Closed [The Temple of All Gods]Wandering to Worship[Elann]

Two strangers find themselves in the same house of worship

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Temple of All Gods]Wandering to Worship[Elann]

Postby Clyde Sullins on December 27th, 2015, 12:54 am

Clyde shook his head at her mentioning her own demise if she'd been in a similar situation.

“You'd be surprised what you'll do to stay alive, how strong you can be. The time I had to travel alone, I was a guard for a caravan. I'd gone off on patrol, or I'd left the caravan for something, I can't recall fully why, but when I returned everyone was dead. And the people that killed them were still there. People, not monsters. Then they attacked me. I think most would agree that story would end with my demise.”

“But I'm here because I didn't give up. I fought them back, managed to escape, and managed to make it the rest of the way back to the city which was still a few days away. On foot. If your life is on the line, often you can find the fire within yourself and do what you must. Though admittedly its a bit easier if you've got a bit of combat knowledge. If you'd like perhaps we could spar some time, practice a bit. Though I don't know much but staff fighting. I'm not sure what type of fighting you'd want to learn, fists, steel, or whatever. I've seen some people who used bows pretty effectively, though I've never used one myself. But any combat knowledge is better than none.”

Pressing on from combat, the subject turned once more to Sunberth. Elann wanted to know how they weren't all dead, which Clyde supposed was a valid question.

“I suppose a lot of people die there, life tends to be cheap in a place like that. But I suppose enough people are born or immigrate to offset those who die. And I'm sure eventually if you go about killing people, someone is going to kill you in turn, so people aren't able to just kill unimpeded. I only know so much of the place though, I've never been there.”

However quickly enough the subject shifted once more, turning to Elann's god Yahal. Clyde listened to her description, nodding on occasion. Purity and righteousness. On the face that was about as opposite of Rhysol's domain as one could get. But he supposed, infusing a bit of Chaon logic into his thinking, it wasn't so different from what Rhysol did.

If one was a bit liberal with the definition of pure and righteous. Which, Clyde thought to himself, was a subjective thing in truth. Rhysol did wish for a purity of sorts for the world, cleansed of the influence of others opposed to him. Chaos had its own truth, its own pureness in its complete everything-ness. And fighting for Rhysol's ways, fighting for the good of all even if they didn't see it as such, was a righteous path. If the world was utterly pure, then Rhysol wouldn't be able to corrupt.

His touch only brought out the darkness within, took away the lie and facade that hid it within a person, and brought this true self to the outside. The truly righteous, if they did exist, could not be twisted or turned from the true path. The fact that so few could resist just showed how much darkness existed within people, hidden as a lie within while on the face they acted good.

“How do you know though what is pure, what is righteous? Right and wrong is so subjective in my experience. So situational. There are so few absolutes. I've killed, I won't deny it. Many would say that is bad, or impure. But if I hadn't, I wouldn't be alive here today, but others would. I wouldn't say that is wrong, or impure. Not in the world we live in. How then... How then do you know you are on the right path? That what you do is pure or righteous?”

Clyde paused for a moment, shaking his head, a contrite expression on his face.

“I'm... I'm not sure if a god like that would take me. Sometimes there is no good choice, no right answer. I won't lie and say I've never done anything like that. I've been pressed into many such corners. Do the Benshira not fight? Not kill? Not defend themselves?”

From her words, Clyde wondered if the benshira girl had ever truly faced a real trial, a real test of her conviction. He didn't want to assume that she was judging him, but he'd faced many harsh tests and only come out alive because he'd been willing to do what he must, even things some would call dark or impure. He'd long since lost count of the number of men he'd killed, though he'd never doubted the necessity of any of the deaths.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elann on December 29th, 2015, 3:38 am

Elann listened with delight to his story. It was safe to assume she loved stories, so as he told his, she was naturally inclined to be drawn in by the dramatics. When he'd finished, she looked down and knew he was right. It was a look of near shame at her failure to provide for herself, but she herself had a story to tell him.

"I think I know what you mean, Clyde. On my way here to Syliras, we stopped in Kenash for a couple days to unload and load to trade goods on the boat we journeyed on. We were told not to go far into the swamps for our own safety, and I really took that to heart. Just a small distance from the ship really, down a wooden dock, out sprung a huge River God. In an instance he snatched me up, dangling me upsidedown. I thought he was going to eat me, but instead he began to toy with me like a cat does with a mouse. I thought I was going to be dead. I had never prayed so hard in my life. Shortly after, the snake-like man began to taunt me, even going so far as to lick my face as if I was a treat," she laughed lightly, though still in her heart it was a scary event, "So when he licked me...I uh...I slapped him. Hard."

The sweet innocent girl shrugged a bit, shy about the fact she had stood up to a river god and smacked him for licking her. "He did something again, I can't recall what, I think he tried to take my waist band off, and so I smacked him again. At that point his toying with me took on a much more serious threat and instead of fighting him, which was clearly impossible for me, I ended up singing to him. He loved my song so much that he lost focus on me just long enough for me to escape him. So while I may not use a staff, which would have been much better in that instance, I was strong when I needed to be. I don't think I'd want to learn the staff though. Maybe someday soon I'll get better at my slingshot or pick up a bow and try to learn it."

The sound of Sunberth did not sound appealing to her and she grimaced.

"It does sound like a place I would ever really want to travel to."

Though she would go in an instant if Yahal asked her to. Clyde seemed to confuse her following a god that is Pure and Righteous for her being pure and righteous. "You are more of an expert than I am I'm sure Clyde in the ways of the world. I am still new, but yes, the Benshira fight, defend themselves, and kill, but killing is not murder. Murder is ...with bad impure intent." She couldn't think of the word Malicious. "But there is a path to purity and righteousness. You say, 'Elann, how do you know what is pure, what is righteous?'. I am not pure or righteous, am I? So we can't listen to my own understanding, because like you said it is 'subjective'." She assumed that meant it is subject to something. "So over the years, Yahal has been known as the god of Purity and Righteousness, even by other Gods, who's understanding is far beyond mine, right? Would they lie? Maybe...I don't know...But I do know this. Since I have followed Yahal, my life feels as though it has been purified. I feel as though I do what is right. Maybe not all the time, because I am not perfect -- far from it actually -- but I am trying. I know that regardless of what you've done in your life, Yahal would accept you. I know this for a fact. I have heard this growing up from the scrolls and heard it from Morian in this very temple. It doesn't matter what you've done...if you seek purity, he will accept you. I know he has for me."

Other's Words ~~ My Words ~~ My Thoughts

Elann
Player

Words: 322359
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 10:19 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on January 1st, 2016, 6:02 pm

Clyde listened as Elann told one of her stories in turn, after he'd delved into one of his own. Of course as ever with his tales it was a partial thing, with much of the information left vague or untold.

Mage's tended to be secretive by nature, but Clyde seemed even more so for his breed. Of course, he also had lasted longer and become a stronger mage than many lived to, so perhaps his secrecy and paranoia had a factor in that.

Clyde had met Dhani before, and so new of snake men, but the first name she gave them of a "River-God" had confused him. He wasn't totally sure if he'd misunderstood, or if she simply meant Dhani and didn't know of them.

Her story though only seemed to further prove his point, at least in his own mind. Slapping a Dhani, and then singing to it till it left her be, wasn't really a life threatening event. Dhani were after all sentient, just as humans. They could be convince to go away, to spare ones life, and to not kill. Her story had been just another example of how she'd been lucky or gotten away without having been forced to do anything truly to stay alive.

She hadn't faced a mindless monster, or a beast, something that couldn't be reasoned with or tricked or convinced to stand down. If she met something truly monstrous, singing would do nothing, not help or hurt. If that came to pass she'd have only one option, as everyone else did. Kill, or be killed. It was clear to Clyde from her story that she'd met no such event, as Clyde had over and over.

He'd faced threats that didn't play, that wanted him dead or out of the way, to enslave him, or rip out his throat. No manner of playing would get them to stop. Such beasts only understood one thing, brute force. Either you used it to kill the threat, or used enough till they fled and knew it wasn't worth it to come after you.

“I can understand that to a degree... I have likewise always tried to do what was right. I try to do what is best, even if its not what is nice or what people want. Often people don't really know whats best for them, and desire and ask for what is the worst for them... I don't kill unless I must, and I don't start fights for no reason.”

Clyde paused for a moment, thinking things over, not sure if he truly understood the girl. But he did have a fairly firm understanding of her lacking in understanding the ways of the world. It was easy to be pure when one had not been muddied by the world and its harsh necessities. He doubted if she'd gone through half of what he had she'd still be as she was now.

One's past made them who they were, and the happy carefree and helpful child he'd been in Syliras ages ago seemed far distant from who he was now in truth. He had been burned away by life, by cruel necessity, and the many trials he'd been through.

“The day grows late... Would you like to join me for a meal? I've wanted to visit the White Swan since I returned to Syliras. Join me for repast, and perhaps we can speak more? I would get to know you better. You seem like someone worth getting to know.”
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elann on January 1st, 2016, 6:35 pm

Elann was truly fortunate to have run into a Dhani compared to something far more vicious. In her mind she truly felt the threat of death right around the corner, and for her, it had awoken something within her. She had warded beasts off their herds as a young girl, having to watch over them while her father slept, but the lion and bear didn't seem to scare her as much as the Dhani. He seemed intent to toy maliciously with her and she knew her death was imminent.

Still, she had made it safely to Syliras and had been somewhat changed inside. Instead of being more hateful or negative, she instead was more loving toward others, laying herself before them with all she had to give. Her near death had caused her instead to embrace the fact she wasn't invincible, and there were things out there that could kill her or anyone, so why not love them while they were there?

"Well I think those are good qualities to have Clyde. In a way, you are acting faithful to others, trying your best. That's all we can do really."

His invitation was not exactly understood at first. She was there in the temple to pray. She was not hungry and there was not really such a thing as dating in her culture; only arranged marriage. His invitation therefore was initially rejected in her mind, but it was more his desire to know her better and her compassion toward him that eventually changed her mind.

"I am not very hungry, you may feel free to eat, but I can join you if you would like?" She didn't seem to gush about being asked out or even register the gesture other than what it was, a chance to know more of her and for him to eat a meal. It was so common in her life that all Benshira had to struggle for survival, that with the abundance of food in Syliras, despite it not actually being exactly an abundance, it left her full of food at most times. She rarely ate much of anything and usually it was traditional Benshira food she herself made; thick and able to sustain for a long time. Even the place he mentioned was so foreign to her, having only been to one restaurant in Syliras since arriving, and it was more of a tavern than anything. Elann had a map of Syliras and had noticed the White Swan on it, but like the majority of places, she had yet to explore it.

"So how many times have you have been to Syliras before in your travels then?" She assumed since he mentioned his return to Syliras and his travels through it previously that he had been there before at least once. Perhaps this White Swan was a place that served good food if he wanted to return to it?

Elann
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on January 2nd, 2016, 2:57 am

Clyde of course didn't know much of Benshiran culture, no more than Elann knew of Syliran human, and so it hadn't even crossed his mind that asking someone to dinner might mean something completely different to her.

Her response was somewhat confusing, and he wasn't fully sure how to react. Even his normally cool and calm exterior froze for a moment as his mind whirred into place.

“Ah... Sure. Perhaps I can convince you to partake once we arrive. I'd love to learn more of your culture and customs. I am sure that... That many of the things we do must seem odd, or that you don't understand our meaning, while I myself am unaware of your peoples ways. If you have any questions of things that have puzzled you, perhaps I can clear them up.”

Clyde couldn't help but smile in response to Elann's question, it only then occurring that he'd failed to mention that bit of information.

“Well, I haven't visited too many times, but I've lived here for quite a bit. I'm a native after all, I was born and raised here, and lived here till I was about fifteen or sixteen. All of my travelling has been over the last few years. Or maybe four or five years, I've not sure exactly how long its been since I first left Syliras. But I've returned once or twice since then.”

Clyde paused for a moment, appearing a bit lost in thought, before continuing onward.

He'd stumbled a bit with her response to his proposal of a dinner, but he felt he'd picked up well from there.

“The White Swan then? I'll show you the way. Its a fine establishment, I've heard its food is the best in Syliras. I've not had a chance to visit before, but I've been wanting to dine there since I returned.”

Assuming Elann agreed, Clyde would lead her to the aforementioned establishment, talking along the way.

It occurred to him that there were two things he needed to find out. One was common customs of Benshira in regards to food and drink. He didn't want to offend her after all. The second was one he'd need to sneak in a bit more subtly, or would try to, that of if she was spoken for.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elann on January 2nd, 2016, 3:32 am

Elann had come to find that many of the Benshira who were in the city were down in the Bazaar and were part of a subculture that she likely could never take part in without the presence of her father. Therefore she herself had no-one to truly explain the city to her except for Noah and the women she worked with at the Elegant Weave. The women at the Elegant weave were a bit more focused on gossip and cloth than explaining to her the ins and outs of the city and the places on her map.

She wished she had her map with her so she could make notes as they talked. It would clear up so many things for her. For that reason as he spoke, she grew a bit more excited about the thought of going and explaining some of her culture and he explaining his.

"There are a few questions I would have about your culture and customs. This sounds fun," she said happily.

It was good to see Clyde smile at her question. It meant he was about to give her the benefit of more information. She nodded in understanding to his travels and the fact he was a native. At times she had wished Noah was a native, but he was from Zeltiva, so there were many things he didn't know.

"That sounds good," she commented as she stood. While Elann was clean, her clothes were not high quality furs and fabrics of the sort that generally were let into the White Swan dining area. Still, she was prepared to go and as they went, she asked him about his time in Syliras.

"It must have unnerved you after growing up within these walls for most of your life to finally be out in the wilds- exploring the region and various cities. I know I would be scared to death at first. Especially running into the many dangerous animals, bandits, and monsters on your way."

Naturally the journey was a bit crowded, as the streets always seemed to be, but she had grown accustomed over the past few months to moving through the crowd well. Still, occasionally she would come against someone pushing through and have to apologize and move out of their way. It was in those moments, unless Clyde kept pace with her, she'd have to play catch up. Where she was from, the only time masses of people were gathered were for the festivals celebrating Yahal or weddings. Otherwise she was in the tents of her father, far from any sort of civilization in the middle of the desert.

As they approached the White Swan Inn, it almost seemed to appease her senses more. It was a peaceful location, still within the traffic to and from Stormhold, but it exuded safety. Fine smells she had never smelled reached her nose that she had never smelled before. Many people came and went, some she even recognized from the orphanage as guards who would stop by at times to visit the children, though she did not go out of her way to gather their attentions.

From inside came music and as they approached the restaurant she could see the murals upon the wall, beautifully done. The opulence of the people walking inside suddenly made her self-conscious but it didn't show on her face. She had no reason to believe that she herself would not be allowed to enter. Seasoned staff moved too and fro throughout the interior of the establishment, serving dishes and performing any number of services for the guests. Elann, having never been there before, took up position slightly behind and to the right of Clyde, allowing him to deal with the man at the door of the restaurant.

Elann
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on January 2nd, 2016, 8:51 pm

As they walked along Clyde listened to her questions, pondering the last one for a bit.

Thinking back to himself however, the times during which he first left Syliras were a bit muddled. He recalled leaving, though he couldn't fully recall how he'd left or by what means. Caravan? Horse? He couldn't recall. At the time he'd been under the influence of magic, and his mind hadn't been completely clear.

He knew he'd left Syliras and gone to Zeltiva. At some point after that he'd gone on to Sahova, and in the end ended up in Ravok.

Ravok was where he'd made his home, where he'd had the spell upon his mind lifted, and where many other things has occurred. Some of which he still had the marks to prove.

“Not really... Even as a child, I often went outside the walls and explored. I spent as much time as I could out of the castle, exploring the woods and such. By the time I left I'd met quite a few threats and lived through them. So it wasn't so hard for me to leave.”

“Although to be honest, I was probably safer when traveling between cities. Outside the walls as a child I was alone. Between the cities I always had men at my back. Its not that hard to find a caravan or group heading to wherever you are, so I didn't travel alone. Except that one time where my caravan was attacked, but that was the only time I went alone and even then it was only part of the trip.”

“I've always found myself able to meet whatever threat faced me.”

When they reached there destination Clyde headed inside, and waited for the worker there to inquire as to his need.

Clyde would come in close to the man as he supplied his answer.

“Table for two.”

As he neared the man he'd somewhat subtly set a handful of mizas into his grip, and then take a half step back. He wasn't sure if "tipping" the man was strictly necessary, but he found it made things go a bit smoother.

After depositing the coin, Clyde would wait to be taken to there table and seated, were, he supposed, there orders would be taken.

OOC: I'm just going to assume a handful of Mizas and a proper bribe is around 5 gm, and that such is around what Clyde gave. Also bear in mind, "subtle" for Clyde isn't all that subtle. He's no stealth master.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elann on January 3rd, 2016, 3:11 am

It was very interesting to hear Clyde's tale of how he was raised in Syliras. She was surprised he was still alive after having played out in the woods and outside of the walls. The only children she had had any experience with was the children of the orphanage, safe behind the walls of the city and their own location. A wild young Clyde roaming alone never had crossed her mind. She herself had experience the frightening anger of the Tsana and many other beasts but had never been injured. Being young, she had managed to be a bit faster than them, but for the most part she stayed in her tent under the orders of her father, working on rugs.

"I was not like that. I rarely explored. My only issue with the wildlife and danger were scorpions and deadly snakes in our tents and when we would go down for water to the oasis. I really don't know what I would do if I went through the things you went through."

The bribe as they moved up to the doorway was a large sum, roughly the cost of an average lunch of fine dining and likely more than some other bribes people attempted to bribe him with. Whatever blowback the man would receive for letting them in was not as important to him as 5GM, at least Elann was clean, even if dressed in slightly higher than average clothing with her fur lined cloth. Still despite her dressed well, there was nothing about her that matched what other women were wearing inside. A waiter showed them through the circular room, musicians of all sorts weaved their harmonized notes through the restaurant, adding just enough sound to drown out the competitive sound of people speaking over the other nearby tables. In the center was a large firepit, of which Elann was happy to see. Assuming Clyde didn't want the banquet and preferred instead the 10 course dinner, they were set on the south side of the restaurant, but on the north side she could see people rising and taking food off a banquet table. Never before had she seen so much food in her life.

Coming at a lull in business, after determining whether they wanted the banquet or not, their waiter immediately showed them to their table instead of having them wait by the fireplace. Once they were seated in their terrace that lined the outer wall, her eyes remained glued to the large piling of food.

"Look at that. I've never seen so much food in one restaurant." With a blink she shook her head and looked back to him. "We Benshira for the most part only would ever have that much food at a large festival at the Temple to Yahal in Yahebah, but not even at weddings would we see so much."

The waiter lingering, seemed a bit annoyed at her speaking rather than letting him say his rehearsed lines, though Elann did not notice. Once she was finished speaking however he handed them a menu and asked if there was anything in particular they wanted to drink.

Elann took a moment to read over the flowing script of the menu, it reminding her of her desire to learn how to write well. She took in a breath as she finally located the beverages and her eyes went wide at the 2 gm cost for a simple glass of wine. A meek smile passed over her mouth and she looked up and said, "Nothing for me, thank you." It was clear that she was increasingly uncomfortable to a man able to discern hidden emotions, though she was trying to keep it to herself.

Elann
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on January 3rd, 2016, 2:32 pm

Clyde of course left out much of his tale. He left out for instance, that he'd been a Reimancer, and that he'd gone out in part to train the magic away from the knighthood. If he'd been a child without the magic, he'd likely have ended up dead.

He'd been lucky in that respect, since he'd been a fast learner with his Reimancyy and was quickly decent enough with it to ward off most average threats.

He hadn't then attained true mastery as he now had, but even from a young age he'd been of a reasonable skill level and able to defend himself from all but the deadliest threats. A few wolves, or a couple of Yukmen, couldn't so easily take down a somewhat skilled Reimancer. He hadn't stayed a lowly initiate long, and had quickly progressed past the point of becoming exhausted from a small fireball or two.

Clyde had also had a knack for finding friends in the wilds. He'd been friendly, willing to help, and did not begrudge others who he found outside the castle. He'd even given some tips and aid to some casters older than he.

Of course that all changed when a foul spell from a strange mage was laid upon him, and he forgot his magic.

Clyde noted facts of what Elann said, attempting to order them in his mind. She'd said before she was of the desert... So then an oasis made sense, as it'd be one of the few places to find water. As did scorpions and snakes, as they'd be come of the few creatures, he assumed, that would be about.

When they entered Clyde was tempted by the banquet, but instead decided upon the regular meal. He himself had an almost unending appetite, and could easily put to shame a much larger person with the food he could put away. He seemed to himself to never truly be full, and as a child he recalled he'd been able to eat more than most adults.

He'd never been portly though, having kept his more or less slim figure even when he'd eaten more than seemed reasonable. His body simply seemed to work that way, able to process whatever he consumed no matter how much. He never gorged himself, but he could continue on eating at a steady pace without end almost, so long as food was placed before him.

“Yes, but from what I understand, the desert is a harsh demanding place. It is not like Syliras with its plentiful fields and vegetation. The same amount of food here takes far less effort than the same amount would in the desert, am I right? One must take into account their surroundings.”

Clyde had been quietly attuning himself to Elann's aura, and had almost forgotten that he was reading it. It had fallen almost into the background of his consciousness, and he wasn't even putting his full focus into it.

As such he didn't notice at first the flare of her aura, and the swirl of emotions there so visibly. He could feel and see her discomfort, like a red roiling snake in her gut, biting at her.

Attempting to put her at ease, he smiled. Pairing her feelings with what he'd seen on her face as she read the menu, he could only assume it was the price that upset her, and that it was beyond her means.

“Please, order what you like, its on me. I won't take offense. Indulge this once, won't you? I enjoy seeing others enjoy themselves. Your in a new land, try something new, eh? Surely there are things here you've not had?”

In the end whether or not he convinced Elann to order something, Clyde would wait for a time and then finally order himself a juice.

For reasons of his own he didn't imbibe, as he didn't think it was a good idea for him to ever become drunk.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elann on January 3rd, 2016, 4:29 pm

Clyde seemed to have somewhat of an understanding of the desert and how it worked there, but until you were poorly starving for days on end, you could never fully understand what it was like to see an animal to kill for dinner. Lentils helped stem the tide of that hunger if they could find or trade for enough of them. Generally Yahebah had the most supplies, having actual crops near the city, but for the desert people, her people, life was very hard at times.

"That is right. The sun is powerful and threatens to dry up all the plant life, then you have very little water, then you have to fend off disease, wild animals, and locusts, and even... sand storms?...can be a pain," she said as if not sure exactly what the word for sandstorm was. "The people in Yahebah, the city near where I lived, sometimes eat okay because they have crops. My tribe not so much. They are goat herders, sheep herders. They make rugs." Giving a little nod, she seemed to have explained it in her mind it seemed.

His reading of her aura would definitely show the red roiling snake in her gut, biting at her, but as he offered to pay, to partake of the goods of Syliras, he would sense a powerful resistance. Elann was stubborn, very stubborn.

"No thank you," she said pleadingly to him. "There is nothing I really want to have." Which was true, but not entirely. There was a couple things she wanted to try at the banquet table that she was sure would come in a dinner meal, given everyone's plates she could view around them, but it was not worth the cost, and therefore her desire for it was nullified; even if he was paying. "Really, I am not hungry, but you eat, please." There was in no way she would ever order a 10-course meal. She'd eat part of the first course and waste the rest.

"I hope my decision to not eat does not affect our conversation nor offends you. Is that bad?" This was the first time in a fancy restaurant ever in her life. She had no idea of the cultural ramifications of her actions and she didn't want to offend her host, but really she just was not hungry enough to justify the expenditure.

Elann
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

PreviousNext