Closed A Seeking of the Blood[Irathia, Ferrin]

An expedition sets out to find some yukmen.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Seeking of the Blood[Irathia, Ferrin]

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 2nd, 2016, 2:44 pm

89 Spring 516

Clyde stood a short distance outside one of the gates of Syliras, waiting.

Waiting wasn't something he enjoyed doing, and so when he did do it he did so impatiently.

Of course, he was partially to blame, and he had conjured up the expedition, and had come out early to the agreed meeting spot. He wasn't even sure who he was meeting, just that two squires were coming along to follow his lead on the expedition.

He had an idea, a somewhat weird one, for a Magecrafting device. In order to make it, he would need some material from a yukman. While the knighthood had shown some interest in the item, they weren't willing to track down and obtain the desired materials to make it, which meant he had to do so himself.

Using his contacts he had sent a request to the knighthood requesting a few squires to aid him in said endeavor. After all, he was a mage, not a combat adept squire used to swinging steel. He smiled to himself at the thought, and its irony.

He was also pretty sure one of the squires was to be delivering some intelligence, some info on where some yukmen had been sighted nearby in the bronze woods. He wasn't sure however how far it would be, so he had brought his supplies for an overnight stay in the woods.

His personal tent, a bedroll, along with some simple glyphing supplies were carried in his backpack. Along with that he had bought six days of simple trail rations for them, enough for each to eat two days. He didn't expect their trip to last longer than that.

He also had a single hammer, and had bought some thick oiled butchers paper, for use in storing his... Items of yukmen. There was also a glass vial or two, for use in storing some yukmen blood.

Along with that he had Rye at his side, his trained guard dog that stared about with his unusual red eyes, Cha his ever present companion and staff in his hand, and a new set of cotton robes across his chest.

Cha was the identifying mark, an unusual blue staff tended to draw notice. He had simply told the contact, which had told the squires in turn, to look for the man in robes and with a blue staff in hand, outside the north gates of Syliras at 8th bell.

purchases :
Trail rations (5sm each) X 6 = 3 gm
Robes, Cotton (1gm 2sm 5cm)
Parchment (2 sm each) X 4 = 8 sm

Total: 5 gm 5 cm
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on May 2nd, 2016, 6:02 pm

Timestamp:

Ferrin had overheard some Knights and Squires converse about a hunting expedition for yukemen materials. Ferrin had gotten curious if this expedition. Early in the morning, Ferrin got up, as he awoke with a stretch and a yawn. He turned his body over and had seen Jade asleep. Ferrin had been getting quite used to sleeping on top of a floor. Though, most of his slumber had rested upon a few bedrolls and pillows. His back was stiff, yet again and time recontinued itself as Ferrin risen slowly.

He smiled over at Jade and sighed. He had hoped to stay home today, but the day before he had been mentioned of a hunting trip. One obviously, with a stranger and another Squire. Ferrin felt a wee bit honoured of how few choices have been made between all of the other squires who'd taken an oath to serve The Order.

Ferrin stood up as he rolled over and pushed with his arms upwards. The wood creaked beneath him as he slowly stood up with another stretch. Carefully, he walked over to his supplies that he had purchased later in the month. He knew that he'll need to purchase some rations for the travel later on. He didn't know how long it'd take, but it was always good to come prepared.

Later in the morning.

Ferrin purchased rations enough for a week. Be had brought Cyprus, his dark black and grey Zavian with. Ferrin strapped the bedrolls, his pack, longbow, quiver, and his tent all about Cyprus. Ready to tackle the rest of the morning. Ferrin had his shirt broadsword strapped to its sheath, and he'd managed to swathe himself with a suit if leather armor for protection from the Training Grounds. The middle of the breast plate contained of the Windoak. The symbol of the Order.

Ferrin saddled up on Cyprus and he clicked his heels against the Zavians' sides. The Kenashian was ready to go and get the day moving. He knee what layed before him, and hopefully the days of training had prepared him of this.

The two neared the Gates and noticed a man swathed in his own attire whom wielded a staff of some sort and a guard dog at his side. Ferrin was curious to who this fellow was and he didn't want to create any of the bad trends with this man. He looked menacing, especially with the guard dog with those red glowing eyes. Ferrin almost felt intimidated, but he didn't let it show. All Ferrin knew was that this man had needed assistance, and that is what Ferrin can offer."Your that fellow with the yukemen expedition right? I'll be one of the Squires assisting you with this... hunt. The names Ferrin. "

He slowed his horse to a halt and eyed Clyde carefully. He scanned him up and down, but with only his eyes. " Pleasure to meet you. " Was all he said as he neared the man before them. Ferrin hoped all ends meet well.

Ledger :
Rations (.5sm each) X4= 2gm

My Words Others Words My Thoughts

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Irathia on May 4th, 2016, 12:29 am

Irathia walked through the streets of Syliras, she just left the store, with some rations in a sack that was slung over her back... Earlier in the day Sera Ravonai hired her to go on a hunt with a man wishing to slay Yukmen... She has killed the disturbing creatures before, in a very... Poor situation occurred. Sera Ravonai said it would help her get all the troubles that have been following her this entire season away from her.

She wasn't quite sure what to think of this hunt quite yet... She has hunted before Yukmen before, though this was quite easy as they weren't that hard to find. They were near the road for gods sake and they made quite the racket on a ransacked wagon, banging on wood and metal... Very obvious, if she was honest with herself.

Later, Irathia noticed a man in a robes with a blue staff, the depiction of the client that was given when Sera Ravonai sent her off to get rations. Irathia hurried her step, trying to get to the man and the squire, she felt like she was late based on how the men stood. She gave a long wave as she smiled slightly. "Hello! My name is Squire Irathia." She said, as she placed the bag of rations on the ground. "I believe you are the man that requested squires to assist in a hunt?" She said, smiling.

Ledger :
Rations (.5 sm) x4= 2 gm
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 6th, 2016, 9:28 pm

Clyde had been required to shush Rye several times while he waited. Rye was a good guard dog, good at alerting him to threats, but on the busy road outside of Syliras he had been a bit overstimulated. After announcing the third knight patrol with a low growl, Clyde had thoroughly shushed him and gotten him to quiet down.

By the time the squires arrived he was sitting quietly at his side.

Clyde let out a sigh as the first squire arrived, on a horse no less. Clyde rolled his eyes as the squire neared, keeping his face passive as the knight in training announced his name in greeting. Though he was a bit perplexed by his pronunciation of the creatures name with a yuke instead of a yuk. Anyone who had met one wouldn't make that mistake, as the yuk sound was what they were so well known for.

“Indeed, I'm the one leading the expedition for some Yukmen. I'm Clyde, Clyde Sullins. You can go ahead and dismount by the way. I've not got a horse, and I have no plan to trot along after you all day while you ride. We can walk together.”

While he was still talking to the first squire, the second one appeared, this one a female with a somewhat odd appearance, or at least a somewhat non-human one. Clyde had worked with enough non-humans to not really care as long as the job got done, and didn't stare or act surprised at her appearance. He was glad to see she wasn't also riding a horse, since it made it much easier to not be the only one who hadn't brought one.

When he repeated her name he said it quickly, and seemed to say her name well enough, but was perhaps pronouncing it incorrectly, or if nothing else giving verbal focus to the wrong bits of the name. Of course this was perhaps overshadowed by his promptly forgetting the first squires name, and crudely attempting to hide this fact.

“Hello Eye-Wrath-see-Yah.”

“Yes, as I was just telling.... This other squire... I am Clyde. Clyde Sullins. I'm leading the expedition for some Yukmen. Before we set out, perhaps you could each tell me where your main skills lie as it pertains to a fight. If I know what you can do, I'll know better how to arrange you.”

“I for instance prefer to use my staff here, and am decent with the length of wood. I've also been known to favor a hammer now and then, which I've also brought along, though I'm not nearly so skilled with their use.”

“Also which one of you was carrying the information on the location of the Yukmen? Once we've got the basics sorted out we can set off.”
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on May 7th, 2016, 3:01 am

Timestamp:

Ferrin relinquished a quizzical glance towards Clyde to why he should dismount. Ferrin almost objected, but he bit his tongue. He had let go once the blood seeped down his throat. He patted Cyprus on the neck and the horse whinnied. Ferrin was cautious of this man yet. What did he need for this Yukmen stuff? Why does he need to chase those uncivilized creatures anyways? Ferrin nodded solemnly and dismounted Cyprus. The Kenashian held the reins with one of his hands.

"Aye, I see what your asking. You don't mind if he tags along though, right?"Asjed Ferrin precariously. If their was someone in this group from the looks of it, that he could trust; it would be Cyprus. From the looks of it. Although, this other squire whom had come in Ferrin had barely known her. Irathia. He didn't know what this woman can and can not do. Obviously, neither did this man... Clyde.

As Clyde introduced himself to Irathia. It either appeared to Ferrin that Clyde had intentionally forgotten his name, or probably misheard Ferrin speak in general specification. It also seemed, that Clyde enjoyed to gather the attention onto himself. Ferrin held back a scoff and in return let out a slight smile and a nod towards Irathia. "Pleasure, to meet you. I'm Ferrin, by the way. (Fair-rin)"Said the Kenashian with anither nod towards Clyde, hopefully he'll get his name soon. Ferrin didn't want to spend all night teaching this fellow how to say his name. It's not that challenging, but Ferrin can understand if Clyde doesn't speak the human tongue very well.

To arrange them? Sure. Ferrin thought about it a moment. He bad his short broadsword sheathed at his side. His shield strapped to his left arm. He wore leather hunting gear. And he had his longbow and quiver strapped round the saddle on Cyprus. "I've been hunting before. I'm not the best shot, but I'm better than nothing. I've got my sword and shield here at the ready as well. I'm pretty experienced with the sword, that is for sure." Said Ferrin matter of factly.

So Clyde knows magic then? The Kenashian had met only a small handful of people who wielded the magic. That he'd known of. Ferrin didn't know how much the staff is going to benefit his casting, but Ferrin is giving the man in robes the benefit of the doubt and tabbing him to make sure to not be on his side of bad. "I am not quite sure of the corridnates of the Yukmen. I've never hunted Yukmen before... I am unsure."Said Ferrin as he dipped his head down in dismay, but quickly leveled it up to keep it steady with Clyde. Maybe Irathia would know of these Yukmen species?

Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on May 17th, 2016, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Irathia on May 9th, 2016, 2:58 am

Irathia gave a small wave to Ferrin, she smiled slightly, ignoring the sad attempt at her (What she thought at least) simple name. Eye-wrath-E-ah is not that hard to pronounce after all... She was getting needlessly frustrated, she wasn't sure why exactly. She guessed it was just due to how he seemed to compose himself... Irathia shook her head slightly, clearing it to hear the last part of Clyde's skill set.

She let Ferrin speak through his skills before she cleared her throat and opened her mouth. "I know how to use the hammers the best, I know the spear a tiny bit but decided to leave that behind, sense I am not good with it quite yet... I know how to live in the wilderness as well, not well but enough to get by." Irathia said, thinking of her skills. "I have fought and killed Yukmen in the past, but I have never hunted them before." Irathia said.

She decided to leave out her condition, she didn't want them to worry about her and her going berserk. If anything it might help with the monster killing aspect, if she needed it of course... And if she was angry enough... Also there is the fact that she needed to get in control of herself... Over all she felt like it was a terrible idea to tell them about it.
Irathia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 14th, 2016, 3:33 pm

Clyde shrugged in response to the first question, not really caring where the horse went as long as it didn't get in the way.

“Drag it along as a pack horse if you want, or something such, but we'll be going on foot.”

He listened a bit more closely as the squires told of their fighting capabilities. The first, the male squire, was using the traditional sword and shield. He also seemed to have some skill with a bow, but not too much. A close range fighter as a focus, with some skill at ranged.

He however went on to say that he didn't know anything about the Yukmen. By process of elimination he assumed then that the female squire had been the one to be given the intelligence on the whereabouts of the yukmen. However when she next spoke she didn't touch on the subject, something that annoyed Clyde a bit.

They couldn't set out until they knew where they were going after all.

What she did speak on was combat. She used a hammer, same as Clyde, and also a spear. Clearly though she wasn't too skilled with the latter, as she'd not even bothered to bring one along.

She had been in combat with their prey before, something he assumed the other squire hadn't done. A plus on her side. Knowing ones enemy was the first step to understanding and defeating them.

Speaking to the female squire, Clyde continued on with his questioning.

“Well, I'm glad to know you've faced them before. I have also. I assume then you are the one with the intelligence from your knight on where the yukmen were seen, as the other squire said he didn't know? Once we know where to go, we can head out. Also does anyone have anything else to say or ask before we get going? We can talk while we walk of course, but anything before we get going?”

OOC note: What did Clyde say that implied he was a magic user? I'm not really aware of anything he's said so far that would imply as such.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on May 17th, 2016, 3:36 am

Timestamp:

oocSorry about those grammatical errors was typing a bit to fast. I actually made myself laugh as I reread that last post. And with the magic stuff of what Clyde said. I think it was when he was talking about his staff. Which could ICly interpret as magic users, or a guy who might need it for a walking stick no offense. Sorry for the late reply. Been real busy with school and fam lately.

Ferrin gave a hard stare at Clyde. He didn't like this Clyde much. In fact, Ferrin almost felt like insulting him personally, but kept the latter to himself as he didn't want to make things awkward. It appeared to Ferrin, that this Clyde might have difficulty either pronunciation of names, or he just does it to set Ferrin or others off edge. The Kenashian scoffed and brushed the dirt beneath him with his right boot. He mumbled quietly to himself almost like a selfish ignorant little child who couldn't get their candy.

So, after Ferrin kept silent. Irathia explained of where her skills lie. It was not much of a variety. Though, Ferrin hadn't been training in other weapons much either. He just changed his neck, it made a popping sound, but it was relieving to Ferrin as he let out a sigh of relief. Ferrin gazed at the staff as he clung one of his hands to Cyprus' reins. It was an unusual thing for Ferrin to see, he's seen them before.

He can't remember where he had ever seen them, but anyways. It looked more like a walking stick than a weapon. Though, as Ferrin took another look at Clyde's mace as he said earlier, that Clyde was pretty fair with it. He arched a brow and lowered his head down at the staff and scanned it quizzically.

With another sigh, though this one with discontent. He eyed Clyde carefully. "I have a question. It appears to me that this staff isn't some old walking stick you got. If you have a weapon for combat, why carry something like that?" Ferrin asked with a sigh as he alternated his view from Clyde to the staff. After the response given, Ferrin would go ahead and tug on the reins of the horse and would keep moving. "Also, why do you need material from these Yukmen? Can't you just purcahse something from one of the tradesman at the Great Bazaar?"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Irathia on May 28th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Irathia just stared at Ferrin as he asked about Clyde's staff. She really didn't care if it was just a stick the man found at the side of the road and decided to walk around with it or not. She thought for a tiny bit, and she snapped her fingers slightly when she remembered the location of where the Yukmen were sighted... It was up the north Kabrin road, about where Pavi lake can be seen, and then they need to turn east into the bronze woods... She understood only about half of those directions.

She cleared her throat, "So I have the information for where the Yukmen are located, it is up the North Kabrin road, about to pavi lake, where ever that is, and then east ward into the woods." She said, smiling, her pointed teeth exposed. "Of course I am not sure where this Pavi Lake is, as I am not that familiar with the region of Syliras quite yet." She shrugged slightly as she spoke. "Also I agree with Ferrin, why can't you just buy yukmen bits inside a store? I am sure one of them must have what you need."

OOC :
Sorry for the short post and the long wait. I struggled a tiny bit making this post. If you need me to change it just shoot me a PM.
Irathia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 5th, 2016, 3:20 pm

Clyde let out a slow sigh as the squires complained and brought up various points they likely felt were quite profound and needed addressing.

He found that a bit odd, since from his understanding of the knighthood squires were expected to follow orders and not question their superiors. Here they were though on a knight sanctioned mission, aided to him to assist, and they asked nothing but endless questions and brought up issues that didn't exist.

Such was the weight of leadership, Clyde pondered to himself inwardly. He didn't let his annoyance show, didn't show such weakness as he knew that would give his underlings the upper hand and perhaps make themselves think they could take charge.

Clearly he could see he would have to clear up a few issues, and then make it clear that he knew more than they in regards to the mission and its purposes.

“A staff is a weapon for combat, if used right. Not everyone swings around steel, or shoots arrows. A staff is a simple weapon yes, but maybe I don't want to kill everyone I swing it at. Hammers and swords are fine and all, and you are both training to be knights, so you need weapons that can kill. But have you ever tried to swing a sword at a person, and get a good hit in, and not kill them? I can smack someone good with this, and make them think twice about fighting, and still have them walking around the next day. Can you say the same?”

“Every weapon has its purpose squireling, perhaps you should consider that before belittling mine. You wouldn't use a sword like an arrow, and I don't use my staff like a sword. It suits my purposes.”

Going on to the question of the Yukmen, Clyde did let an annoyed glare leak out, at the foolish question the squire had asked.

“And no, I petching can't just buy it from a trader. What kind of shops have you been going to, that they sell bits and bobs of yukmen and such in the bazaar? Its not something commonly sold. And who knows what condition it would be in, how old it it, how it was gathered, if its actually just fish meat rubbed in dirt, or any other number of issues.”

“The reasons I need materials from yukmen are mine. The knighthood lent me the two of you to aid me, because they found value in my mission and wanted it to succeed. If they didn't feel the need to inform you of the minute details of my purpose, then why should I? I assure you if they didn't see the need of my mission, they wouldn't have sent you to help now would they? Clearly if I could just go buy what I needed, the knighthood wouldn't have sent me aid, and would have told me to go jump in a lake when I asked.”

“Do you question your knights before missions like you are me? I can't think that they'd take it well if you do. All you need to know is I need materials from yukmen, fresh and in good condition, and I need to be on sight to see how they are procured, and that the knighthood approves of my mission.”

Once the female squire told him the vague directions, Clyde nodded, taking a moment to get his bearings. He had a vague idea where the lake in question was, as he'd studied some maps which listed major landmarks. It wasn't a big entry on his map of Sylira, but it was noted, and he'd just looked at the map before leaving his home.

“Fine then. We'll head up the north road, and when we get in the area we'll cut off into the woods and such to the east. As long as we get in the right general area we should be fine, Yukmen tend to be noisy. Thats up near the mines isn't it? Though perhaps not quite that far north...”

Since Clyde's father had at times worked in the mines, having been a metalsmith, he was a bit more familiar with that particular area.

“Well, if that is all, we can start off and get going north. Everyone ready?”

Clyde would give the two a moment to ask any further questions should there be any, and perhaps answer them if he felt the need, before heading off at a steady pace.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next