PM to join A Day Out! (Ferrin Al'Mandrikan) Part 2 of 2

Ferrin and Jade meet at the Stone Gardens and they ended up having a whole day planned. Let's see where it takes them?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Day Out! (Ferrin Al'Mandrikan) Part 2 of 2

Postby Jade Laken on January 8th, 2016, 4:49 am

Winter 22nd 515, A.V.

Jade looked to the right as she heard Ferrin talk about the dagger stand just across the way from the two young people. "Okay," the young woman said with a smile walking with him across to where the daggers are. The merchant looks at the young couple as the pair walked up from across the way. "What can I do to you two lovely young people?" The older man said with a kind smile looking at the young pair before him. "What kind of daggers do you have?" Jade asked with a smile looking at the man excited to buy herself a new dagger to replace the old worn out one she had lost in the scrap with the vulgar man from the tavern. The young woman was happy to get a new dagger that gave her new possibilities. "Well that depends on what you are looking for in a dagger," the merchant said with a smirk planning on charging the woman more than most of them should be worth normally. Jade looked at all the daggers trying to decide which would suit her purpose of self defense the best.
Last edited by Jade Laken on January 19th, 2016, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 8th, 2016, 2:18 pm

Well it was a weapon booth alright, but not too much weapons were laid on the counter. Ferrin took a look at the daggers that were neatly organized from types. Ferrin only knew a few of them. "What kind of daggers do you have in stock? " Ferrin asked with a warm smile. He had had blushed as the merchant assumed that they were a lovely couple. The two had just met... Could he possibly see that as their future? Or would it matter? Ferrin waited as the merchant gathered up his thoughts.

He pointed to the left of the booth which was Jade and Ferrins right. " You see here, these are the basic daggers. Worth two Golden Mizas. They are more commonly used as a second reference if you have had lost your primary Weapon. Being that, a sword ax, or a bow." He smiled warmly and pushed back his long jet black hair. He was roughly the same age as the other man back at that blanket booth.

Ferrin took a look at the other blades that were left on display. He had noticed a particular dagger that looked like it might be useful in battle against another sword or dagger. It had two sperate prongs sticking out of the hilt. The hilt was leather bound as well for decent comfort. Ferrin knelt down getting to eye level of the blade and he had grabbed the blade to look at it. He stood up and said, "What kind of dagger is this and what would it cost?" Ferrin had asked as he tested out the weight and size. He would probably have to purchase a new sheath for Jade if she had chosen to get a dagger like this.

"Aye, that would be a Sword-Catcher. It's great in duels. You can manage to catch your opponents blade and twist it or even possibly snap the blade off depending on the leverage that you have with the dagger, of course." Ferrin nodded as the merchant went on and on as he spoke about each and every dagger/blade. He wasn't particularly thinking of buying a dagger for himself. All of his weapons are in his apartment. The merchant had had finally stopped talking. And he took a drink if water from his waterskin.

People passed by being amused by all of the items out on display."So Jade, do you have a particular favorite so far? Or do you have one in mind?" Ferrin asked sweetly. And smiled. He hoped she wouldn't vote for the Flametounge that costs fourty Gold Mizas.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jade Laken on January 9th, 2016, 2:04 am

Jade looked at the man not surprised that the man assumed that the two were a couple. "I need something very simple nothing fancy," Jasmine said with a smile even if she thought the flametongue was beautiful there was no way she was going to pay 40 gm. A glimmer catches her eyes so she walks over and sees a couple of just simple daggers that would serve her purposes. The merchant walked over and took out the daggers and handed them to her. "This is perfect! How much?" Jade asked with a smile looking over to him. "For you beautiful 2 GM," the man said with a smile. Jade smirked and rolled her eyes, "in other words it's the same price as on a normal day?" She asked with a smile and took out 2 GM from her pouch handing it to the merchant before strapping the dagger on her side and looking to Ferrin. "Okay what are we looking to go do now?" Jade asked with a smile looking to the man that had help save her from the weird vulgar men at the tavern. She wanted to help Ferrin get what the two needed for their - at the moment - apartment until Jade ran out of money and could no longer pay her way to stay in the apartment with him.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 9th, 2016, 3:52 am

Ferrin knew that the merchant behind the counter was definitely a work of art. He didn't appreciate the fact of how sweet-like he was talking to Jade. And Ferrin was appreciative that Jade had had chosen the original daggers. And the merchant was quite 'generous' enough to decrease the price of the two daggers that Jade had wanted. From four, to two Golden Mizas. Jade had payed for both of them out of her own pocket. So Ferrin didn't need to worry about that. "Thank you sir. We'll be off now."Ferrin said to the merchant. The merchant nodded and smiled to the lady and not to Ferrin. Taking a nice brief gaze towards her. Eyeing her up and down. "Shes a real keeper. You best keep watch of her." The merchant smirked a smile. "Ah, I'm just kidding you. Go have fun!"The merchant said with a smile.

Ferrin nodded simply and faced Jade. "Well, what do you wan't to do? I've got things that could last us quite a bit. Or, I could show you my apartment. Might not be much, since I had just recently got it."Ferrin had hoped that his set up of the apartment room isn't as bad as a burnt meal. Otherwise, he can help Jade rent a room at one of the Inns if she would be willing to take up the offer. The rooms aren't to expensive. That is for certain. But the prices are fair enough to be sustained for awhile.

"So, do you have anything in mind?"Ferrin asked warmly with a smile.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on January 9th, 2016, 8:28 pm

"Don't look at me. I haven't been in town for very long," Jade said with a shrug not sure where the pair would go. "I suppose the best place to go right now would most likely be your apartment to drop off these blankets," Jade said with a smile looking at the young man beside her. The young girl followed the man beside her back to his apartment. She waved to the person at the front desk as the two went by, "nice little entrance." Jade said with a smile looking around as they walked in and up the stairs. Several others who lived in the adjacent apartments were out and about getting things they needed brought into their homes. She looked around at the simplistic beauty of the apartment building. Running into the back of Ferrin was not her intentions while she had distracted herself looking around the building before her. Once the door was opened Jade walked into the apartment with the man and looked around, "simple yet beautiful." Jade said looking at the decor as she walked inside so that he would be able to close the door without her in the way. "Where would you like me to put these?" Jade asked with a smile looking at him once more.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 10th, 2016, 4:25 am

Ferrin was surprised, that have was only here in Syiliras for a short time. Ferrin had figured that she was here a bit longer. Well, wrong assumption has had been made. So Jade suggested to go down to the apartments. Time passed, and after that afternoon meal;maybe a few Bells have had passed. Making it nearly dinner. "Ok, just follow me and I'll guide you towards the apartments." Ferrin said simply. The pair had passed many people traveling out of the Bazaar carrying things from clothes-weapons.

After the two had had exited out of the indoor Bazaar. They were greeted by Synas light. Bright and warm. But tinted with an orange, red glow. How long had it been since they were in the Bazaar? Ferrin thought. The commoners of Syliras kept busy going to places that they needed to head to. And Ferrin kept checking back to see if Jade was still following. Just to make sure that she hadn't gotten lost. A few twists and turns on the streets managed to get the two to reach the Traveler's Row.

Jade pushed open the front door to the apartments. And was instantly greeted by Matilda Owens. The Konti owner of these apartments."Hello Ferrin, glad to see you again." The Konti said gently. She nodded to Jade and the two quickly hurried up the stairs after Ferrin had nodded and said his hello to Matilda. It had only took a few ticks to reach Ferrins' double room apartment. Ferrin had stopped at his door and unlocked it as well as opening the door itself by a twist and push of the knob.

As Ferrin opened the door Jade had had accidentally bumped into him. Amused to the other inhabitants of the building. She apologized and Ferrin said, "It is alright, Jade. Well, welcome to my room." Ferrin said with a slight smile. It wasn't much. Less decorations than furniture filled the room. He still hadn't painted the rooms yet. The front room here was the living/dining room. A table and a few simple chairs. A stove burner and a tea kettle was also in the kitchen area. And an icebox as well. To keep the stuff His Short broadsword was layed against the wall neared the table with it sheathed in its sheath. Ferrins longbow was in its case. In the bedroom. Where his bed and a wardrobe were placed. If one were to walk into the bedroom of course.

"You could put the bags in the bedroom back there. By the bed if you want. And if you want to you could make yourself comfortable. If you could." Ferrin said warmly."Well, just for a short while. It's almost supper, we can rest for a while so we could go out. At the moment I do not have any food in the apartment. We do not have to go to the Rearing Stallion again. There are some other Inns though. One in which where I had stayed at for awhile until I had moved here."Ferrin took his bags and set them in his bedroom. Next to the bed. The bed was nicely made, well Ferrin had done it, Since he's the only one obviously who had stayed in this room. He hadn't expected to have company, especially if the company would be staying for awhile. And he was unsure of how that would go.

"We could sit in the kitchen and talk for a bit? If you would like, Jade?"Ferrin said with another smile. He didn't mind the company though. He was just...Unprepared for this event. That was all. He had offered the bed to Jade, while Ferrin used a few blankets to be comfy on the floor, hoping that it would be fine. It is only temporary, at least. Otherwise, Ferrin would be better off purchasing another bed for the apartment. The young hunter walked out of the room to go and sit for a bell or so. Hoping to refresh his energy before they set out for another walk through the streets of Syliras. And hopefully, not make any more plans beside the dinner meal.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on January 10th, 2016, 5:17 am

"Okay also I will take the floor till we can work out living arrangements. I am used to sleeping on the ground in the plains so it won't bother me at all," Jade said with a smile knowing he had probably not slept on the ground too much at his home in Kenash or even here in Syliras. Jade walked with him to the bedroom and put the other bag down before walking over to the kitchen to see what it holds amazed by most of the equipment since she never saw such things in Endrykas due to them having to move every season. Jade looked back to him when he spoke of not having any food in the kitchen and smiled, "that's fine I dont know how to do much cooking. Mainly a stew or eggs but nothing special." She said while walking back to the other end of the apartment looking around at the rest of the apartment not bothered by all the walking and running from earlier as such exertion was common in Endrykas seeing as how much work was to be done on a regular basis just to survive. "Do you plan to ever return to your home?" Jade asked while walking back into the living room wanting to get to know him better. She wanted to understand his world better so he didn't feel nearly as weird about having a girl he just met on the street in his home not knowing if she would try to injure him or not.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 10th, 2016, 5:30 pm

"You sure that you want the floor? It won't be a problem for me?" Ferrin said. He stretched out his arms as he sat at one of the kitchen chairs. Ferrin didn't know what to do. He didn't have much things planned for guests to come over. He wasn't as organized as his mother was when the unsuspected had happened. Ferrin wished he could go back to Kenash, but he didn't want to be caught in the middle of the chaos. And he wasn't sure of how long his parents are going to serve the magistratical court for.

"I'll go back once I hear how things went down at Kenash. I just... Don't want to be involved with politics. I'm sure that my parents aren't much of politicians either. So I don't even know why they would want to volunteer." Ferrin said scarcely. His head drooped a bit as he had thought of home. He did miss his family. But, it seemed right to Ferrin for him to leave his homeland. It was slightly better to leave Cyphrus though. One reason being, the Ziths.

Ferrin didn't fancy the Ziths. They tend to get slightly vicious in Cyphrus. But, that's just Ferrins opinion. He was sure that he had heard of a Zith being in Syliras. As a Knight. Which made Ferrin shuddered at the thought of Ziths. He knew how terrifying they could really be. He pushed the thought aside like he would with a glass of wine. "So, how long would it take for you to head back to Endrykas with all of these goals set up for your needs? " Ferrin asked kindly. He kept a warm gaze towards Jade to signify that he would listen to her. He really did want to explore all he could about Jade. Maybe the two would get along better after they have had known each other more. To ask won't hurt would it?

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on January 10th, 2016, 10:57 pm

"Probably at least a year if not longer," Jade said while sitting across from him with a smile more than willing to explain anything of the drykas culture he has questions about. "I am looking for some place to work but I have not heard back from the workers aid yet," Jade said looking at him gently with a sigh worried about what she will do without any work. The young blond Drykas could not help the fear that was slowly rising up in her mind. She shook her head in an attempt to ignore the fear and listen as the young man across from her continued to explain about Kenash. "I have a lot of pressure from the Drykas community as well much less being in any kind of politics to back it up," Jade said with a shiver not wanting to know how long ago her father would have forced her away if they had been in a political power as well. She looked back to the man across from her and found herself snickering some finally allowing herself to remember everyone thinking the pair was a couple. The young Drykas thought about her companion that had gotten her to Syliras, "crap. I need to go by the stables later and get my horse fed and taken care of before turning in for the night." She said with a sigh rubbing her face gently.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 11th, 2016, 1:45 am

Ferrin sighed as he had almost forgotten of his horse companion. He promised Cyprus that he would check up on him every now and then."Well, I could tag along. I have my horse up at the Windmount Stables as well. I promised my stallion that I'll check up with him every so often. As long as you don't mind the company. I would also need to pay the seasonal expenses for the food and such as well." Ferrin didn't know how much he could keep spending for this season. It's not like he is rich or anything.

"And then perhaps after we tend our horses. We could have dinner at one of the other inns here. And then head back here to catch up on some rest?" Ferrin said. "So, why is it important for an Drykas to have these goals?" Ferrin asked. He understood that Jade had been having a bit of pressure with Endrykas as well. Ferrin had hoped that the Endrykas government is as complicating as Syiliras. But, it won't be too much of a hassle if be has ever wanted to visit/stay at the traveling city.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes