[Riverfall City Gates] All PCs Post Here From The Grasslands

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall City Gates] All PCs Post Here From The Grasslands

Postby Coatl on October 26th, 2009, 5:00 pm

Entering from the plains of Cyphrus, the city wall could be seen from nearly a mile away. Riverfall made the towers and wall high and imposing to all who laid eyes on it. It was made with the greatest of care and the aid of magic to keep it strong from the toughest of catapults. The height was near forty feet so that those who tempted to scale would never be able to stand up if they fell. Riverfall did not have a lot of me, but it had the strongest walled defense in the land.

Watch Tower Guards scanned the plains with spy glasses taking note of anyone who came within a mile of the city. If anything appeared out of the ordinary, the information was relayed to the guards at the gate. Two men stood at the gates to greet those that entered or close the gate doors if ordered. These Akalak were armed with sheathed sword and lakan, chain armor, and spear in hand. Though menacing in appearance, the two were quite friendly in demeanor.

"Welcome to the City of Riverfall. We hope you enjoy your stay." One of them said to those who looked non threatening. One did not want to look non threatening ...
Coatl
Retired Staff

Words: 8287
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2009, 4:21 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Staff account

Re: City Gates, All must post here who enter from the plains

Postby Amaya on November 2nd, 2009, 5:21 pm

Pulling her long dark hair into a tight ponytail, Amaya slowly made her way toward the gates of Riverfall. She nervously fiddled with her loose hair as it became her turn to enter.
Amaya
Player

Words: 2717
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2009, 6:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic

Re: City Gates, All must post here who enter from the plains

Postby Akela on January 3rd, 2010, 10:02 pm

62nd day of winter, 509 AV

Her name was Akela, and if it held any meaning, it was long forgotten like so many other things. She arrived at the gates of Riverfall leaning on a worn out stick, wrapped in an old grey cloak that did the bare minimum to protect her from the cold winter air. Perhaps, if she had been a normal Konti, she would have known what awaited her in this city. As it was, she only had rumors to go by.

She approached the guards, tired beyond imagination but still putting up a facade of minor defiance to the elements. They did not look surprised to see a Konti here, but the katana at her waist did elicit more of their attention. "It's a dangerous world out there," she flashed them a smile, "Konti love and peace are on break sometimes. I'm Akela. Are you satisfied with me?" Back then, she would not have phrased it to be so horribly ambiguous, but it was second nature to her now.

"I have heard my sister Kavala is in town. She's the reason I came, actually. Is that true and can you point me in her direction?"

The guards were very helpful, and Akela smiled her gratitude and relief at the correctness of the rumors. She had no idea what she would have done if the story of Kavala being here had been false. They informed her that the Konti called Kavala had recently opened an animal clinic and shelter in the outskirts of Riverfall. Great. Little sis was in for a surprise.
Akela
Chains that free

Words: 45104
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2009, 11:10 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Re: [Riverfall City Gates] All PCs Post Here From The Grasslands

Postby Danica on January 13th, 2010, 9:41 pm

Timestamp: Day 30, Winter of 509 A.V.

Danica rode her horse Altari up to the gates before she dismounted and smiled at the guards. She wouldn't be staying here very long this time, merely passing through and restocking before heading on to Endrykas.

She waved at them as she passed through the gates with her blood bay trailing behind her.
Danica
Player

Words: 9787
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2010, 3:55 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Akuaysun on January 15th, 2010, 9:07 pm

1st of Winter, 509 AV

Aku had felt the shift early that morning; it coursed through his veins as the season drifted from fall into winter. His celestial form was in the prime of its color change, something he had noticed in the last season as well. It seemed that like the stones that told time, so too did his outward appearance, not as mortals showed there years but more as the gods signified the passing of another day.

The Ethaefal had been taking his time with the westward journey, camping near rest stops and staying with groups on the populated roads between cities. It had taken his horse and him nearly the entirety of fall to travel from northern Sylira to Riverfall but with the passing of the new day so to had this leg of his journey come to an end. Akuaysun did not plan to stay long in the city of the Akalak, instead wanting to continue south to the desert and explore what secrets it may have held. This was more a place to resupply, from here he would be very much on his own path, venturing deeper into the untamed wilds.

The city walls came into view from a ways out, and were a welcome site to tired eyes. The faux Myrian smiled as they rose higher as he came closer, and even nodded softly to the pair that guarded the entrance. With their greeting he spoke softly, looking them into the eyes respectfully all the time. “Good day men, I come for supplies before continuing southward.

The pair paused, eyeing the Myrian for a moment, glancing to one another, and then apparently deciding that one heathen was no threat. Waving him forward the traveler was granted access to the fortress city.

The heavens tore and from the area between night and day we fell, to the waters below where we should be reborn and live anew, always separated and forever yearning.
Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Words: 59383
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2009, 8:51 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Mattius Grey on February 15th, 2010, 3:00 am

Mattius stared at the gate ahead looming over the city of his childhood, a place he had not been in a dozen years. Feeling much different, much more honed since he walked out of the place last, Mattius took a deep breath and pulled his hood over his shoulders, tying his bandana around the base of his face. It was time to come home.
Mattius Grey
Player

Words: 2447
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2010, 1:55 am
Race: Mixed blood

Postby Talasca on February 18th, 2010, 12:39 pm

Timestamp: 82nd of Winter, 509 AV

The feeling of being watched was increasing while she was approaching the city. She assumed that the guards were scanning the plains for suspicious individuals. Of course they wouldn’t want a Dhani or Symenestra in their city and with the grasslands stretching out to the horizon they had enough sight to be prepared for everything. Quite clever, the young girl mused.

She was riding a Drykas Strider, a beautiful dun exemplar with black legs, mane and tail with the latter two featuring a few pale strands. It was healthy, strong and quick and so the pair was approaching the gates at a fast pace. The girl sitting on its back and clasping her yvas with both hands had been looking forward to that particular day and was therefore eager to reach the city of the Akalak. Her fiery red hair was collected in two braids, but still fluttered behind her in an unruly and chaotic fashion. Her posture on the horse was self-confident, she was eyeing the city with her sparkling golden orbs, but at the same time she was aware of the firm, cool ground under her mount’s hooves and of the endless blue sky stretching out over her head. Her softly tanned skin proved what one could guess at first look: The girl was a Drykas.

Eventually they slowed down and trotted to the gates where they were greeted by a pair of tall blue-skinned guards. The girl hopped from the horse, returned their friendly nod and stated: “I’m Talasca, and I’d like to stay in your fair city to learn and improve my skill.” Indeed she looked like her words indicated, dressed in green and brown traveler clothing and carrying a backpack on her shoulders.

The guards, of course, waved her through, but then they hesitated for a moment to tell her of Godiva’s Refuge, a location that provided food and shelter for women coming to Riverfall. However, after one week they had to look for work or move on, since the service didn’t last any longer. The girl named Talasca thanked them politely and thought about whether she should use that service or not while following the main street. The hooves of her Strider were clattering on the cobblestone, spreading the sound of a new visitor and her curious enthusiasm.
Talasca
One With The Elements

Words: 4946
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 4:23 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Ynari on March 2nd, 2010, 4:03 am

1st Day of Spring, Year 509 A.V.

The sudden swell of voices hailing one another entered Ynari's subconscious. Spreading her whiskered little maw wide in a prolonged yawn, she blinked the sleep from her hazel eyes as she registered the cart had stopped. Curious as to the reason, Ynari popped her head from between the burlap sacks that had served as her temporary den the past few weeks. Her white-tufted ears drank in the words...

"Welcome to Riverfall."

A whisker twitched in consideration. Riverfall, is it? Crawling beneath the burlap folds of her hideaway as the cart lurched into motion again, Ynari curled about herself once more, her salt-n-peppered tail folding neatly across her pointed nose. A few more winks of sleep, and this little stowaway would have a new city to explore by nightfall...
Ynari
Player

Words: 2377
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 4:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Xandes on March 15th, 2010, 12:59 am

12st Day of Spring, Year 509 A.V.

Xandes rode in to riverfall his mount heavy with his spoils from the plains. it was early morning and he was very tired as he entered the gateway. he stole inside trying not to be noticed. Now was not the time to be social
Xandes Lidwell (Created from Xander Blackwell) by panther(used to be moonchild) if you know me from other sites pm so we can rp!!!!
Xandes
Bounty Hunter

Words: 5967
Joined roleplay: March 10th, 2010, 2:07 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Tsavin on March 15th, 2010, 1:40 am

8th Day of Spring, 510 AV

Though he had seen the city several times in his life he always felt a sense of awe when he approached the massive walls of the city of Riverfall. He kept his horse at an easy trot, in no particular rush to get to the gates, enjoying the cool evening air of spring. A hint of salt from the sea met his nose, and the sounds of the city came to his ears as he drew nearer. Though he'd never actually been inside the city, these things were familiar to him. From time to time he and his father would come to the city and he would wait outside with the horses while his father went inside to do his business. His father had a good relationship with the Akalak, and he hoped word had not reached the city of his crimes at the pavilion. But eventually word would come, and Tsavin knew he could not stay in Riverfall forever.

For now, he would enter the city and find a place to stay, and perhaps some work for a few days. He had very little money and knew he'd need some if he was going to make it outside the Sea of Grass. He would survive in the wild if he must, but Tsavin prefered to find a more secure place to call home. As he neared the gates he noticed the guards questioning people, and hoped they were not looking for him. It was unlikely, but if his father sent word ahead it may have gotten here before him. When the guards stop him he smiles to them and nods.

"Good evening. I'll be staying for a few days, perhaps do some work in the city until I can be on my way again." The guards wave him through, and one of them mentions they should be holding the Day of Revival festival soon and he should at least stay for that. "I look forward to it," Tsavin nods to them again and passes through, wondering where he might stay and keep his horse.
So... My house was broken into while I was on vacation. Several valuables were stolen including my xbox, tv, my favorite sword, and obviously.. my computer. That's why I haven't posted in a while. Got a new computer now.. So I'm back. Will resume posting ASAP
Tsavin
Player

Words: 10200
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 3:31 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Next