I'm in the Market [Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Trios on December 6th, 2010, 5:02 pm

OCC: If I were to get attacked by something in the wilds would a AS/DS need to post and mod it? Playing it safe so I won’t be attacked just would like to know?

“Hah! Stupid Drykas her horse made a nice long path for me to follow! You’d think being people of the wild they’d be a bit keen on how not to be followed AHAHAHA” Lauged Trios mocking Aleksi on her idiocy of leaving a trail that anyone could see.

With this the Isur gave a bit of grin at the change in luck. It had been a trying week what with the disbanding of his former crew and captain, followed by meeting the most irksome Drykas on Mizahar. Maybe in a few months he would find himself on his own ship, thought Trios. Captain Trios was something that had a nice ring to it and doing what ever you wanted with a trustworthy crew and seaworthy vessel was a goal beyond all others.

Spitting on the ground at the minor inconvenience set by Aleksi almost made him want to overcome the situation even more. At least the kid Tebridiar had a decent heart as did most of the younger ones. Maybe he’d ask the kid about Cyphrus coastlines, she seemed like the type to divulge information on a whim.

Continuing along the trail set by the Drykas’s horse through the tall grass, Trios couldn’t help but think that his somewhat smaller size made the tall stocks of grass somewhat treelike as they stretched out towards the sunlight. It also reminded him that night time was most likely not a good place to be in such a vulnerable location.

The thought of monsters in the night hiding in the tall grass made the Isur draw his blade for comfort. The cutlass shown in the mid-day’s light as he held it tightly in his right hand. Comparatively the sword looked a bit to large for the Isur yet he held it like it weighed nothing.

But still the thoughts of some beast like creature stalking him for its next meal made Trios quicken his pace a bit blindly following the trail in the dirt.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Aleksi on December 6th, 2010, 5:12 pm

Aleksi smiled and wrapped her arms around Tebridiar, whispering in her ear quietly "I've missed you love", before placing a warm kiss at the back of the girl's head.

She couldn't help herself but to giggle as quietly as she could again, but as soon as Luc pushed her thigh with his nose lightly, she stopped, grinning and whispering to Tebridiar "Watch this..".

She moved her hands in a really odd way, one of those Grassland Signs again, and Luc stood up, moved further away and started growling. Her hands moved Tebridiar to the side before whispering again "He's close... let's see if he's gonna whine like a lil scared boy"

Tebridiar then got on her knees and crawled almost as far as Luc did, just a bit to the left, growling loudly herself, which was, believe it or not, sounding like an animal. What she had in mind was that this would sound like a pack of wild animals that would hopefully scare the Isur quite bad, or well, if Aleksi was not so lucky, he'd prove himself by staying calm and walking far enough for them to run after him and chase him.

It seemed like Luc really enjoyed in this game since his growls were actually bestial sounding and so did Aleksi's. She could only hope though, that Tebridiar knew she would never let anything or anyone harm her and that she is perfectly safe there.
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Tebridiar on December 6th, 2010, 5:21 pm

Tebridiar was amazed at how obedient Luc was, he knew what that sign meant. Tebridiar tried to weirdly replicate it with her long, nimble fingers, but she just failed miserably and pretended she was scratching her hand.

He just seemed to spring up, become instantly alert.

She followed him, eagerly, she could sense more life in the grass too, though she could do better in animal form. Much better. But she couldn’t randomly show up as a horse here, or the pirate would be a little worried.

Especially if he caught her naked, ready to transform.

Eww.

“Aleksi, I wonder if this Isur show up with a pack off wild wolves following him or something. Wouldn’t surprise me.” Tebridiar smiled. “He thinks I’m naïve and young, too trusting. Too stupid. Thing is I couldn’t just leave him out here. He was singing, Aleksi, bloody singing. He was basically advertising himself as dinner. But I know how nature works, how to live amongst the grass, how to be one with it. And he doesn’t know I’m a Kelvic. He probably thinks I’m a complete fool. Yeah.”

She listened closer, suppressing a giggle. This was going to be funny.

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Trios on December 6th, 2010, 5:55 pm

http://www.richardherrmann.com/Assignments/images_NatC/grassland-rocks.jpg
“Izurdin’s boons! You won’t take this Isurian this day” Yelled Trios in a very alarmed manner pointing his cutlass in random directions towards the choir of beast like sounds. There was no tell where exactly the orchestra of death was coming from within the tall grass. All that the Isur knew what that there was something nasty in plural in front of him.

“No not this day! Not this day!” chanted Trios in a cold like panic as he broke of the trail running as fast as his legs could carry him into the dense grass. Trios would be dammed if he was to battle a pack of whatever they hell those things were.

To an observer one could hear the rock like being high tail it as fast as he could away from the noise while chanting “Not this day” over and over again as if it fueled his running away from the danger. And after a few moments of cowardice the chanting seemed to drowned out by what sounded like rock on rock grinding. The running noises of Trio’s legs also being replaced by grunts of strength in a sort of cold like panic.

Trios had doubled back to something he had passed by a few minutes ago and was now using it as a fallback position with a slight twist. It was a group of grassland like rocks that broke upward through the grassy sea. But instead of simply climbing the rock surface to safety, Trios had added a slight twist to the runaway tactic. Pearched on one of the rocklike surfaces the young adult Isur was slamming his dimond hardend fists against the rocky surface against some of the cracked pieces of rocks.

Once a decently sized rock had been broken from the rockface Trios in a battle crazed cry would pick up the rocks and launch them randomly towards the direction of the sounds. To say that Trios was throwing rocks was an understatement it was more accurate to say small boulders since some of them were almost as big as he was. The motors however were highly inaccurate, Trio’s thought he would rather depend on chance at lobbing rocks compared to a fight with a unknown beast.

“Hiyaaaa! You want more, HAH have ANNNouter!” Trios yelled battle crazed lobbing a rock as big as his chest into the grassy sea. Sweat was starting to form on the Isur’s brow at the intensive labour but his body seemed to almost demand that he keep up the barrage of rocks down upon where the thought a hungry beast waited.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios

Character sheet

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Aleksi on December 6th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Aleksi heard Luc growl louder which meant he almost got hurt and then anger appeared in her eyes again. A twisted smile though, curled her big lips as she crawled towards the rocks from where huge things were flying all over the place. She slowly walked to the other side, behind the Isur and sighed. Can he be any bigger of fool then he is? So much noise, for nothing...

Shaking her head, she heard Luc walking behind the rocks they were hiding at and growling from there. Sheesh, I always thought you were a smart cat, but that smart... you deserve a treat, she thought to herself, hoping Tebridiar is fine as her hand pulled out a dagger, just for the hell of protection. She then walked over the top of the huge rocks and stood right behind Isur, yelling in his ear "BOO!!!!", then ducking, just in case he decides to hit something before fainting.

Well, let's see what you're made of, you big whiny, brainless...., Aleksi's mind was going on and on and on, while waiting for the reaction of this Isur man before her.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Tebridiar on December 6th, 2010, 6:53 pm

All Tebridiar saw was Aleksi disappear into the bush. She followed her, eager to see what she had found. She could even hear a strange noise. She guessed it was the Isur. She bit back a laugh, as she saw a large rocky structure rise above her.

She leapt from the lower rocks onto the higher ones, keeping behind Aleksi. She saw her withdraw a weapon, and her eyes widened.

A dagger.

Oh god.

All she could remember was what had happened to her. She’d always disliked daggers since then, a hand instinctively went round to brush her back, right where she had been…

She still didn’t want to think about it. Her spine and muscle around there still hurt, sometimes at night. She could still dream. She still had to look in the mirror. Ans she hated what she saw on her back. She hated it.

Then she came back around. She had to stop acting like an idiot. Stop acting so weird… She hated acting stupid. People always thought she was a silly little girl, and she hated it. Even when she was a little girl, she felt older than she was. And now she had grown, she felt more mature. So she had to prove to people.

Aleksi yelled loudly at the Isur, and Tebridiar even got a fright. Loud noises… ugh.

What was he going to do? Tebridiar nearly burst her lungs laughing as he got the biggest fright of his life. It was quite funny, Aleksi practically towered above him, and she wasn’t the tallest. He was tiny…

“Good one, Aleksi!” Tebridiar called, giggling. “Teach him to mess with a Drykas!”

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Trios on December 6th, 2010, 7:44 pm

“Gahhh” was the only thing that the Isur could say to the fright. Trios’s reaction to the scare tactic wasn’t the most graceful of footwork. As the young male spun towards the source of the voice he lost his foothold on the rock and was sent tumbling down the rock’s face. And with a louder “thud” than that of a regular person who wasn’t as dense as a rock, Trios hit the earth back first so he ended up looking at the source of the scare.

One might have thought the harsh landing and tumble would have injured a regular person all that it did to the Isur however was hurt is pride. It was especially disheartening to hear laughter in the bushes added by the tattooed Drykas women which now stared down at him with a prideful smile at her stealth.

“Of all the good for nothing Drykas I had to meet the one which toys with others for fun! Get down here lass so I can punch you square in the face! Oh and I’ll get to you as well missy I can hear you in the bushes laughing at your hearts content!” Yelled Trios in a cold-embarrassed fury, pointing at each of the girls in turn. As the Isur spoke he stumbled to the feet in dizziness’ from the fall rather than pain.

“ A curse on you! Your cat! Your Horse! Your Home! Your Land! Your…” Rambled Trios naming things which he thought the ladies owned and cared for. The ramblings subsided with Trios punching the rock face violently at the conclusion that he was soundly beaten in this prank, there was no rationalizing it. And removing his hand from the indented rock face with his pride hurt the Isur seemed to slowly accept what had happened. He didn’t have to like it, just accept it was the thought procedure on the issue.

“Now take me to Endrykas and I might consider not beating you all to a pulp with me bare hands” Finished Trios patting himself down trying to settle himself down from his embarrassed fury.
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Aleksi on December 7th, 2010, 12:13 pm

Aleksi laughed as loud as she could, actually falling down on her knees as she tried to calm herself down. The Isur sounded so stupid doing all of it before, but this frightened, she actually felt sorry for him.

After about five minutes of laughing and listening to the Isur curse everything he could think of, she stood up and with a large grin on her face, she called for Tebridiar "Come love, let's take this moron to the tent city before he dies from a heart attack here"

Her eyes moved over, spotting Luc on the left side of the Isur. She added quietly, with not much patience "Listen to me, you brainless pile of rocks... When you are around here, in the wild, you do NOT, by any circumstances, make SO much noise.. you practically are inviting both predators and hunters for a dinner, where you will be served as the main meal", Shaking her head she whistled loudly and less then a minute ago, she practically jumped on the horse, giving Tebridiar a hand "Come love, it's getting cold"

She shot the Isur with her big, green eyes again and frowned "Oh and, you're walking your way there... Luc will be behind you just to save your stupid ass from getting killed". With a deep sigh, Aleksi made Nott walk towards the Tent City. Yup, she actually decided to take the so called pirate to the city because he was more harmless then Nott was... What the hell could he do to harm Drykas people... They would eat him alive, if they wanted to.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Tebridiar on December 7th, 2010, 7:32 pm

Tebridiar rolled her eyes, pretending to be irritated.

She picked her way towards Aleksi, scraping her way down the small boulders and stood at her side, gazing up adoringly. She leapt onto Nott, giving her future mates hand a light squeeze and a grin, still laughing at her comments to the Isur. With a little hand twirling the thick, dark hair of the girl sitting in front of her, she was reminded, mid giggle, of something she’d been meaning to ask.

“Hey, shouty, what is your name anyway?” She called, turning around slightly to smile at him. “If you didn’t catch mines, I’m Tebridiar.” She turned back around and leant in closer to Aleksi, wrapping her arms around her snugly, resting her head on her shoulder, and breathing in her welcoming aura. She was careful to adjust herself so she would make the horse beneath her more comfortable.

“Well, we going slow for him?” She whispered. “I’d quite like to hear why he acts so much like a lunatic.”

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Trios on December 7th, 2010, 8:09 pm

“Fine I can handle a brisk walk while the dames ride their ponies…and don’t think I’ve forgotten about beating your smug face out lass! Its still up for debate!” was all that Trios managed to say recollecting his gear before falling inline between the guide and large feline.

The advice was good about keeping the noise down thought Trios. He didn’t account that something could track him by the noise he was making. But the Isur knew he could put up a decent fight if something nasty did bare arms against him. After all! Didn’t the Drykas female not see him launch boulders at his imaginary attackers with nothing but his bare hands? What was she thinking; he didn’t need saving just guiding assistance.

Watching the two Drykas ride together in a weird tender embrace on the horse the only two things running through the mans head was how odd of mannerisms to treat one’s sister or friend and how it was slightly hot. But now was not the time to get distracted from the overall objective seeing as the Isur now had a proper guide.

”Its Trios, captain Trios and I caught both of your names a while back so no need for pointless intros I think” Growled Trios giving the younger female cold calculating eyes as he tried to keep pace in a brisk walk.

The man also thought it best to start introducing himself as a captain now, though without a crew or ship it was best he started throwing out the title as much as he could. Also if his legend was to grow how else was it going to get started if the begging of the story wasn’t told with the protagonist starting out with nothing but the sweat on his back and a grand desire for adventure and wealth.

“By the way for sisters you look nothing alike I might add” continued the Isur in his slightly grumpy tone of voice.
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

PreviousNext