[Great Bazaar] Time Calls for Shopping! (Hwyn, Shimoje)

Just a day out to buy some things, and for Ferrin to get new furniture. A little someone pops in.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 21st, 2016, 12:52 am

80th of Spring 516av | The Great Bazaar

|| "Common" || "Pavi" || "Tukant"||"Others Speaking"||

It was bright out during the mid-afternoon time. Ferrin was swathed in his usual attire. The orange cotton shirt, and the cotton pants. Perhaps he should up his style a bit? Maybe. The Kenashian had his sword belted to his waist plopping at his waist as he walked over the stone streets, weathered down by the many days of rain and sleet along with the many footsteps of people walking throughout the city, daily. Ferrin's black curled hair fresh and clean, his blue eyes teal as the color itself. Almost. Ferrin's tanned skin almost matched a sandy hue to it. Shimoje was dressed in his standard as well."Hey Shimoje, thanks for coming out today. I've figured that I should get some new furniture for the apartment."Said Ferrin as he kept his eye on the river of people before him.

Ferrin hadn't really had much else to plan. He'd been given the day off. Usually, he'd waste his money on something at The Rearing Stallion or one of the other local taverns/inns. But, since it was so warm and relieving out. It was such a good enough day to go out and buy some unique furniture that Ferrin can always admire. "So Shimoje. What do you like to do save for wood carving. I know you've been training. What are you training in?" Asked Ferrin as he looked once at Shimoje and once up at the sky. Syna's light shone valiantly over the city of Syliras. Fluffy white clouds painted across the sky and moved slow over the horizon. Slow and steady. The spring air brushed through Ferrin's skin which felt good to the Kenashian. Surely.

The two took another turn. Soon, they were greeted by an indoor building. Filled with booths and kiosks with people advertising and asking for prices on their products. What better place to find the inexpensive things than the Great Bazaar? Surely, Ferrin would be able to find a couch and some good decor. Though, he won't be able to lift the couch himself. Of course. But, he'd wonder if he could get it delivered. "I've been thinking. Paints and definitely furniture. Maybe we can get you a weapon? How does that sound? Shimoje?"

OOCShort, I know. Hopefully it's good enough. Right? Otherwise Shim you can just make sure to add the rest of the details. :)

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 21st, 2016, 2:10 am

A familiar person

“A weapon?” Shimoje had snarled out. He had no idea what sort of device he would formally use as such a thing. In his previous adventures he knew that a weapon would probably be best and would have overall helped things out immensely. Shimoje tried to keep his calm and he took Ferrin’s comment as saying Shimoje hadn’t faired out well in the past. It was the truth but regardless the notion offended him, and his emotions once again flared up in a heated state. It wasn’t very logical either, because deep down he knew that Ferrin was trying to be kind towards him. After stomaching his pride, he took a gulp of air and responded as if his emotions had done a complete turnaround. “Sure, but what would you suggest?” he asked calmly.

Shimoje was walking with Ferrin around the marketplace, hands in his pockets with an empty bag. He wanted to kind of sulk around but he couldn’t ignore the comradery he had developed with Ferrin during his long adventure. He almost felt sorry for the bloke, because he already had intentions of leaving the city behind him, and every memory that it held. He wanted to tell Ferrin of his intentions and possibly convince him to come with him, but he knew that Ferrin had far too much going on inside of the city. He had his knighthood that he was working towards, and of course there was the matter of his involvements as well. It would be far too much to ask. “I need to prepare for something a head as well. I plan on traveling around, and it would be foolish to do such without a weapon and some starting equipment.” He had revealed to Ferrin.

Shimoje had begun letting his facial hair grow. It grew in a considerable length for a 17 year old, and it added to how old he looked despite his real age. Though one thing didn’t change, he still actively shaved his head, and that bald head seemed to just glare under the visage of the sun, it soaking up all of the sun’s heat. He also had a very distinctive tattoo placed upon his head. It bore several markings on each side and managed to look like some sort of abstract route or map, though only Shimoje knew the true meaning of it.

“I could help you with your furniture if need be, but if we can get other help these scrawny arms would appreciate it.” Shimoje actually let out a joke. His roughened look was graced by a mood he hasn’t been able to conjure since he had been with Ferrin. Despite all of the other intentions that Shimoje had plotting through his head, he wanted to be sure he could also manage the trip. He didn’t want to spend a great sum of money, but regardless a fresh start was needed. “Well I love to experiment a lot, as you might know. I wouldn’t mind some tools to further my studies and then there is the fact that I have experience in metalcrafting and drawing.” He wasn’t trying to boast in the least. He learned pretty quick from a mage that you shouldn’t. Some things were best left a secret.

As they were walking through the Bazaar looking for merchants that might hold what they were looking for Shimoje spotted someone familiar to him dashing through, and a rather wry smile crossed his face. “Hey I think I know that person. Care for another run, friend?” Shimoje quickly dashed towards the person he saw in the distance. He weaved his way back and forth through the crowd and nearly tripped on some cloth a merchant had on display folded up nicely. At least it was folded nicely until now. A shout from the merchant followed by some disgruntled words that shouldn’t be spoken was heard. Regardless, Shimoje continued on almost finding it funny that he had tripped. He wanted to get to the person he saw.

Speech Thoughts

Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on April 21st, 2016, 2:45 pm

The warm weather and pleasant atmosphere had managed to drag Hwyn out of his apartment and towards the Bazaar where given time he liked to spend his mornings. It really wasn't to terrible a day out for shopping, the smells of various pastries and other sweets wafted through the air and mingled with the sounds of so many merchants hawking their wares. Yawning Hwyn lazily strolled through the bazaar enjoying the slow pace of the morning.

Eyeing a stall that sold beatification products for one's hair and skin Hwyn considered shelling out a few Miza for a new lotion that was supposedly imported from Zeltiva. The exorbitant price that came with the import was a fairly strong deterrent though. The next stall sold various trinkets, including ear piercings, Hwyn had considered having the little procedure done before but he could never bring himself to let someone poke holes in him, no matter how tiny. The stall had several pretty rings and necklaces as well, a couple even inlaid with some of the more common gemstones. The thief in Hwyn wanted to reach out and snag a couple of the baubles but he managed to restrain himself for the time being.

As Hwyn was going from stall to stall his revelry was disturbed by what appeared to be a man running full tilt at him, replete with a beard and head tattoos coming together that Hwyn knew well enough that such an individual was trouble. When hwyn realized that the man wasn't just running but running at him he jumped like a cat startled awake turned about and took off in the opposite direction.

Hanging a sharp right, Hwyn turned between two stalls and spotting a stall with a long cloth over it Hwyn dived under the stall seeking refuge from his pursuer Luckily his antics had been successful thinks to the distraction provided by the running man. Hopefully Hwyn would just have apologize to a shopkeeper at the end of this for hiding under his table.

But who could it be that was pursuing Hwyn? The man was bald headed and tattooed and bearded, but... familiar. The bald head was... Shimojie! Hwyn did know Him. But why was he chasing so vigorously? Hrmm to come out of hiding or stay put. That was now the question.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 21st, 2016, 5:50 pm

Timestamp | Location

|| "Common" || "Pavi" || "Tukant"||"Others Speaking"||

"Hey Shimoje!" Said Feras he waved his hands in front of him exuberantly. Hed to the Gods that Shimoje would understand if he ever looked behind him, but that would be just as bad as running into the crowd. If the bald headed man would ever look back. He would possibly trip and that would not be so good. Shimoje, Ferrin didn't know what to make of the bald headed man yet.

Even though he'd known him for days now. Surely, there must be something more about this Zeltivan. Surely. Ferrin looked around and observed what was around him. Stalls, booths. Many trinkets and jewelry. Lotions and potions. Swords and Shields. Sure. Maybe Ferrin could teach Shimoje how to use a sword? Maybe a broadsword? Perhaps. Unless, Shimoje has another weapon in mind. Ferrin passed another stall that contained of carved pieces; animals; wagons, trees. Anything. Well, anything that the carver creates.

"Hey, Shimoje. What's going on?"Asked Ferrin wearly as he jogged alongside Shimoje. He'd finally gotten near him. Shimoje seemed to have slowed his pace. Ferrin looked through the river of people that surrounded him. The Kenashian hadn't seen anyone familiar... to him."What is it, Shimoje?"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 22nd, 2016, 12:04 am

Shimoje was darting through the crowds rather fast, and soon enough Ferrin was there as well. The two looked like they may have been running from something rather than to, but Shimoje had his eyes on his target. Well he did. He lost the little guy somewhere over… there! He was now at a walk and slapped his hard breathing chest as he headed towards none other than Hwyn.

The two had met some time ago, and Shimoje despite all of his changes was almost excited to see him again. “Well, I thought I saw an old friend.” Shimoje said as he walked, still patting his chest and exhaling in exhaustion. “Come out you little bugger. Have you not seen me in so long you don’t recognize me? I saw you go off and hide somewhere!” He yelled through the marketplace and drew over even more attention. As if running in the great bazaar was not enough attention as was. Luckily, Ferrin was by his side otherwise the tattooed bald headed weirdo may have been picked up by guards for being reckless.

It wasn’t long before Shimoje reached to where he thought Hwyn was, and he turned over to Ferrin and said “Well, how about those tracker skills? Hasn’t killing all of these wolves…” Shimoje patted on his silver wolf coat that wrapped around him “given you a good sense of smell yet?” He had partially joked, but beyond all the kidding, Shimoje knew it wasn’t really possible. “Come on out, Hwyn, I just wanted for us to shop together!” Shimoje reassured the younger one with promises that were probably just a lie, because a twinkle shined in his eye and a smirk emitted from his face. Though, there was no real way to tell the truth.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on April 26th, 2016, 11:49 am

Cowed Hwyn came out from his cover looking sheepish.

"Sorry Shimo, kinda thought you were anyone but someone I knew... Uhm, speaking of that can we stand almost anywhere but here, people are uhmm, starting to stare."

Disliking the undue attention brought on by the crowd that Shimoje's antics had brought on Hwyn was in favor of finding somewhere to get out of the publics eye for a brief moment. Looking from Shimoje to the man behind him Hwyn's face fell a little, the man behind him was of the order, or in short a possible enemy of Hwyn's. Hopefully not, but not all of the order were so lenient with urchins, as they liked to call Hwyn.

"What say we uhm, get some refreshments? that'd be fun right?"

Turning on his heel Hwyn scanned for somewhere that was less out in the open than their current location, his mild nerve probably showing in the current environment, He wasn't wearing any disguises today merely a tunic and breeches so the fact that he was likely male wasn't too hard to tell for anyone who'd bother to stare, which was a pain cause he didn't like the idea of being identified.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 28th, 2016, 12:11 am

"Speech" -- Timestamp -- Thoughts

Ferrin gathered his breaths and as well as his thoughts of to and why they had chased after this boy... he was young for his age and Ferrin was quite unsure who he was. Ferrin hadn't known this boy before and as he realized, their were people who solemnly looked over at them. With shimoje's exuberant activity and his near barbaric chase didn't really embarrass him quite yet, though with all these looks and Shimoje's chase, followed by the so many apologies that Ferrin had to give made the Kenashian feel a bit nervous. "Yes, I won't mind leaving. This place is to busy to draw attention from. Perhaps elsewhere. Young boy? Whats your name? Hwyn right?" Asked Ferrin, he didn't really understand Shimoje as he mentioned the boy much, and he had had difficulty hearing the man.

Refreshments, yes. That sounded fine to him. Ferrin figured that surely, all of that running made him feel parched. "Well, young boy. Where do you usually find yourself at? Your probably a bit to young for the Rearing Stallion, though it wouldn't hurt to get something to eat and drink there. Or whatever you had in mind..." Ferrin almost felt childish himself. He knew that taking this young boy to a tavern like the Rearing Stallion could end up a disaster almost for the boy. The Kenashian didn't want have the boy harmed when the boy would be partially in his care. "Somewhere safe."

Credits go to Aislyn

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 28th, 2016, 8:46 pm

Shimoje seemed to relish in the attention. He really didn’t mind it, and it wasn’t as frowned upon like it would be in the much more civilized city of Zeltiva. “Oh, no – we must participate in some shopping.” Shimoje spoke in a weird manner that would probably share an inside joke with Hwyn. Despite his emotions being scrambled up and a bit confused. Seeing the young boy seemed to liven him up. “Besides, you two are safe with me. Who would dare to touch such a weird group of people!” He let out a sly smile and ushered Hwyn to follow the two. He however, did notice that Hwyn seemed to not be trusting of the squire.

“Don’t worry, Hwyn this is Ferrin, and Ferrin this is Hwyn. You are both friends to me, so should we at least try to make this a joyous occasion? I don’t think I can take much more conflict in this city.”
Shimoje said seriously. Both Hwyn and Ferrin might understand what he spoke of, both in separate events that might be unrelated.

“Speaking of, I suppose it is time to pick up some gear and weapons for the trip. Also Hwyn, I am sure you might like some new fancy clothes!” Shimoje tried to pique the interest of the young one. They were only a few years separated by age, but Shimoje was far much more mature than what his age had allowed. Being a child in Zeltiva is a tough situation which is spent with many of their young years learning at a school house and being disciplined to be civilized.

“And what of your furniture, Ferrin?” Shimoje asked openly, “Won’t Jade be mad at you if you are not to treat her to some new …” Shimoje stopped speaking almost immediately when something strange caught his eye. A group of stragglers were arguing about who would purchase these set of daggers which seemed to be fairly well crafted. They had a very slick look to them, they seemed to share a sheath and together formed a sort of club. The thick wooden handles didn’t have much detail to them, but that is something shimoje could clearly fix.

Shimoje was quick to arrive on the scene. While the group of people were arguing he went over to the merchant and took out some money. At first he only pulled out 15 Gold pieces, but the merchant disagreed and firmly stated that they worth 20. With a rather sneaky slip and exchange of money Shimoje bought the daggers right from under their noses. The merchant didn’t care much for who bought the blades, but that it was just sold. Shimoje walked away feeling triumphant and with a pride he went back towards Hwyn and Ferrin.

After a few arguments the group noticed that the blades were gone and the merchant tried to explain nicely that some bald headed man with tattoos and a wolf pelt purchased them. The merchant was quick to sell out his customer, and luckily for Shimoje he was already gone. Hopefully the group would not try and look for him while he was there, but Shimoje was unaware that it would effect them in such a manner. “Oh, Hwyn. Might you have any suggestions for some clothes for me as well?”

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on May 9th, 2016, 2:48 pm

Not really taking to the squire even in light of Shimoje's apparent familiarity. He did however nod In response to the question as to what his name was. Beyond that Hwyn's behavior was subdued. He didn't care for being called "young boy" too much, it felt condescending when it came from a knight. Not that he was going to let his irritation show. '

Hwyn squinted at Shimoje at the mention of clothing however. That was weak point, new clothing was always fun, and the thought of more spring apparel was always intriguing. That said As Hwyn watched Shimoje shop he felt a mild concern for the man's general aloofness to the others around him He was going to get himself hurt if he continued being so careless.

“Oh, Hwyn. Might you have any suggestions for some clothes for me as well?”

"Well Shimoje, if you force my hand, I guess I could help out a little bit. But only if you don;t try anything sneaky with the seamstresses."

Taking Shimoje By the hand Hwyn set out for the stalls that dealt with clothing.

looking over his shoulder Hwyn looked over the Squire that they had acquired, he didn't seem to have any ill intentions so maybe it wouldn't hurt.

"And uhm.. mister... Ferrin? If you need any help shopping as well I might be able to lend a hand.. If you want it that is."

The clothing stalls where in sight within a minutes walk. Gazing over the more colorful stalls for women Hwyn tore his eyes away and instead pulled Shimoje towards. the leathers and more drab men's clothing that was more utilitarian in nature. Heavy thick woolen breaches to fibrous white shirts for sailors.

"what kind of clothing where you looking for Shimoje? And what for, cause different things are better suited to different goals. Unless you just want something more basic?"

Getting into the mode he preferred Hwyn began looking over all the clothing. His knack for disguise had allowed him a fair amount of insight into clothing.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on May 31st, 2016, 3:16 am

Title and Date

Ferrin smiled a warm smile at Hwyn and his kind generous offer with assisting Shimoje and his shopping. Ferrin on the other hand, needed to find his way around to whatever furniture he could possibly discover. He needed to bug Jade an extra bed, and get it delivered in soon. He didn't know how swift the men could ever so do such a thing, but it was always worth a shot. Possibly, the boy named Hwyn looked behind. Offering Ferrin a hand as well. Ferrin blushed.

It wasn't embarrassing, no. That he was being asked to help by a boy. It was the fact, that, he wanted to help the Kenashian find htheir way around this crazy market. Ferrin hadn't been to this place much, he'd know where to go for weapons and the small stuff. But, he didn't spend much time here in the first place to ever know where to get the big things. It was that portion, that was embarrassing Ferrin.

"I'm actually looking for furniture." Said Ferrin cordially as he trailed fairly close behind the two. His partially keen eyes scanning the market around him as they all walked over to the stalls that supported clothing. Ferrin needed some new clothes as well. Wearing ragged clothes that scarred his appearance didn't look good on him anymore. And Ferrin didn't realize till now actually. That he was wearing clothes with small tears and cuts. When he was a kid, his mother would do her best to stray him from playing to rough. She said clothes were hard to get in his size as a kid. Ferrin couldn't be to sure if she was being serious or funny. He hoped the second option more so than the first. But, that didn't matter now. Ferrin is an adult.

"I could use some clothes as well. Say Hwyn. Do you need new clothing? I won't mind purchasing you some. Don't worry. I have plenty coin." He said with a cheerful smile. Ready to purchase whatever he can and get out of this hectic market. The barterer looked up from his clothing stall. "Aye, what can I do for you lot today. You see what you like yet?"

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes