[ Winter] A lone wolf in town [Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Adder on December 26th, 2010, 5:22 pm

60 Winter 510 AV

Winter had set in. Sunberth's roofs were heavy with the fallen snow and ice. It's denizens went about their obscure businesses and hurried back home to find solace in the warmth of their lodgings and family. The streets were a mixture of frozen mud and trash and a filthy goo resulting from passing feet and carriadges. It clung to Adder's heels and trousers.
Being half Dhani made him dislike the cold and he found he wasn't quite as agile as he normally would be. With a sigh and puffs of breath he drew his cloak closer around him. The moon was looming high overhead, a gleeming white sickle in a clear star dotted sky. To the west Adder saw the burning pyre of Sunberth slag heap. It's smoke cringled skyward.

Rayne took his normal route home though he found the location rather unalluring. This was not a night to spend alone, but seeing as he didn't want to pay for company he'd seek out his literary friends and heroes. And he knew he still had that stolen bottle of brandy on his table.

The snow in the small street here was still fresh and made cracking sounds under his boots. He cursed the cold and hurried forth. What the hell is that? - he thought. Small footprints dotted the white snowy canvas. Animal footprints. Canine footprints, but too large to be from a city mongrel. They led to an alleyway and he could vaguely hear a crunching sound...
Curious as he was, Adder snuck closer to inspect.

Consternation befell him as he discovered it was a wolf in the alley. It was eating something which he thought was a rat, hence the crunching sound. Rapidly Rayne's hand flew to his dirk. Wolves! Here in the city? Sunberth had no walls so there was no telling how this beast had gotten in.

The wolf growled and turned around, bearing its fangs. Adder's look turned grim and he was about to pull out his dirk to fend of the creature should it attack. Blood mixed with salive dribled from its mouth...
Easy now
Last edited by Adder on December 29th, 2010, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things right!
Adder
a viper in the sand

Words: 35790
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2010, 1:49 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Emilie Jongblood on December 26th, 2010, 5:42 pm

Emilie continued to growl as the stranger approached. White foam began to form around her mouth, and her tail stuck straight up as a sign off domanace. She took a step forward noticing his hand moving and figured he was trying to grab a weapon. Emilie snarled warning him to keep his hands out.

Emilie remembered she had her dagger next to her. She changed into her human form and grabbed it. She immeaditly began to shiver as the brisk cold touched her pale, bare skin. Goosebumbs ran across her intire body, and white whisps of breath escaped her lips as she breathed heavily. She tried to hold her dagger still. Emilie's ice blue eyes focused on him with a threatning gaze wondering what he would do.
Emilie Jongblood
I will fill your soul with fear..

Words: 23358
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2010, 4:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Adder on December 26th, 2010, 6:12 pm

Adder's brows raised and he frowned. The wolves fur retreated, it's paws and claws transformed and after the changeling process, it couldn't have lasted longer than half a minute, a young woman stood before him. Her full lips were stained red from the fresh kill she had made. Blood also covered her chin and a part of her slender neck.
She was holding a dagger... and that was it...

The moonlight let her bade in a bleek light, her pale naked skin was quickly covered with goosebumbs now they lacked the warmth of the wolf's fur and the young woman began to shiver. Though her eyes spoke of being ready to fight he was certain she couldn't be a match for him like this. Not while almost freezing to death. A wolf might prove a formidable advisary for the mercenary, however... She 'did' hold a dagger.

Adder's golden eyes reflected the moonlight and looked into her sapphires. His vertical pupils were fully dialated and he tilted his head. He realised he was just dumbly staring at her, following the lines and curves of her silk skin.

Rayne forced himself to snap out of it. "In the name of!" He gasped.
"What are you doing? This is Sunberth and... and you're naked!" Adder said incredulously. Quickly he unclasped his cloak and bridged the distance between them. Carefully he put the piece of heavy cloth around her shoulders.
"Here, take this. You can't just go running around town as naked as a baby's buttox" He had to grin at the situation. She must be one of those Kelvic's people talk about, shapeshifters.

"I see you're hungry..." he stated and eyed the carcass. Recognising a related soul, someone who was 'different' as well he said: "I have some food at home. I..., I don't live too far from here."
He let his eyes wander her figure again. "And a set of clothes."

Squinting his eyes, Adder awaited her reply.
Adder
a viper in the sand

Character sheet

Postby Emilie Jongblood on December 26th, 2010, 6:28 pm

Emilie cowered away a little when he placed his cloak around her. She didn't like the way he looked over her body. Kelvics were used to being naked, but other specimens wernt, and she hated that.

There was somthing peculiar about this man. Emilie couldn't lay her finger on it, but there was deffinatly somthing she didn't like about him. "Take me there," She spoke with a hushed tone. Taking this offer, Emilie knew, was the only way to get food and warmth. Her body was weary from her travels and she needed a place to rest, and this man was the only man to offer her anythig.

Emilie's good eye wandered as she gazed at him. He was good looking indeed, but underneth those good looks, she felt there was somthing more. That somthing didn't make Emilie feel very safe.
Emilie Jongblood

Character sheet

Postby Adder on December 26th, 2010, 7:37 pm

"Take me there" She said on a hushed tone.

That was all encouragement he needed. Adder Rayne picked up the bag lying against a cracked lime wall and slung it over his shoulder.
"Well then, let's get going" Rayne said on a neutral tone and gently took her by hand. A thought was forming in his mind. A darker thought. She should fetch a nice price on the market, Chubs or Tiandra will pay nicely for a Kelvic. Besides the girl's origin she was also good looking, in a wild mysterious sort of way. That'd push the price up. Growing up in Sunberth had corrupted his mind a bit. And though he was a bit ashamed of playing with the thought of selling the girl, he pushed the feeling away. The winter would be long, and money would allow him to spend most cold nights in the embrace of a woman.

The young woman was bare footed so he sped through the snow covered streets of Sunberth's Outskirts and soon they entered an alley in Sunset Quarter. Rows upon rows of apartments lined the streets and trash littered them. Overhead drying lines were strung between both sides of the houses, however, no laundrey hung from them because of the subzero temperatures.

Adder unlocked the door to his humble appartment in Sunset Quarter's Cheap Side and held open the door for the changeling. He entered after casting a few glances up and down the street. Like everyone in the city, he locked the door behind him. A large beam functioned as a sturdy though simple locking mechanism. The room was unremarkably furnished, three chairs one bed, a hearth and two cupboards holding household things and Rayne's precious books.

Rayne showed the girl a chair and deposited the bag on his wooden table. Suddenly he was of a miss to what to do but then realised it was still dark in the appartment. Sounds from the other residents could be heard faintly through the plastered walls.
He raced to the fireplace and put some logs from the stack of wood on the wall next to it in the hearth. Small twigs and some hay would serve as a katalyst for the small sparks Adder conjured from two flints. Indeed, a small fire began crackling and flames licked the wood.
"There we go." he commented, content the fire spread it's warmth and light through the small room.

He marched back to the table where the young woman was still sitting at, his black cloak wrapped closely around her. Adder grabbed two green glasses from his cupboard and produced his bottle of brandy.
Uncorking it with his sharp canines he said "Here, this will get you warm... uh." Adder took the cork from his mouth and poured in both glasses. "What's your name?"

Her hair was a beautiful brown colour with strange meshes. It seemed to glow in the hue of the fire. The warmth was welcome after standing guard all day in outside's cold.
Adder
a viper in the sand

Character sheet

Postby Emilie Jongblood on December 26th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Emilie watched the fire with a mezmorized look. She was intreeged by the flames flickering before her. She hardly noticed he asked for her name. Looking in his general direction she spoke with a soft and warming tone, "I am Emilie Jongblood." She turned her head back to the flames. She imagined little people were running about in them, screaming bloody hell.

Once Emilie pulled her mind back into reality she turned her attention to the man. "Now you must give me yours." She said in a more demanding tone. WHen he offered her the drink she just gestured it away. Emilie never could digest alcohol correctly. The cloack gently slid off of Emilies body with a soft shrug of her shoulders. She honestly never liked cloths, and perfered the warmth of the raging fire.
Emilie Jongblood

Character sheet

Postby Adder on December 26th, 2010, 8:42 pm

The fire seemed to pull her in and when the shapeshifter looked at Adder it was as if she looked through him. He frowned and rubbed his chin. What did he pull over his doorstep?

"I am Emilie Jongblood" she said warmly and turned her attention back to the flames. After a short moment she tugged her head back to Adder, her brown hair falling around her slender shoulders. Emilie refused the drink and when she shrugged off his cloak Adder's eyes popped with suprise. This again?!
Rayne grabbed the glass and downed both portions. The warmth of the brandy spread throughout his body. He welcomed the sensation.

"I'm Adder, Adder Rayne. Nice to meet you." he said after she demanded its knowledge. Something about her threw him off. Maybe it was the clotting blood under and around her lips, but he had already seen far worse.

He walked over to the fire, threw another log on so his guest wouldn't catch a cold but also for his own comfort. Being half Dhani, he preferred warmth.

"So" he said while walking over to the hooks he hung his clothes from. "What brings a Kelvic to Sunberth? Where are you from?" He wanted to know for sure she was a Kelvic, and the more information regarding his ware's heritage the better. He unclasped his belt and hung his vest and padding from one of the hooks. Rayne was now only wearing a loose white shirt and his trousers and boots.

"And what would you like for dinner, I promised you food didn't I?" Adder asked smiling faintly. Luckily his home didn't have any windows, a naked girl sitting at his table, hah!
Adder
a viper in the sand

Character sheet

Postby Emilie Jongblood on December 26th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Emilie made a soft chuckle and sprawled out on the floor and stretched. SHe layed there and glanced at him. "I'm from a place quite far from here. Where the water runs red, and if your in the woods alone, no one can hear you sc.." Her voice trailed off as she lost focus on him. She looked away and her inner thoughts began to rumble.

What if I took him into a forest..and turned the water red..

Emily caught herself and sat up abrubtly. She looked at him with a soft and apologetic look, but she said nothing of what she was thinking. Her bottom lip was qwivering a little and a lump was forming in her throat. She swallowed and pushed her emotions away imeaditly. She tried to change the subject. "What do you have to eat?" She asked calmly.
Emilie Jongblood

Character sheet

Postby Adder on December 26th, 2010, 9:15 pm

There was definetly more than met the eye here. Emilie was lying on his planken floor. When their eyes met, Adder found himself lost in her icy sapphire gaze. His eyebrow rose as she explained where she came from. Red rivers...

Then she lost her concentration and turned inward, still lying on his floor. Her alluring body spread out before Adder. She's doing this on purpose, she's trying to... What was she trying to do? Silky smooth skin, seductive firm breasts and curves all within his reach. The glow and heat of the fireplace adorned her soft skin with a warm hue, like a sunset could do with a lake. Emilie was indeed a fine specimen, perhaps she'd even become a pleasure slave.

Suddenly she sat up abruptly and looked at him apologetically. Her bloodied thick bottom lip quivered slightly as she asked: "What do you have to eat?"

Adder snapped back to reality as well and averted his eyes. The mixed blood walked to his cupboard and began taking out two plates and eating utensils. "Well, I've bought some red meat this morning in Castle Commons. It's salten so I could keep it a couple of days. I also have some dark bread."
Rayne put the platter on the table and made his way to the fireplace to put the meat on the grill. "How do you like it? Bien cuit?"
Adder
a viper in the sand

Character sheet

Postby Emilie Jongblood on December 27th, 2010, 3:01 am

Once the words "Red Meat" were spoken, Adder had Emilie's full attention. Her hungry gaze met his eyes and her mouth began to water. "R-r-rarely cooked..please" She fumbled trying to say the words. Her eyes locked onto the meat and she trembled with excitement. Just like a dog would when their master dangled a treat infront of their face. Joy was written across Emile's face.

She shifted onto her hands and knees watching the flames cook the meat. Drule was beginning to form at the corners of her mouth. Growls roared from within her empty stomach. There was nothing better then a nice, rare piece of warm red meat.
Emilie Jongblood

Character sheet

Next