Completed Adventure of a Scientist [1]

if a bandit falls in the forest, does it make a sound?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Adventure of a Scientist [1]

Postby Shimoje on March 27th, 2016, 3:00 am

Day 30 of Spring 516 A.V.

Chatter, unrelenting chatter for which Shimoje was not used to barraged his ear drums as he sat on a ledge in the third tier of Syliras. He felt like he had just arrived to the city, but a considerable amount of time seems to have passed. To be honest he lost track of it. With no job and no form of income or clue even how to live on his own the only thing he could do is rent an apartment.

He traveled with almost nothing to the city, and set out here for one reason alone. To find news of his mother and if need be his father’s death. He seemed almost overwhelmed and couldn’t be bothered to try and communicate with others openly. He wasn’t raised like such. In fact he pretty much was raised secluded by himself.

So there he sat as night started to fall, and with a long sigh he got up and started to walk around. He hadn’t exactly figured out what was what in the city quite yet, but his observant eyes seemed to scatter about.

He knew he had to procure some living essentials and more tools for his hobbies and what he enjoys, but he hadn’t yet explored where to do that yet. He was more worried about food.

His stomach grumbled.

“No damned difference.” He mumbles as grasping his torso while walking. He was used to this sort of hunger. He headed towards his room, and almost wondered if maybe. Just maybe he would have a nice neighbor to talk to, and maybe lend him some food.
He went over to the closest door and with a shrug proceeded and knocked 2 times loud enough so someone could hear it.

Last edited by Shimoje on April 13th, 2016, 9:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on March 27th, 2016, 12:29 pm

knock knock

A pause of silence seemed to fill the air. "Well, I tried" He looked down at the floor. It seemed almost moist. There was something damp to the darkness of the night in this area. Perhaps it was from someone's bath, or maybe something worse. There wasn't really a stench, and despite the close quarters in this area it seemed to be kept cleaned somehow or another.

knock knock

With the last two knocks he heard something from down the hall. It seemed almost to echo, and for some reason his heart was struck with fear. He looked down the hall for a few moments that felt like an eternity. He started to sweat and ran towards his own apartment door. With a quick fidget to get inside he pulled the door open with the least amount of angle that would let his body slither through.

As soon as he got into the comforts of his apartment, which didn't even feel like home to him, he collapsed down and his back lay against the door bringing his knees to his chest. He held them as if they were the only thing to bring him comfort.

"Stupid."

He brought his fingers up to his right eyebrow and rested his thumb on his cheekbone. He often would do this to think. He looked towards the chest. On top of it lay the backpack which his previous neighbors in Zeltiva gave him. He remembered what they said.

"If you find yourself in a time of need go ahead and open the pack." She had said.

He couldn't think of a better time, to be honest. He got up and leaned over opening up the pack, and almost immediately he had some bread in his mouth. Mid chewing he continued looking through it. It seemed to be enough food for what seemed a week!

A smile almost showed through, but his chewing prevented it. He also found some simple hygiene items, a knife, and some flint and steel.

"So nice of her."

Only a few moments had passed since he was feared into entering his apartment. His hand glazed over his woodcarver's kit which was bound in a tri-fold leather. He looked over to the hearth some pieces of partially burned wood lay in there. It wasn't too big, but just enough to perhaps quickly craft something. He picked them up and with his largest half moon blade he started to sliver piece and piece off of its edge till they became a very sharp stake.

He had no idea why he thought to craft such a thing. Perhaps later they could be used for something more useful, but for now it brought him the security he felt that he needed. With a brave stand he headed towards his door to open it up after picking up his pack and securing his woodworking tools.

creak

The door opened and his bald head emerged looking both right and left carefully.

Last edited by Shimoje on May 1st, 2016, 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on March 29th, 2016, 3:11 pm

An exasperated breath left Shimoje, perhaps it was relief that now he had some form of security from the night. He was taught from his neighbors never to leave his house at night, and this was the first time he had ever done such a thing. As his head was peaking out the door he couldn’t help but to notice looking at the candles filling the hall and lightning up the corridor. The fumes seemed to rise to the ceiling before expelling into a black smoke of nothing.

Does that mean heat rises?
He thought. There was only one way to be certain but Shimoje felt like he didn’t have the time. He finally worked up enough to leave the contents of hiding behind his door and started to walk down the corridor. It seemed that it was fairly quiet. I hope there isn’t a curfew in this city he thought to himself as he pitter pattered down the alley.

By habit he started to throw the pointy carved stick up in the air. Observing how it seemed to change direction in the air while walking. The heavy end of the stick seemed to always end up facing toward the ground first if he threw it up lightly. If he put more force into the throw it seemed to spin more than a normal stick, but nothing lasts forever. Shimoje scrambled forward trying to catch the stick after throwing it and missed. The blunt end just barely caught the back of his hand leaving a sliver from his previously quick craftsmanship.

Shimoje yet out a disgruntled yell, and just stood there looking at his hand. He tried to pick out the sliver but was unable to. A little bit of blood came out in the process, but not enough to drip off his hand. Despite all of this he still picked up his pointy piece of wood. “useless, but it still might come in handy.” He said and continued walking.

He remembered the path he took from when he was at the docks otherwise known as The Great Harbor, but almost wondered if there were some sort of merchants around. He needed to pick up some supplies, and hopefully find a job. He wasn’t used to it, but now that he actually owned a place to live he wanted to make it his own. It would be hard not to.

Shimoje was overloaded with thoughts on stuff he wanted to learn, wanted to do, and he almost forgot that he was here to find out information on his father’s death. He found himself wandering in thought while walking. He was almost zoned out and eventually he woke up when he came to set of stairs which he believed led to the main floor of Syliras. Step after step he took, noticing that the angles on one of the steps weren’t at all perpendicular or perfectly straight on a plane. It almost made him lose his footing.
He wasn’t sure at all what time it was, and hasn’t seen anything at all to tell him what the time was yet. He was getting tired though, and his feet almost started dragging. Overwhelmed he found himself a bench. How convenient, what a perfect time for a break he thought. He pulled out his kit and started to work more on the stick with a point. He was inspired by a rope that he remembered from The Great Harbor. He wanted to experiment the effects of putting a threaded line throughout the length of the stick. With a twisting movement he carved one line that went through the pointy end of the stick into the base of the stick, and then added a grove to it. One end of the grove seemed to be flat, and the other seemed to be smooth.

He was proud of his work. He turned it around in his hands to inspect his work and noticed that as he turned it, the overall shape of the carves he made into the wood seemed to moved towards the pointed end of the stick. He almost got another idea with the rope, but didn’t have any.

With a frown he knew that he was limited to what he could do until he found a way of getting resources to experiment with. “I can’t just go around the city and pick up random things and start playing with them, can I?” he said to himself. He ruffled through his pack one more time. There was some money there… 600 GM “Would it be enough?”

His bald head seemed to glimmer from some of the lighting that surrounded the area he was in. Looking around he saw that there seemed to be the main gate not too far away. He hadn’t visited the main gate yet seeing as he arrived by boat. He was still so stranger to the area, and he wanted to take things slow. He stashed away his threaded spike into his pack. It stuck out a little bit but he didn’t fairly care. His wood shavings lay on the ground. He felt bad so he attempted to brush them up sweeping it up with his sleeve against the ground into a pile. He didn’t want to risk getting another sliver, but he liked to clean up after himself. Sloppiness was not his style. He looked around for a place to discard the shaving, but found none. Normally he would just burn his shaving. I wonder if there is a better use for shavings too!? He thought. If anything for now he would just hold onto them.

It wasn’t long before boredom caught Shimoje, and once again he got up to walk around. He saw some various signs, but didn’t actually leave the area of just inside the main gate.

Speech Thoughts

Last edited by Shimoje on April 19th, 2016, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on March 31st, 2016, 7:09 pm

Night 30 of Spring 516 A.V.

Shimoje knew he had to save his money. He needed it for food and various expenses that this new lifestyle would leave him. He hated having to deal with responsibilities now, but such is the way of living. He clutched to the wood shavings in his hand and sighed. “Even the most basic of things can be part of a larger, grander purpose” he said after neatly placing the shavings in his pack.

It was a cloudy night, and despite the spring weather he suddenly got the goosebumps on his arms and legs. He didn’t have a lot of body hair, so there wasn’t much to stand up from it. Regardless, he threw his arms across his chest and started to rub his arms tenaciously. He didn’t mind the cold, in fact he preferred it compared to the heat.
From the distance he heard the metal clacking of what sounded like horse hoofs on the stone ground. Five, no six, was heard coming in from outside of the city. Shimoje looked toward the city and saw men clad in steel. Some with bow, some with sword and shield. They looked lively enough and were galloping in while talking and laughing amongst each other. Their duty must be over, but they still seemed to have a rather somber look to them in the eyes of Shimoje. “I don’t envy them.” he muttered under his breath as taking note of the knight’s mark of the tree. He wasn’t sure what type of a tree it was exactly, but it was clad on one of the shields, it looked like an oak tree. He had his doubts though.
Deep down like every boy would he wished he could have that sort of excitement and sense of pride. He looked down at his feet and started into thought while rubbing his left eyebrow.

Would I risk life and limb to protect others? Perhaps I would, but right now my life has other plans. I need to find information and I have my own quests and goals to follow. Their armor is neat, but I doubt my body would fit in anything they have. I wish I was stronger.
I wish I was stronger.
Stronger.
For what? You never know what you may come across in this world, and my father obviously died from something. What if that something can kill me too? What if all the muscles in the world isn’t enough to beat it. I wish I was smarter.
I wish I was smarter.
Smarter.

A sparkle lay on the stone he was looking at, remnants of some rock that was probably crushed revealing a lighter stone. He needed more material for his crafts. Anything would work really. He was lost in thought when suddenly something bumps into him and send him on his butt.

Hiccup “wha’ the. Oh, a wee boy. Sor’ for that. I was car’ing these boxes an’ couldn’t see!” said a fat man.

“It is ok sir. I can take that small one on top there if you want.”
Shimoje responded as dusting himself off and standing up.

With a laugh “her’ yahs go! Fol’lo me, shaint be long now.” The fat man responded.
Shimoje took note that this man also seemed to be bald. “What is your name sir?”

Shimoje grunted almost out of breath already. The box was heavier than he expected!
“Yargul Munderitcher, wha’ is you’s boy?”

“My name is Shimoje, Sir. So where are we headed?” He responded grunting inbetween the words.

“Tuh the fightin’ pits o’course! You know anything about fighting? You are a scrawny one aren’t you?”

“I’ve never cared to fight, sir. Though it does seem like an interesting concept. Intrinsically though, I feel like I would always get my butt churned.”
Shimoje tried laughing, but it ended with just a chuckle as he almost lost his footing and then regained it just in the knick of the time. A yell was heard from the distance.

“I didn’t know you could slave ants!”

“Oi, Ceryl, I bumped int’o this one. Lit’rally!”
responded the bald man.

With a bit of disgrunt Shimoje remembered something he observed “Ants can lift twice their body weight it seems. That is obviously not me, sir.”

They all laughed as they sat down the boxes. Ceryl walked over and punched Yargul in the chest. “What do you got there?” Ceryl questioned.

“This her’ is a box of used weapons from th’ ord’r. The un’ ove’ there is our dinn’r for tonight. Nice big round.”
Replied the fat man.

Shimoje was literally hauling around a raw piece of meat. Probably to be cooked up and eaten. It seemed a bit late for dinner, but judging by this guy’s size it looked like he didn’t ever go a fortnight without eating. He took a look around the area. The dirt ground had the occasional pad on it, probably for softer combat, and there were weapons racks scattered about. Most of the weapons on them looked like they were used far too much. As he stood there and observed he noticed Ceryl take out a spit and was preparing a rod for use, probably to impale the meat on and cook it. Shimoje took the initiative and saw a small hole in the corner right of the courtyard. He took out his wood shaving from his bag, literally shaking them onto the ground into the pit and began striking on his flint and steel to create a small fire. It probably took a good 2 minutes before some smoke began to appear.

“Have you some larger wood, sirs?”
He yelled across the courtyard to the two men.

“oi, loo’ at that Ceryl, tha’ boy started our fire fo’ us!” he said “Ye’ here”

The man stood up and started chucking wood at the boy, throwing it rather hard. Shimoje’s eyes widened and he laid down on the ground to create the least amount of chance of getting hit. He probably only threw about 4 pieces of wood, but with the splinter he got earlier he rather not deal with a larger one impaling him like that chunk of meat.
Shimoje picked up the pieces and arranged them in a triangle. They started off slow and then embers took place on the wood. A large crack was heard from the fire and then the flame finally started to get a bit hot. Hot enough to start the cooking of course. Ceryl walked over with meat and placed two Y frame stakes to the left and right of the fire then placed the meat on those frames above the fire. Yargul walked over carrying three larger pieces of wood. They must have been heavy cause he dropped them down and they made a rather large thud sound.

“Fo’ your seat boy, you can eat with us if you want!” Yargul said as arranging the primitive furniture. “So what is tha’ thing in your pack the’r boy?”

“Oh, an invention, I suppose. I plan to turn it into a working screw. It can easily drill into things and make holes. Of course it has other applications too, and is fairly sharp!” Shimoje declared.

The meat began to crisp up and juices started falling into the fire, which only caused the occasional flare up.

“You’ un’ of those awkward fella’s?”

“He’s a bright un’ alright. His head is even shinier than yours!”
Ceryl joked “he must be from another city, I haven’t seen him before.”

“You are most certainly correct.” Shimoje responded as he walked over to the weapons rack and observed the weapons. There stood swords, handles with balls on them, a shield, and a few spears. He walked away from them just about as fast as he walked over to them and sat down back on his piece of wood. Another man was heard from the distance walking up “You know how to fight kid? I saw you eying that spear over there!”

“I doubt he could lift the thing Gerard!” yelled out Ceryl once again. He was getting to be obnoxious.

“Oh, you have meat cooking. Great, I will join you!”
said Gerard “so baldy, do you know how to fight?”

Shimoje looked around if anyone else would answer, but the other bald man was occupied rotating his meat on the stake and wasn’t paying too much attention. “No, I prefer the scholars, but I am always looking to improve myself. I would probably regret it if I didn’t learn something while here. Why do you ask?”

“Oh, I am always looking for someone new to spar with, is all. Not many can beat me, and when I find a challenge I just train that much harder to be sure I strike them to the ground!” confidently declared the long haired warrior. He seemed sweaty as if just arriving from doing something physical. Gerard took a seat next to the boy and started to eye the meat. “I can spar with you boy.”

Shimoje didn’t know what to think of that. A grown man, almost twice his size, asking him to spar. Shimoje has never quarreled with anyone and he didn’t really want to, but he thought to himself. Why not?

Speech Thoughts

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 2nd, 2016, 1:20 am

Night 30 of Spring 516 A.V.

The fire danced amongst the stars in the night. Illumination of the walls cast shadows on the ground and the distinct smell of cooked meat filled the air. The wind would pick up occasionally and push the flames eastward away from the shoreline, the waves must be intense right now. Shimoje never thought he would feel like he missed the ocean, but spending so much time on that trade ship, well it seemed to have made him look at life a bit differently. It was as if each moment and each day was a new adventure. There shouldn't be much difference. He was feeling good right now, despite being a bit tired and worn out from carrying the box here. It was a rather big piece of meat

Gerard just sat there waiting for his response or for Shimoje to stand and pick up a weapon it seemed. As Shimoje sat there a waft of sweat and blood filled the air. It wasn't the first time he was subjected to that smell. Washing yourself on a ship was hard work when it would have to be constantly manned, especially when things got treacherous. Smoke hit Shimoje in the face. It was time to take his stand. To do something to improve himself. He looked at the brown haired man next to him. His hair seemed to be ragged and fell just below his shoulders. It was like they were complete opposites, and pretty soon they would be in battle. If you could call it that.

Shimoje stood up and headed to the weapons rack. His eyes were still on the spear. It had a long wooden shaft with a spiked metal head on the tip of it. It stood twice his size though. He grabbed for the spear and lifted it off the rack. His grip was off balanced and since he grabbed it with just one hand near the base the tip of the spear fell and hit the dirt. "Of course." He muttered.

"Haha, I told you the little guy wouldn't be able to lift it!"
Ceryl let out before saying "Try widening your grasp."

"I think he is my pre- I mean student now. Go fight Yargul or something."
Let out Gerard as his stood up grasping his sword and shield.

"And take him from his meat. What do you want a drunken rage? He would probably get too excited and kill the boy."

It was basic mechanics. Shimoje had seen something like this before in one of his experiments. He took off his pack and set it next to the weapons rack and picked back up the spear. This time he widened his stance and his grasp.

"You want to use the spear? I don't know a lot about spear combat, but I do know that spears are used for distant attacks. You don't want your enemy to get in close to you otherwise you have no defense besides your own hands, and I am pretty sure mine are bigger than yours"

"I don't know. I think the spear just spoke to me. Maybe it was compensation for my height and the size of your muscles." Shimoje chuckled at his own joke.

"Alright. First lets see you walk with your spear. If you can't walk, your just like that dummy over there!"
said the egotistical man "you aren't a dummy are you?" Gerard was trying to provoke a response from the bald man.

And so began the fight

Shimoje took step after step towards the shield in his way. He held the spear close against his side as walking and looked down the tip of the spear trying to align it to his target. The spear seemed to sway and this was the first time he held something so large. He was already beginning to sweat. Mostly it was from nervousness. Standing rigging on the boat took more muscles than holding the spear up, but it was fairly awkward.

"Thats good, boy. What is your name by the way?"
Gerard asked before charging him with his shield. The sheer speed from his sprint was remarkable. Shimoje froze and saw him gain the distance fast. The spear was supposed to be a distance weapon though. Soon Gerard was within striking distance of the spear, but with a simple clip of his blade against the tip of the spear he was within the 10 foot reach and past the striking range.

Shimoje attempted to slap him with the spear regardless. He twisted his body as if he was trying to swing the masts of a ship starboard, rotating his body. His attempt failed and he was shield bashed in the torso before his spear made contact. Shimoje fell to the ground rather hard. His breath escaped him and his vision went blurry. Soon enough Shimoje was no longer conscious.

Day 31 of Spring 516 A.V.

"Shimoje. Wake up. Shimoje, if you don't wake up I will take all your money then bury you in the sand." Gerards voice was like a harsh ringing in his ears. With a few grunts Shimoje opened his eyes and immediately his hand went to his ribs. "I think you bruised me." He cried out.

"You are lucky you aren't dead."
He smirked "You should take every fight as if it might be your last. It is either kill or be killed, and that is your first lesson. That's 5gp please."

Shimoje sat there on the ground for a few moments. It was as if he just woke from a very long slumber. His stomach growled "Is there at least any meat left?" He looked over to the silent embers of where the fire used to be. A small slab of meat seemed to still hang off the stake.

"If you can get it, then it is yours."
Gerard badgered. He got up and picked up the stake of meat and started to walk away. Shimoje noticed the man wasn't in his armor or had his sword or shield currently.

Shimoje's stomach growled once again. "This must be a test." He thought. Gripping his side once again Shimoje attempted to get it up. It really hurt. I mean it really really hurt, despite all of this he knew that if he didn't eat he may as well be dead.

Shimoje was still next to his spear, laying in the sand. He got up very slowly and attempted to pick up the spear as slowly as possible not to hurt his ribs. He lifted it with his knees first and got up. It seemed to work in his favor cause when he looked back at Gerard it was as if he didn't notice.

He took the spear and held it close to his hip, and started to walk slowly. It was almost was as if he was limping in pain, but eventually that subsided. Shimoje got a rush and thrill that seemed to hit his spine. His heart rate increased, and all he could think about was that meat. His paces got quicker and quicker, and his steps remained silent in the sand. He wasn't stopping for anything. Eventually his pace turned to a slow run, and it was as if he wasn't breathing at all. The closer and closer he got, the more it felt like blood was rushing to his fingers.

Just as he got close to Gerard he turned around. He saw Shimoje approach, but thought he was going for him and dodged. Keeping the meat away from his body as if naturally to use the stake as a sword he wielded it in defense... only to have a spear collide straight into the meat on the stake.

Shimoje almost laughed as the meat was impaled with the spear. He didn't even thrust, he just ran. As the spear entered the meat he accidentally twisted his grip. This cause the spearhead to turn and it ripped off a hunk of meat and got stuck on his spear as it teared away from the hit of the stake it was on when Gerard deflected the spear.

"My my..."
Gerard mused "If you want something hard enough, you must fight for it. Good job Shimoje."

Shimoje reeled in his spear letting the back end of it lay on the ground. The meat that was on the tip of the spear was small, but just large enough to provide a good breakfast for him at least. He took a bite of it straight off the spear. It was tough, but he could still taste the smoke. He enjoyed every bite as he tore the meat off the spear with his hands for the final bites.

Speech Thoughts

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 2nd, 2016, 3:37 pm

Timestamp: 31st Spring 516AV

It was either training or patrolling. Save for those days that Ser Xervos had actually allowed a few days for leave off of training to take rests. Ferrin had had only been within the walls of the Fortress City of Peace for only a couple of seasons at count now, and now his patron had a knack for wanting him to train or patrol. To understand the basics as soon as he could.

Surely, that would mean; only one thing. To manipulate the squire to only do things that the very patron would order his student to do things to mrely satisfy the role of being a squire. The season hadn't even hit the halfway point of this season as of yet. And Ferrins biceps were sore and burned like a stove top preparing a boiled water to start a mor ing meal under the glazing and morning sun.

The Kenashian yawned and twirled one of his curls with one hand as he rubbed his back. With a small crack Ferrin let out a sigh of calamity. Ferrin stopped playing with his hair and adjusted the sword that was belted to his waist. Ferrins hair was merely the color of ink and easy enough to have Ferrin identified as him, being him. The metallic armor gleamed against the light of Syna.

The dirt beneath the Kenashian's boots swiveled as he shifted the two feet about the ground feeling a bit at a nerve. Ferrins blue glossy eyes gleamed ever so as he heard his patron spoke, but had only just forgotten what he had had said. "Aye, sorry Ser Xervos what was that?"Said Ferrin as he layed his eyes steady to level his gaze to his patrons.' "Pay attention, my Ferrin. Things would become easier for you. Today we're doing another patrol so you can understand what I want you to do. Got it?"Said the Ser Knight as he sighed and relinquished a wry smile over his wrinkled countenance.

The patron Knight had a strikingly similar appearance to his Squire. It would be easy to mistake the patron as Ferrins father, yes. But, alas, he is not. Though, Ser Xervos is the brother of Ferrins father in the family tree. And there was much more that would have to be discovered. Perhaps Ferrin could take a visit to the Archives someday.

"My apologies Ser. We start at the Pits right? There's always something going on there." Replied the Kenashian a bit gloomily. Sure, start the day off with a walk, fortunately the first stop is not much far away. And what could happen at the Pits that would be so bad. Perhaps Ferrin could see Garland there? Well, perhaps not this early? Maybe. Any who, it does not particularly matter now does it? "Okay then off we go. Don't forget your helm."

The Fighters Pit, Morning:

"Ser, who else in our family is still alive?"Said Ferrin as the two men in armor walked along with little clanking sounds as they go about and stepped over the grey stones that had been in need of desperate repair for some time now. Surely, the weather doesn't help with them either."There will be a time when all of that is set for things to be said at the right moment. I only knew of your existence as you arrived in Syliras. I was surprised to see that Thorin had put himself out there. What does he do today anyways?"Said Ser Xervos as the two took a turn around a corner.

"He helps out with those Dynasty brats, well, from what I could remember he would do some personal trades with them. Depending on the amount of coin that'll he get."Said Ferrin a bit more calm than he had thought. The words echoed a bit as the helm carried the sound."He would've had had a better career path with being a Knight."Said Ser Xervos, he had appeared to choose his words with careful ease.

"But, you said that things had been an obstacle for him here. Why?"Asked Ferrin simply. "Erh, your father had a lot personal things. Father and Mother were both I'll. Your grandparents. Thorin had the only paying job. He was a hunter like you. Before he left to Kenash."Said Ser Xervos in a bit of a calmed demenur."Oh."Said the Kenashian with a sigh."Here we are."

The Fighters Pit. Well, more so the Antnious Fighter's Pit. In terms of can become a bit chaotic during the afternoon, but now since it was fairly early. Not a lot of people there. But, almost something unnerving to spectated had almost grossed out Ferrin."Uh, Ser. Who is that guy. The bald headed one with the meat on the spear?"Asked Ferrin as he gestured his head towards Shimoje.

"Not too sure. Perhaps some aloof fellow looking for a some coin and a place to stay. Not like he's going fishing for fish in a dried up pool such as this? Eh?"Teased the Knight as the two stood at one of the entrances of the basic ring. The lot had a perimeter of an enormous oval. With the perimeter allinged with bricks and stone. A lot on one side and other training things on the other. With the racks of weapons and armor. "I think you can confront this man eh?"Asked the uncle.

"I belieive that I can Ser."Said Ferrin with a weak smile. The man before the two men in armor seemed a bit at a loss to Ferrin. Surely, he must be a resident with a decent amount of income."Excuse me, sir. I hope you understand where that spear tip has been, I'm not sure if it's been clean ever? What's your name and are you a visitor or a resident?"

My Words Others Words My Thoughts

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 4th, 2016, 10:53 pm

31st Spring 516AV

Shimoje stood there with spear in hand and dirt on his face, head, and clothes. It took him quite a while to realize what was happening. When he did his face turned a reddish hue and he dropped the spear and what remained of the last piece of meat. It wasn't really much to him, but with a scramble of embarrassment he went to pick up the spear. With a sheeny film of sweat coming from the top of his head onto his forehead he turned to encounter the one who had spoken to him. He wore a helmet and had strikingly blue eyes just like the Suvan Sea. The other bore a figure of a Knight and oddly had some similar features to the blue eyed one. As he looked at them in a concerned manner he slowly picked up the spear not letting his eyes off of them.

“Oh, accept my rude manners as I have been through some rough stuff lately.” Pronounced Shimoje as he rolled his back upward slowly to stand up. He turned around and glanced back for a few moments to notice that almost everyone has gone, besides someone he couldn’t quite make out in the outer arena portions that was ringing out a piece of cloth. “I only just woke up and had to secure my meal. My name is Shimoje and I came here to Syliras about 10 days ago. I am still getting accustomed, actually.” His face looked down as he kicked at the dirt. “I am looking for something.” He went silent and walked toward the pair who he was confronting. “Pleased to meet you, might you tell me who you are?” he said as if ignoring the fact of the meat. He knew it was gross, but just didn’t care. He was hungry and had other things on his mind besides cleanliness. Honestly, now that Shimoje took note of it he was mildly disgusted about it.

The morning was quickly changing to a brighter and hotter one. There wasn’t a single breeze that came through to ease the sun. Luckily Shimoje stood partially in the shade of a larger silhouette. He kneeled down for a few and pulled out his screw-like wood that was about as large as his forearm. He twisted and twisted it into the ground rapidly then teetered it from side to side to get it out of the earth. Up came some dirt with it. He noticed that the dirt and soil got stuck into the grooves of the device and thought of an interesting concept to take note of.

Standing up he flung the device as if swinging a sword like Gerard did so early to deflect. The dirt came off very fast as if a projectile that spread across a wide area. The dirt stopped just short of the two gentlemen who had graced him. “My apologies, still getting the hang of this fighting thing. You see my father was killed on travel across the lands and a messenger came to me of his death.” He looked down once again. “I aim to find whatever or whoever it was and… “ He couldn’t continue at all, and was unusually more open than usual for this sort of interaction. His tongue was literally tied. What would he do once he found the culprit? Surely he couldn’t kill them himself, could he?

Shimoje wasn’t much of a killer type in fact. With a body like his you would be very surprised to find him in the place he was at. He seemed so out of place it was crazy like seeing a chariot in the middle of an ocean. He ran his hand over his eyebrow quickly and took a few loose hairs with him. As looking at his hands he noticed how dirty it was. You could tell he was bored with introductions. It wasn’t much of his thing, but he did give tentative attention when it was required. He looked at the two once more “So you must have a plan being here this early in the morning? I sure as heck wouldn’t be here if I didn’t get knocked out last night.” He grasped his side one more time while smiling.

Speech Thoughts

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 5th, 2016, 2:26 am

Timestamp: 31st of Spring 516AV

Ferrin nodded simply as the man before him spoke with solemn words. The bald headed man was named Shimojie, surely that was just as uncommon as Ferrin. Still, not like names justify who a person is and how they go about doing things in the world of Mizahar. No. Surely not. Of course not, the names of the beings of Mizahar do not justify who people are by account; absolutely not. And if there is a place in this world of mystery, than there was something wrongly created about it.

"Shimojie, hmm. That's an interesting name."Replied the Squire with a simple ease and a basic nod of his head along with a smile that justified Ferrin's simpleness. Fortunately, this man wasn't some crazed impersonator, otherwise Ferrin would really have to deal with this guy.

Behind Ferrin, his patron, Ser Xervos, strolled behind him, nodded once to Shimoje and placed a hand on Ferrins shoulder. The patron relinquished a nice firm grip over the metal plated armor. For now, things seemed about right."I'm Squire Ferrin, of Syliras. And this is my Uncle, Ser Xervos. We're pleased to meet you. Do you need any coin we can certainly give you some. Well, I can that is for sure."Said Ferrin with a polite nod.

Some sort of instrument came at the feet of Ferrin and Ser Xervos whilst the two stand a bit aways away already. Shimoje could've still almost just only cut there feet off, if it weren't for the armor. Still, things had been going at a steady pace now. Perhaps Ferrin could take the two out for breakfast."Ser,"Said Ferrin as he faced his patron before him."How does a warm fresh meal at the Rearing Stallion sound? Good, Ser could I host a trip there?"Asked Ferrin with a bleak smile. The Knight just nodded."I don't mind."

"How about you Shimoje. How does that sound. I guess it won't hurt to give you some Mizas for new clothing to. Don't worry, I'm fine with it. The Knights and squires get free drinks at the Tavern. So, I'll be fine on that."Said Ferrin warmly and he awaited Shim, for a decent answer.

My Words Others Words My Thoughts

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 5th, 2016, 8:45 pm

“Oh sorry about that, it can drive more force than a regular wood stick by rotational direction, also I am not one to disappoint, fine sir.” Shimoje responded to the gracious squire. “I have never been to the taverns, but I am surely willing to try everything at least once. Just let me get my wood over there.” As he stood up to walk he placed the spear back into the weapons rack then as if in a hurry and despite the pain slowly ran over and picked up his wood by the feet of the two men; Ser Xervos and Squire Ferrin. “Even the most basic of things can have many uses.”He explained as he picked it up and put it in his pack.

One bell has passed since the sun has passed the horizon. Shimoje had already eaten himself, but he was fairly thirsty. He wasn’t used to gratitude and didn’t want to impose upon his new acquaintances. Regardless, he would not take down their offer. That would be illogical for someone in his position. It was almost as if it was too good to be true.

Shimoje had a hard time in life and doesn’t have much to his name at all. With little to no supplemental income and knowing that you can’t scavenge in the city makes it very hard to use his resourcefulness to the fullest. “After the drinks and food, I’ve needed to travel outside of the city. But just look at me, how could I defend against something or someone that would want the same fate my father faced?” he was in a solemn mood for sure. Just after getting his hind kicked he was definitely struck by a dose of reality. He had to step up his game. He had to make sure that he was ready for anything.

“So you said it was the Rearing Stallion? I think I saw that somewhere near the first ring?” he exclaimed to the two “I have no problem going. My chest is a bit bruised, but I will manage!”

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 6th, 2016, 12:03 am

"Oh I see. Perhaps putting it away for now would be best instead of hurting someone." Said Ferrin with a smile. The squire turned his body and headed out of the pits accompanied with Shimojie and Ser Xervos. Surely, Ser Xervos wouldn't mind a drink or two, even with his career things could even get a bit rusty for him. Definitely, things are a bit rusty and work filled with Ferrin, it felt good to want to take a rest and relax. Well, for the most part.
"Oh Shimojie, I think that you mean the Nettle District. That portion of Syliras contains the Inns and the food places. Also the Traveler's Row." Replied Ferrin; in more of a matter of fact tone.

"Maybe we can find yourself a weapon. Surely, the prices of them can't be too cheap. I know a place where things are quite cheaper than the common smith here. Though, I don't recall its name." Said Ferrin with a gloomy smile. Ser Xervos looked at his squire who walked beside him with an odd look and a wry smile. "Surely, you don't recall the name. It's not hard to forget." Replied Ser Xervos with teasing manner. "Yeah, yeah. Ser Xervos, oh... The Sultros Blades. I think that is what it is. That place, I don't remember though, what their prices for blades are. The Great Bazzar is what holds the cheapest prices, in my opinion at least." Said Ferrin with a simple sigh in return.

"Alright, Mr. Know it all. Lets see here. Where would you usually go next on our patrol route. If I set you to have one. Soon, soon I will." Said Ser Xervos simply as to change the subject. "Well, I don't think it would be the Rearing Stallion. Would we check the gates next, or..." His words trailed as the trio took a wide turn around a corner of the beaten down weathered street. The Rearing Stallion is almost in view now. Surely, close enough to even see it; of course.

"Well, not exactly. We would visit the rest of the Nettle District and than the gates. We would usually then check out the Kabrin Road, even though there are other Squires and or Knights who would have routes through there." Ser Xervos replied with a grim smile. Ferrin nodded in reply. The trio managed to reach the tavern, the Rearing Stallion, within a few chimes. And they had passed by fairly quickly. "Shimojie, how fair you with food? I mean, how hungry are you?" Asked Ferrin simply with a smile as he opened the main door and lead the two in first.

As Ferrin stepped through, he waved his right hand to the bartender who stood behind his counter and taking things slow with the morning run. Ferrin gestured his patron and his new companion over to an empty table. There, greeted by a waitress with the simple attire that a common Syliran local would wear. "What can I get for the lot of ya?" Asked the waitress with a cordial smile. "The usual for me, plus the ale please. Well, since you guys only do daily specials." Replied Ferrin with a warm smile. Ser Xervos placed his index finger up and said "Same for me as well." The waitress wrote the two orders down, and looked at Shimojie. "And for you sir?" She asked a bit oddly. She gave a little odd look at the balded man before her, for he had dirt caked all over his clothing and his clothing had little tears here and there as well. But small cuts and such almost hardly noticeable. It didn't bother Ferrin much. Nor Ser Xervos.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes