Closed Arrows and Game (Ferrin) Pt 2

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Arrows and Game (Ferrin) Pt 2

Postby Jade Laken on April 17th, 2016, 9:20 pm

Jade looked when the man spoke once more about a burrow. She nodded not wanting to make too much noise. The blond moved some of her long hair behind her ear looking around still. Her eyes cut to look at the man out of her peripheral vision when he spoke of a fox. She held her arm out to stop the stallion beside her from moving as Ferrin took aim. A soft smile graced her young face when he made the kill. Once he returned Jade looked at the fox and felt around the midsection.

"Still a little left from an earlier meal. Cut the throat and let some of the blood drain. It will mean less work later," Jade said with a smile and began to gather some twigs.

She had seen her father once more out a couple of rabbits on the plains. Now all Jade had to do was try and remember how he done it. Looking at the burrow the girl decided to see if she could find the back way out.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 17th, 2016, 10:11 pm

Timestamp:

Ferrin did as Jade suggested. The Kenashian took the fox off of his shoulder and propped it on the ground. He withdrew his short broadsword and carefully aimed for the throat. Ferrin took the tip of the blade and dug it into the fur coat of where the throat lied. Ferrin slowly went across the throat and blood drained from the neck onto the ground staining the once green grass to a red velvet colored grass.

"It's draining. You want me to skin it? You want to have our game for lunch right? Shyke I forgot the spices. Oh well." Said Ferrin as he wiped the blade off of with his shirt. Now the shirt was stained with red liquid. Just slightly.

As he waited for Jade to... trap a rabbit. Ferrin figured that this trick was an Endrykas one. Perhaps he could help with it."Anything you need me to help with?"

My Words Others Words My Thoughts

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jade Laken on May 2nd, 2016, 1:09 am

Jade looked over at him while he spoke. She needed the extra set of hands to find the end of the burrow. Thinking the blond tried to decide whether or not she would get them to eat here or just field strip the skin and get the meat cut up. That would allow any predators to have the carcass instead of it going to waste and potentially bringing rats into the apartment.

"Yeah an extra set of hands would be awesome. We can eat it here or get it skinning and preserved until we get back. I need you to be ready to shoot if there are any rabbits left in this burrow," Jade said looking at the Keneshian.

Jade didn't care whether he wanted to eat here or wait till they arrived back at home. Kneeling down the blond began to pile leaves and the sticks into the end of the hole. When Ferrin let her know that he was ready she struck the flint and steel until it finally caught. Leaning down the woman blew gently coaxing the fire larger.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on May 19th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Timestamp:

Ferrin nodded to her first explanation of having extra hands. He started notching in an extra arrow for the ready. "Sure, I'll help." He said. The Kenashian ventured over to the second burrow, where hopefully the rabbit would pop out. He crouched and knelt down beside it, longbow aimed at the hole. "We can eat it here." The Kenashian spoke as he let out one hand to show the blonde that he was ready.

Jade, had set the fire with branches and fallen leaves. Coaxing the fire that she had taken her time to start. Ferrin focused in on the hole. It was dark, but from where the tunnel is, he could see a faint light. Ferrin smirked and as he saw the head of the rabbit. He let it come a few inches closer to the edge. Thwack. The force of the arrow impaled the rabbit and the furry creature fell with a thump against the stone. Ferrin spoke. "Got it!" He pulled out the rabbit with a smirk holding it from the waist. The arrow pierced the abdomen of the creature. It was a mere flesh wound.

The blood from the furry little creature seqped from the wound down Ferrins hand and pooled on the ground as Ferrin figured what they could do. "Well, we can..." He said as he adjust the game to prevent the blood to drip over his hand. "We can cook most of it. Maybe see if the butcher would want it? Should we skin the fox and eat that, or the rabbits? I think we could ration the rabbits?" Ferrin asked as he piled his caught game beside him. He kept his hands covered with the blood as if he figured that he'll have to help with some of the skinning. "Could you put that fire out please? We don't need the wolves to come after us." Ferrin asked soothingly with a smile.

Ferrin let the silence rise as it happened he helped gather some of the stones and other natural things used for a campfire. For the caught food of course. "What's your family like?" Ferrin asked casually with a slight smile, small talk can always be a good thing right? He recalled though, how her father and brothers can be a bit judgemental and reckless, well her brothers could be reckless. But, Ferrin doubted that her father would be just as much? Right? He waited for Jade to give some of the instructions for how she'd want it prepared, maybe talk while they're working on the skinning and cooking? Maybe...

My Words Others Words My Thoughts

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jade Laken on May 19th, 2016, 6:53 pm

DATE, YEAR, LOCATION

"We can skin the rabbits here and ration the meat. Preserving it would be a good idea till we can return to town. I would say skin the fox and eat that meat. We can use preserving salt to keep the hides good and sell them in the market," Jade said with a smile and put out the fire.

Scooping up several handfuls of dirt the woman easily put the fire out before it could catch on anything else. Looking over when he asked of her family the crazy shit her brothers always dragged her into came to mind. Before she could stop herself the blond started to laugh uncontrollably. After several chimes Jade finally had to catch her breath. Taking a few deep breathes the woman walked over to him and took out her hunting knife before grabbing a rabbit. Sitting down the woman was very easy with how she began skinning the animal. There was no need to rush the process as the pair both had the day off from their respective jobs.

"Sorry about laughing. I just started thinking of things I had not thought of since I left from home," Jade said looking at him gently.

"My family huh? Well I have two brothers one older and one younger I also have four younger sisters," Jade said looking up to think.

"Mother is a very kind soul; she was never one to raise her voice. If she spoke all of us listened to her without making a sound. Father was close to the same. He was a kind soul to most, but never mistake his kindness for weakness. When tough times came up he would rally our pavilion together set each of us to do a job that would help protect not just our home, but all the clans. He always used to say 'Never show fear, fear is a weakness your enemy can use'," Jade said with a soft smile looking at the dead rabbit.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Previous