PM to join Tossed Into the Drink

Shimoje get thrown overboard

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Tossed Into the Drink

Postby Izuyanai on August 19th, 2016, 5:32 am

Image



"Eyris? The goddess of wisdom?" Izuyanai said, with a new interest and respect for Shimoje. "That must have been quite the event."

So the mark was a gnosis from Eyris herself. Though Izuyanai did not directly worship her, she had heard of her and knew that her own life often crossed paths with the deity's domain. What was more, being able to read objects sounded a lot like Auristics and Izuyanai wondered if Shimoje could read people's auras as well.

The raven raised her brow at the sailor's comment and waved it away, her mouth barely curling into a smile. "If I affirmed that statement, I'm sure some divine agent would come strike me down. And even if I was, what would I rule over? The half-drowned and desperately dehydrated? A glorious domain indeed."

Continuing along the beach, the two drew nearer to the settlement. Shimoje stumbled every so often, but Izuyanai paid no mind, thinking it was only natural in his state. They continued along in silence with only the sound of the waves to fill the air before Shimoje’s voice cut through the quiet.

“Believe it or not. No. I don’t do romantic walks,” Izuyanai reluctantly let the stranger tug away some of her baggage. “So, what do you have to offer? Other than sailing and carving of course.”

It wasn’t about the value of the repayment. At least not mostly. It was about people’s reactions. Whether or not they would be indignant at having to repay her, whether or not they tried to weasel out of the payment, and whether or not they were eager and accepting. So far, Shimoje seemed to fall into the latter, though Izuyanai would not know until the whole transaction played out.

He certainly was nosy, though. Izuyanai could not complain without being a hypocrite, but she often dismissed the concept, tailoring situations to her own advantage. She wasn’t about to tell him everything, scraps of the truth would suffice. However, now that she thought about it, a craftsman could be useful to her in setting up business.

“I came here to test my fortune, a lot people will tell you the same. Right now I was hoping to set up a business of my own. We all do our best to make sure everyone is fed, and I thought I could make myself more useful in that regard.”

Izuyanai turned briefly toward Shimoje, but just as quickly the man looked away, staring intently at the scenery instead. Izuyanai casually studied his strange mannerisms before opting to return her gaze forward.

OOCIt's fine if you can't get back to me for a while, though I do enjoy decrypting your spelling mistakes. Take your time and thanks for threading with me.
User avatar
Izuyanai
I'm back!
 
Posts: 274
Words: 165305
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2014, 8:14 am
Location: Syka
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Tossed Into the Drink

Postby Shimoje on August 19th, 2016, 6:46 pm

Image

Shimoje fully respected the situation between his gift and Eyris. Though, this was the first someone had made such a big deal about it. Most just figured the mark to be another one of the man's weird experiments. After-all, he had performed worse before. "It was an eye opening experience. Led me to explore more in the world. More in others."

Shyly Shimoje reached up to his bald head with his free hand and rubbed it. He was used to the sun, but he hated heat. Something that he would have to get used to here. If only there was some shade nearby to rest. Either way, soon enough they would likely reach the settlement, right?

Looking over to Izuyana he smiled at her statement from his question of being a goddess. "Well, at least you would be in good company. I can be glorious if you want." He joked. The joke subsided to an awkward silence until he once again asked an awkward question. He wasn't really socially adept. He much preferred intellectual conversations.

Taking slower strides for a moment while trying to pay attention to Izuyanai his brows construed as she asked what else he had to offer. He wasn't one to play all his cards at once, and wouldn't tell her outright. No, if this woman wanted something from him; he would let her decide what it was. "Guess you will just have to stick around for a while and find out. Once you have an idea of what you want. I will provide. No need to rush it."

Eyes going wide, the small settlement started to come into sight. It wasn't much at all, and compared to all the many cities he had visited seemed very penetrable. There wasn't much in the sense of protecting their citizens, and there wasn't any guards around that he could notice. Although, still a bit away to make a judgment he hastened his pace a little bit. Eager to get into shade.

"Is that it? Isn't much. I suppose if you were to test your fortune out here you would have to be adventurous. I'm not much for businesses myself, but it has been a thought I've had in the back of my mind."

Now instead of turning his gaze away from Izuyanai he idly smiled at her and attempted to make eye contact. He now wanted to study her. To get to know her. To figure out what it was that was bothering him so much.

"So where would I start?"
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test



Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
User avatar
Shimoje
Scientist
 
Posts: 375
Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Location: United States
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Tossed Into the Drink

Postby Izuyanai on August 21st, 2016, 12:39 pm

Image



Izuyanai chose to let Shimoje's various statements go unanswered for the most part. She merely let out a small huff of amusement as he stumbled around on his words as well as his feet. Were humans always this flirtatious? Or was this one delirious from sun sickness?

The raven could talk a lot if she cared to and had a favourable someone who would listen and laugh with her. However, those people were increasingly rare. Though it was her fault too. She never cared to put in the effort and never stayed around long enough to do so. That was the curse and blessing of larger cities. You could lose yourself in them and move unseen, but at the same time, you might never see the same person twice. No one had the capacity to care as much, and that suited her for now.

"You sound confident," Izuyanai replied. The man talked as though he could provide anything she asked for. If she did ask for something unreasonable, what would he do? Still, Izuyanai intended to benefit practically from this favor and planned to seek out Shimoje at a later time. "I might have something for you to do later. I'll find you, if you're still in Syka."

Shimoje beside her reacted accordingly as the settlement creeped into view. It was true that it wasn't much, but she had never made it out to be.

"Adventurous or desperate," Izuyanai corrected. "Not everyone finds the jungle a suitable place to live. How about you? Is this something you're not used to?"

Judging by what the man had been wearing, Izuyanai predicted he was a northerner. At least he must have spent some time in colder climates. Pelts weren't ideal in Syka. Not quite meeting Shimoje's gaze, Izuyanai steered them toward the Commons and the Bungalows. Soon enough, the lofty Commons was in full view. Stairs led up to the decks above and the shade provided a cool respite from the sun. Looking about revealed a few residents puttering about, minding to their daily tasks. A few of them turned lingering gazes on Shimoje but went about their own business quickly enough.

"Where to start? Get some rest, find a place to stay. Some rooms are for rent, east of the Commons. If you need food, people sometimes give away extras and if you can't get your hands on anything, find me and I'll see what I can do."

Saddling him with information necessary for survival, Izuyanai looked expectantly at the man, wondering if he had any further need of her.
User avatar
Izuyanai
I'm back!
 
Posts: 274
Words: 165305
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2014, 8:14 am
Location: Syka
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Tossed Into the Drink

Postby Shimoje on August 25th, 2016, 3:33 am

Image

Shimoje waddled beside izuyanai slightly smiling when he suddenly stopped almost demanding attention from her. "Confidence has nothing to do with it, Izuyanai." he spoke softly and using her name. He tried to refrain from looking her up and down but his hesitation would surely be noticed If Izuyanai was paying attention. Though his intent was far from physical appeal "you saved me, when you could have just left me to die of kill me yourself then take my things." his eyes strayed slightly to the right while plucking his brow as he continued to walk along. "for that I truly am thankful. There would be times where even I might not have done the same as you did."

Shimoje didn't care if he revealed more about himself. If anything he is always a little bit philosophical in conversation. As the Commons came into view he spotted a small amount of people conversing and some even crafting things in the open. Charming as it was Shimoje was getting tired and knew that carrying the wood for Izuyanai would eventually wear on him more than usual. "Ah, well I've trekking through woods and know of ways to get around them. Though I suspect these are fairly different. I might be able to show you a thing or two someday." he smiled as he was revealing more and more about himself but still remaining awfully vague. "Well actually there is something I can't get my hands on, you see... I met this girl and she saved my life and we walked across the beach to this wonderful place. Only thing though, I carried back some of her wood and I can't bare to put her work in gathering it to shame." he simply looked at her once again and smiled.

"So where would you like me to drop this off at?" Shimoje asked while rearranging the wood in his arms. If anything Shimoje was manipulative and wouldn't allow her to just take the wood from him. He would insist that he carries it to where she needs it and continue on conversing and finding out more about this... Stranger.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test



Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
User avatar
Shimoje
Scientist
 
Posts: 375
Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Location: United States
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Tossed Into the Drink

Postby Izuyanai on August 25th, 2016, 5:28 am

Image



Izuyanai kept her gaze straight ahead even as her eyes narrowed the slightest bit. Saved? Did this man think of her as a saviour? If she had been any such thing, she would have saved one of her own. Instead, she was alone in this remote area with a stranger who thought her something she was not. The real person Shimoje had to thank for saving his life was long gone.

“Don’t mention it,” Izuyanai smiled in a breezy manner, waving her hand dismissively. “It wasn’t much trouble, and besides, you’re paying me back. It doesn’t look as though a shipwrecked sailor would have anything worth taking, anyway.” She spoke the last bit with a small smirk.

Strolling up to the very base of the Commons, Izuyanai gestured to the stack Shimoje was carrying.

“You can drop those off right here,” she stated.

Shimoje certainly smiled a lot and Izuyanai vaguely wondered if they were genuine ones. People smiled for many reasons, however, the raven knew that hers were not as honest. She smiled because she was amused, and not always for the reason people suspected it to be. Izuyanai smiled to disarm others in social combat. She was curious if the stranger was so eager to make a friend, or if he was just as well-versed as she was in control.

“Will you be alright from here?” she asked.

Out of the corner of her eye, Izuyanai saw several residents shift and crane their necks curiously. Most likely, they wanted to know what news they could pry out of the newcomer. There was also plenty of work to be done around the area. No doubt Shimoje would have no trouble in securing a few odd jobs here and there if he preferred.
User avatar
Izuyanai
I'm back!
 
Posts: 274
Words: 165305
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2014, 8:14 am
Location: Syka
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Tossed Into the Drink

Postby Gossamer on April 2nd, 2017, 4:01 am



The Fates Have Spoken
Here is your thread grade!


Character: Shimoje
Experience Awarded: Ballistae +1, Observation +3, Socialization +3, Interrogation +2, Carving +1
Lores Awarded: Izuyanai: Female Living in Syka, Shipwrecked: Syka, Sailing: Being rammed at sea by pirates,

Notes: Your wolf pelt and leathers would be ruined by the prolonged time in the sea. Make a note of this on your CS and replace them if you want because they are in essence gone after this thread.

Character: Izuyanai
Experience Awarded: Observation +4, Socialization +3, Auristics +1, Climbing +1, Evasion +1
Lores Awarded: Shimoje: Male washed ashore at Syka, Shimoje: Has a mark of Eyris.

As always PM me if you have issues.


Gossamer

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideRiverfallSyka
Special ProjectsSykafall Coordination
User avatar
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.
 
Posts: 20504
Words: 5870629
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Location: Founder
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests