Open [Rearing Stallion]A Breakdown, Could be a Showdown

Ferrin stumbles into a bar fight, unexpectedly

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion]A Breakdown, Could be a Showdown

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 2nd, 2016, 1:55 am

"Speech" -- Winter515 60th of 92 -- Thoughts

Hunting. Can be a drag. Can be fun. But, its dangerous. Restless, and risky. Especially when your out alone. Those days, when one would want to go clear his/her mind. Lets say that hunting wouldn't be quite the best thing to do, to clear ones mind. In fact, more insanity would flow through ones mind. The forest here in Syliras, could possibly play tricks. Or, it could be exhaustion. The possibilities roamed throughout the Kenashians mind as he strolled down the streets, while his feet merely dragged across the stone pathway that led towards the known landmark of the Rearing Stallion.

A familiar place known to Ferrin. And many other commoners who lived within the Fortress City of Peace. Within a few ticks the man discovered the entrance to the busy tavern. Loud chats and conversations could be heard from within. And once one would open the door, they would greeted firstly, by the noise of the other commoners and visitors. Chatting of random subjects and topics. Ideas, that could seem ridiculous.

The tavern door creaked open, but was muted to the rest of the tavern by its exterior noise. The creaking and moaning could only be heard by those who are near an inch close to the wooden object. Ferrin stepped through the opening. He was greeted, by not only the noise of the commoners and residents. But, by a wave by the bartender. Whom was surprised to have seen Ferrin here at the tavern. Ferrin waved with a slight smile, thoughts of hunting still lingered through his mind. To the left of the building, was what seemed like a fight that would break out. "You fool. That draw was nothing but, unjust."The group at the rounded table seemed to be playing some sort of card game.

Ferrin didn't get a close look to know of what game the group was playing. From the looks of it, it seemed like a few were possibly squires or knights. And the rest were simple civilians. Or perhaps, common civilian(s)? It didn't matter, thought the knight/squire was in an outrage. On the opposite side where the hearth blazed a warm fire. Rested a raised dais. Where performers and dancers could express their artistic capabilities.Their were a few dancers out and about, but only a couple whom decided to actually perform while their were instrumentalists playing their own tunes.

Ferrin gladly, took his seat behind the counter. And lightly placed 2 golden mizas and a silver miza down upon the freshly cleaned countertop. A loud thump nearly startled Ferrin as another group of men were playing darts. The dart seemed to have struck the bulls eye. And half the men there expressed their excitement with a couple of yells and cheers. The bartender came over to Ferrin and generously grabbed the Mizas with his sausage like hands. The middle aged man took a look at Ferrin and smiled. "Aye, Ferrin the Usual. Well, we have a nice Grilled Chicken Soup. And the original glass of wine I presume?"

Ferrin nodded. He spoke, but slowly. As he tried to configure what and which words to say. "Yes, yes. That will do. Sorry, just... Tired. Hunting. It can take the energy out of you, you know."The bartender nodded as he put the mizas into his already jingling pocket of coins. The man smiled and pondered for almost a few ticks as he thought of what to say in response. "Been staying away from those wolves have ya? They can be quite dangerous. Especially during this season. And its this year, they're more vicious then the others. So it seems. I'll fetch you that glass of wine of yours. Be right back my friend."

"Ah! Shyke. C'mon mate. That was unfair. Your fooling those cards of yours mate. Gimme back my money. I'm done tailoring around with your little tricks that you have rolled up your sleeve."The dealer was merely amused by the acts of the squire."Its not cheats. And it certainly isn't no barter. Who do you take me as?"The card dealer exclaimed. Another man spoke up, and as he did. Ferrin turned his head to face the group and slowly gaze at the men. "Well, if this is no trick of yours. Then it certainly is cheating!"Now, the mans voice was raised and Ferrin was a bit cautious of the men.

It didn't take long till the bartender had arrived with, not only the cup of wine. But, as well as the bowl of soup."Tell me, if you need anything else. Alright, friend."Ferrin quickly, but lightly grasped the mans shirt before he could step away with the Kenashians head turned to face the aged man. "Whats wrong with those men? Over there?"Ferrin asked as he slowly released the grip of the hold. "Oh, those try not to worry about them. Fights almost happen every night. But, there are Knights and other Squires here who would gladly let out these troublesome men. Just try not to interfere or, you could get hurt by them. Just, be aware of them. And try to ignore them at the same time if you can."

The bartender nodded and simply walked back to converse with another customer. Who was asking for more ale. Ferrin did what the man said, ignoring the group to the left side of the building. And focused on his food and drink. Hopefully, all night wouldn't be like this? Right?

Credits go to Aislyn

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Coryn on February 2nd, 2016, 8:17 pm

Tending the bar was one of Coryn’s preferred aspects of her job. Not only did it conform to her official job title in a satisfactory manner, but it also meant that she was not required to patrol the floor of the tavern, bumping into drunken men and women and having their warped desires overwhelm her mind.

No, behind the bar she was protected, to a degree at least. Only the drunkest of patrons would try and clamber their way across to paw at her, and by that point she knew what they wanted without even needing her Ranuri gnosis.

It was evening, and as such it was her Ethaefel form which Coryn took. Her skin was almost marble-like in it’s dark opalescence, and twinned with the emerald horns that twisted out from her temples, she was quite the regal sight. Certainly her ethereal appearance did not seem at home behind a tavern bar, where the floor was sticky and the surfaces stained. But she seemed content enough there, particularly when she was not socializing with the patrons of the tavern. They were the messiest aspect of her work, and the part she disliked the most.

A particularly raucous collection of drinkers caught her attention, and Coryn gave the group a stern gaze, though none of them seemed to notice or care. The men were gambling, with cards and coins passing through hands alongside heaps of jealousy as well. The barmaid rolled her violet eyes – it all seemed so stressful with little reward in return. So one might walk away with an extra miza or two, but that very same man was equally likely to leave with a black eye and no friends.

A waving hand caught Coryn’s attention and she pulled her gaze from the gamblers to this new customer. He was an old man, kindly looking but when he smiled at her, his few good remaining teeth were blackened and crooked. Trying her best not to grimace, the Ethaefal set to business. “What’ll it be, sir?”
Coryn
has a hard time saying no.

Words: 80458
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2016, 10:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on January 28th, 2017, 11:50 pm

Coryn

Observation +1

If I have missed something please PM me. Please mark your grade request as graded.

Ferrin

Please address the red X and intervention on your character sheet. Then resubmit for grading. Thank you.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes