I'm in the Market [Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Aleksi on December 9th, 2010, 7:45 pm

Aleksi had to laugh, pretty damn loud at his comments. The one about them sucking their faces or something like that was rather disturbing though, so she just shot him with her gaze once again. The man's story about the sea was really beautiful. She wanted to see it, touch it... be in it, even though just the thought of that much water with this weather was quite scary.

“As for the ship, I’m in the market for one and I know just where I could locate one that could be considered a great find” made Aleksi laugh again. A pirate with no ship and no crew. Huh, was it even a pirate anymore? Well, she didn't want to ask too many questions about it since she didn't want to see the Isur get all mushy, but she did want to find out more about the sea.

"What kind of animals are out there? I mean, I've heard about fishes, those are in the rivers too, but is there anything bigger, more fun to catch?", Aleksi's eyes were burning with desire to learn, to see and touch, experience on her own, but she had to satisfy herself with what she had right now.
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tebridiar on December 10th, 2010, 9:38 pm

As Aleksi spoke about the Sea, Tebridiar tried to imagine.

She had a vision of something like a thick river, you could only just see to the other side. Why do the bother with boats? Can’t you just build a bridge? But she remembered people talking about it, saying you couldn’t see any land, no matter how hard you looked… But that couldn’t be possible…

No way…

“Are there horses in the Sea, Trios?” She wondered. She wanted to visit it herself, touch the water. She had even heard of “beaches”, pile ups of disintegrated stone called “sand” that stuck to your clothes and built up until you could walk over them, step on them.

Then it just slipped away into the water.

How deep was the Sea?

Trios was lucky. He could sail on it forever, never seeing land, living on a boat by himself, fishing… it didn’t seem too bad a life.

She had to ask more.

"Can you see any land at all? Can you touch the bottom?" She was very, very curious. She needed to hear all about it, and if Trios was all he claimed to be, he would be the best source of information.

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Trios on December 11th, 2010, 3:07 pm

“Ya ya laugh it up” Growled the Isur at Aleksi’s reaction towards comment that he had no ship or crew. Trios had expected this to happen and the fact that it did still made him slightly aggravated. His guide obviously found his situation amusing, the cruel heartless Drykas and the Isur thought it best to keep his annoyance towards her feelings on his situation hidden to avoid her pressing the issue.

“And looks who full of the questions now…especially to the one who thinks me stupid!” Said Trios in a cold retort at his guide’s questions. The man debated if he should answer the questions since the females had expressed such interest in his sea adventures in the Eastern oceans. The man thought that he would gladly answer the younger of the girl’s questions faster than the one who had shown him so much disrespect and hostility.

The pirate would remain silent for a few moments as if savouring that he had both of the girls utmost attention and respect at the current topic of interest. It indeed felt very good to be held with such regard and respect, he was a captain after all. It was what the Isur lived for and it was what he would die for. To have the people of Mizahar know his name, be it in fear or respect.

“I don’t know if I should continue with the answers them seeing as how one of you…. you know who you are….. has been showing me such distain so far since our meeting thusly making me walk the entire way to Endrykas” toyed Trios in a grunt at the two females. He would indeed relish these few moments as long as he could before saying.

“ But boredom has set upon me, so consider yourselves lucky! Yes kidd-o there are sea horses, I’ve heard tales of some intelligent sea race riding them though those peace loving sissies usually stayed far away from the ship I served on. And to answer your lover’s question, there indeed was bigger and more fun game on the sea but my kind of vessel wasn’t looking for any manner of sea creatures was it?” Laughed Trios at recalling his past service on the ship dubbed “Empty Night”.

The Isur was reminded of the first time the ship was made to attack another vessel, he was 12 which put him around the age of 6 in human years making the situation as scary as hell. The Isur could recall hiding in a small nook on the ship till the fighting was done, but the sounds of men killing and being killed were something that stayed with him till this day. Being nearly foot in height at that time made one more of a weakling than warrior at that time.

“O and I forgot kidd-o, the ocean’s can be very endless in depth and in distance to any sort of land” Quickly added Trios forgetting the amount of resolve he once had about answering the girls questions. He was just passing the time in the travel and it seemed to dull the one guides anger towards him, which was a blessing since he didn’t want to be left in the wilderness without a guide once again.

“And since I answered your questions it’s only fair that you should answer one of mine. So I ask Aleski if I might inquire as to your knowledge of Cyprus coastlines towards Riverfall? Would you say that you’re a knowledgeable Drykas on it or would you know one who would?” said Trios in a attempt to sound casual but failing miserable due to his cold tone that escaped his throat every time he spoke. Truth be told the Isur put a lot of interest in the question since that was where he was destined to be after Endrykas.

THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 13th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Aleksi giggled at the questions Tebridiar was asking, not because she thought they were silly, but because she found all of that quite cute. Horses in the sea? If there were, Aleksi sure as hell wanted to see some. Maybe they looked completely different? Maybe Drykas would understand them and bond with them as well? Could that even happen? Could Drykas bond with any other animal?

Aleksi just shook her head as the Isur started whining about her being mean. Was he some sort of a girl dressed up as a guy who is extremely short and rather clumsy? Strange people around the world... very strange.. Frowning at that, she just mumbled "Sissy". Tebridiar could have probably heard her, but the Isur, not really.

Once the Isur asked his question, Aleksi looked up into the sky for a second, humming and then shaking her head. She didn't know much about the coastlines, but she knew quite a few people at Endrykas, one of them must know something. Her eyes moved towards the man, completely ignoring his cold tone as she spoke "No, I'm afraid I don't Isur... but I do know quite a few people, so I might ask about it if I have time... What exactly would you like to know?"
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tebridiar on December 14th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Tebridiar shook her head, not in an annoyed way, but because she was amazed.

Aleksi was funny, quite brave, she just seemed to be able to say anything to anyone and get away with it. She just had that air about her. Mind you, she did see what she meant about Trios. He was a bit of a whiner.

“She’s tougher than you, Captain.” She smiled at the short but sturdy man before her, patting his hard shoulder lightly. “Maybe we both need that right now.”

She waited obediently for Trios to tell them more tales of the sea. She wanted stories, wonderful stories. She had heard a few in her time, and her travels. Huge ships and monsters and waves taller than buildings…

It sounded like stuff of make believe, like the sea was just a story, not real…

It was like legend to her. She wouldn’t really believe anything about it until she could feel the soft “beach“, and the water on her feet and fingers.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Trios on December 15th, 2010, 12:21 am

OOC: New idea for flashback thread lol

“Everything…..anything! I know the waters of Eastern Cpyphrus and Sylira like the back of my hand but river that leads to the Sea is a bit of a mystery to me, sure I hear tales but never solid facts. So a name to a person with those facts is who I need to see” Trios bluntly stated about what he wanted to know. The Isur felt it wise to be this vague yet no so to what he wanted for information. And since there was no information to be had from the guide Trios would then seek the next source of information. Trios thought it best that whatever he wanted he’d get it in the most direct and effective way possible.

“Tough you say? She’d better be, wouldn’t want my guide to be weak now! But I think she’ll do” Trios continued in his cold manner unaware that he gave the closest thing to a compliment since telling his last captain that he was a decent human captain a few weeks ago when he left. Trios didn’t see that she was tougher than he was due to sheer pride, but the young girl could have an opinion on the matter. One day however Trios knew he’d cut such a gash in Mizahar’s history, people would claim him owner of the seas. Being tough just came with the claim on the property.

“And you want more Tales Kidd-o HaHahaha! I have plenty! Though I’m not a decent person to tell them, but I can try” It was true Trios wasn’t a storyteller, there were men far greater at the task than he. Plus Trios wasn’t a social butterfly due to his goal oriented personality but telling tales to pass the time seemed a reasonable exception to not telling them in the first place.

“There was this one time I think I was twenty Five and a young cabin boy at the time. I was on a course following a ship from Sunberth port, It was a shabby old sloop of a vessel which only had two ballistas but had a deep cargo hold from our observations. Captain told us that we taking the damn thing and everything inside, so we did! I was given my first direct order in battle to use my strong hand and technical knowhow had to debilitate the ballistas once we boarded. After the crew had removed the other ship's crew….we got a chance to look at what they were hauling. And I swear all that what we found below was birds! An assortment of the beasts large to small in cages all with funny hoods on them. Finding a good deal of coins in the captain’s hold and not destroying the ship we thought it wasn’t a total wash…” Trios said clearing his throat for a moment at the tale that one could obviously tell he was a rookie in telling stories. One had to use a lot of imagination to fill in the blanks he left as he told the story.

“…..but that wasn’t the weird thing. Me and the other cabin boys were told to let the buggers free since they didn’t look to good for eating and we were defiantly not taking care of them. So we un-hooded them and let them out, but that’s when things got weird! A large swan didn’t fly away but just hopped on the railing of the deck, turned into a naked lady! Winked! Then flew away as a swan again! Till this day the men thought me and the other boys were crazy” Finished Trios at his tale with a somewhat proud like expression at having to have lived to tell it.

“Later in life I found out that it was kelvic on that ship, and I wondered if the rest of those birds were too, could have been a slave ship, though we let the birds form their cages so no one knew for sure.” Laughed Trios at his comment about his early teenage life and the fact that he had been mocked as a boy who just wanted to see a naked lady for the first time as a boy.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios

Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 29th, 2010, 8:48 pm

Aleksi giggled at what Tebridiar said. It was cute the way this girl thought of her, and well... when you think about tough, not really sure if she was what Tebridiar thought, but she sure as hell was smarter, faster and crazier then this Isur, and that combination, around everything but animals is always a winning one.

Her eyes moved towards the Isur, as he started commenting the same subject. Did he just compliment Aleksi? If he did, he was quite lame at it, but what can you expect from a pirate with no ship or crew?
She shook her head and rolled her eyes before bursting into a HUGE, LOUD laughter. A swan turned into a naked lady and he didn't know it was a Kelvic? What else could there be? A mermaid? A ghost?
"Dumbass", she murmured quietly, making sure, once again, Tebridiar heard her but the Isur didn't.

Her fingers lightly pushed her hair back as she turned to the side and looked at the short man walking behind them "You holding it back there Isur? I don't want a dead pile of rocks laying around, someone from the city might trip over it.....", winking at him, she giggled, this time showing that it was not meant as an offence of any kind. This Isur was, if nothing, quite amusing.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tebridiar on January 9th, 2011, 9:00 pm

Tebridiar smiled.

Kelvics did go on the sea, maybe she would be one of them. One day…

She didn't want Trios to remain grumpy, she wanted ot keep him in good spirits.

“Aleksi!” She laughed. This woman would never be tamed, which was a good thing in some aspects. “Anyway Trios, I am intrigued. I didn’t know you had encountered my kind before. But I guess it must have been really weird… I guess you don’t expect weird things to happen.”

But Tebridiar had come, throughout her short and quite eventful life, she had come to expect the ordinary of being extraordinary.

“We are all so different. Its amazing. I love being free, all the stories you hear, all the things you can believe. I havent met many Kelvics, maybe I need to get out a bit more.”

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Trios on January 11th, 2011, 10:05 pm

“Hey when your as young as twenty-five….I mean twelve in your case…you tend to not know a few things” Growled Trios at Aleksi’s laughter to the story. Trios couldn’t help but get the feeling that she was laughing at the Isur himself and not simply the tale. It was hard to be taken serious by such tall humanoids like these Drykas or the Akalak for instance.

“This pile of rocks is starting think that the dangers in the grass are more of hype, the real danger here is getting harassed nonstop by the locals for seconds on end.” Trios said bluntly returning the joke in kind. He wouldn’t let the guide get the last shot in for a laugh or two.

“OOO so the young gal be one of them animal people, makes sense with the bond talk now, plus a few other things. I’d ask what animal you could turn into but it’s a bit easy to narrow it down if those tales be true that your kind tend to be exactly like the beast form. Shall I explain my reasoning….”

“First you were not violent nor overly terrified at our first meeting, makes me think that you be some kind of large non-carnivorous beast. In all honestly your prolly some grassland beast given how Aleksi there seems to be so familiar with you, well apart for the lovers deal. Do these grasslands have some kinda large deer like creatures running wild around here?” Trios guessed at trying to deduce Tebridiar’s true form. Not being overly brilliant his guess was just based off of generic type of creatures that grasslands would have. Trios wouldn’t have any type of knowledge of other exotic creatures that roamed the wilds.

“Am I close? Be you some kinda doe, young Tebridiar?” It was a shot in the dark after all Trios was full on expecting to be wrong but trying to get into some kind of logic that seemed to make sense.

THEME
Trios

Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on January 13th, 2011, 6:35 pm

Aleksi grinned at Tebridiar, noticing the curiosity in her eyes once again, which is why she tried to be nice to the Isur in the first place.
Listening to her questions just made her sigh, still smiling and waiting for the Isur to talk.

When he growled, Aleksi rolled her eyes. Why did he always take things so serious? Was he never having fun in his life?
Well, not that Aleksi did a whole much either, but she at least knew how to take in a joke, which is exactly what she did on the comment about locals.
"Oh trust me Isur, locals are nothing compared to me...So you're good, as soon as I get your lazy ass to the city"

Winking at him again, she just went back to listening to what he said about Tebridiar. He seemed as a bright one, after all... or he just had a lot of experience and knew how animals act. She didn't want to give him an answer to the question though, letting Tebridiar talk about herself while lightly moving her fingers over the pale girl's skin.

The night was getting darker and colder by the second. Little footsteps were heard all around them, if one payed enough attention, and somewhere not too far away, Aleksi heard what she was afraid of the most. A very familiar, hissing sound of a group that was obviously watching them.
"Glassbeaks", she interrupted the conversation with a quiet whisper, before tapping the horse's neck and turning around to the Isur
"Do you know how to light a fire quickly? We might need one pretty soon"

After just a second, Aleksi was on her feet, looking up at Tebridiar and adding "Stay there love.... This might get ugly, since I have a feeling they won't like how the rocks taste...", looking at the Isur, she tilted her head and waited for him to answer, hoping for the best to all of them.
Maybe the group wasn't large, maybe they'd walk away if the fire got big enough...
Maybe, just maybe they didn't even notice the three talking...
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext