I'm in the Market [Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

I'm in the Market [Closed]

Postby Trios on December 3rd, 2010, 4:05 pm

OCC: Fixed character issues, and no NPC's lol. If anyone sees any issues with my CS/Thread Lemme know.

2d of Winter, 510 A.V.

Oh what a sight this was, a sailor with no ship, a shipwright with no ship, a pirate with no ship the list continued in a similar fashion. The Empty Night crew had disbanded each receiving their appropriate cut of the recent profits and sent to do what ever their hearts demanded of them. So Trios left the ship with a fair amount of coin before traversing the Sea of Grass coastline towards where he thought a Drykas port was, and with luck steal or purchase a craft to suit his needs. Maybe, Trios had objected to the latter, purchase in this place, the Drykas were a bit touchy when it came to outsiders especially when it came to the liberation of acquired artifacts.

But the whole ship-less-ness weighed heavy in Trios’s pride and drove him northward up the coast along Zindal Bay. Staying away from the grassy plains was somewhat of a priority for two reasons thought Trios. One was that there were a number of things in that tall grass that could kill a man with one claw and two it was a bit of a comfort to be near one’s home and the sight of the “big blue wet thing” was a good boost to moral.

So with nothing but a cutlass clasped in his right hand, a traveling bag slung over his left shoulder and the cloths on his back the young Isur walked forward in the sand. The weather Trios thought was more than accomodating for winter, plus being near the southern end of Mizahar meant a slightly warmer climate regardless of season.

“I forgot how quiet solitude is” Said Trios to himself in an uncaring manner as he left footprints in the sand to mark his travels. It almost made the young male attempt his luck at singing but remembering that he had such a bad singing voice that some creature might kill him just to make him stop.So a hum and a sing like talk was a more appropriate thing to do compared to a full on belch of song.

The Sea, oh the sea is the greatest to see
A long distances may it stay between prison and me
It’s a sure guarantee that we’ll all be free!
Thank gods were surrounded by water.

The song brought back some good memories of the past but it was better sung and song with a large number of people. But right now it kept Trio’s mind busy on something in his travels.

The Drykas have their Ale ,the Kelvics have their speech,
And their poets are paid about tenpence a week,
Provided no harsh words on Mizahar they speak,
Oh Lords what a price for devotion.

It was a long song, but Trios doubted that it would be able to go on for a three day hike along the coastline.

Last edited by Trios on December 8th, 2010, 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Tebridiar on December 3rd, 2010, 4:36 pm

Tebridiar was minding her own business. She wasn’t as afraid of the Sea of Grass now, and she respected it. However, she was always on edge, even more so than usual now. Any moment could spell danger.

She could hear something now, and it didn’t sound particularly bad. But better to be safe than sorry, she kept her head down. But the curious side of her made her want to find out where it was coming from, so she crept closer.

She soon found out that it wasn’t a predator. She was catching snatches of soon, a happy tune, although she couldn’t quite hang onto the words yet. She decided to see if this person was a threat, so she decided to bite the bullet and charge out. If the need be, she could always escape back into the grass. She still had her animalistic instincts to guide her through the long grassy shoots.

She jumped out of the grass, shouting loudly, seeing if the person turned around.

“You there!” She called. “You do know its not safe to wander alone in the Sea of Grass, right?”

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Trios on December 3rd, 2010, 5:13 pm

They say that the lakes of Flyndar are fair…
But If it’s water you want, you’ll find nothing more rare
Than the stuff they make down by….

The song was cut before the chorus could be repeated once again. That was not that what made Trios upset, it was the fact that someone actually caught him singing. Added by the fact that strangers in the wilderness were usually a bad sign, after all thought Trios, he was one of those bad types of occurrences in the ocean when he had served on a ship doing things that may be considered “questionable” or “Illegal”.

Turning as fast as he could to face the threat Trios’s cold appearance was magnified by his blue rock and silver vein like skin. Cutlass pointed towards the young lady Trios spoke in a slightly more forceful tone than what he had conversations with.

“Is that a threat lass? I don’t known what they teach young ones like you but you humans always think you know everything about everything there is to know eh!”

Trios didn’t really hate humans, he knew lots of decent ones he called family and companions but he didn’t know this one and ergo by Trios’s logic, to be treated with as much caution as possible. And if this girl was of a Drykas clan it usually meant more were on their way thought Trios scanning the beach for more humanoid like beings. Though the young girl didn’t look like a stereotypical Drykas didn’t mean she was one. Trios was Isurian and couldn’t give the slightest care about his race’s clans when by racial tradition was supposed too.

“I’ve not violated the laws here and I’ve kept to the shoreline away from clan homes, so you have no claim on me life” Said Trios still coldly in a harsh manner wishing that a bit of diplomacy would save the day. If it came down to it, and violence was the only way out Trios was more than happy to oblige.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios

Character sheet

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Tebridiar on December 3rd, 2010, 6:53 pm

Tebridiar was worried. This man was very, very strange looking, He looked nearly… metallic. Hard as stone. If he got angry… Mind you, he talked a bit… funny.

“Oh god, you’re a pirate!” Tebridiar yelled. “PIRATE!” She didn’t know why this worried her so much. But she’d heard tales of pirates hacking villages to death and stealing countless bounty from peaceful ships of the sea.

Tebridiar stood up, trying to look menacing but failing miserably. She looked more like an angry child. But this man looked vicious, battle hardened, and a little… intimidating. She began to quake slightly.

“I was only trying to help, sir!” She squeaked. Her voice didn’t seem to operate properly if she was nervous. “Don’t chop at me! I was only saying, the Sea of Grass is a dangerous place if you don’t know how to manage it… but, uh, you seem to be doing fine!” She babbled. She had a sneaking suspicious this man was going to harm her. Or maybe he was just a peaceful sailor…

That’s what she was hoping for anyway.

"Anyway, sir, you seem to have travelled a little further than you planned. The shoreline... its a while away. Your nearer Endrykas than the shore, sir."

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Trios on December 3rd, 2010, 7:31 pm

“Oi! I prefer the term freelance merchant! “ Said Trios in his harsh manner a bit touched by the use of the word “pirate”. When ever there was the use of that word it was always followed by; Please don’t kill me, don’t take this or kill them. It all got old really fast thought the Isur.

Trios sheathed his cutlass into his leather belt before rubbing his temple with his non-diamond like right hand. It was just a kid he told himself. Nothing to be gained from scarring one continuously even though she had jumped from the grass, thought Trios. But it was a bit tactless, what was a man to do in such a situation where he was surprised.

“Sorry to disappoint but your nothing special to be chopping up to be honest” Trios said rolling his eyes as he looked at the girl up and down to a conclusion that it was bad karma to rob a kid, especially when there was no getaway ready and even more especially if she was protected by the Drykas clans it would me more trouble. So giving a slight nonchalant wave to the girl Trios turned and began to continue on his way.

”And word of the wise, I wouldn’t stutter when your frightened kiddo kinda doesn’t help boost ones bravado ya? ” Laughing in amusement Trios began to analyze what the girl had said before about his current location as he walked through the grassland.

“Damnit! I must have gone too far inland around that cliff” Trios muttered to himself his chuckles dying instantly as he thought about his next move. Going back and retracing one’s steps was a logical move but that would take time and supplies that Trios didn’t have. Trios knew he needed help in finding some sort of settlement to buy what he needed, and it was that thought that made him flush with slight anger.

“Some kinda god must be hating on me right now” Growled the Isurian as he turned to face the girl once again.

“Kid! Did you say you know where Endrykas is? Tell ya what, I’ll give you one gold miza if you take me there, deal?” Trios said in his harsh tone trying to reach some kinda bargan with the girl. Trios knew he could spare a coin if it meant getting to some sort of settlement faster.
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Tebridiar on December 3rd, 2010, 9:24 pm

Tebridiar's mood changed from scared, to slightly annoyed. Now the man had put his pirate-knife-thing away, he wasn't quite as scary (although she still wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley). He still looked sort of... rock like. Like a big walking metal deposit.

"I still barely have a clue what your saying, sir."
She sighed. He didn't seem too hostile, she could afford to be annoyed. "And please, don't treat me like a child. I act older than I look. Its just a little scary when some guy who looks like hes been bathed in a bottle of whisky brandishes some freaky sword at you." That one just might have been pushing it.

"Anyway, Endrykas, yes... I know where it is. I live there right now. And to be honest, its not really that far. I can get you in, quite easilly. And I don't want to take your money, sir. I have enough to get me by." She didn't like charity, unless absolutely necessary. Like Kayiri letting her stay in his home, for instance. But the rest of the time she preferred to manage. Maybe years of being kept as a slave did that to a person. She had learned to be quite self reliant.

"Oh, and... just a tip, Mister. Don't go waving that sword around in Endrykas. You'll no sooner be in than they'll be chucking you out again." Tebridiar chuckled to herself as she set back off to Endrykas.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Trios on December 3rd, 2010, 10:04 pm

Trios would walk till he was only a foot away from the girl, his face emotionless and cold as ever as the girl finished her first speech. The Isur was only five foot nothing so he came up to the girl’s chest making him look up to meet her eyes. Trios on the inside cursed the maker for creating humans so damn tall, it made it harder to be intimidating and fearsome when you had to look up at someone.

After a few deadly quiet moments the Isurian broke off in a cold hearted laughter. The laughter was caused at the early statements about smelling like booze topped with a comment about her not being a child. It would be a good moments of laughter before it died to a chuckle. It was also strange that Trios would keep his stone cold domineer going as he laughed, like it was just the way he was born to look.

“Trust me, your still a kid not much can be said about that” chuckled Trios poking the girl in the stomach with his index finger that had the density of rock than actual flesh. He had been a kid for nearly 30 years hell he was now starting to be considered a young adult.

“Now lead the way missy, this idle chit chat tastes bad in my mouth” Finished Trios cracking his neck, he wasn’t much for standing around and doing nothing.

It was also strange, thought Trios that the girl would offer to be a guide for free. That was a bit uncommon for a human. Even after she made a joke that he was most likely going to get kicked out of the country if he drew his weapon made him laugh inside. The human girl was starting to get on the good side of the Isur, but doing something for free and making one laugh isn’t enough to buy an allegiance. It just made you seem un-business like and a jokester.
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Tebridiar on December 4th, 2010, 12:42 am

What the...

He was... smaller than expected. From a distance he had looked tall and menacing, now up close, he looked a bit like... well, a bit like an angry midget pirate. He still looked fierce and furious, but his height made him slightly comical aswell. Tebridiar struggled to suppress a giggle. But he did seem light hearted, if only a little. He could laugh, and that was something.

His finger was hard, and rough. Was this guy actually made of rock?

"I still won't let go of the fact you think I'm a child. I'm not. Well, I could tell you something. But only a few people know, so it's best not to say anything. I feel older than I look, but in actual fact I am a lot, lot younger in years than what I look and feel. And I can, well, shift. But I wont say anymore." This must have been confusing. But the more confusing, the better. "I don't care if you don't like idle chit chat, I need to ask you. What are you? Your like a rock. A walking stone. What race?" Tebridiar wondered if he really was made out of stone, or whether years on the sea had been really, really unkind to the skin.

Tebridiar did start leading the way. They were three miles, if that, from the Knotted Gates to the city of the horse-people, and she wasn't going to waste any time getting there. She was doing this for free, after all.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Trios on December 4th, 2010, 1:48 am

So this is how he was to pay for the trip thought Trios, with tedious idle chit chat. It was true now more then ever that the human race were mostly all talk-talk-talk and no hard work. It was the same on any ship as it was the same on land. It made Trios cringe in annoyance rather than in anger, pleasurable talk was only meant for those whom you truly thought of as a friend or comrade.

But as the young girl spoke about being way younger than she looked but being older relative to the years all that really came to Trios’s mind was a human that just aged a bit faster than average. He had not known of any human that could “Shift” into something but the world was large and full of wonders, so who knew what this girl was capable of in reality. She still could be pulling false tall tails but Trios didn’t care none-the-less, who you are is who you are.

Walking in a double pace being the young girl’s pace it would be a few moments before Trios would speak as if deciding to continue the conversation by answering her question. It was hard to talk about what he was, he knew the name of his race for sure but to explain it was a bit difficult. Living with people that are different than you for a majority of your life makes it hard to put to words what you are because no one like you can explain it to you. Sure you have ideas and what other races tell you but that’s not the same as some one like you telling you what you really are was what Trios concluded.

This was where the greatness of humans came in despite their flaws. Trios had lived with a crew of what he considered good men; they didn’t really care what he was rather but who he was and what he was capable of. The slight difference in the last 30 years made it that much more enjoyable.

“Isur ” Replied Trios bluntly and quickly watching the girl for a few moments more before realizing that this answer would most likely not satisfy her curiosity. But blaming a young kid or whatever this girl was for asking them was like blaming the tides for rising and falling, it’s just inevitable.

“Allrigh-alllrigh! All I know is I can craft and alter metal and wood just with me bare hands, I don’t even need that many tools in my work I can just use me hands. And I also have the complexion and fortitude of a gemstone. And everything else about Isur’s you can fill in your guess is better than mine.” Sighed Trios as if he got the whole rock question a lot.

“There also better be some sort of sea supply traders at Endrykas” Muttered Trios as if he kept repeating his goals over and over again in his head to justify the needless chatter on the way to Endrykas.
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Aleksi on December 4th, 2010, 10:21 am

OOC: Well, I managed to get some ideas on how to post this thing, so good luck guys =)

Somewhere in the distance a horse gallop could be heard. It was coming closer and closer by the second, and once close enough, it almost felt like the earth was trembling. Aleski and Nott seemed to be having quite a bit of fun exploring this part together. And of course, after noticing beautiful red-brown(ish) hair, Aleksi made Nott gallop even faster, stopping just a few meters away from the most beautiful thing in her life.... Tebridiar... with someone??

Aleksi slowly stepped down off of Nott's back and rubbed his sides. Her head tilted instantly as she noticed a man, was it? She kept herself quiet for a few. It seemed like the young, tattooed woman was thinking. For some reason, the day was warmer then before so Aleksi wasn't wearing her cloak, which of course made her grin since she knew Tebridiar will notice that.

Oh! What a distraction that girl is in my life, Aleksi thought to herself before snapping her fingers and almost yelling in her own mind Isurs!
She rolled her eyes at herself and whispered with a rather silly grin curling up her big lips "Hello my dear.... I'm sorry for the little... weird intro... I was just trying to figure out what the thing next to you was, after saying that she looked at him in a way that if her eyes were arrows, he'd be long gone by now. Aleksi didn't like strangers, especially not around people... or well, Kelvics she cared about.

"Is everything ok?", she mumbled, stepping closer to Tebridiar as a quiet growl was heard behind Nott's legs. Luc appeared and with his head tilted he started walking towards the three questioningly. Was his owner getting soft on everyone? The huge, wild cat was rather confused with all of this.
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next