[The Rearing Stallion] [Aleister] A Game of Chairs

where Aleister and Nora play their own version of Hot Seats

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nora Maiden on March 15th, 2016, 1:32 pm

She took his hand while grinning like a cat playing with his prey. Or not. No, this was still a victors’ smile, and now it wasn’t even important if this was to be the match of the century, or a rat race, or perhaps a simple case of children’s games. This was a game, and it was beautiful how she had won. A duel! A dance! Oh, she’ll dance the breath out of him.

She took his hand... Turned… Then gave him the best gift she had – the best smile she had, and---

Huh?
Quickly blinking, she could only stand there— while he— He what…

She focused her eyes and put her hands on her hips – a fine expression of “challenge accepted”. “Oh, Aleister, you lil’ smartass!” Nora muttered under her breath – and maybe Alesteir, oh, wait, mister Aleister, even heard that, the bard being as close as she was, and then he would notice the hint of laughter in her words. Maybe that’s how the grin hadn’t disappeared from her lips. In his dreams! She’ll think of something… of something he had already heard once. Offered? No, not offered, though. Sit on THIS!

Though, it won’t be Aleister who’ll do the sitting. Nah. She turned, and maybe gave the first moment of an impression on her going away – and then promptly sat. On this chair. No. On the body. That was sitting on the factual chair. And thus. She sat in Aleisters’ lap.

Yes.

And Nora had tried her best to make this motion as expressive as she could. With her legs crossed and pulled on one of the the low armrests, and even putting an arm around Aleisters neck. Is he cosy? I bet he is. Of course, now came a certain gleam in her eyes. Such mischief in her smirk, and such a smirk in her words: “I never back down on my dares. So what now, mister Aleister?” And with her free hand she took her drink and raised it to her lips.
Nora Maiden
"Damn it, quicksilver was more consistent!"

Words: 11259
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 12:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Aleister on March 15th, 2016, 6:28 pm

Ha, a smartass was the least of what he was. The mental double take on her face *was* priceless. Best thing he had seen all day. The bards choice in music was perfect. It reflected Aleisters mood and expression note to note. The plan worked to the letter.

At one point though it did really seem she was about to leave, and he was ready to get up and after her to apologise, but as she started to fall towards Alesiter he sat up straighter and extended his hands, misunderstanding once more, to catch her, but when she sat down his arms just remained extended as they were. Just as this happened the barmaid came along with the ales and looked at both of them, pausing and raising her eyebrows at them. Aleister, still with surprise on his face and arms in the air, shrugged
"They fall into my lap of their own accord. What is a man to do?" Of course this was not true, but Aleister did need to say something to win
He got a smirk back from the waitress "No mischief in here" she said setting the mugs on the table "You two find a room for that" and left them.

This.. was not quite what he expected even though she promised as much earlier tonight. If he hadn't blushed as much as he had for the past bell, that might have happened again, but she had schooled him well enough to be use to her tricks.. at least for this night. Or maybe he was just getting use to just Nora.
"I suppose you never do at that." He took the newly brought drink in his hand "What now? Are you hungry? I could use a bite." Took a sip and frowned. Ale.. Not that he didn't like ale.. It's just Aleister.
"Listen. How long will this Aleister business go on for?"

Aleister
Just a dreamer who dreams his life away

Words: 22596
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2014, 5:55 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Nora Maiden on March 17th, 2016, 11:39 pm

And, look! The ale was fiiine . It smelled fine, too, and the aftertaste made her smile brighter, and then, suddenly! All the words that’ll spill from Nora’s lips will taste just like the alcohol in her breath, the little drops hinting at her playful mood. When she woke up today… yea, what was she wanting? Not sitting in a strangers lap-- alright, alright, alright, almost-strangers, since Aleister had stopped looking like one, now resembling a buddy, and smelling like an almost, almost, almost!! A fine specimen. Yes, a good find. Just the right kind of lap for sitting. Just the right way of… she didn’t even know. He was trying to iben—inebrute? Innn—e-brait... Oh, shyke it. He already had gotten her tipsy.

She had a thing for all things Ale-ish, Nora would guess.

And here Nora was, the bard hoping dearly it won’t be mister Alesteir to be the one blushing first, and then brushing her off, and all of this evening’s games. What was that about truce? About not giving up? She glanced over to Aleister, just a waitress – her being the finest example of the misfortune following in Nora’s steps, since the barmaid probably recognized the bard’s face, and there goes aallll of them rumours, - said the things she was saying, and now Nora was left again with Aleister and Aleister’s lap. And his voice, of course, now saying even more of those things – normal things, almost belonging to such small talk as “oh, lady fair, what do you think of the weather this eve?” and “oh, lady fair, would you like to have dinner with me?” Naw! She won’t settle for normalcy in Aleister’s voice – she’ll have to nag this out from him!

I won’t be leaving this spot right here,” and she wiggled her backside for a moment, as if proving her point, “if that’s what you’re saying. Not until…” Midnight? Until she’ll want to back to her apartment? But that’s so far! Nora swayed her head, and the smile on her lips made the point on her face even clearer. “Well, when I’ll figure that out, I’ll inform you.

Now, about that mister Aleister thing. “This evening only, I’d think.” She grinned. That was a lie. “After all, I wouldn’t want to scare you off, if that’s what would get the job done. What, you don’t like nicknames?” She moved again, gesturing to herself. “I think this one suits you just fine!” Not because he would smell like ale. Not because of his name, too. This stranger here, this Aleister just seemed to bring out the most playful side of her; he was this certain freedom, brought the person that was Nora Maiden, the self-conscious harpy. The right words – the right thoughts – the right action!
Nora Maiden
"Damn it, quicksilver was more consistent!"

Words: 11259
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 12:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Previous