Calendar and Weather -- Summer 516 AV

Events, City Happenings, Weather and more

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Efforvescent on June 1st, 2016, 12:11 am

The Isle of Konti Almanac

Brought to you by the Mother’s Circle for the Season of Summer 516 av

Weather

Weather typically is sunny and mild. Fog and mist in the mornings tend to burn off with Syna’s rise. Pearl divers will operate on days that are considered not best fishing days.

1 – 6 isolated squalls from the south east, squalls can turn violent quickly but last maybe a bell or two at the most.

7 – 15 Sunny, trade breezes out of south west.

16 – 24 mostly sunny with patches of showers, trade winds are coming from the south east in the morning shifting to the south west. The showers could happen during this shift.

25 – 31 Sunny and hot

32 – 40 Lot of fog till midday. Shipping and navigation difficult. Sunny the rest of the day

41 – 48 Sunny and nice, trade breezes from the south east

49 – 56 random isolated showers then back to sunny and nice

57 – 64 Sunny and nice, trade breezes from the south east

65 – 72 mostly sunny with patches of showers, trade winds are coming from the south east in the morning shifting to the south west. The showers could happen during this shift.

73 – 80 random isolated showers then back to sunny and nice.

81 – 88 Sunny, trade breezes out of south west.

89 – 91 Lot of fog till midday. Shipping and navigation difficult. Sunny the rest of the day.

Best Fishing Days

• 4 – 20
  • 34 – 49
  • 63 – 79

Mariculture and Foraging seasons is a current work in progress.

Holidays/Festivals

Sun Festival -- 10th

Day of Bright Colors -- 42nd

Lover's Day -- 65th

City Happenings

Ships in the Night -- 1st -- A very heavy squall washes up part of an old ship. By sunrise the sky is clear, the waters gorgeous and the winds light. Many archeologist wish to study this piece of the old ship, where did it come from and where the rest of it is.

Paint the town Yellow -- 8th -- The Sun festival is close at hand. Many maidens are out gathering marigolds, sunflowers and yellow daisies. From orange tiger lillies to fire hearted trumpets to accent all the yellows for celebration of Syna's light.

Herbalism Classes -- 20th -- In preparation for the Day of bright colors, the herbalist will be holding a free class on Herbalism. This includes a field trip after class lecture. Collecting what has been brought up in class.

Dye making Classes -- 30th -- In spirit of the upcoming Festival, working with the herbalist, a dye making class will be offered. Bring your Festival project, some dye herbs will be there for the class but you may want to bring your own.

Biggest Shallow water Lobster Harvest – 45th – 47th shallow water lobster – Waters off of the southerly end of the island are the lobsters that subsist from shallow to around 100 feet or water. They do not possess the large claws of their colder water cousins that usually are in deeper water off of the northerly end from the island. Officials will be at the docks to inspect catches for how many, size and color. You must catch by hand, they must be of a mature size of a minimum of 2.5 pound specimen and an orange red color. The young are a very dark red. The elder shallow lobs are almost yellow.

Lobster, Lobster and more Lobster - 48th - Time to cook all that Lobster that was caught. Eceli will give a class in how to cook the perfect lobster.

Lobster cook off Cooks from several restaurants put their skill against this. After the class was given it was decided that a contest should be done. Best new recipe wins a recipe from Eceli from the Pearl Diver's Inn.

Konti Patrols – 55th Konti Patrols have increased. Poachers have been rumored to still be harvesting. Foreigners are suspected but no one has been caught yet.

Paint the Town Red – 60th – in preparation of the festival, foraging and harvesting of red, pink, violet and other flowers and dye plants to prepare for Lover’s Day.

Craft of Care – 62nd – Crafting gifts to the one you care about and Love is performed. This has spurned competiveness in the crafters and a challenge is issued. The grandmothers are to judge these gifts and their meaning behind the gift. Those participating not only must craft something, but write a poem indicating why the craft that is to be given to the loved one and why it and their loved one is special to them.

Berry picking – 70th – the cooks are all clamoring for berries to make cobblers and any number of delicacies at the various restaurants. The shower bursts have plumped them up nicely. Recipes are the currency for adequate amounts.

Pie eating contest – 75th – The berries were so well collected they had to go somewhere. There are an overabundance of pies so the Mother’s circle has declared a pie eating contest. The winner is declared pie king or queen till the next season.

Squids R Us – 80th -- Crafters and cooks alike are speaking their need of squid. Cooks can turn squid in to delicious meals. The black ink crafters can use for dyes.

The White Elk – 90th -- These sacred creatures are important to the Konti and to the Opal Order. They keep a close eye on their numbers and have careful records of both the trained herd and the wild herd. One of the watchers notices a pregnant doe missing. This doe is due to give birth soon.

Events:
Marine Circles -- 61st --The creatures of the sea and air require something deep within Semele that guides these creatures sense of navigation. Something is confusing that sense of navigation as whales, dolphins, porpoises, birds and anything that require this sense to go around the island. They cant seem to navigate away from it normally. Help is needed to investigate the cause of this phenomenon while the Konti keep these poor sea creatures from heading into disaster or running into a ship.

Notes:
1. Calendar for City Happenings that are claimed must be claimed within three days of posting the claim. Please submit the claim with the following format in this calendar thread. They are in general self-moderated. Skill Training threads will need a storyteller to perform the training. If you need this type of thread, submit the claim in my office.

Code: Select all
[b][size=150]Calender Claim[/size][/b]
[b]Name and Day of Claim:[/b]
[b]PC Name:[/b]
[b]Your interest in this thread:[/b]
[b]Something you're willing to lose:[/b]
[b]Can your PC sustain an injury:[/b]
[b]Preferred outcome:[/b]

2. Festival Day that are claimed must be left Open. Storyteller can and will peak in and stir the pot a bit. If you are claiming a festival, please use the city happenings format to claim it in this calendar thread. If you are roleplaying around the festival or enjoying it, that requires no claiming.
3. I will be posting when I am accepting participants for the Event thread. This is a moderated event. The form for events is below and must be posted in my office during the time allowed for applying for a spot.

Code: Select all
[b][size=150]Event Registration[/size][/b]
[b]Name of Event:[/b]
[b]PC Name:[/b]
[b]Skills you want to improve:[/b]
[b]Moderated thread (date):[/b]
[b]Your interest in this thread:[/b]
[b]Something you're willing to lose:[/b]
[b]Can your PC sustain an injury:[/b]
[b]Preferred outcome:[/b]

"Go ahead, pop a bubble."
Let the magic of fate happen!!
((Image courtesy of Prophet))
Efforvescent
Retired Staff

Words: 28712
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2016, 9:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Tap on June 9th, 2016, 6:08 am

Calendar Claim

Name and Day of Claim: Ships in the Night -- 1st -- A very heavy squall washes up part of an old ship. By sunrise the sky is clear, the waters gorgeous and the winds light. Many archeologist wish to study this piece of the old ship, where did it come from and where the rest of it is.

PC Name: Tap

Your interest in this thread: Tap is an aspiring treasure hunter, and is always on the beach. She would definitely run across this and be super excited about the possibilities.

Something you're willing to lose: Anything of her fishing tools

Can your PC sustain an injury: Absolutely

Preferred outcome: I would like to come out with some sort of treasure. Doesn't have to be exciting or valuable, just strange or different to a Konti whos spent her whole life in Mura.
Last edited by Tap on June 11th, 2016, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grader Note :
Currently I base my presentation of my Scavenging and Fishing skill on the skill write up by Shimoje and Ferrin, respectively, that is in the Founder's Review section of the World Development forum. This means, for example, that hand fishing, the practice of collect marine life out of the water by hand, Tap considers fishing rather than just gathering. Of course the final decision is up to the grader. This is simply what I am basing her actions off of.

Please also note that Tap is a very antisocial Konti and therefore please only reward her socialization point HALF of what you would normally award for a PC.
Tap
Fisher and Treasure Hunter

Words: 45386
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2016, 6:30 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Okara on June 10th, 2016, 11:45 pm

Calender Claim

Name and Day of Claim: Paint the Town Yellow - 8th

PC Name: Okara!

Your interest in this thread: Do some flower foraging and have a mini adventure. I'm interested in expanding Okara's skill base and I'm always looking for foraging opportunities.

Something you're willing to lose: Uhhh... the flowers she finds?

Can your PC sustain an injury: Sure, why not!

Preferred outcome: Okara forages some flowers, gets a little turned around, and finds gratitude for a goddess.
Okara
Great stories start with humble beginnings.

Words: 218993
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2016, 12:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tap on June 13th, 2016, 4:45 am

Calendar Claim

Name and Day of Claim: Squids R Us – 80th -- Crafters and cooks alike are speaking their need of squid. Cooks can turn squid in to delicious meals. The black ink crafters can use for dyes.

PC Name: Tap

Your interest in this thread: Tap is interested in anything fishing related and would have a jump on the market in anything related to the water.

Something you're willing to lose: Any fishing tools, other small possessions.

Can your PC sustain an injury: Yes

Preferred outcome: Get some squid to sell for the event. I wouldnt be adding any to her inventory as any fish she catches / sells relate to her occupation and earnings.

Note: Okara is joining Tap in this thread.
Grader Note :
Currently I base my presentation of my Scavenging and Fishing skill on the skill write up by Shimoje and Ferrin, respectively, that is in the Founder's Review section of the World Development forum. This means, for example, that hand fishing, the practice of collect marine life out of the water by hand, Tap considers fishing rather than just gathering. Of course the final decision is up to the grader. This is simply what I am basing her actions off of.

Please also note that Tap is a very antisocial Konti and therefore please only reward her socialization point HALF of what you would normally award for a PC.
Tap
Fisher and Treasure Hunter

Words: 45386
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2016, 6:30 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Okara on June 13th, 2016, 7:52 pm

Calender Claim

Name and Day of Claim: Squids R Us - 80th

PC Name: Okara

Your interest in this thread: Okara meets up with a more experienced fisherwoman who can help with harvesting squid.

Something you're willing to lose: Not entirely sure. Please not my suvai D:

Can your PC sustain an injury: Yes

Preferred outcome: Okara fishes for squid, learns some fishing skill from Tap, and generally has a good time with a fellow Konti.

Note: Okara is participating in this event with Tap
Okara
Great stories start with humble beginnings.

Words: 218993
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2016, 12:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes