OOC Info Job Applications and Wage requests

Players can submit for a job and request seasonal wages/experience.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Job Applications and Wage requests

Postby Efforvescent on July 18th, 2016, 1:00 am

Job Application

Use the below form to apply for a job for the city of Mura. Please consider your job carefully and consider your expenses, your skill sets and what you would have fun writing. If you need help in selecting a job that would best benefit your character goals and your writing goals, please send me a PM or ask a question in my office.

Look over the following lists to determine your job and how much Gold Mizas per day you will be shooting for. You should be going for common living expenses. If you choose something lessor than that, then I need a PM explaining the reasoning behind it.
Your application will be reviewed by a Domain Storyteller or higher and you will be provided a PM approving the job and the wages allocated per day. If there are any issues, you will be contacted with questions.

Occupation Price List

Living Expenses chart

Using the form below and please read the following instructions:

Enter your full character name including surname(if applicable and even if the character doesn’t know their last name).

Enter your character sheet as a link so I may review your character sheet in regards to the job you are applying for.

Enter your job title that should come from the price list for occupations listed above. If you have a different name than one on that list, I need a PM from you explaining the reason behind it and information surrounding it.

Enter place of employment. If you are a blacksmith, you would be listing one of the smithies. If you are working as a doctor or healer, that is more than likely the Opal Temple. These are examples. If you intend on having a business, you will need to post a business plan at this location. The instructions on how to submit one and in what format is within that link.

Enter your wage. The wage is on the occupation list provided above. If your main skill for that job is at novice, you will be at the lower end of the price range for that occupation. The link has the formula there as your skill gains in strength to calculate from.

Please list your primary skill or skills with the job. This is important as it gives a distinct picture of where the focus needs to be for the job.

Please list your secondary skill or skills with the job. This is a good thing as secondary skills that support the main one offers additional rp fodder and depth to the job. There is more opportunity in lore and versatility for your character.

Now briefly tell us why you want this job both as a writer and a character. This should be something fun for you to write as well as give additional rp fodder and game funds for your character.

If there are any questions on any of these topics, please reach out to me by PM or my office.

Job Application

Character Name:
    Character Sheet:
    Requested Job Title:
    Place of Employment:
    Wage:
    Primary Job Skill(s) and experience level:
    Secondary Job Skill(s) and experience Level:

Why have you chosen this job? Please explain in less than 150 words:

Code: Select all
[b]Job Application[/b]

[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Character Sheet:[/b]
[b]Requested Job Title:[/b]
[b]Place of Employment:[/b]
[b]Wage:[/b]
[b]Primary Job Skill(s) and experience level:[/b]
[b]Secondary Job Skill(s) and experience Level:[/b]

[b]Why have you chosen this job? Please explain in less than 150 words:[/b]

Seasonal Wage Request

Please submit your request for seasonal wages and seasonal experience with the form down below. Please remember that you must submit two threads of a minimum of 2500 words for your job threads. This should be a thread of five posts of 500 words at a minimum for possible maximum benefit. You must be actively working your job during this thread for it to count as a job thread.

Seasonal wages are calculated using what gold mizas you have been allocated per diem. Wages X 91 = seasonal wages. (winter is 92 days) If you started your character part way into the season, you need to subtract the amount of days from the total days of the season. For example, if you started on the 40th day of summer, you have 51 days left. You get paid for 51 days of the season.

Seasonal Experience is an interesting little extra to gain a couple of points for your main skill. It works like this. Your threads throughout the season, if they had in some indirect way dealt with your profession without gaining any skill points in that main skill for your profession it could be subject to seasonal experience at the end of the season. For example, you are a fisherman by trade and your main skill is fishing. You have a thread repairing your nets, fishing poles and lines for the next fishing excursion. You have a thread discussing the fish seasons and when the best time to catch fish. You have a thread talking about bait or making bait for fishing. None of these threads had any actual fishing in it at all but all of them support fishing. Those could be available to submit for seasonal experience. You can get 1-4 extra points in your main skill for your profession depending on how many threads and other factors considered in giving the points. You must provide a minimum of 2 threads in this category of submissions.

User the form below and please read the following instructions:

Enter name of character including surname (if applicable and even if the character doesn’t know their last name).

Enter your character sheet in the form of a link.

Enter what season and year you are making the request for wages. For example, Summer 516 av.

Enter what job title you have been allocated.

Enter what wage you have been allocated.

Enter what the primary skill for your job is and the experience level. For example. Fishing, Novice.

Enter the links to the job threads that you have written . It must be two threads, minimum of 2500 words that primarily deals with your job.

Enter the links to threads that indirectly supports your job for seasonal experience. It must be a minimum of two threads. You can have more than that submitted for consideration for seasonal experience.

Name:
    Link to Character Sheet:
    Season:[/b
    [b]Job Title:

Wage:
    Job Skill & Experience Level:
    Job Threads for Seasonnal Wages:

Threads Eligible for Seasonal Experience:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Link to Character Sheet:[/b]
[b]Season:[/b
[b]Job Title:[/b]
[b]Wage:[/b]
[b]Job Skill & Experience Level[/b]:
[b]Job Threads for Seasonnal Wages:[/b]
    [list]
    [*]
    [*]
    [/list]

[b]Threads Eligible for Seasonal Experience:[/b]
    [list]
    [*]
    [*]
    [/list]
Last edited by Efforvescent on July 18th, 2016, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let the magic of fate happen!!
((Image courtesy of Prophet))
Efforvescent
Retired Staff

Words: 28712
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2016, 9:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Visi on July 29th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Job Application

Character Name: Visi
Character Sheet: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post490657.html#p490657
Requested Job Title: General Merchant
Place of Employment: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic34297.html
Wage: 4 GM
Primary Job Skill(s) and experience level: Persuasion- Novice
Secondary Job Skill(s) and experience Level: Weapon, longsword- Competent (if there happens to be a thief I'm thinking)

Why have you chosen this job? Please explain in less than 150 words: I feel like this will be a good starting job while I work up her skills and find her niche.
Visi
The Strong Silent Type

Words: 10832
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2016, 2:11 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Okara on September 13th, 2016, 7:52 pm

Name: Okara
Link to Character Sheet:Here
Season: Summer 516
Job Title: Cook
Wage: 4gm
Job Skill & Experience Level: Cooking 39, Competent
Job Threads for Seasonnal Wages:
Okara
Great stories start with humble beginnings.

Words: 218993
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2016, 12:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tap on September 14th, 2016, 6:04 pm

Name: Tap
Link to Character Sheet: <--
Season: Summer 516aV
Job Title: Fisher
Wage: 6gm a day
Job Skill & Experience Level: Fishing Competant
Job Threads for Seasonal Wages:

Threads Eligible for Seasonal Experience:
Grader Note :
Currently I base my presentation of my Scavenging and Fishing skill on the skill write up by Shimoje and Ferrin, respectively, that is in the Founder's Review section of the World Development forum. This means, for example, that hand fishing, the practice of collect marine life out of the water by hand, Tap considers fishing rather than just gathering. Of course the final decision is up to the grader. This is simply what I am basing her actions off of.

Please also note that Tap is a very antisocial Konti and therefore please only reward her socialization point HALF of what you would normally award for a PC.
Tap
Fisher and Treasure Hunter

Words: 45386
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2016, 6:30 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes