[The Rearing Stallion] [Aleister] A Game of Chairs

where Aleister and Nora play their own version of Hot Seats

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Rearing Stallion] [Aleister] A Game of Chairs

Postby Nora Maiden on March 8th, 2016, 6:37 pm

7nd of Spring, 516AV

These were the pieces of magic Nora held the closest to her heart. Oh, yes - even the sweat, even the smoke, even the spilled ale somewhere beneath their soles. Because it sure was magical, wasn’t it? The evening before the weekend at The Rearing Stallion at your service, sir and ma’am, with the music, the smell of freshly roasted pork, and the feelings of being somewhat playful – also a little rough around the edges, and most definitely joyful, and – just maybe – a bit more drunk than should be advisable.

But, oh, what else can they do? Well, you—You can’t just sit idly by when the ale is flowing and the hands are clapping along the songs you’ve known since youth – a youth gone by too soon, and yet not really.

And, because of this, of course Nora was one of them. She wasn’t the bard responsible for this evening – she wasn’t the only songstress in town, and nowhere near the best to even consider herself applying for the title (and yet!) – but that wasn’t denying her the simple pleasures of life when opening the tavern’s doors and stepping inside. The hot air hit her face as freshly as it could, considering the Rearing Stallion was crowded with people. Bustling! Bursting! The first moment she even frowned – so daringly, much gall, oh my – at the sight. Not a facial expression she would have thought of when entering one of her favorite places in the known world, but, hey, nothing’s perfect in Syliras.

It would get worse, though, and Nora knew that from experience. She should find her place to sit down and order some ale, or else she’ll need to fight her way through with her elbows. Meanwhile giving an enthusiastic wave to a fellow colleague busy with meddling around her lute, Nora finally found her spot.

Her spot.
Her favourite spot, and lo’ – taken by a heathen! Taken by an unknown face!!

Truly such a dare, really. Such gall. No matter. First she considered crossing her arms, tapping her foot and maybe using all of her intimidation skills to get the redhead away from her favourite stool – with the best visibility over the stage, mind you, - but then, sadly, common sense reminded Nora that she doesn’t have any. For a moment her eyebrows lowered, but then Nora took few swift steps, perhaps finally gaining the redhead’s attention, and put her backside on a stool. Very. Uncomfortably. Near the guy.

Now she was crossing her arms. She wasn’t a self-entitled harpy, though. No, really.
You’re new here, aren’t you?

Of course. Her being Nora Maiden, perhaps she just hadn’t noticed the redhead. All these weeks. All these seasons. But no way, right? Couldn’t be true. He was just unlucky, and maybe he could be persuaded—No. Now that she thought about it, persuasion wasn’t the thing on her mind.
It was a matter of petty revenge.
Last edited by Nora Maiden on March 15th, 2016, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nora Maiden
"Damn it, quicksilver was more consistent!"

Words: 11259
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 12:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

[The Rearing Stallion] [Aleister] Two hotheads walk in a bar

Postby Aleister on March 8th, 2016, 7:45 pm

Not a tavern he visited often, it was the first one he noticed in his tonight wanderings. And in an absent mind you never choose. A bit more people were attending it than he is use to, but he supposed meeting a new face here or there wouldn't hurt. And hey. They even had a bard. Some entertainment over a mug of ale was seldom unwelcome. Aleister moved trough the crowd trying to not bump anyone and not let anyone bump into him. sidestepped to the left - he noticed he was in the area currently used for dancing - and caught the first tavern girl with nothing to carry. He put his hands on her shoulders, looked straight into her slightly startled eyes and cheerfully announced "A dark beer for me my dear!" Cocked his head to the side "Please" Then let her go and pointed to a free seat he intended to take. She gave him an amused smirk when she realised Aleister didn't intend to grope her and nodded before scurrying off, avoiding bumps even more expertly than him. After a moment he was at his desired destination. Good view. People at the table not.. too loud. After yet another moment his drink arrived and he graciously thanked the girl for her effort. He let it sit on the table while he leaned back, enjoying a moment of rest, and more patiently than others waited for the bard to tune her lute, his pipe hanging forgotten in his teeth, not smoking, but still giving off the very familiar aroma of "Dark Ba'tae" leaves he enjoyed so much. Before taking a taste of the beer he took the pipe out of his teeth, but before placing it back he decided to hide it in it's usual pocket instead. It would be a hassle to switch pipe to mug and back again the whole evening.

He didn't know anyone from this particular tavern and cause of that was surprised when a young womans voice addressed him. Then he heard the question "Hm? Oh. I've been around a few times" Took a swig out of his mug, before setting it back down "but I suppose we just managed to avoid each other. I mean who wouldn't remember a guy like me" Then, grinning, rose his hand in the air defensively, saying that the previous statement was in jest.
"What about you? From your question I assume you are a regular" He stood from the chair and bowed, brushing his coat with his hand, adding a touch of imitated grandiose to it "I am Aleister. Just - Aleister" Straightened and offered her a hand "Pleased to make your acquaintance"

Last edited by Aleister on March 8th, 2016, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aleister
Just a dreamer who dreams his life away

Words: 22596
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2014, 5:55 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Nora Maiden on March 8th, 2016, 8:20 pm

"Hm? Oh. I've been around a few times,"
—oh, he was…

the mug in his hand, then the gesture
— h-he was sooo…—

I mean, who wouldn't remember a guy like me;
--he was such a drama queen!!

If she’d—If she’d just reached out, took this here guy’s ego – oh, he’s so full of it – in her pretty little hand, and then crushed it, and would be actually seen doing that, she’d get into trouble, wouldn’t she?

Yes. Yes, that would probably make this young bard the drama queen here. Deep breaths, Nora – take them, and just accept that there’s men like this – and, such as it is, the redhead probably had a certain charm about him. Yeah. When she thought about it, slowly blinking in an annoyed manner and crossing her arms even tighter, the guy - Aleister, was it? – would seem quite charming in his own way. If only he wouldn’t be with just the worst luck. Ever. But who’s to blame here for that? Certainly not her!

In that moment Nora’s demeanor changed. A grin blossomed on her face. She looked as content as a troublemaker can look. Because if she couldn’t be seen actually doing some harm of, gods forbid, scaring a client off… “Well!” She exclaimed and then moved with the swiftness of the wind. Now she sat in his chair. “Pleased to make your acquaintance, Aleister. I’m Nora, and thank you for letting me back into my spot.” And, with the latter words her grin took a mischievous look. She reached for his hand, returning the gesture, and then the words spilled over her lips without the barest hint of thought: “I’m glad – otherwise I’d have to sit in your lap.

The words were heard only afterwards. They were alien to her own ears.
Yes.
She was frozen mid-grin.
What.
Nora Maiden

Character sheet

Postby Aleister on March 8th, 2016, 9:45 pm

When the girl let go of Aleisters hand and nimbly took the place he was starting to get to know, the man was left a touch baffled. "Now aren't you sneaky." His hand hovered there for a tick, before raising to cheek level. He glanced at his~ her spot, then at the one left for him, and sat. Smirking the redhead looked into Noras eyes and rested the frozen in motion hand on his drink, across the table "Well then next time I'll make sure not to get up" With a raised eyebrow Aleister pointedly slid his drink across the table, making a noise as glass ground against wood, and in one smooth motion raised it to his lips, breaking eye contact for a moment.

Two, three gulps later the glass was back on the table and the ice yet unbroken - even with a trail of conversation like that. "So what does Nora do for a living?" Aleister wanted to try and move on to a more.. casual topic. even though he was sure he kept his outward composure in check, his face got just a touch hotter. He was no flirter, but~ Perhaps he would pick something up from this encounter. The bard started playing again and it brought a cheer from the patrons, lightening the atmosphere. A quick paced tune to get the people started. Aleister caught the eye of the tavern girl from before and waved at her "Two more of the same, please" He motioned to Nora, himself and back again
He'll get her a drink, and if she doesn't like it she'll tell him, then he'll find out her preferred one. Simple

Aleister

Character sheet

Postby Nora Maiden on March 8th, 2016, 11:01 pm

He didn’t notice it. Did he? He couldn’t have not noticed, right? But… Don’t worry about it now, the more rational part of Nora’s mind ushered. The other part wasn’t at all rational, however. This side of her mind was her heart, and it replayed their conversation again and again, all at the span of these mere parts of a moment, memorizing each detail: the sound of Aleister’s glass when it slide over the wooden table; the cheers of the crowd, it’s presence suddenly so close, yet so far; the gleam in his eyes, no, his smile – that horrible, horrible gleam of “oh, I noticed”. Memorizing, so it could be used against her in the middle of the night, in agony and in all the possible ways a person can cringe over an embarrassing memory.

While he gulped down his drink, Nora felt the shade creeping in her cheeks, too. Stop it, Nora. And she stopped. “Ah, yes, isn’t it noticeable from my posture? From my voice – clear as the break of day?” That wasn’t the young woman speaking now, however. This was the performer. “Clearly you must know me as a bard. I usually work here at the weekends. You may have heard me, if you have heard some of these songs…” And she named a few of them. Only a few, though. Even if the performer, the liar part of her mind was the one at work now. Because, as long as she’s talking she can hope to usher the both away from her embarrassment – from her insecurities, damn it, - to something else.

Thankfully, either Aleister was a smart young man, or he just had some pieces of luck somewhere in his pockets, but he had helped. “ Aha! Turns out you're the gentleman, so gladly offering me your seat, and now buying me a drink. I offer you my gratitude.” She grinned. I could almost take this as a hint that you enjoy my humble company.

She had gotten what she wanted. Her seat. She had lost, however, a bit of pride. One way to regain it would be in exchange demanding some of his, but, hey, maybe she could show mercy. Maybe she could just have some fun. She waited until he was drinking, and then spoke with a glimpse of hope she could make him laugh: “How about that. Is this your favourite drink, mister Aleister?
Nora Maiden

Character sheet

Postby Aleister on March 9th, 2016, 8:10 pm

A very quick transition from Nora to working Nora was interesting to view from his noticeably less comfortable chair. It was amusing and fascinating how she could get into character so quickly. Or maybe this was regular Nora and the other one was not so Nora - Nora? The other one did seem a bit startled at one point and now she is all confidence and centre. Her voice just that tad closer to a performers ever present arrogance. Ah. A Bard. I see He hadn't heard her play and couldn't say he knew any of the songs she named. He thought one rang a bell "Wait. This one?" He tried to hum a tune, but and stopped after a few notes, realising it wasn't the right one "Maybe not.." He had a good ear for music, but never bothered memorising any of the song names. Maybe he should Just to get ahead of her And learn an instrument on top of that.

The tavern girl came around and replaced Aleisters finished mug with two full ones. A gentleman he did consider himself, but offered his seat? Ha. Sooner or later he would get his childish revenge.

As took his drink and took his first mouthful the girls joke came out. His eyebrows rose and then the corners of his lips tried to curve into a smile even though wrapped around the rim of the cup as they were. Aleisters managed to keep from laughing out and chocking, and spilling the beverage everywhere. Aleister?

"Well you almost got me there, dear Nora" He chuckled "And you might even call me mister Aleister. If we here drinking ale that is. This is beer" Aleister announced presenting the dark liquid with a flowing hand motion, looking at her watching her reaction, before taking another gulp from it, this time eyes still on her, with a smile on the corners of his lips, yet this time for different reasons. The man set his cup down "But we can have ale if you wish. I don't mind humouring you" And rose his hand in the air trying to get the attention of the constantly busy waitress

Aleister

Character sheet

Postby Nora Maiden on March 11th, 2016, 6:04 pm

Oh, but he was adorable when whistling the tune. Nora, herself being the bard she was, recognized the efforts he put forth, but she also – being the person she was – chuckled to herself. Which – even if it could have sounded enough playful to count as “adorable”, too - was her patting herself on the back. But alright! Alright, alright, alright. He wasn’t the bard here.
Really, she realized how arrogant her actions seemed— or were. She felt a tad guilty. But was it enough to stop? No – at least until Aleister will grow bored with these games and call her out on misplaced pride. It’s going to happen eventually.

(There was a certain charm to running into walls)
(And this time, too, she was running as fast as she could)

But there! There, he almost chuckled! The way the corner of his lips were lifted, the way his eyes gleamed! Yeah! Still got it. She laughed alongside the redhead's smile, but now she was certain to not leave him hanging. Just like that: with her body slightly leaning towards Aleister and her own glass of drink, and her stare even more focused that the moments previously, and her shoulders, still shaking in the echoes of her laughter. Still grining – as if saying, “ha, got you, didn’t I – Nora took her drink to her lips, but soon had to struggle with not following in Aleister’s footsteps; it was beer!

. . .
Her features seemed to be torn between bursting into laughter again, between grinning and between throwing her drink into Aleister’s face. A moment passed, her putting down her mug, and then: without a single spark of fun in her face, all seriousness and focused gaze: “Are you planning to get me drunk, mister Aleister?

And then, after the pause – but of course! Theere, it happened again. The grin, the sparks, the intent on the corners of her lips – all there, as if never gone. “The next time I’ll be paying!” A promise she couldn’t stop, and a promise she actually wanted to fulfill. Maybe? If mister Aleister will prove his worth as an unwilling champion of exciting evenings.
Nora Maiden

Character sheet

Postby Aleister on March 14th, 2016, 6:16 am

The bard on duty tonight was engaging the crowd in some banter in between playing a piece on the lute. And just a few ticks after Nora took the drink - Oh why couldn't they have gotten the joke just a moment sooner?? - Some of the people in the tavern laughed out in reaction to the bards wit. But you could never count on happen-stance and this was good enough

There we go, lets leave a patch on that pride Aleisters mind chuckled sweet thoughts. The look on her face when she realised it really was beer was.. not exactly priceless, but oh so welcome. It was fun to push a button or two. He hoped Nora here didn't mind, cause the night really was young and surely another opportunity would arise. He didn't mean to offend her, completely, and never meant anything hostile towards her, but she did start it And I will have that chair

Then after he ordered the two punny drinks Noras second transition came. Out of nowhere, just like that. All Aleister could do was stare for a moment. A tick passes and he felt the heat of embarrassment creep up his chest, throat and cheeks. That was never his intention, he never even considered that she could take a context like that out of his action. Aleister opened his mouth to try and defend him self, but remained speechless and closed it. Right before he decided to try again.. she.. it was a joke.. Damn it quicksilver was more consistent

His eyes narrowed watching her, hoping to do a similar thing to what she demonstrated, but he couldn't keep that up for long and a smile creped up onto his lips "I will hold you to that" he noted, chuckling it out by the end. The bard started up a tune with a nice, fun, jolly feel to it and gave Aleister an idea "Though there is a way you could repay me sooner" He got up and extended both arms towards her wilt welcoming palms "Give me a dance" Aleister smiled a bit wider, rose his eyebrows and motioned her to get up with his finger tips

Aleister

Character sheet

Postby Nora Maiden on March 14th, 2016, 12:48 pm

This was the world Nora lived in – each spark in his eyes a welcomed reaction; each moment of redness blooming in his cheeks, a gift. She drank it in, just like she took few sips of the beer he had ordered, all laid back and relaxed body. And the smile. Oh, how smug she looked! In mister Aleister’s eyes – most definitely. And that was a must-have, really. After all, who had just won? She had! She had won, aha! And the winner’s crown will be this certain manner of grins, exchanged between two hotheads like the challenger’s glove.

She had won, and, if so, why not take his offer? “Oh, I’d love to,” she grinned back, raising to her feet. “Just try to keep up.” And with this quicksilver in her veins… Nora was the queen of this evening! Wasn’t she?

And she knew this song, just like she knew the tune in his actions. He was hinting at a truce – oh, this bard was sure of it. But this was so much fun! No way she’ll end this before the night is done.
Nora Maiden

Character sheet

Postby Aleister on March 15th, 2016, 12:48 pm

By her smug smile she found this to be her victory dance. "The damsel fell for it." He thought in joy. This was no victory dance. Alesiter hasn't had his victory yet, but with this move that might just change. When she took his welcoming hand his other one set it self on her waist and slowly, as if they were about to move to the dancing area, they turned, but didn't stop until they were in reverse positions. Alesiter let go of her and with a heavy thump sat back down on Noras chair. He leaned back, straightened his legs and put one atop the other all the way smiling widely at her "On the other hand I am tired. Thank you for offering me a seat though" He rested his hand on his glass and, in the same way he did before, slid his drink closer. "Very sweet of you"
He never doubted that she would find a way to get her place back or at least get back at him for this, but he was very curious of what she would do and now was looking closely, not to let her get him by surprise or at least counter her as quickly as he could

It wasn't that he wanted the chair cause it was oh so comfortable. It was personal now. It was a dance of sorts. A duel with no swords. Friendly of course, but a duel non the less. Honestly he didn't expect to have this much fun when he went out this evening. For a person he had only just met, Nora made him feel free. Almost like a kid. No, not almost. They were acting like kids, fighting over the throne of a king. It was nice. Aleister wondered how long would it be till they would start sticking their tongues out at each other.

Aleister

Character sheet

Next