykas and her Kelvic.

Tebridiar, Aleksi - Since you're both inactive, I only graded for Trios. If you return and would like the skill points and lore from this thread, contact me and I'll give you your lores and experience as well.
Mycroft

Previous