PM to join A Day Out! (Ferrin Al'Mandrikan) Part 2 of 2

Ferrin and Jade meet at the Stone Gardens and they ended up having a whole day planned. Let's see where it takes them?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Day Out! (Ferrin Al'Mandrikan) Part 2 of 2

Postby Jade Laken on January 11th, 2016, 3:23 am

"Well work is so I can support myself in my travels. Even in Endrykas I would need to find a job rather quickly in order to get the necessary items needed to survive on the plains. Now a strider is almost a sacred animal in a way to the Drykas. When a Drykas bonds to a strider they become one with the clans in a sense. At that time the new Drykas is given his or her windmarks which is a tattoo on a body part showing the rest of the Drykas more about you. Later in the season a festival is held and the new Drykas is given a ribbon that is tied to the posts that mark the entrance to Endrykas. A young woman without a bonded Strider is frowned upon in the drykas culture or at least in my personal family. I am unsure of the other pavilions and clans, but my father was furious I had not yet bonded to a Strider or married yet. So one night I heard him talking to my mother about being a huge disgrace to the family name, after I went into my room packed up and left that very night. I didn't look back at Endrykas until after I had made it here and realized how alone I felt knowing that to my family I was some huge disgrace that would walk around Endrykas like it was nothing to be single," Jade said and looked to Ferrin as the two walked down to the stables to care for the horses.

"I know it all must seem silly to you and even to me I am amazed at how father could react so callously about marriage and a horse of all things," Jade said and shook her head once more before looking at Ferrin to gauge his reaction to all the information she had just told him.
Last edited by Jade Laken on January 13th, 2016, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 11th, 2016, 3:43 pm

Well, it was settled then. The pair had had set off quickly after the short conversation in the apartment. Jade had explained how harsh some... Pavilions. Was that the name Jade had called it? But the way that the Drykas people had set up their ways, felt too much to Ferrin. And it must've had seemed stressful at the time when you do not have all of the requirements for your family to be happy."Oh, I understand. I'm a bit similar in a way. When I was young I would actually play the lute, but my father thought otherwise. Since he was a Knight himself at Syliras here, he wanted me to have the same fate. Well, not exactly the same as him in a way. So he trained me for awhile to make me a better fighter so that I wouldn't have to rely on anyone. So I could be out alone and be able to protect myself. The main reason why I thought my father had never wanted me to play musical instruments was that I figured that he had thought that it would be a particular waste of time. And I'll be better off defending myself with a sword, rather than an instrument that could play tunes."

Ferrin sighed and smiled as he had spoken. He thought about his younger brother who was still in Kenash tending at the family ranch out on the farming area near the city."So, achieving all of those things are definitely important then. But, what if you are unable to reach all of these... Requirements. What would happen if you return to the traveling city without all of these goals completes? What would happen to you? Ferrin asked warmly. He hoped it wasn't bad, but it seemed worse already for Jade, when her father had called her a disgrace."And anyways, you seem anything but, a disgrace. I see a wonder within you that could not be contained by disgracesness." Ferrin replied spiritually. He didn't do any priest praises towards the Gods or anything of the like though. If he did, he had a feeling that he would might be punished quite badly for doing so.

"Someday, though, I'll be planning to travel across Mizahar and visit every friendly city I can. But that dream would have to wait and settle until I can see how far my training to become a squire would get me." After what had had seemed like a Bell, but was half or so of it. The pair had had reached the Stables. Ferrin was glad to reach the spot where Cyprus was housed. The fenced in field spread acres about. And trees sprouted all around the edges that bordered the plainland. It was simple, yet decent enough for ab few horses to go roam about. The track was still up to."Well, here we are. The Windmount Stables." Ferrin said as if he was some sort of obvious announcer. Serena stepped out of the large wooden barn doors as if on a cue.

Her brown sugar hair draped down and she was wearing her winter attire. "Hello, Ferrin right? Glad to see you again. And um Jade was it? If your here to see your horses they are within this barn I can show them to you if you would like?" Serena said warmly. Ferrin nodded."Yep, just checking on them. I think we're good, thanks Serena." Serena nodded and went back to tending to the horse. The barn on the outside seemed weathered down and the paint slightly faided. It still had had showed its color of red
But, it almost seemed scratched away. Ferrin opened the barn door and let Jade in. Horses in pens filled the barn and strecthed across the whole structure. Hay was stacked at one end of the barn and the horses were content when they had seen Jade and Ferrin. Cyprus was back at the end, and once he had spotted Ferrin he knickered. And shook his head to tell Ferrin to come see him."Hey there Cyprus!" Ferrin had said.

"Which ones yours?" Ferrin asked gently as he turned to face Jade.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jade Laken on January 11th, 2016, 4:48 pm

Jade walked with the young man beside her listening as he commented on everything she had just told him.

"My father will still think I was a disgrace, but so long as I have a strider he would make sure I tied my ribbon between to men ribbons and hope they wrap around each other." Jade said and shook her head at the craziness her father often used to right his actions.

Jade saw the red building up ahead of the two as they walked up to check on the horses. The young girl saw the owner step out and greet the pair as they walked up.

"It is good to see you once more as well miss," Jade said with a smile to the woman.

"We can find them no problem," Jade said with a smile as the two walked in and the owner returned to her office?

The smell of hay and horses was a comforting smell to Jade, "This is so comforting." She said with a smile and her Diria snort and neigh hearing her.

"Hey big girl!" Jade said and ran over to Diria as she was halfway down the barn on the opposite side of the barn.

"This is Diria she's a Zavian that I got from the auction house by at Endrykas," Jade said with a smile looking at him. She laughs as Diria nibbles at the back of her head.

"I get it you are hungry," Jade said laughing and looking back at her mare gently.
Last edited by Jade Laken on January 13th, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 12th, 2016, 12:51 am

As the two stepped within the fortitude of the barn that Serena had been tending to the other stallions. Jade hurried off to her horse as she had had just noticed it. She had explained that her horses name was Diria. It was a delegate name for the horse. And it was also a Zavian same as Ferrins' horse. Cyprus was a pretty loyal horse. Speaking of, the horse whinnied at Ferrin in disgust as if saying "Why aren't you here petting me?" Ferrin strolled over to his horse to. And started stroking the mane of Cyprus.
"There you go boy. Have you missed me? Its been awhile since I have ridden you."Ferrin said gently.

He turned to face Jade who while he was petting and had said"Hey Jade, so what is it that you wanted to do here again?"Ferrin asked simply."It is getting late though. So I think we should soon head back and have some dinner. As we finish with that then we'll head back home."Ferrin said simply. He finished petting Cyprus and Cyprus licked him on the face.With horse saliva to."Cyprus! This would take awhile for it to come clean."Ferrin said in exaggeration. "But I still love you. And soon I promise we could ride once it gets warmer out alright?"The horse whinnied and stomped his feet lightly as it has agreed to the deal. Well, possible deal. Ferrin waited for Jade to be done so that the two would be able to head out and back into the bustling city. It was getting late, for all he had known. The sun was now soon to set. He hoped that they wouldn't stay to long. He had also known that these horses could manage to take a decent enough care of themselves as well. So Ferrin shouldn't worry. But, he was hungry again. Even though, they had had eaten a few bells ago.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on January 12th, 2016, 3:18 am

"Give me about four minutes," Jade said with a smile and walked over to the hay and grabbed some walking back to Diria's stall walking in and putting up the hay; before working on putting water in her stall so that the owner did not have to feel like Jade was taking advantage of her kindness and services.

"Okay ready," Jade said walking over with a smile happy to have taken care of Diria as the pair walk out of the stables waving their good bye and thanks to the woman who owned the building.

"How long have you been riding?" Jade asked with a smile looking at him wanting to know how long he had Cyprus.

"Cyprus is Zavian as well right?" the young woman asked with a smile feeling better after checking on Diria and Cyprus.

She nodded as they walked on down the road to a inn with a food area that the two could eat at. Jade smiles when they walk inside before looking around and finally seeing a small table in the back that was private and out of the way of any other patrons so that the two could talk in private with being interrupted or causing another scene like what had happened at the Rearing Stallion Tavern.

"What about that table back there out of the way?" Jade asked and pointed over to the table in the back of the table area of the inn.
Last edited by Jade Laken on January 13th, 2016, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 12th, 2016, 5:21 pm

"Yep, Cyprus is a Zavian as well. Diria is a name fit for a Zavian like that. How did you come up with naming her?" Ferrin had asked. The smell of the barn wrinkled about the young hunters' nose. The pungent smell of the remnants of the previous meal that the horses had eaten earlier filled the rest of the barn. It didn't bother Ferrin as much, since he was raised on a farm ranch himself on the outskirts of Kenash. Where most farmers were positioned. The only times when his parents had had actually traveled into the city itself was when, the family needed clothes and or more supplies of food and other items.

But, other then that. People who would want decent enough of a trade would visit the front door at Ferrins' family ranch home. His mother was a well rounded person when it had come to making the products that were to be sold. His father was the good negotiater. He had had almost always made a "perfect" trade/deal. Jade had had said her goodbye to Diria after she had had fed her. Just so, that Serena wouldn't have to do the extra of the work. Ferrin had had said his goodbye to his pal, Cyprus as well. And the pair had soon ventured out of the barn and back into the bustle of the busy city.

Ferrin led Jade to the White Swan Inn. Once compared the Inn turned out to be more so peaceful than the crowd of the people that had strolled the street of Syliras. Jade had pointed to an empty table near a dimmed corner. Lightly tinted lighting filled the corner, but still it was. Ferrin nodded, "Alright. We could sit over there."He said the words in a simple light tone. And he walked Jade towards the table. Soon after, a waitress appeared. She was like any other commoner of Syliras. And she had an abode that was strong in a physical manner. And a smile that had shown her positivity. She asked,"Well, what can I do for you two?" Ferrin smiled.

"Maybe two meals for the night. And a glass of wine for me please." Ferrin smiled to the waitress as he had spoke. The waitress smiled back, and said gently,"The meal is seven Gold Mizas for the dinner. And the wine would be One more Golden Miza. This would also come with a dessert as well. For free of charge. In which case, it usually is free with every meal. And for you my sweet?" The waitress asked politely as she turned to face Jade with a warm smile.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on January 13th, 2016, 12:44 am

Jade smiles back at the young waiter and replied, "one meal and a glass of wine as well." She said with a smile looking at the girl before returning her attention to Ferrin.

"I am not completely sure what possessed me to come up with Diria for hew name," she said with a smile trying to think about what had caused her to come up with the name.

"How did you come up with Cyprus's name?" Jade asked with a soft smile amazed at how content she was to just sit and speak with him.

She knew that the two did not have to speak as they proved on the walk that the two was content with just being near each other. A part of the young female wanted to see if the two could be more, but she did not wish to chase him from her. He had become her dearest friend by far.

"How long does it take to become a knight here in Syliras?" Jade asked curious about his choice of work.

She believed it to be an amazing but still scary job should war break out once more. The girl's mind drifted some when the food came as she wondered what it would be like to be a knight defending her home. Soon the girl shook her head banishing such thoughts from her mind as such a thing would not likely be allowed here in Syliras while back in Endrykas it was not uncommon to see the occasional woman to be apart of the Watch as the watch went on their different patrols.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 13th, 2016, 5:44 pm

Ferrin smiled to the waiter as he brought back the glasses of wine and the meals."If I remembered correctly. Possibly a few years of training. And I'm not sure of how many years it would take to become a Knight. I'm not a squire yet. I'm just currently training with another friend of mine. To become stronger, once I am a Squire. I would be as strong and tactical as the others." Ferrin smiled and soon had had taken a bite of his soup. There was also a loaf on the side for an appetizer in a way. With butter and a butter knife for to spread.

Before the young Kenashian had spoken, he finished his last spoonful with a drink of wine. "Well, Cyprus was already the name given to him. My father payed for him and the horse had a history of its fastest speeds. And Cyprus' speeds were on the list of fastest horses in Kenash. I nor my father do not know why the name Cyprus had had been given. Perhaps it was just some coincedence." Ferrin smiled as he went back to eating his bowl of soup which was joined by a piece of bread.

"If one would want to live in Endrykas. What would they have to do to be respected by the people who are Drykas born?" Ferrin asked curiously after he had had wiped his mouth off with a napkin. After a few chimes has had passed Ferrin managed to finish his bowl of stew with only one glass of wine. And with that accomplishment he was pleased to have had done so. The two had meant to have a short dinner any how. And the day, was soon near to an end.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on January 13th, 2016, 10:58 pm

"Most of the time as long as you do not break the seven cardinal laws most will see you and give you respect nearly right away," Jade said while finishing her food as well looking at the man across from her. Jade thought for a minute trying to think of what else to tell him.

"I personally think that the men unless from a family full of Watch members are given a little more room to grow without expectations, but this is speaking from personal experience with my own father. He has pushed me to bonding a strider, finding a good mate; which I am happy for but I think that had really put a strain on our relationship. But that is a conversation for another time," Jade said while shaking her head and looking back to Ferrin wanting to more than happily answer his questions about her homeland.

"Ask me anything, I am more than happy to answer anything you ask," Jade said with a smile and looked paying the girl and telling her thanks for clearing the table for them as they speak.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 14th, 2016, 3:39 pm

Jade had soon finished with her soup as well. The waiter had come to clean up the dishes and Ferrin said his thanks as well as Jade had done so. The waiter nodded and hurried off, to continue with his job. It was a nice day to end with a nice dinner. It was just enough for Ferrin. And hade had had humbly replied to Ferrins questions. Which he had had appreciated the answers. And she seemed content to answer anything about her culture. Ferrin would return the favor as well. But, there isn't much to explain about Kenash. Well, not much that Ferrin could explain.

Jade explained the Seven Cardinal Laws. And he was curious to learn more about them. He had a thing for learning new stuff as he had told his trainer. But, he also didn't mind the ways of another culture. With all of the things that he have learned today about Jade's culture of the Drykas people. He hadn't learn of much about Jade herself. Perhaps he could get her to open up more to him someday? Are all Endrykas people like this?

She had also stated that Ferrin could ask her of anything. The hard part might be is coming up with more questions that are better then all of the other ones. Ferrin hoped that it would be just as easy as wielding a sword."Alright. How about this... Maybe someday we can go out to hunt, would you like that... And I could give you a few tips and pointers?" Ferrin said warmly as the two entered the apartment complex.

OOCI hope that this was alright for an ending. You could assume that we were back at home before dark. And sleeping :)

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes