Open A Work in Progress (Ball/Various)

Ball and Ferrin meet while volunteering a city improvement

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Work in Progress (Ball/Various)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 8th, 2015, 7:00 pm

[list=][/list]
Ferrin
Fall 60th, 515 AV

OOCJust a heads up for those who would want to participate in this task. This thread will also be A Placeholder for those who might have delays on their posting rate. Again it is an Open thread, but don't stress if their are players who's post tends to be late. Thanks for all who participate. :)

Chilly winds spread throughout Syliras as the days are ever so nearer to this cold seasonal weather. Ferrin awoke once again more in the Heralds Arms, but this time it must've been a Nightmare. Or something really close to it at least.

Ferrin got out of his cozy bed and sat up body nearly covered by sweat.'it's just a dream.' Ferrin told himself. The details were just to real and vivid that Ferrin didn't want to think about it. He slipped on his boots and cloak. He belted on his sword and walked out of his room.

Locking the door behind him he scanned the hallway, just for extra precautions in case if anyone knew what was valuable of Ferrins' possessions. Ferrin slowly walked down the staircase leading into the eatery.

A familiar face ushered Ferrin to the counter after Ferrin stepped around the corner. "Hey, Ferrin come on over." The bartender waved. "Coming." Ferrin hurried over to the bartender.

The bartender motioned Ferrin to come sit at the bar. "What can I do for ya Ferrin mah boy?" Ferrin casually fished out a Gold Miza. "Just the morning meal." The young hunter gave the bartender the Miza and he walked into the kitchen to grab a fresh breakfast meal.

A tick or so passed by and the bartender brought in a plate of steaming goods. Eggs, Sausage, Hashbrown, and bacon. "Aye fresh from the stove, Ferrin. Enjoy." The bartender carefully placed down the plate and went back to his cleanings, before he done so. He told Ferrin how their is an engineer working near the Main Gates, building trenches for the new pipe system.

Ferrin figured that he'll check it out. And maybe ask if he can help out with it. "Alright I'll give it a go." The bartender chuckled happily, "This city is always looking for help around here." He said.

It didn't take long for Ferrin to finish his meal. He pushed his plate away, waved goodbye to the bartender, and walked out to the cobblestone streets.

The streets were busy, as they are always. Even in the mornings they reach this level of business. People all over, running around trying to get their seasonal objectives completed before the winter season breaks through.

Ferrin rushed off to the main gates hopefully there is something that Ferrin can do. Once he reached the Gates, he has already spotted some Knights and squires working on the trenches and the wall. "Hey, you guy with the blue cloak." Ferrin looked to where the voice called him.

His blue cloak shifting through the winds. "Hey over here! You want to help with the building site?" It was the engineer that the bartender was talking to Ferrin about. "Yeah, came here to see if I can help." The engineer who was watching the squires waved Ferrin to come by the wall if the Gates. Ferrin hurried over.

"Have you had any experience with building and construction?" Ferrin nodded, [b]"A little."
The engineer nodded "Well then grab yourself a shovel and start digging." And so Ferrin took a shovel near an already started trench and began expanding it along the wall digging with as much effort that he can put forth.

OOCyou can assume that Ferrin is near one of the walls adjacent to the Main Gates of Sylrias. He is also within a trench improving the capability of it. Either expanding it or making it longer along the wall. Sorry for the length.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"
Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 20th, 2015, 8:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on November 19th, 2015, 5:02 am

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Ball woke at the crack of Syna's reign. His eye cringed with the streams of gold cascading through the blinds covering the windows. It never helped the pycon squire to squish his eye down to try and block the rays and as such he just rolled from laying down to sitting up. Groaning as he rubbed bubbles from his body gently. It took a few ticks to remove all of them and with each bubble being removed Ball moaned loudly. Stretching after though Ball twisted and then whistled for his mount to get it's furry arse up and around. It took the dog some time to actually get untangled and in a place where Ball could just slide down onto the mount. Ball made a mental note about possibly retiring Imass and getting a new mount. You may have run your use old pal. I may just keep you for companionship soon enough.

It was made known recently that the city's engineer corp was working on advancements and improvements in and around the city's grounds. Ball decided to help anyway that he could. So when he left the dorms he approached the knights standing near the dorm's opening there was talk about needing a few of the order to keep things in line for the engineers at the front gates. Ball nodded and with Imass turned his attention towards the gates. If they needed help, help was what they would get. In some fashion Ball was sure he could help. The clay squire knew he was not exactly capable of shoveling dirt or hauling things out of the way, but he could most likely assist by breaking large rocks to be extracted.

It was that thought in mind that Ball kept when he arrived to the scene before him. A long trench ran the a small length of the wall and there was only a man with a shovel grunting under the hard labor he was doing. The engineers were watching and making vocal adjustments in depth, width, length. Ball halted his mount and stared at the corps men. “Instead of just yelling at the citizen why not climb down in the trench and assist the man? He is doing this out of the goodness of his heart. Why can't you do the same eh?” Ball looked up at the two engineers, “Better yet. Why don't you both get in there and assist him and I will follow suit. Otherwise you won't like what I have to say afterwards.” When the two engineers snorted Ball growled.

“Get. In. The. Trench.” He pointed towards it and the men gulped, realizing just then it appeared who stood before them. With a scuffling of feet and clumsy grabbing of spades and they found themselves in the dirt with Ferrin. Ball nodded and slide down the side of the trench and frowned. His height wasn't going to be super productive, but there were rocks that were proving difficult and it was these that Ball focused on. Balling up his little hands into fists the pyken artist started pummeling them repeatedly, cracking the stones after a few hits before they splintered and he could help remove them so widen the trench quicker.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 1st, 2016, 1:24 pm

"Speech" -- Timestamp -- Thoughts

As the two engineers, and they conversed mockingly towards Ferrin. The two were interrupted as a deep almost frightenly low voice called out and warded the men off. Well, not completely ward them off. Simply, to defend the Kenashian. Ferrin looked around for the figure whom spoke. He was in noticeable as the mysterious character ordered the two engineers to get into the trench and work their petching tails off. It was at that instant that this clay like figure had decided to slide down and join in on the work next to Ferrin.

The figure was none the less, small. How could something so small of a person have the capability to order those two men to work? Was he a Knight? A squire? Ferrin hadn't seen any custom armour on the figure. Perhaps, these creatures didn't need any armor and perhaps indestructible? Or at least, mostly indestructible. Wouldn't there be at least one way that could harm this creature.

The Pycon went to work with a steady pace as he chipped and cracked some stone that ended up annoying Ferrin as it was wedged into the trench. What was this project even intended for? Ferrin wondered."Er, ah. Thank you, my friend. Here let me help."Ferrins sweaty hands eventually went back to the hilt of the spade that. And assisted Ball in shoveling the rocks and dirt up and out if the trench.

"I really appreciate what you have had done for me. I would've pummeled those guys if they wouldn't have closed their petching mouths. My name would be Ferrin, may I ask. What is yours my friend?"Ferrin asked with short breaths in between as he hefted rocks and mixed stone over the trench. How long has it actually been since he had gotten into this trench? The time. A bell? Half a bell? It didn't matter to the man, as long as he had company, who would possibly not mind the Kenashians company. Ferrin would be fine.

Credits go to Aislyn

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2