Arrows and Game (Jade)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 1st, 2016, 9:58 pm

TIMESTAMP:91st of Winter515AV

|| "Common" || Thoughts||"Pavi"||"Tukant"||"Other's Speaking"||

Traveler's Row: Ferrin's Apartment:
The season was merely at an end. And the Kenashian could not wait for the spring. He wanted to gaze at all the wondrous flowers that grew within the world of Mizahar. See all the beauty there is to see of it. Explore more of Syliras whenever he would gain that opportunity to do so. He would take it. He can't wait for a fulfilled journey of training. Though, he wished it was not many seasons on end. It would probably be worth it. All of those seasons of training to become a Knight and a potential member of The Order to serve and protect Syliras when needed.

Being a Squire/Knight was truly an honor and Ferrin knew what it will take to sustain that occupational level. And of course maintain that level as well. Days and days, to seasons and seasons of training. Constant training, or at least a lot of training. So it seems. Or perhaps, enough training for the season and a few days here and there for spare time. Maybe, his Knight would be able to allow a fay days off for hunting and catching up with friends? Maybe.

The apartment that Ferrin and Jade stayed at was a simple single living space. Though the two managed to arrange a certain understanding. Though, Ferrin felt quite guilty of himself to not have Jade sleep within the bed. And he could sleep on the quilts. Though, she said she didn't mind it prior when the two had met. But, Ferrin had a feeling that she did not fancy the floor. Who would? Though, if she was a Drykas. She would have had lived in a tent right?

But, still. Maybe the two could alternate once and a while? So at least Ferrin could understand what it would be like to rest on a hard earthen ground nights and days on end. Jade would at least have the treasure of sleeping on a soft fluffy bed. "Morning Jade..."Ferrin said as he got up and out of bed. The two usually tend to wake up around the same time of day. But, unfortunately, for Ferrin; Jade had recently awakened before the man. She was already sipping a cup of tea before she realized Ferrin had woken up.

He got up and swathed himself in his cloak that he left to hang on one of the posts of the bed. Easy access. That was why he left it there. "How'd you sleep?"asked the man, as he poured himself a hot cup of water and dispersed a few herbs here and there. He took his cup gingerly and stepped towards one of the chairs near Jade, and sat down. The herbs already mixed in with the drink. Ferrin had been insisted with the liquid and took a mouthful of a drink from its contents. "I was thinking... Would you like to go out on another hunting trip? Just you and me today?"Ferrin took a sip and waited patiently as he set the cup down carefully up on the wooden table. With a smile of course. A feeling of satisfaction mixed with curiosity filled the man's emotional platform.
Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 9th, 2016, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Jade Laken on March 2nd, 2016, 3:04 am

J A D E L A K E N

Jade sat up stretching as she heard the soft breathing of Ferrin showing he was still asleep. Smiling gently the blond silently got up and walked into the kitchen getting what all she needed for a nice brew of tea. Jade took note of how much was left of the herbs knowing that she and Ferrin would need to stop by the market and pick up a few things later on. Jade reached down and took out the kettle putting water in it. Putting the kettle on the counter Jade got some wood and made a fire. Smiling gently while stacking the wood up right Jade walked silently in the room not wanting to wake him. Kneeling down Jade got the flint out of her pack and went back to the other room. Jade worked to get the strike to take to the little bit of paper she was using to help get everything started. After another tick or two the paper finally caught. Jade put the flint away and leaned down blowing on the spark gently as soon it had caught completely. Coughing gently and sitting back on her heels Jade got up and grabbed the water. The young woman put the kettle on the hook above the fire and went back into the kitchen. Most days the two would awaken at the same time, but Jade had awoken before the man she was rooming with.

"Good morning to you as well," Jade said with a smile to the man as she was sitting already sipping some of the tea.

"I slept very well thank you. There is a a cup and the tea is nice and hope," Jade said and nodded to the extra cup she had placed on the counter.

Jade took another sip waiting to see what he would do. She was surprised to hear him suggest them going hunting alone this round. Though she was excited to work with her new bow she got the other day while she waits on her next pay check from the stables.

"I would love to," Jade said with a bright smile looking at the man before her. "Also we need to go by the Bazaar and get some more herbs when we get a chance," Jade said gently watching him move around.

Last edited by Jade Laken on March 4th, 2016, 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 2nd, 2016, 3:27 pm

TIMESTAMP:

"Then it's settled. We can head off to the Bazaar, and purchase what we need. This tea is really good by the way. And then, we can go out to hunt.' The man spoke with enthusiasm, he was eccentric and one could say full of energy. Though, he didn't express his excitement physically, but emotionally. And with that, he was set for the rest of the day. He took his time with the tea, to just get used of the transition from just waking up.

It had still surprised Ferrin that Jade was still up and out of bed earlier then he was."Hey, are you getting enough sleep? I didn't do anything while I was asleep did I? I mean, if you'd like we can always alternate until we get another bed. Maybe we could do that during Spring. The weather would make the work feel a bit comfortable. What do you say?"Ferrin asked with a concerned tone. He didn't know what Jade was thinking, though she seemed cordial enough to oblige with things that he wanted to do.

On the contrary, the two hadn't done much of what Jade wanted to do. Maybe today they could hunt for a short amount of time."Perhaps we could go hunting for a short amount of time. And then that would leave us with lunch, and the rest of the day unplanned."Ferrin took his last drink of tea, and sighed in awe. It was refreshing, and yet it sufficed Ferrin for a morning meal.

After a few seasons of stay, Ferrin had gradually grown accustomed and had adapted per say, to the Fortress City of Peace. This city holds so many secrets, so much history. An adventure awaits for each and every visitor who dare enters the city wall. And for those of evil doings, their journey runs quick whence they enter within the city of Syliras. Ferrin had been within the walls long enough to at least call it home. And more prominently, there would be a lower probability to travel back to Kenash. Especially, if he himself would want to become a Knight let alone a Squire.

The words he speaks mean nothing, unless if he speaks of truth and glory. For he wished to want to fulfill his dream and ever lasting occupation. It was this path that he had carved in front of him. Carved like one would craft an animal from the very wooden piece stripped and gathered from the bark on a single tree. For he, who ventured further into his destiny.

It would not be the Gods who had set his path for him. It was his very own choices that dug his path. His, and the help of his family and friends. That's what made his decisions possible. Even, if it meant being away from the ones you love. Ferrin knew though, that his father might approve of this. But, Ferrin wouldn't need an approval to leave the open city. He had chosen the path that he wanted to take, and so he continued it, without regretting the facts.

"We can bring our things along. Eh."The man said with a smile.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Jade Laken on March 2nd, 2016, 4:52 pm

J A D E L A K E N

Jade smiled at the man when he spoke in admiration of the tea. She had used some honey and ginseng to make it this round as most everything else was low. Sipping her tea Jade was surprised when the man asked if she was getting enough sleep. Grey eyes looked at the man with a mild amusement when she thought of how her brothers were always waking her up long before she got up now by dumping water on her.

"If you only knew what my brothers did to me in the mornings it would amaze you. Though I suppose that does not answer your questions. I am getting more sleep here than I did back home thanks to my very annoying little and older brothers. You talk a little in your sleep but compared to my father's snoring that's nothing," Jade said with a snicker thinking back to the sounds she would wish to die many a night.

"I would love for us to find some veggies if there are any in from the fields," Jade said with a smile thinking of making something good with the meat from the hunt.

Grey eyes shimmered at the idea of having the day off from the stables and beginning to learn how to use her bow. She had practiced some with it but her accuracy left much to be desired.

"Oh my boss sent a book on horses home with me so I can familiarize myself with most of the horses that I will be dealing with at the stables," Jade said with a smile as she had glanced through and seen some pages on the weird contraptions the knight had bought for his stallion.

Last edited by Jade Laken on March 4th, 2016, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 3rd, 2016, 2:25 pm

TIMESTAMP:

For the time being stilled with conversation. Jade explained of her family. Those things that Ferrin wouldn't realize what her brothers would do to her back in Endrykas."Oh, you see. I'm not the eldest either. I'm the one borne second. Ericka is the eldest of us three. So it goes; Ericka, myself, and Durin. During back home in Kenash. Helping father and mother around the small looking house whenever he can. Ericka is at Riverfall. We haven't been in touch lately, but she's probably doing the things that she enjoys to do. And plus, she also is close to Kenash whenever she needed to be there."

If only Ferrin had chosen the same route.

Things could have had gone better for him. Maybe, but perhaps if he hadn't gone to Syliras he wouldn't be able to become a Squire. Or maybe he would've become something similar to a Squire, while or if he stayed at one of the other neighboring cities. Though, it probably wouldn't have had felt the same.

Ferrin took in whatever was Jade's answeres. Talking in his sleep. He'd usually not intentionally do so. But, he wasn't one to have much dreams. Unless if it were to be of a stressful manner. On the contrary, lately, there was nothing to feel stressed of. And he grown exponentially better with his sleeping routine. The coarse mlines under his eyelids were soon dicipated and energy had quickly recovered.

"Hope it's not much of a bother to you. It seems that I can talk in my sleep. Of its a bother, I can always try to dismiss the talk within my sleep?"Ferrin asked soothingly. Oh, but then she also said that it's nothing compared to her father's snores."Oh. Ha ha. I see. Yeah father snores can be quite... Annoying. "Ferrin said with a light chuckle. Though, he imagined himself being a father. Snoring in his own sleep and a few words mumbled here and there after every snort or so.

Vegetables, perhaps they could find some. Though, it might be something to have a doubt in, since it's still cool and chilling. Timid even." Well, we can always try our luck right?"Ferrin spoke with a smile across his face.

A book on horses. Definitely. Ferrin can always teach her to read on it."I guess, whence we get back home I can always teach you how to read."Ferrin stood up and stepped over to the water basin and washed his cup with a bar of soap of his and a rag. Putting it back on top of a counter for drying."Just let me get my boots and we could head out."

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Jade Laken on March 4th, 2016, 9:20 pm

J A D E L A K E N

Jade giggled gently when he started on about his snoring. She wanted a husband much like her father, loving, kind, maybe even snore a bit as it helped her sleep at night. A silent night here in Syliras bothered her more than she would ever allow any to see. Unless Winter was upon the Drykas crickets could still be heard in summer nights.

“I don't mind at all, Ferrin. It actually helps me fall asleep. I suppose I had become so accustomed to hearing the crickets at night that the silent nights here are strange to me,” Jade said with a smile as she finished off her tea.

Nodding gently hearing him speak of going to the bazaar after their hunting trip.

"Sure let me get suited up," Jade said with a smile and washed up the cup she had used before moving the tea kettle from the fire so it would cool.

Jade walked into the room that the pair shared and got her quiver, arm guard, and extra bag for any small game the pair would catch. Looking in her pack to see what all she had within the bag and what all she would need to place inside for the trip.

“Should we take the horses out with us?” Jade asked looking at the man with a smile.

Jade stood up while brushing her hair out with a smile. Putting down her brush the woman pulled her hair back and into a ponytail.

Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 5th, 2016, 12:54 am

TIMESTAMP: WINTER OF 92 515AV

The talking in his sleep aided Jades sleeping. Interesting. The male thought. He figured that it would be more of a distraction, since it was to most people during their sleeping. Ferrin nodded. And smiled soothingly to the Drykas woman. "Alright. I'll gather my hunting stuff as well."Ferrin replied as he took his cup to wash it. He'd had used the basin so many times lately. More than usual it seems. But, cleaning the dishes left out would mean clearing away all the bacteria fed on them. And that was what he had chosen to do.

The Kenashian followed Jade into the room where they slept. And the two gathered their hunting gear and Jade had grabbed a few other things as well. "Got everything you need?"Ferrin asked as he picked up his longbow and quiver. As well as strapping his short broadsword. "Best you bring your daggers as well. Who knows if their are any bandits out and about these days. I know I have encountered a few in the past previously." Ferrin said.

Protection is good to have. And better when one would have the weapons that they're best with. It is definitely good to have the weapons. And Ferrin had always taken his sword with him. Always, ever since he had acquired one. "And the horses I suppose can come with us. With that in mind, I assume that we have the lot of the day planned."

Ferrin swathed his cloak about him and slipped in his boots. He opened the door for Jade and closed it lightly before locking it.

A few chimes later.

The two were out on the streets their tools and weapons strapped about. Ferrin glanced at Jade. And smiled."You want me to show you a few tips on the bow? I'm not too good with a short bow, but they both have the same function. The longbow and the short."The Kenashian spoke. After a bell. The two managed to reach the Stables. And Ferrin instantly heard the shuffle and knicker of Cyprus.

"I guess we're here."

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Jade Laken on March 5th, 2016, 7:29 am

J A D E L A K E N

Jade nods as she pulls on her boots. Once her boots are on the woman stands up and equips her arm guard. Jade looked when he spoke of bringing her daggers.

“Right,” Jade said with a smile and grabbed the weapons putting them one on her hip and the other in her boot.

Jade grabbed her quiver and bow with a smile. She followed the man out grabbing her coay stretching more.

“Let's go I am so ready to see my baby. I would love some pointers,” Jade said with a smile as the pair walk outside.

Jade giggles hearing the snorts of Diria. She looked to Ferrin when he said that they had arrived.

“Why don't sound so surprised,” Jade said with a smirk as she opened the door to the stables.

The woman waved to the owner at the first stall before hurrying down to the stall that held her own mare. Diria neighed and reared seeing Jade. Jade laughs gently at the mare's antics.

“Behave now,” Jade said with a smile and went to the tack room and grabbed her yvas.

Diria stood still as the woman put the yvas on her. Smiling gently Jade worked to fasten the strap across her breast before making sure the rest is nice and tight. Jade smiles and walked the mare out of her stall. Diria snorted and walked out of the stall excited to be out of the confined space.

“Ready when you are,” Jade said with a smile looking at the man.

Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 7th, 2016, 1:35 am

TIMESTAMP:

The two were quick as they headed towards the Stables and founded it a few chimes later prior to a bell. As the two had trekked towards the barn the knicjering of the two horses could be heard within. Though, not entirely distinctive were the neighs and the whinnied. But, Ferrin could understand that it was one of his. Cyprus. The darkened grey and almost black Zavian Stallion.

"Hey there boy."Ferrin said as he pulled the reins gently to lead the Zavian out. "You wanna go out into the woods today, I know I haven't been around often to take you out, but I'll buy you apples."The horse knickered and bowed his head in front of Ferrin to allow the petting commence. "Good boy. And we can let you run more as well. Stretch those legs of yours."Ferrin said with a ginger smile.

The four stepped out of the Stables. "Hey Jade. Would you mind giving me a few pointers to riding. I'm not much of a rider. And it's been awhile since I have had ridden Cyprus."Ferrin asked soothingly as he slipped onto the saddle. Ferrins longbow still wrapped around his shoulder as the quiver had been strapped to the opposite one. His short broadsword was snug beside the saddle of the horse and Ferrins waist. Which where the sword was sheathed within the sheath. The four headed towards the Gates to get the hunting started.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Arrows and Game (Jade)

Postby Jade Laken on March 11th, 2016, 4:24 pm

J A D E L A K E N

Timestamp:

"Sure Ferrin I don't mind at all," Jade said with a smile looking to the man across from her, "show me what all you remember how to do. Never know what we may encounter out there while we are riding."

Jade was happy as she could be to help Ferrin. Especially after everything he had done for the young woman without even knowing her or her back story. She could have been a mass murderer, yet he trusted her enough after a simple meal to live with him. Now he had even shared his dreams of being in the knights with the her. Yet Jade had been reluctant to really tell him much about her life and her people. There were such close rules the Drykas followed that could not be shown to the people outside of the plains people.

"I'm sorry about not being forth coming with information about my people and culture Ferrin. It's just the Drykas are a very private people who don't like to tell their secrets to outsiders. I would happily tell you if there was some away around the rules of my people," Jade said looking to the man and patted Diria on the neck.

Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next