Sleeping Stranger

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Sleeping Stranger

Postby Nephti on January 10th, 2016, 12:41 pm

Sayana's hesitation before telling her that she didn't know how long the illusion would last told Nephti a lot. Sayana didn't know but wanted to. She didn't want it to be forever. She shook her head ticks later, Nephti moving over. The girl took the zith hands in hers, tender, gentle movements. She stared straight at the woman's eyes, seeing in them an emotion Nephti knew well. Hope.

"Don't worry, Sayana. Hold onto hope and Priskil will help you." Of course, since this was a punishment, perhaps the goddess had no desire to help a criminal. Perhaps Sayana had done something that angered even the kind goddess. Nephti couldn't ask her any more. Wrongful punishment or not, she didn't want Sayana to suffer more as she tried to explain.

The woman wanted to explain, though, showing an embroidered cross across her heart then miming being tied to a chair. Every bandage was accounted for, the reason for it revealed. Each action repeated and clear so Nephti understood. She did understand, at least about some things.

A torrent of feelings overcame Nephti, piercing through her mind. A word, Seamstress, then fear, revenge, power, pain. A mess that she couldn't distinguish from the others. Seamstress. Who or what was she? What relevance did she have? To the Eypharian, the name was unknown, the meaning barely there. She had to discover it. But not now.

Sayana had collapsed to the floor, spitting up blood. Nephti moved to help her, holding her steady as the woman traced words in blood.

The scarlet letters stood out clearly. Sayana had to lead the zith.
She had to give hope. Nephti nodded even before the final two words. Hope was what she lived for. Priskil had given her a gift. Now it was time that she gave others the very thing the goddess stood for.

"I will," she whispered, to Sayana, to Priskil and to herself, "I will give them all hope."

Nephti
Player

Words: 198805
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2015, 5:44 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Sleeping Stranger

Postby Kaleidoscope on January 28th, 2016, 5:19 pm

Nephti
Skills
  • Cosmetology: +1
  • Intimidation: +1
  • Interrogation: +2
  • Observation: +4
  • Organisation: +1
  • Weapon: Scimitar: +1
Lores
  • Sayana: Has the appearance of a Zith (Winter 21 515 AV)
  • Hypnotism: Recognising it in others
  • Sayana: Needs help and hope
Comments
Really lovely writing Nephti, I like the slow and wary realisation. Keep up the good work.

Sayana
Skills
  • Acting: +2
  • Hypnotism: +3
  • Unarmed combat: +1
  • Writing: +2
Lores
  • Combat: Disarming an opponent whilst weaponless
  • Sayana: Has the appearance of a Zith (Winter 21 515 AV)
Comments
The overgiving for the hypnotism is being done very well, keep that up. Sayana's realisation of her new self was amusing!

Comments: Very good work you two, and a thoroughly enjoyable thread. It had a very sweet ending, and I look forward to seeing more of your adventures. :)

Enjoy your grade, and please don't forget to delete/edit out your grade request. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office