Closed Arrows and Game (Ferrin) Pt 2

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Arrows and Game (Ferrin) Pt 2

Postby Jade Laken on March 31st, 2016, 2:18 am

91st of Winter 515 A.V. // The Cobalt Mountains
Jade smirks at the man as she looked forward. She smiled at the mare that peered back at her.

"On three," Jade said with a smile and looking at Ferrin.

"One..." Jade started the count down with a smirk.

"Two," the woman said with excitement in her.

"THREE!" Jade shouted and kicked Diria into a run.

Diria neighed and raced forward getting the early lead in the race. Jade laughed as she let the mare fly across the ground. She threw her arms open looking up at the sky with a bright smile. Flying, Riding it felt the same to the blond as her mare raced across the ground towards the tree line.

"COME ON FERRIN YOU GUYS CAN DO BETTER!" Jade called back while laughing.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 31st, 2016, 8:46 pm

Ferrin kicked his heels with a light tap on the sides of Cyprus as the four went along the Kabrin Road. With a confused look over at Jade who had been counting excitedly about the race. Took off at three. Sure, it wouldn't have to be needed, the "on go" portion. Jade zoomed, and she took Diria at a speed that Cyprus could muster. And so, Ferrin kicked at his horses' sides once again "Yah!"Said the Kenashian and the horse knickered in reply.

Off the two went. Surprisingly, Ferrin could manage to hang onto the reins for quite some time. It had only taken less than a chime to catch up to the girls."Hey! We're almost there! Surely, Cyprus can meet Dirias sppeds. Am I right boy!" Said Ferrin as he took his right hand off the reins and swiftly patted the neck of Cyprus. The horse whinnied with excitement and swiveled its head. The two horses were neck and neck now.

And it would only be in a matter of a few chimes to reach the treeline. For it was roughly 10-20 yards away now.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jade Laken on April 3rd, 2016, 5:40 am

"Well well looks like they do have some speed on them! Come on Diria! Faster girl Faster!" Jade said with a smile as the mare pushed faster.

She smiled as the mare pushed her legs harder throwing herself forward pulling ahead of the stallion and male rider. Jade laughed like a crazy woman so excited to feel the mare going to fast. Soon it would be the end of the race as the tree line grew closer with each passing tick. only about 10 - 5 yards was left for the pair. The blond hair whipped behind the girl as the wind raced around her.

"COME ON BOYS DON'T BACK DOWN NOW!" Jade shouted with a laugh looking forward.

She was happy to see someone who had a healthy competitive side. Soon the pair would have to talk about the trip to the orphanage. The little girl named Dina had really touched the pair of adults while they were looking around. Jade had promised to visit the home till she had found a home.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 11th, 2016, 3:26 pm

Ferrin smirked a grin on his face as he rasped the reins lightly against the mare and the stallion strides faster on with a knicker. Ferrin had thought this was insane and he was still surprised of how long he was lasting on the saddle of Cyprus. He was just shocked.

Ferrin looked at the treeline and then at the back of Jade. The view of Jade kept zooming in as Cyprus huffed and trekked his hooves towards the two. "Hey! Long have you been riding?" Exclaimed Ferrin as his hands had begun to sweat and his theighs were beginning to grow sore. Cyprus managed to get at the side of Diria with amazing speed and was now head to head, huffing and puffing air out of him as fast as he could whilst Ferrin bad been struggling to gain hold of the reins.

The treeline was fairly close now. And Ferrin felt that they were going to run into the trees. Just a few yards away now. "We're close. And it appears to be a tie!" Said Ferrin a bit exuberantly as he clutched onto the reins more tightly now. He gave a worried face and hoped for the best.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on April 11th, 2016, 4:56 pm

Jade laughed as finally Cyphrus had caught up to the two women. Diria neighed and pushed her legs faster as the stallion approached her. The blonde loved the feel of the wind rushing past her. As if the group was flying, looking over Jade heard him ask her how long she had been riding. Smirking she noticed that he was having a hard time staying on Cyphrus and that his legs were giving out on him. She slowed Diria as the four got within a few yards of the treeline. Looking over at him Jade laughed as he raced past her faster heading straight for the trees.

"Easy big girl," Jade said with a smile allowing Diria to canter behind the two men.

Diria snorted as she stopped at the tree line looking into the forest calmly. Jade laughed and jumped down walking over to Cyphrus and Ferrin when the pair finally managed to stop.

"See that wasn't so bad. Oh and to answer your question, I've been riding my whole life," Jade said with a smile and walked into the forest.

Diria followed and snorted at Cyphrus while passing him. Jade moved her bangs out of her eyes while stepping over logs and roots sticking out of the ground. Turning Jade took her bow and arrow from the yvas on Diria with a soft smile patting the mare.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 11th, 2016, 10:39 pm

Ferrin sighed in relief as he unhooked his shaky hands off Cyprus' reins and slid off of the saddle and landed squarely onto his feet. His legs were even shaking, but not to vividly. That felt wild to him, and almost insane. The riding on the horse felt a bit extreme to the Kenashian, though a lot of people in Cyphrus would usually ride horse. Obviously, the Endrykas and its people do. They're a traveling city and all. Literally. Ferrin also didn't know what to ask more of where Jade had come from. He knew at least enough of it now to understand what Jade and the rest of the Drykas people had to go through. It seemed that living as a Drykas would probably be off a better choice than living in Kenash where there could be an advantage for the enemies to easily reach the agricultural city.

Ferrin sighed once again, and patted the mares neck. "There, there big boy. How'd you feel now that we got those legs stretched out?" Said Ferrin as he gathered his longbow and quiver that was strapped to the saddle quite securely. The horse whinnied in excitement and rubbed its head on Ferrin. And Jade had answered Ferrins previous question. She had been doing it her whole life? It made sense and all. But, wouldn't there be other things to be doing at the traveling city?

"Oh, I see now. It makes sense. Your way better then I am at horseback." Said Ferrin in a more complimentary tone. He walked beside Jade whilst Cyprus strolled alongside Diria through the woods. Cyprus, as well as Diria, both picked their steps carefully through the woods and avoided any fallen logs and large boulders. The usual sort to look out for. As Ferrin clung to his longbow and quiver full of arrows, he hung the quiver around his left shoulder after switching the two with his hands, trying to get situated. "So, Jade what do you plan on hoping to find today?" Asked Ferrin in a light manner.

The quad strolled deeper into the woods, and the air grew more humid and almost wet. "At most, not a bear. Those a dangerous." Commented Ferrin with a smirk across his face. Sure, bears are dangerous and all. But, not as dangerous as a Kriital. Maybe just as so. "So, first lesson with your bow. You'd always want to keep the hand you hold the wood with in the center. Easier to aim your arrow. That is a basic thing. Second, the arrow is a bit tough for beginners. You want it rest the back of the arrow on the string, and its tip along the wood, but you won't want to hold the arrow. Because if you do, the feathers and the un polished wood cut give you a nice cut along your hand."

The two trekked along father and so far nothing. Ferrin looked around and sighed. He turned his head back at the two mares behind them who kept silent for the majority of the conversation between Jade and Ferrin. "Have you spotted anything yet, Jade?" Asked Ferrin as his head faced her slowly. Hopefully, they could get something today.

OOCI don't remember if you had a gauntlet for the bow, so if you do I can edit my post. :)

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on April 13th, 2016, 6:06 pm

Jade stopped the group and dug through her yvas bag. Producing her archers guard first the woman attached the guard on her left arm making sure it was tight yet not constricting. Happy with the feel Jade dug around once more and produced her archers glove. Putting it on posed no challenge it was the getting used to the feel of the glove covering one a few of her fingers on her right hand. After getting outfitted with her archery gear Jade got an arrow notched and ready. Taking a deep breath she began to move forward once more. Watching around her the woman made sure to look for the subtle signs of any animals moving. Looking down Jade stepped on the softer ground that would not make a sound under her weight. The woman winced hearing Ferrin speak once more. She had taken his advice on how to hold her bow and arrow.

"Sshh. We will see nothing if we talk. Watch your movements closely, slow your breathing, and watch the world around you closely," Jade said quietly and continued moving.

Something on the ground caught the young woman's eye. Knelling down the girl looked at the pile of dung on the ground. She grabbed a small stick and poked it. It gave easily allowing the stick to penetrate it. Slowly opening it she saw small hints of red and leaves in it.

"Looks to be herbivore of small size," Jade said quietly and looked around, "this is still fresh."

The woman slowly rose tossing the stick to the side. It was time both of them got serious about the hunt. Tracks and dung meant that fresh game was close hopefully very close by.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 13th, 2016, 11:25 pm

Timestamp:

|| "My Words" || "Your Words" || My Thoughts ||

Cyprus trekked behind Ferrin and slowed his pace even more so whilst the group walked through the more deeper parts of the forest. Jade, suddenly she grown so intense. That her perspective on hunting had almost changed, so it seemed. Ferrin nodded and walked patiently beside her after she had swathed herself with her hunting gear. The Drykas x woman, suddenly picked up a long thin stick and examined a pile of dark colored droppings.

Ferrin cringed at the foul smell. Almost smelled as bad as a Yukeman did. Or could. Since Ferrin hadn't encountered I've yet, but he had heard of stories of them. But, back to reality now, it is not story time.

Jade examined the small amount of droppings that had exhausted from the small animal of which Jade had described to be small and a herbivore. Ferrin thought of it for a moment. Herbivores, some of them can be rabbits. Goats, but those would be near the mountains. Mainly. Unless, there was a difficulty in finding food. Deer, but Jade said something small. And when small and herbivores came to mind, Ferrin thought of rabbit. They are small, and are plant eaters. Obviously.

Ferrin nodded as Jade instructed him to be more precarious and keep out a keen eye to look around for prey. "You be careful as well, Jade. Who knows what could be out during this time of year."If Ferrin could recall, the bears should be waking up soon. Since they mainly hibernate (sleep) throughout the whole of the winter season. Seriously, how long can a being stay dormant for that long? How?

Ferrin pulled out an arrow from his quiver full of different arrows. He knocked in the arrow and held it securely with his two hands. One, at the base of the bow, the frame mainly. And his shooting hand that held the arrow at the string. Unlike Jade, he didn't have any gauntlets or gloves that would ward off the scratching of the string and the arrow after a shot. He'd been hunting for the majority of his life, and suddenly he felt a more sensible feeling of security.

Ferrin kept a look out. Without any luck, Ferrin glanced once at the horses and back at Jade. "Jade, do you see anything yet?"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on April 15th, 2016, 7:04 pm

Jade began their pace once more watching the movements of the leaves. A gentle breeze picked up her hair blowing it to the right gently. Watching closely to the leaves Jade made sure to watch their movements. All should be just slightly rustling while bending towards the right, anything more significant would mean an animal was hidden among the bushes. Jade spotted a few berry bushes.\ walking over she checked what kind. Small and red much like what was in the droppings from before. Most of the bottom and middle berries from the outside had been eaten.

"So many are missing. Most likely a herd or at least two of what ever it is," Jade said quietly and knelled down looking to find the tracks.

Jade finally found small paw prints on the ground. They were shallow which meant perhaps a rabbit or even a fox if they kneel back on their haunches to reach the higher berries. Jade looked around trying to figure out what kind of animal would have left the tracks and droppings. Looking back and thinking of the smell Jade turned her head in all directions. Squirrels and Rabbits made very small droppings. A foxes dropping are larger than the two other creatures. A sudden rustling caught the woman's attention, with a swift steady movement she notched her bow looking straight ahead. Anything that came out would be right in her sights.

Jade pulled back until her arrow was ready to be fired. A fat rabbit hopped out from the bush looking around. The woman stayed very still taking aim before releasing the arrow. Time seemed to slow down as the arrow flew towards the creature. The bunny fell to its side squeaking and trying to move. Jade stood up excited that her arrow hit its target. Walking to the bunny Jade took out her dagger and gently held it down. Saying a soft prayer in pavi Jade cut the rabbit's throat, slowly the kicking stopped.

“Lets see if we can get some more before the end of the day,” Jade said looking at him with a smile and stood up walking over.

She pulled the arrow from the rabbit and tied its feet to the ring on the yvas allowing it to bleed out.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 17th, 2016, 3:13 am

Timestamp:

|| "My Words" || "Your Words" || My Thoughts ||

Ferrin walked beside the Drykas. Who knelt down and examined the berry bush that the group had encountered. Jade leaned over a berry bush. Her blonde hair covered the front of her face. Ferrin figured that the look was endearable. Her hunting senses impressed Ferrin as well. From the last few times that he and Jade went out to hunt, not much was as impressive as now.

That's not a bad thing though. Ferrin felt glad that she knew the basics of hunting. It was less that Ferrin had to teach. The Kenashian smirked a grin over his young and vibrant visage as he steadied the bush beside Jade. "It seems like it. Rabbits perhaps?"Cyprus knickered and whipped his head as if he and Diria were having a conversation. Ferrin nodded back to the horse when he turned his head round to face the stallion. Then back to Jade.

"What do you propose?" The group recontinued the expedition and solemnly stepped through the depths of the forest, step by step. They each left a footprint or two behind them as they walked. A chime or so later. Jade spotted tracks. Which was good because now they would be able to catch some sort of game today.

Pawprints. Ferrin took his leave and examined the rest of the area. Bushes and shrubs mixed with trees and fallen branches filled the region. After awhile of examination and observation. Jade had found and shot something. Ferrin turned as he noticed Jade holding a rabbit with an excited look.

"Yeah, good catch. Maybe there is a burrow somewhere?" Asked Ferrin as he grasped his longbow with the arrow still notched against the string. His left hand begun to sweat by holding onto the bow for quite some time.

Ferrin started walking with Jade following. The two mares behind neighing and shaking their heads. The Kenashian turned round the bush that Jade killed the rabbit. Instantly, there was a clearing over the large bush. A few holes here and there filled the slightly small clearing. Bushes filled the perimeter. The rest was empty. "Hey, look a fox!"Whispered Ferrin excitedly as he pointed across the clearing where a fox was poised and sticking it's head into one of the holes. Fortunately, it hadn't seen the group yet. Cyprus and Diria stood back where Jade found the rabbit. So they weren't in much danger.

Ferrin aimed is bow. He aimed it with an arc that matched the exact yardage of where the fox was. He used his pupils and looked at his curls of his hair to know which way the wind was directed. Just a little blow of a wind. Not much that could harm his shot. He aimed with steady hands and took in a breath. As he exhaled, he let loose of the string. The arrow crossed over the bow and arched over the clearing. The fox winced and whined. But, everything was quiet and still for the time being. "I guess that's game."

The hunter walked towards his kill and pulled out the bloodied arrow. He wiped it on the grass and placed it back into his quiver. It was heavy, the fox. As he lifted it up. Though, he managed as he had muscles to carry the thing. He loaded it over his shoulder. Ferrin was glad that they were getting somewhere. "Well, I think you can catch a few things here. How bout it. Get some more experience with that bow?"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes