Arrows and Game (Jade)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 13th, 2016, 2:07 am

TIMESTAMP:

|| "Common" || Thoughts||"Pavi"||"Tukant"||"Other's Speaking"||

The walk back towards the Main Gates was a bit of a travel. And Ferrin merely gripped the reins with a tight soft grasp as he sat on Cyprus. Still having the feeling that horse riding endured some sort of hardship for him. He hasn't had ridden a horse since he was a kid, and riding Cyprus now, was almost a nightmare. The Kenashian felt l figured that he'll possibly have some sort of a hard time riding the grey zavian.

Tips. Right. Those memorable tips that one needs to know. If course now, is the time that he'll be having a blank in thoughts. It's good to not have many fingers on the string; preferably two at most. But, if one is ever so lucky with shooting, three. Though Ferrin never went to a certain extent such as three fingers. Always keep a straight aim was moderate, and one will need to keep the bow no matter short or long, one would have to keep it at a slightly higher position then straight forward. It would eventually get to be a further shot them just a few yards up. And muscles, it's always good to have arm muscles.

"Well, certainly. There are tons of beginner tips. Most of which I'm still getting around myself, but I'm not bad of a learner." Ferrin said with a warm smile. The Kenashian smiled and nodded his head awkwardly to one of the guards on duty. As he was still of course riding upon Cyprus. The horse knickered as it left the safety of the city and almost sprouted into a sprint, but slowed as Ferrin pulled on the reins, not to tight though."Woah there boy. Calm those nerves why don't you." Ferrin said soothingly with a few rubs on the mares neck. Ferrin tapped his heels lightly on the sides if Cyprus to get him back in motion. And the horse obliged with a whine.

"It'll get easier though, well in most cases. I have a few tips gathered mentally. But, if we ever come across more I'll let you know as soon as I can. First off, use two fingers to hold the back of the arrow, it keeps it in place resting against the wooden frame. Also, aim a bit higher up when there is a target a bit far away. Oh... And just to keep a mental check of your muscles, I mean your arm muscles because the weight of the string can very from low to high depending on the bow." The two headed on to the Kabrin Road. In search of their usual camp spot.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Jade Laken on March 14th, 2016, 5:09 am

J A D E L A K E N

Timestamp:

Jade smiled as the pair rode for the gates. She looked at the Kabrin Road as her smile softened thinking of her old home. Shaking her head the woman knew better than to think of such things. She would not be welcomed back into her pavilion even if she did return. Jade pulled an arrow from her quiver that was attached to her hip. It was easier for the woman to wear the bow on her back and have her quiver on her hip instead. Jade notched the arrow and held end with two of her fingers. She pulled the bow string back some testing the tenseness of the pulled string. It was slightly difficult, but nothing that the young woman couldn't learn to draw back with enough practice. Slowly the woman allowed the string to return to its resting position so that she did not accidentally shoot the arrow.

"Okay," Jade said looking over to the man as he instructed her.

"Now relax your stance. You seem really stiff which will make Cyphrus stiff as well when he walks. The more nervous you are the more nervous your mount will be especially if you get accepted as a knight and have to wear heavy armor. Take Cyphrus out as much as possible and ride him so that you are never out of practice," Jade said as she lightly moved back and forth on Diria's back.

Diria snorted seeing the open plains. She trotted forward faster than Cyphrus was walking. Jade laughed and patted her neck gently knowing that she wanted to run.

"You think that Cyphrus can run faster than Diria?" Jade asked looking over to Ferrin with a glimmer of challenge in her eyes.

She wanted to get a true feel of her partners horse and his ability all at once. So why not make it fun for the horses as well that way the pair could truly stretch their legs.

Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 15th, 2016, 1:34 am

It had seemed that Jade had understood Ferrins tips. After all, he had learned them from his father, and the two had sometimes used a lot of their days to hunt at the swamps in Kenash, or even so the Sea of Grass.

Relax his stance? Now? While he was riding. The Kenashian whom soon to become a Squire was a bit to timid to "loosen," up. How would he when he has a a small fear of riding horses. The man does not know his reason to why of the phobia, but one shouldn't even call it a phobia. Perhaps it was some sort of mishap that Ferrin had stumbled upon.

"Ok-Okay..."Ferrin replied a bit hoarsely as the white on his knuckles began to return back to its usual hue in color. He still held on the reins and Ferrins heels that dug into the sides had slowly loosened their grip by the simple thought of "letting go." Cyprus knickered and whinnied as he shook his head, his black strawlike hair swiveled soothingly.

The speed of Cyprus? Well, he certainly can be one of the fastest in Kenash. But, to test it against a full grown strider? From Endrykas. A full blooded mare that had been birthed from the depths of the Traveling City? It took a few ticks in consideration. Ferrin had wobbled a bit as he sat gingerly on the back of the darkened mane.

"I'm not so sure if he can manage to out rank a strider birthed from Endrykas... Though, I don't think it's a bad idea to stretch out his legs. What do you think boy?" Ferrin asked as he took one of his hands to stroke the straw hair. The horse knickered and whinnied in excitement and agreed."Well, Jade what do you think?"Asked Ferrin as he returned to his original position.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Jade Laken on March 24th, 2016, 4:43 am

J A D E L A K E N

Timestamp:

Jade smiles watching the man think about whether he was up for a race. Or rather if Cyphrus could keep up with Diria. The mare knew that there was something up by the way her rider was sitting. Clicking her tongue the young blond patted the mare's side to try and calm her movements. Diria snorted and watched the Zavian and other rider.

"Diria is up for it any day," Jade said with a bright smile.

Her heart raced at the thought of the mare galloping full speed to their chosen destination. Looking around Jade knew of only one place the mare would be able to get to without letting the stallion take the lead in order for her to know the way.

"How about we race to the tree line. If you aren't scared," Jade said with a bright and mischievous smile.

She knew he was more likely to agree if his pride was on the line. What man had ever been okay with losing to a woman? None that Jade knew of that was for sure. Diria snorted and moved some where the four were ready to move once more.

Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 27th, 2016, 10:55 pm

Would it hurt to have Cyprus rqce against Diria? After all it had been a long while since Ferrinanaged to get his horse out of the Stables. Ferrin gathered what he was about to say. And spoke, his words filled with a certain calmness, "I think that we could race. Alright to the tree line it is than. You ready boy?!"

Asked Ferrin as he patted the mares neck gingerly and tilted his head towards Jade with a smile across his face."On three?"Ferrin asked."Or on go?"Said the man as he grapsed the reins and looked back at the tree line that stood before the four. Ferrin, Jade, Diria, and Cyprus.

This was one of the few times that Ferrin had had ever ridden a Stallion. Though, he had ridden horses before when he was younger. He hadn't quite grasped the concept of how to maintain and control the horse as of yet. And it'll possibly be difficult. Of course it is easier said than done. Once the two would start Ferrin would take off for the tree line and have Cyprus at full speed. The Kenashian released the grip with his legs on the stallions sides and let them loose. "You can say when."Ferrin said warmly as he and Jade strolled there stallions along the Kabrin Road. Ferrin gazed intently at the tree line and awaited for the call.

OOCI'm sorry for the wait... Been trying to come up with a good reply.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Emergence on August 19th, 2016, 9:47 pm

"Your Grades... have Arrived!"

Ferrin
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Socialization 5
Negotiation 1
Riding 3
Teaching 1

Lores
Lore Earned
Drykas: Secretive People •
Riding: Nervous Rider - Nervous Horse •
Jade
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Cooking 1
Socialization 5
Weapon: Shortbow 1
Teaching 1
Lores
Lore Earned
Ferrin: Sleeptalks •
Shortbow: Two Fingers on the String
Shortbow: Far Target - Higher Aim
Additional Comments
Cute short little thread. I like that you two are already so close and have a lot to learn from each other! Jade I would say your posts are a little short, though I've looked at some of your recent threads and they are much better, so no need!

Ferrin, again I do not think you are a squire yet at this point and so I did not award any Shield Points. Let me know if I am wrong, though I dont think this thread would earn any Shield Points anyway.
Emergence
AS of Wind Reach

Words: 156715
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2016, 12:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous