OOC Info [OOC] In the Murder

Discussion Board

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Ravok’s home for OOC Chatter, Development and Discussions.

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Maya Lark on October 1st, 2017, 12:29 pm

I already knew I would probably do A LOT of reworking on them based on what Prophet does or does not have hidden behind the curtains he is working on himself. So I dont take things like that personally anyways
Maya Lark
Player

Words: 67052
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2015, 3:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Sayana on October 1st, 2017, 1:08 pm

Oh, one more thing about why there might be a difference in rules/guidelines for Ravok children NPCs vs Endrykas Pavilion children NPCs. I think that when creating the pavilion NPCs, they are almost like personal NPCs and therefore your PC would likely be in direct contact with them and benefit from their skills and abilities. Also, since some are children and do not have to pay living expenses, I can see that the rules would be useful to maintain game balance.

However, for Ravok there is less PC 'ownership' of the children NPCs because they are not tied together by family/pavilion. So it's more flexible as to who can interact with the children NPCs and for what purpose.

Anyways, I just wanted to clarify that the situation might not be quite the same.

I think game balance rules are important, and that realism is important. But I also think it's important not to restrict/limit people's creativity so much that it becomes an obstacle for contributing.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Tierra on October 1st, 2017, 1:26 pm

Coming from a player who has child pc. Skills are directly related to experience in my case. She has a large list of small pointed skills because she is a kid, what she picked up want from being a kid. This should also apply to npc children as well
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on October 1st, 2017, 11:43 pm

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to drop in with a quick update. I'm still battling with a medical issue that sent me to the ERa few weeks ago. I am working on things like posts (star, road) and locations but I can't seem to get to a place where I'm happy with my work. Bear with me a while longer and, hopefully, this next round of meds will do the trick so I can get back to normal. I'm loving all the activity and discussions. Keep it up! Also-kayak did not vanish, he's on vacation. ;) that is all.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Sayana on October 1st, 2017, 11:53 pm

Hope you get better soon Prophet! Medical issues suck and can really drain you. We (or at least I) am loving all your OOC work even if there hasn't been much ICly of late. It's always good to hear from you and get updates.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Maya Lark on October 2nd, 2017, 12:27 am

Hey hey Prophet, take the time to get better we aren't going any where. Let us know when Kayak gets back and tell him to have a good time from all of us here in Ravok
Maya Lark
Player

Words: 67052
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2015, 3:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Shainn on October 2nd, 2017, 12:41 am

Feel better soon Prophet! I hope things get better. :)
Shainn
Player

Words: 30907
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2017, 2:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Rohka on October 2nd, 2017, 12:43 am

Ditto! Send out a line if there's something we could do to help boost happy feels lol

my contributions, aka "Dear writers of Ravok,"

Charles is a fellow Canadian.
He knows what's up. Also, this one,
well... it's true for me so let me go ahead and assume that it's true for all of you too :D
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Hwyn on October 2nd, 2017, 4:37 am

Evarista wrote:
Float

Soldier Pill

Use: Swallowed or rectally inserted. Effects: Round, dark brown pill made of highly compressed powders in a thin gelatinous capsule. It contains a large concentration of sugar, caffeine, taurine and various powdered herbal stimulants. Dramatically heightens energy and awareness for around 20 chimes, followed by drowsiness and fatigue. It was developed for military use by the Ebonstryfe, who call it "wakeup pill", and is actually a reinvention of a vastly popular and successful Suvan recipe. Today, it's sold by most Ravokian apothecaries. When swallowed, it takes about 20 ticks to take effect, but when inserted anally it takes full effect immediately. Although civilians like to joke about "butt pellets", knowledge of that factoid has saved the lives of many soldiers. Not addictive but easy to become reliant upon. Consistent use leads to heart problems. L2 Herbalism to identify and harvest the herbal components, L1 Poison OR L1 Philtering to create.

Prophet wrote: Soldier's Pill - I think 'wake-up pill' is too tame. 'Boot in the arse' seems much more fitting.

What? Was Rectal Ragnarok taken?
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)