Placeholder Celebrate Good Times

[Job Thread]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Celebrate Good Times

Postby Phira on November 15th, 2016, 5:55 pm

18 Fall 516

Phira blew a sigh of irritation as she laced up her dress to get ready for her shift at work. Of all the days she had to work it had to be today. Nothing about today made her want to go outside. It was dreary, cold, and everyone was being loud celebrating the passing of the curse. It was something to celebrate for sure, at least for the survivors, but she just couldn't stand all the noise and cheering, and the spontaneous fights that broke out. It was the perfect night for her to stay in, but not to Merv. Merv wanted her working and making him money, and Merv was the boss.

She grabbed her cloak and opened the door immediately being pushed back into her room by a drunken couple barreling through the hallway.
"Watch it!" She yelled at the couple earning a snicker from the both of them. "Sloppy, drunken, idiotic, stupid..." she mumbled under her breath adding a word with every step she took until she got outside and found the streets stuffed with men and women celebrating. Her eye twitched, tonight was going to be a long, long night for her.

She blew another sigh and pulled her cloak around her body and began on her way to the The Pig's Foot. If this was what the outside of the tavern's looked like what did the inside of the tavern look like?

Pushing through a crowd at the entrance of her workplace she began growling softly. It was packed! Completely packed! There was barely any room to walk. She began pushing her way to the bar, keeping her temper in check with every pinch to her backside or accidental grope to her chest. She finally made it, she handed her cloak to the bartender to stash behind there and handed her a tray full of mugs and the table they belonged to.

She breathed in heavily, took the tray, and began towards the table,
"Ok you lot! Out of the way! Coming through!" she yelled. Only a small path was made, but luckily it was enough to squeeze through. She put on a smile at the table and set the drinks down, chatted them up for a few seconds before heading towards the table next to it, and the one next to that one. She could already feel her voice getting hoarse from all the yelling.

The next table just sat down and the other waitress was on the other side of the room flirting with the bartender. She could bite her head off if she could only reach her, but there were too many people in the way.
"What would you like?" she asked the table.

"What's good dove?" the one with scars all over his face asked.

She sucked in a breath and counted to 3,
"Two berry cider, ale, cheese and bread plates, stew. Everything is good here. she advertised.

As they talked it over she was being pushed and shoved into the table,
"Could you hurry a bit. My hips are getting bruised, and not in a good way." she flirted trying not to sound too rushed.

The group of men laughed and smiled wickedly at her,
"5 ciders and a bread and cheese plate." The man with the scars said.

She nodded and headed back to the bar to place the orders. Apparently the other waitress was territorial and thought she was trying to snag the bartender for the night, because before she knew it a hand met her cheek.

Word Count588

Last edited by Phira on January 15th, 2017, 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
So my computer hasn't been acting up lately and I am going to give posting a shot. So if you are still here and have been waiting for me to reply, thank you for your patience, and thank you for being understanding. I will get to them as soon as I can ;)
Phira
Player

Words: 132381
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 7:50 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Celebrate Good Times

Postby Phira on December 6th, 2016, 3:28 am

18 Fall 516

The second after she placed the order for her table a hand met her cheek in a loud slap. The culprit was Tanyan, a small waisted, flat chested, dirty blond, brown eyed girl. Her voice on a normal day was a shrill nagging, but when she was mad it seemed to go up a few octaves, only animals could hear her now.

Her head whipped to the side and she didn't waste any time being shocked. Oh no. She grew up being slapped by her mother and elders, she was used to the sting. She also grew up in a myrian tribe. This girl that slapped her picked the wrong person to mark her territory on. She didn't give that girl any time to get two words in, instead swung out her own hand out and slapped the girls cheek back.
"Watch it you little shyke or I will make sure you don't get up!" she yelled at Tanyan trying to warn the girl.

She didn't call the bluff instead ran at her pushing her into the bar, and managed to punch her gut. Drinks were spilled, but cheers were hollered. She pushed the girl away and punched her face once, twice, before she was tackled to the ground. She lost her breath, but didn't stop. Each of them had a handful of hair from the other girl. Instead of trying to get the girl off of her, she used the brunettes hair to pull the girls head to her and bit her neck drawing blood thanks to her elongated fangs.

The small girl screamed in pain and rolled from on top of her and she used that to roll on top and began slapping and punching the girl. Maybe she went too far, she had been irritated and frustrated before the fight, and maybe she let that fuel her. But she didn't stop until she was picked up by none other than scar face.

He laughed in her ear,
"You won darlin'. No need punch someone who can' punch back." he said.

She pushed him off her with a nod.
"Yeah. Thanks. she said wiping the blood from her lip and nose. She looked over to the girl who was being helped up into the room in the back, probably to regain consciousness. She did good, and kept her word. And maybe she felt a little guilty for it, but she started it.

She brushed down her hair and felt felt a sore spot from where Taynan must have pulled out a chunk of her hair. A bloody lip and nose, who knew how many bruises, and now a chunk of hair missing! That girl deserved every bit of what she got!

"Phira! Get your arse over here! You are going to have to cover for Tanyan since you wanted to let loose on her! the bartender scolded and yelled at her.

She was looked over at him with a shocked expression,
"You make it sound like I started it. I shouldn't be yelled at because I won." she argued childishly and was met with a glare.

"Yeah you did win. You also knocked out the only other waitress working. So you have to work her tables. Congratulations! Now start working! he said a lot of sarcasm that made her growl in frustration.

She stomped her foot in a tantrum and took the tray over to scar faces table. Apparently people had taken bets, and she had won that table some coin. Good for them, at least something good came out of that fight. She helped them out which took longer because they wanted to know when the next fight was and what her height and weight was.

She went on and began working all the other tables. As more and more people came in to celebrate, the less room she had to work. It was almost getting to the point where she had very little mirth left in her.

She served one table in front of her, and turned around to a table with a couple and 2 kids.
"Alright so what can I get you all? she asked trying to give the little ones a smile.

3 mixed berry ciders and an ale. And 4 meat stews, with a loaf of bread." the father ordered with a smile.

She nodded and went back to the bar to place the order. As much trouble as she was having, Surlo had to be having a tougher one. Trying to keep up with the demand of the large flow of people, and with all the employees that were trying to cause trouble. She didn't envy him in the slightest.

She jumped up high as she felt a squeeze on her arse, and turned around to see a regular drunk that stopped by her nightly, Clyde the pincher. He had a wife at home and a son, but like a lot of people in Sunberth was a habitual drinker. On top of that he liked to pinch female's arses.

She gave him an annoyed look,
"Clyde, sit down or leave. I am far too busy to put up with you. she hissed.

He laughed and pulled her into a drunken bear hug. "Dear Phi-ra. You wan' ta come home wit me? Me wife don' care." he slurred and hiccuped.

She growled and pushed him away,
No. Now sit down and get something to drink, or I will tell Surlo not to serve you anything. she said pushing him into the bar.

Time seemed to be on her side as one of her orders came up and she went to deliver it. If things were going to be this way tonight then she had to delve deep inside her for more patience than she ever had to use.

Delivering the tray full of ales and beers to the table she looked over at the family and noticed the little girl crying. She rolled her eyes, patience Phira, patience. she began thinking to herself as she went over.

She bent over and kneeled down to her level and gave her a warm smile,
"Why all the tears sweetling? she asked kindly.

My brot'er keeps kickin' me under th' table. Mama and papa don't believe me." she sniffled.

She looked up to the parents who looked a little annoyed, and embarassed that they got told on. She gave them a wink then looked at the two siblings, [color=mediumpurple]"If you two behave yourselves I will give you a little honey bread with your order."
she bribed. That earned her a smile from the whole family and possibly a very large tip.

So back and forth she went, helping annoying customers, drunk customers, overly happy and overly sad customers, and everything in between.

Word Count1,165

Last edited by Phira on January 15th, 2017, 7:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
So my computer hasn't been acting up lately and I am going to give posting a shot. So if you are still here and have been waiting for me to reply, thank you for your patience, and thank you for being understanding. I will get to them as soon as I can ;)
Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Celebrate Good Times

Postby Phira on December 6th, 2016, 5:39 am

18 Fall 516

She must have spent 3 or 4 bells working nonstop. Ciders, ales, pints, this stew is cold, this cheese is moldy...simply put any thing the customers could complain about, they did. Couple that with her pounding headache, her split lip, and her bruised face and you got a leopard that was about to snap.

She was a patient person, because she would hope other people would be patient with her. But dealing with drunk and high people, it was wearing on her virtue. She just wanted to eat, get home and lick her wounds. They healed faster that way. Tanyan had to be up by now. It was a little scuffle, and yeah they each took some licks, Tanyan more than her, the point was she had to be faking it.

She made her 1000th trip up to the bar with empty mugs,
"Tanyan has to be up by now. If she's not she is faking it. she complained to the Surlo, the bartender.

He rolled his eyes,
"I have no idea. Maybe she is but I don't have the time to check and neither do you. But believe me if she is she will pay for it. he comforted.

Good. But how to prove it? Because she was going to prove that the little snake was going to pay for sticking her with this much work. She waited a few tables before she came up with something. She just needed a few chimes to get into that room and get Tanyan her just desserts.

The crowd began to slowly dissipate but it was still packed in there. She licked her lip wound, it wouldn't be for another bell or two before she would have the time. She would wait, she didn't want to lose her job after all. She inhaled a deep breath and smiled, yes she would wait. She served another table with their orders, four two berry ciders, a stew, and 2 bread and cheese plates. And then began cleaning up the tables when she was stopped by Surlo.

"Don't bother cleaning up. We had such a busy night that we are closing early. You can leave the cleaning to Tanyan. Go get her. he said with a smile.

Really? Her plan to get proof that Tanyan was faking being knocked out didn't need to be carried out? The girl would get what she deserved regaurdless? That gave her a deep sense of satisfaction. She nodded and hopped towards the back as Surlo announced that they were closing early.

She opened the door and found Tanyan trying to pretend to be asleep. It was quite obvious that the girl wasn't. She had been sitting up and fell down on the makeshift bed.
"You can stop acting like a child now. Shifts over." she told.

Tanyan sighed and rolled her eyes,
"Good. Now I can get out of here. I hope you had fun working my shift.

She bit her tongue, and smiled with a sarcastic chuckle,
"Oh yeah. A lot of fun. she said and then smiled with genuine happiness, "But not as fun as you'll have cleaning up by yourself. Oh and I get all your tips too. Happy End of Curse Celebration! she said and turned with a flip of her hair and a saunter out of the room. That felt so good to do. She never had a problem with Tanyan until tonight, but that just goes to show you that Sunberth was a town of thugs.

She found the place almost empty and took her cloak out and put it on, when Tanyan came bareling out of the room,
"You cannot make me clean up everything! I was beaten to a pulp! You saw her! She was a savage! Surlo!?" she tried to argue.

She rolled her eyes at the girls pathetic plea,
"You have got to be kidding me!? You hit me too and I still had to work. You can clean up. she yelled back at the brunette. This girl was insufferable.

Surlo stepped in between them,
"You two will stop. And Tanyan if you didn't start it there wouldn't have been a fight. So you will clean. And both of you will be grateful that I don't report anything to Merv. he said with intimidation.

Phira nodded and took her scolding with as much dignity that she could get from it. She picked up the chunk of meat and bread that she stashed away for herself to eat when she got home, her mouth watered just thinking about it. She was going to celebrate too,
"Good night Surlo. she said, not bothering to talk to Tanyan anymore. She went straight back to her apartment to celebrate her way: Quietly with a nice meal, and a warm blanket to cuddle under.

OOC2 chunks of meat and a loaf of bread: -6 sm, 2 cm
Word Count800

Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Celebrate Good Times

Postby Aladari Coolwater on April 13th, 2017, 12:25 am

ImageGrades Ahoy!

Name:Phira

XP Award:
  • Flirting +1
  • Intimidation +2
  • Brawling +1
  • Persuasion +2
  • Medicine +1
Lore:
  • Self: I Hate Loud Celebrations
  • Intimidation: Making a Path in a Crowd
  • Tanyan: Whiny, Lying Bitch!
  • Brawling: No Need to Punch Someone Who Can't Punch Back
  • Happy Customers Means More Tips
  • Anything Customers Can Complain About, They Will
  • Medicine: Licked Wounds Heal Faster

Penalties/Rewards :
Phira's hair will have a chunk missing for awhile, but she will be otherwise generally unharmed. Assuming Phira ate them, you won't need to add the food to your inventory .

Comments :
This was a nice thread that showed a lot of Phira's personality. It felt like you could have made it a little longer and gotten a job thread out of it, though. Job threads are around 5 posts and 2500 words.

If you have any questions or feel I missed anything, feel free to PM me. Don't forget to edit your request to show that this has been graded, and enjoy!
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3