[Squire Dorms] Messages on the Wings of an Eagle [Faradae]

Faradae and Ball meet

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ball on January 27th, 2016, 2:17 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

39th of Winter 515

Ball was stopped in the middle of training with a fellow squire because of the need to be at the knight's office at of the dorms due to a delivery for him. Ball never got deliveries and apparently this one was specifically addressed to him. And the courier was waiting for him. Ball frowned and turned from the other squire, who appeared to be scared and in need of a clean set of trousers and undergarments. Judging from the shaking the poor child was evidently doing Ball was not going easy on him.

Following the knight down Ball remained silent, there was no question in his nexus that could be asked as to why he was receiving something. So, he came alert, prepared to handle himself in a need of trouble. After all, he was a trained warrior. Arriving at the office with the other knight he peered in and saw what appeared to be the feet of another knight clad in the metal boots of his armour. Keeping guard and track of the courier no less. Ball nodded and stepped into the room. Money was not something he had planned to grab ahead of time, he knew it was customary to pay the courier upon delivery, but their price was not yet known and he was not yet prepared to bring down a huge amount of money. Maybe I will go up and bring a page or two to assist. I rather not try to carry their required fees all on my lonesome. Probably be more than I do.

“I was summoned for something… A delivery? Who would be sending something my way? I have no expected deliveries.” Ball's voice rumbled as he turned to shut the door behind him. Once the door clicked shut he turned back around, waiting for the knight to remove themselves from his line of sight.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Faradae on February 6th, 2016, 10:10 pm

Faradae
Faradae strode further into the ancient walls of Stormhold Castle, towards the office at the squire dorm’s. Lady Vivienne had helped her gain entrance, and only with the young squire’s help had she managed to find her way into the centre of the quarter. She’d left the young woman behind a few hallways ago, where Vivienne had left to run her own errands, or get back to training. Faradae had not let her go before hearing a precise description of how to find her later, in order to repay her debts for the clothes she’d bought on Vivienne’s cost.

She entered the office through an inornate wooden door, framed by massive, smothering stone. The office itself was simple, containing nothing but a dark desk and stool behind which the massive figure of a knight loomed, looking slightly misplaced in his plated armour with the order’s insignia. He looked up upon her sudden intrusion, his brow furrowed in confusion. Not good.
Another two guards stood watch at the door, irritably at the inside of the door, not outside at the entrance. They, too, raised their heads to check the unexpected guest over. Faradae straightened up and tried to look confident, as if she’d been here a thousand times ago and knew exactly what she was doing. “Hi,” she said in a half-convincing fashion. “My name’s Faradae, and I’m here as a courier. I bring a message for a squire named Ball, and they said I should come here.”

The man behind the desk did not bother to get up. He merely waved her over, his face fell back to its normal position of bored indifference as he lost interest and he quickly muttered a few words at one of the knights at the door, who proceeded to leave the room, presumably to fetch Ball.
“Wait here,” he gruffly told Faradae and gestured his arm around the room, realizing there was no chair but his own for her to sit on. His hand ceased moving and he dropped back to his seat.

A couple chimes passed before anything happened, then Faradae heard footsteps. The door reopened, and the guard returned, quickly followed by a small, curious being. Faradae had been told that Ball was a clay man, but this was the first time she saw what Imass had meant.

The squire was actually made of clay. Of actual clay. She could not stop her yaw from dropping a few millimetres before she regained her senses and immediately tried not to stare. Ball was a small fellow, with a body of earth-shade. A single, large eye sat in the middle of his forehead, currently fixated on her.
“Uh...hi,” she managed, hardly eloquent. “You must be…Ball.” She forced herself to focus. “I’m Faradae. Courier. Came straight from Nyka with a delivery for you.” She hardly left time for Ball to react, she could already feel something was wrong, so she stumbled on. “He said you’d know what to do when I mention his name…”
Last edited by Faradae on July 9th, 2017, 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Words: 140559
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ball on January 29th, 2017, 1:36 pm

Ball just looked at the courier, “You would've taken rest at the Rearing Stallion or something before coming here. No message is ever too urgent for a member of the Order unless you are meeting with the Lord Knight or the Grandmaster. I am neither.” The little man motioned for the courier to spill the message writer, or whatever she was tasked to do. Ball has training to do, other squires to make cry.

“He said I would know what to do? Who is this... He?” Ball narrowed his eye, there was no one in his memories that he could foresee sending a message to him. Ball had never received a package, letter, message, nothing in all his life. Then again, he has never left the castle or the area around the city and it's Outpost since returning from the Isle of the Undead Wizards. The clay man's eye twitched a little as he tried to drag up names. Ser Pycon? Who else could... He be? No one in my life has left so suddenly... Ball blinked in though, the squire had felt it most likely was not his current Patron, the man barely cared for Ball to begin with.

Why would he want to send message via courier from... Where did she say? Nyka/ Ball highly doubt that but he rose a hand and motioned for her to hand over the note or speak the message.

OOCI apologize for my last avatar it was heavily misleading. Ball is all brown colored clay. The pink half at the time was to show his inner anger beast. Like his version of Dr Jykell and Mr Hyde or the Hulk lol.

Also, blegh short, sorry.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Faradae on January 29th, 2017, 3:43 pm

Faradae
Faradae felt slightly taken aback by the harshness with which she was greeted. She was not surprised that the knights who had received her at the office were unfriendly, but had expected to be welcomed somewhat more…cheerfully by the squire her message was addressed towards. No matter, she was here to complete a job, which was to deliver a letter, pick up payment, and a little later, the reply. She could not give much outside information; the letter would probably explain itself better than she ever could.

She pulled it out of one of her new shirt’s pockets. The journey had taken its toll on it and given it a slightly worn look, but it had not suffered enough damage to render it illegible. “He introduced himself to me as Imass,” she explained as she handed it over, “recognizable man, large, blue skin. Told me to give this to you and wait for you to write a reply before I return. I think it’s best if you just read what he gave me for you, I’m sure it will help you make sense of why I’m here today.”

She retreated by two steps to give him a little bit of room. She did not know what revelations Imass had made in his letter, but she felt that she did not wish to be in Ball’s way should he react less than benevolently. Fara hoped Imass had mentioned the 40 mizas she was to ask of Ball somewhere in his note. She was not too keen on trying to convince a grumpy squire, small as he might be, to pay her a remarkable amount of money with no proof to support her claim.

Last edited by Faradae on July 9th, 2017, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ball on April 29th, 2017, 12:31 am

OOCSorry short post. I will do one more and I think we can finish this thread up?

Ball stared at the note and the courier. She uttered a single word that left the man's description to the wayside. Imass. It was almost instantaneous that Ball was transported back to the Hai of the high seas, stormy and choppy. Dark and ominous... Then the Lagool, the large massive squid monster that protected the Isle of the Undead. His knight was thrown overboard. Killed at that island. His eye though traced over the words quickly, taking in bits of them but not their meaning. This felt like a dream, a terrible nightmare. “That man he dead.” Ball pushed the note back at Faradae and frowned, “I do not read the words that come from the dead. Ser Imass has passed on during the year of my birth. He has since been dead to me.”

Ball turned his gaze at the girl's face, “You can burn that letter. Or keep it. I shall not have anything to do with it. I do owe you for your troubles. How much for your efforts?” Ball pointed at the note with a scowl on his face. This girl was not part of the issue, she was doing her job – a job that Ball was going to pay her for. He ran his hands over his being as he waited on her price. “If you do not speak I will assume it was free and will pay you but a tip of 1 gold.” It seemed harsh, but this was a subject Ball wanted to end quickly.

Credit :

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Faradae on April 30th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Faradae
Faradae’s eyes widened in surprise as the squire returned the note without reading a single word of what Imass had written. In her head, she went through the many things she could reply now:

But he was there – we spoke, he was definitely not dead.

I can see that this evokes bad memories, but maybe it was not his fault. He struck me as the victim of great misfortune.

You cannot be serious. I came all this way, and for what? So you could act like an ignorant child, denying facts that it doesn’t like?

Something held her back from retorting. There were different reactions to disappointment, and to pain. The most common one was tears and unhappiness, but over time, these feelings could turn to ire. She did not know what had happened between Imass and Ball before their ways parted, or what had befallen either of them thereafter. The akalak had spoken of imprisonment, but beyond that, she knew next to nothing.

She closed the mouth that had already been opened to express her dismay, then received the letter wordlessly, now a little crumbled from the hands it had gone through. She would not read it; it was none of her business. She would not burn it either; carrying out other people’s feuds or deeds of defiance was not part of her job. She would likely leave it here, or dump it on someone’s midden. If some secret was written in it, that was Ball’s problem. He could have taken it, after all.

She felt bad about asking for 40 mizas, now, with essentially only half a job carried out and some unspoken darkness lingering above the conversation. Perhaps, she thought, she could reduce the price by half, just charging for the trip?

Then Ball spoke again, obviously hoping to get rid of her quickly. One miza for her efforts? The idea alone felt insolent, like a belittlement of the stresses and strains she had gone through to make the delivery, and the ones she was yet to endure on her way back. On top of that, she had the uncomfortable task of telling Imass that his former squire wanted nothing to do with him, and rather assumed him to be dead than rekindle any sort of contact.

Half out of spite, and half because that was what she had discussed with Imass, she gave him the price the blue man had originally told her: “40 mizas, actually. Even if there’s nothing you want to write back, I still have to make the trip. It’s no difference to me. If you don’t believe that he’s sent me, the letter is right here”, she waved it around, “for you to read.”
Last edited by Faradae on July 9th, 2017, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ball on May 5th, 2017, 12:34 pm

Ball nodded when Faradae spoke her amount. “Fair enough. Just give me a bit of time, I need to run to my room and fetch a page to help me. I am unable to carry that amount of money on my person and unfortunately even with me you are unable to enter the dormitories.” As Ball side stepped around the courier’s leg to slip between them and out the door behind her Ball had a rush of memories and thoughts. She does not deserve my torment. She did as she was requested. If he really does live and has returned to the mainland why send a courier and not just come himself? He is a knight for petch’s sake. I should take the letter from her. Keep it and pay her heavily.

Climbing the stairs to the dorms was a pain in his clay ass, but it was quick enough and at the landing he found exactly what he was looking for – a page. “You page. With me.” With a startled look and a nod the page followed the clay squire and they entered his room. There at the foot of his bed was a trunk filled with Ball’s life savings – five thousand mizas … And no reason to have them all. and change- strewn through them poked the evidence of weapons that Ball owned. Motioning for the page to step close to the trunk Ball hopped into his ‘swimming pool’ of coins and counted out four piles of ten gold mizas as he pushed each pile towards the page it was clear the task to be done. Once all four piles were gathered by the page and held securely Ball pulled out another three mizas and hopped from his trunk.

It was a pretty quiet return other than the clinking of coins and when they returned Ball motioned for the page to hand over the mizas to Faradae.

“I want to apologize for my actions. They were not fair to you. As a token of my apology I would like to offer you these mizas and I will indeed take the letter you journeyed here to bring me.” Ball held out the three extra mizas in his hand.

Receipt-43GM for Faradae’s fees + tip.

Credit :

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Faradae on May 5th, 2017, 5:43 pm

Faradae
The squire did not object to her amount she had told him, and it almost surprised her. To Faradae, 40 golden-rimmed mizas were half a fortune. Depending on where she chose to live, this kind of money could by her food for an entire season! She had been half-ready to barter with the pycon, but now she would not need to. Had their positions been reversed, she would not have granted a large amount of money to a dubious stranger who claimed to know an old acquaintance. Perhaps she would have laughed, or remarked she never asked for a latter and would not pay for one, either. But maybe Ball was simply much richer than she was, and 40 mizas were a petty sum to him. She remembered to keep a straight face and sported a pleasant smile when Ball told her he would be back in a moment.

When he returned, the clay man hit an apologetic tone, and looked almost happy to send her on her way with the promised money and even a little more. She took the money from the page Ball had brought along as a personal drudge, thanked him, and dropped them into her coin pouch with a comforting tinkle. It instantly felt a little heavier. In return, she handed him the letter. As soon as it left her possession, a burden lifted from her heart. At least the man’s words would not go to waste, now, and the first chapter of her journey would come to a positive end.

“If you’d like to read it in peace and write a reply, I can come back later,” she offered to Ball. “It won’t cost you extra.” She would make the journey back in any case, and he had turned out to be kinder than he originally seemed. “I’ll be in the city for a few more days before I return to Nyka.”

She would listen to his reply and say her goodbyes, at least for the time being. It was clear that Ball was busy with other things and she did not feel like straining his patience too much. As she took the turns that she hoped would lead her back to daylight, she grinned. Pykons. What an interesting kind.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook