[The Rearing Stallion] Hunting Party [OPEN]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Klyphaestus on December 25th, 2010, 1:16 am

'Klyphaestus.' Klyphaestus replied and felt a small surge of relief. This Hrafn seemed to be normal, not some old mad man who liked to cut into people's talks without invitations. This man could be amusing. Klyphaestus smiled at the observation. He could see the man he knew winking at him over Johnathon's shoulder. Klyphaestus liked Johnathon, or at least found the young Inarta's presence comfortable. Probably because of the similarity in age, thought Klyphaestus. But he knew better. It was the hunter look of Johnathon that gave Klyphaestus the hearty assurance of safety. He just hoped that Hrafn would be something equal to Johnathon in this.

'I am Klyphaestus, usually a storyteller.' He inclined his head.
Last edited by Klyphaestus on December 26th, 2010, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klyphaestus
Commoner

Words: 20504
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 3:04 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jonathon DuFraine on December 25th, 2010, 3:24 am

Jonathon's eyes had been sweeping the room, looking for potential members to their party. Hrafn's offer had him engaged, though. "If you think you're up for it, Hrafn, you come along. I hope you know exactly what we are doing, here. Our hunt won't be a casual walk in the park... It will be dangerous." Jonathon's eyes flickered back to Klypaestus. "Same goes for you... but I have a bit more confidence in your abilities. No offence, Hrafn."

"My name, by the way, is Jonathon DuFraine. I hunt for a living, and since I'm the only one in this group that does, that makes me hunt leader." Although, he never really had been on a hunt... But Jonathon was confident he had the abilities to go through with this mission.

"We'll meet at the northern gate, dawn tomorow. We'll be hunting in the Cobalt Mountains, make sure to bring thick clothing. And light armor, if you have any. It's possible we'll stay there for two days, sleeping there overnight, so pack appropriatly. Besides all that, try to pack light. Any questions?"
Jonathon DuFraine
Vigilant Hunter

Words: 71575
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 7:35 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Hrafn Alaric on December 25th, 2010, 6:31 am

As Hrafn prepared to depart, he stood up, standing impressively high. He glanced at the both men and grunted. -"Klyphaestus. Boy, that's a mouthful! Although, t'is a fine name indeed. Sticks in your mind straightaway lad. And Jonathon, you seem to be a capable hunter, you should know Syliras and it's outskirts well, including the mountains, correct? I was wondering if we would be sleeping in tents or caves?" Hrafn asked casually as he raised his scarf and pulled up his cloak. After Jonathon finished Hrafn nodded abruptly and turned. He walked through the crowded tavern yet again, though most people were slower now, the alcohol reaching their system. He stopped once before he pushed open the door and flipped a silver miza to Seth. -"Keep it, shortie." he said as he winked the boy. Hrafn left the inn, hoping to get some rest before the hunt.
Hrafn Alaric
Whimsical Blacksmith

Words: 16370
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2010, 10:22 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Klyphaestus on December 25th, 2010, 8:51 am

Klyphaestus watched Hrafn walked out of the tavern with incredible confidence. It was as if this man held pure certainty to himself and whatever he did. That was something Klyphaestus had never managed to have. Though he seemed playful and carefree, living days as if his youth were infinite, deep inside he always felt this fear and uncertainty towards life that made him often stop his labour to looked at people around him with thoughtful wonder. Those people, common and powerless against the great river of history, somehow had a certain kind of dignity in trying to pursue a better life. Klyphaestus wondered if he would one day be great.

He bid Johathon farewell and left the tavern with the weight of thoughts on his mind. The air outside was fresher, getting rid off the stench of people's alchohole-stained breath. The cold cleared Klyphaestus' head a bit.

The twilight caught his eyes and he stood to marvel it for a while. Then Klyphaestus tugged his cloak and slowly walked down the street. He had best get prepared for tomorrow. Tomorrow.

A whole new start.
Klyphaestus
Commoner

Words: 20504
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 3:04 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jonathon DuFraine on December 25th, 2010, 10:04 am

Jonathon nodded, satisfied there was only one question. "Hopefully, we'll get a cave... but who knows what could be in those... especially at this time of year. Like I said, it all depends on what happens on the hunt." Jonathon got ready to go as well. Hrafn was surprisingly confident for a man apparently a bit out of his youth; Klyphaestus looked a bit less ready than that.

Last chance to cancel, Jonathon thought. Last chance to do something sane. Jonathon cracked the first real smile since the beginning of the meeting. "Goodbye, both of you. Be ready to hunt tommorow!" Jonathon was last out the door, into the cold.

Hopefully we don't get eaten tommorow... He was surprisingly confident in his group, but he was more confident in the dangers of the Cobalt Mountains. Not to mention my own excitment... Excitment... or fear?

[ooc]Okay, that wraps it up. I'll send you guys a PM about the hunting trip itself when I post it.[/ooc]
Last edited by Jonathon DuFraine on December 26th, 2010, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathon DuFraine
Vigilant Hunter

Words: 71575
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 7:35 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Hrafn Alaric on December 25th, 2010, 6:42 pm

[OOC]Right, now to get some supplies. Also, closed and put up for examination.[/OOC]
Hrafn Alaric
Whimsical Blacksmith

Words: 16370
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2010, 10:22 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on January 1st, 2011, 12:56 am

Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous