Lost and Found (Alenias)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Verilian on February 3rd, 2011, 2:34 am

Alenias was lucky to find herself not too far away from the Plaza of Dark Delights, but while she was lucky so too were her captors in that they also were nearby. But Alenias did not have to climb flights of stairs, search for a boat, or any of the other things that would slow down somebody traveling on foot. Spreading her wings she flew out over the open water to the docks and the Plaza of Dark Delights.

The House of Immortal Pleasures was a well known but nondescript building, crumbling paint and aged brick on the outside, but the inside was said to be lush and full of all the luxuries one could ask for. All manner of men and women found themselves at the House from time to time, from the highest ranking of the Black Sun to the lowliest slave, and today was no different as Alenias landed nearby witnessing a cautious young man approach the door. The man, barely old enough to call himself that, looked around cautiously to make sure nobody was watching, though no one would care even if they were, before entering the door. Light music and the scent of perfumes drifted out in the brief few seconds the door was open before being cut off again.Image

Alenias shifted and approached the unassuming door into Ravoks seedy dark side and slowly pushed it open. Black silk curtains hung from the walls while chairs and couches draped in black silk were neatly arranged around the large common room. The marble floor was cold on her feet as Alenias entered the common room, sparingly dressed men and women wandering through the the crowd. Several eyes fell on Alenias, who was of course in the nude after having shifted from her animal form and having left behind her clothing, but most continued onward finding the sight not at all unusual.

The lady Treanus had mentioned was named Siriana, but Alenias did not see any name tags.. or much of anything at all on the women wandering around, so she would have to ask around in order to find the woman. Most of the ladies were busy entertaining the various patrons of the House, but one did stop and approach Alenias. "What's the matter darling? You look lost? Did one of the men do you wrong, girl?" The woman took Alenias gently by the shoulders and, not waiting for any kind of response, ushered her into a side room where she quickly checked Alenias over. Brushing the hair from her eyes she said gently, "You must be new here. We're not supposed to let them see the goods till they pay, right? You'll be needing to put this on." The woman handed Alenias some clothes, or at least what passed for clothes in the House of Immortal Pleasures. "You sure you're alright? Did you need help with something else?"
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Alenias on February 3rd, 2011, 9:31 pm

Shivering from the cold, not to mention the pain that seemed to fill most of her body, Alenias entered into The House of Immortal Pleasure. Her noise scrunched up at the strange scents that met it, and she blinked at the people who looked at her. This was a very strange place, and normally she would have immediately left. The smells, the sounds, and especially the people. They acted strange, not caring that she didn't have clothes, and they looked strange. They had fancy clothes like the people who had lots of shinnies, but there seemed to be pieces missing from their clothes. She had something very important to do though, and so she continued forward to find Siriana.

Before she could start asking people where Siriana was a woman came up, causing Alenias to jump when she touched her shoulders, and quickly hurried her off to a small room. Most of what the woman said didn't make much sense to Alenias, but the question of if she needed help brought an immediate response, "Please, I need to find Siriana," she ignored the clothes offered to her by the woman as she spoke, "I need to find Siriana because Treanas is dead," fresh tears sprung to her eyes as she brought up Treanas' name, "Trevinus is coming and I have to make sure the dagger is safe and away from Trevinus because..." her lips trembled as tears started running down her cheeks once more, "Because... Treanas died.... Treanas died because of me..."
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Verilian on February 8th, 2011, 1:59 am

ImageThe woman stared at Alenias like she was crazy, putting a finger to the poor girls mouth and whispering calming words. "It's okay, child.. you've just had a bad day. It happens to the best of us. Nobody is dead, we're all fine. You'll be okay soon enough, don't worry." The woman stroked Alenias hair, trying to comfort her, apparently not believing a word the kelvic said. The woman had strong perfume, and also smelled of liquor. "You mentioned Siriana? She must be in charge of you. Don't worry, I'll find her for you. You just wait right here, and put on those clothes. We need you looking your best, don't we?" The woman offered Alenias a smile then exited the room, weaving her way through the crowd of men and women.

Alenias was left with a pair of funny clothes that looked like they were missing some parts to them, a comfy chair, and a mirror to look at herself in. She didn't have to wait long as a woman entered the room laughing coyly and pushing greedy hands from her waist. "I'll be right back, sir. Just gotta slip into something more comfortable." The man responded in a drunken voice, "What!? Slip out of it, more like!" The woman laughed and closed the door gently, letting out a long sigh and leaning her head against it. "Sorry about that," she mutter, turning around. "Sometimes it can be pretty... oh my!"

The scantily clad woman stopped mid sentence as her eyes fell on Alenias' face. Recognition filled her eyes as she quickly turned back and locked the door behind her. Turning back around she ran over and knelt in front of Alenias, examining her for any sign of injury. "What in the world are you doing here, Alenias? You shouldn't be here. Where is Treanus, did he send you?" He woman's eyes were frantic as she spoke, and she glanced back over her shoulders as if to make sure the door was still locked. She apparently knew of Alenias was, though how she was able to recognize her was unknown. Alenias was sure she had never met the woman before, but the woman knew exactly who she was.

OOCSorry, this is a short post... couldn't think of what to write.
Last edited by Verilian on February 13th, 2011, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Alenias on February 8th, 2011, 3:54 pm

OOCNo worries, somethin good doesn't have to be long. :)

Alenias' nose scrunched up at the unpleasant smells that reached it when the woman moved close and touched her lips. When the woman said no one was dead and tried to stroke her hair Alenias backed away, giving the woman a glare. Treanas was dead! She wanted to scream it at the woman, but before she could the woman left to go get Siriana.

Left alone in the room Alenias took a moment to look over the clothes, but after a moment she dropped them to the floor. She didn't really care about them, and wasn't even really sure how to put them on. Looking around the room she spotted the mirror, and moved over to look at herself in it. She hadn't really looked at herself in anything but water recently, and she did not look very good now. Her eyes were red and puffy from all the crying she had been doing, bruises were starting to show on her face, and there were still bits of dried blood from when Trevinus had first hit her.

If Treanas was there he would probably tell Alenias to wash up, and put some clothes on, but Treanas was gone now. Just the thought of him brought fresh tears to her eyes. Bowing her head she turned away from the mirror, and then gave a startled jump when the door to the room opened and another woman came in. Backing away from the woman and the grasping hands that held to her Alenias watched wide eyed as the woman spoke. This place was so strange she wanted to just fly out and never look back, but she had something important to do. She couldn't leave until she was done.

When the woman ran towards her Alenias took half a step back, but paused and blinked in confusion when the woman called her by name. When she mentioned Treanas as well she realized that this woman must be Siriana. That would explain why she knew Treanas, but not how she knew Alenias. That didn't matter though, Alenias had something more important to do.

"Treanas... He died," Alenias said, her voice cracking and fresh tears coming to her eyes, but she pushed on, "Trevinus killed him, and he's coming for the dagger. I have to make sure Trevinus doesn't get the dagger," the look she gave the woman was filled with determination. She would keep the dagger away from Trevinus, even if it cost her her life.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Verilian on February 13th, 2011, 1:33 am

Siriana's jaw dropped and she raised her hand to cover her mouth, whispering faintly, "Treanus... is dead?" The look of shock on her face was plain, but was quickly replaced with anger and then determination. Siriana stood, pulling Alenias up with her, and turned back to the door. She unlocked it and peeked out, calling somebody over. After whispering something quietly she closed the door and turned back to Alenias.

"We need to move quick.. Trevinus will not be far behind you. ...Alenias, I am sorry about Treanus.. there is a lot he kept secret from you, but know that he cared about you above all else."

A knock sounded on the door to the room and Siriana opened it. A woman handed her a small package, as well as a pair of cloaks, then shut the door. Siriana pulled on the cloak, tucking the package inside, then tossed the other pair to Alenias. "Put that on, you'll draw less attention to yourself." Once Alenias was dressed, she motioned for her to follow her out the door. Siriana led them across the room to a back door, taking Alenias out into the street behind. "We have to get this to the docks... I warn you though, if Trevinus catches you with me, he won't let you escape again. Now follow me, and stick to the shadows."

Not waiting to see if Alenias would follow, she turned and darted off down the street, running from building to building and peeking around the corner before crossing to the next one. As they passed one building Alenias spotted a group of men, Trevinus among them, heading toward the House of Immortal Pleasures. Siriana paused and whispered to Alenias, "The girls wont hold him for long.. I told them only to buy us a few minutes, but then to cooperate with him. I don't want any more deaths on our hands because of this." Siriana was off again, heading toward the water and a small boat docked at it's edge.

"Alenias... you don't have to come with me. Treanus would not have wanted to see you in danger."
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Alenias on February 13th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Alenias offered no resistance as Siriana moved to the door and called for someone. Siriana was at least not as strange as the other woman had been, and she seemed to know Treanas well. When the woman spoke of needing to move quick, and that Treanas had cared for her above all else she gave a small nod of her head and wiped at her freshest tears. She knew that Treanas had cared for her, she'd known it before this night, but that still didn't help her to feel better about him dying because of her. She wished things were different, that she was the one who had died and he was the one here running from Trevinus, but it was too late. Treanas was dead, killed by Trevinus, and Alenias would do anything to make sure Trevinus didn't get what he wanted.

When Siriana handed her the cloak Alenias took a moment to look it over, but then quickly put it on like Siriana had. It was warm, and Alenias took a brief moment to pull it tight around herself before Siriana motioned for her to follow. She moved quietly behind the woman, and was relieved to see that they were leaving the strange place. When Siriana spoke of getting the package to the docks, and about Trevinus, Alenias gave a small nod, "I'm not scared of Trevinus."

Following along behind Siriana Alenias moved as stealthily as she could while still keeping up. Glancing around as they moved between buildings she caught sight of Trevinus and anger filled her. She wanted to hurt him, to make him suffer like he had done to Treanas. Taking the dagger was not enough, not even close, but it was the last thing Treanas had asked her to do. She would make sure Trevinus did not get it.

"Treanas is dead because of me," Alenias said in reply to Siriana's offer to not come, "He only told Trevinus about you and the dagger because of me. I will not let Trevinus have that dagger no matter what," with determination written plainly on her face she followed Siriana towards the boat.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Verilian on February 23rd, 2011, 7:53 pm

Siriana nodded in response to Alenias, a look of approval in her eyes, then climbed into the boat. It was small, and only one set of oars were available, which Siriana scooped up as she got into position. After they were both in she pushed off in the direction of the far shore. The thought that Alenias could have just flown the dagger to safety briefly crossed her mind, but she quickly purged the thought. Treanus would not have wanted to put Alenias into any more danger than necessary, and sending her off alone with the very package Trevinus was after was much too dangerous. Siriana felt for the package beneath her cloak, reassuring herself that it was still safe, then continued paddling.

For a while they floated in silence, but soon heard shouts coming from the direction in which they had come. Looking back Alenias could see torches on the docks where they had launched off and could make out the familiar voice of Trevinus, sounding so much like his brother's, shouting orders. "There they are! Crossing the lake! After them!" there was silence for a moment shortly followed by the sound of arrows splashing into the water behind them, just out of range.

"We need to hurry," Siriana shouted as another volley of arrows fell behind them and she started paddling double time. They were about halfway across the lake and Trevinus' men were now pursuing in boats of their own. While Alenias could not make out Trevinus among them, she could hear him shouting at his men. There two boats, each with three men, all in hot pursuit. "Once we get to the shore we'll need to run for it. I have a place we can hide where we'll be safe but we can't go there until we've lost them. If it comes down to it I want you to fly away. Treanus believed in preserving life above all else. Sacrificing your own is not what he would have wanted. Do you understand?"

The next several minutes passed in silence as Siriana worked to keep them ahead of their pursuers. To an onlooker the chase would appear rather dull: a few boats paddling slowly across a calm and dreary lake in the dark. To Alenias and her companion it was far from dull as the occasional arrow splashed down among them, drawing closer and closer to it's target, and the shouts of their pursuers getting louder and louder. Finally they reached the shore and Siriana jumped out of the boat immediately. "Come on!" Siriana led Alenias into the forest at an all out run, but slowed down after a while paying more attention to where they were going. Eventually they came upon a small path which by all appearance was rarely traveled. They paused at the path, listening for Trevinus and his men. They could hear them in the distance, still hot on the trail.

Siriana turned to Alenias, her expression grave. "We may have to make a stand..." She pointed down the path, "Down that way is the hiding place I told you about. My associate knows to meet me there if I am not at the pleasure house. But he will not be along for some time.. Until then, we will have to keep away from Trevinus, but I fear we won't be able to avoid him forever. This could get ugly. You can still leave if you want.. but I wont turn away the help."

OOCFirst, sorry for taking so long on this. Just got a new job and it's been hectic. Also, just so you know, while Siriana may be offering you to leave, I am not trying to cut this thread short or anything. It would just be out of character for her not to try to convince you to go. Feel free to stay as long as you want. :)
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Alenias on February 23rd, 2011, 10:25 pm

OOCNo worries, I know how jobs go. :) This thread is WELL worth the wait, I've been lovin every moment of it. :)

Alenias quickly moved into the boat with Siriana, and watched as the woman started to paddle them out into the lake. It felt strange to be suddenly not doing anything after everything else that had happened so far that night. She pulled the cloak tightly about herself, hoping to keep the cold away as they moved further onto the lake.

The sound of Trevinus' voice broke the silence, and Alenias' attention shot back to the dock. She could see the torches, but no faces. Still she glared in the direction of Trevinus' voice. She wanted him hurt, she wanted him dead, like he had done to Treanas, but he was too strong and there were too many people with him. She would be happy if she could just keep the dagger from him like Treanas had wanted.

The sounds of the arrows made Alenias flinch back, and as Siriana began to talk she turned her attention back to the woman. When the Siriana asked if Alenias understood she shook her head and flatly replied, "No, I will not fly away. Treanas wanted me to keep the dagger from Trevinus, and I will do anything to make sure of that."

The next while was tense, Alenias flinching at each set of arrows, but eventually they landed on the other side. Alenias followed Siriana up onto the shore and into the forest. As she ran the whole situation started to seem rather familiar. The location was different, but this was feeling like the other times she had run and hid from people upset with her for various reasons. Maybe she could hide from Trevinus and his men like she had hid in Ravok?

Listening to Siriana explain the situation Alenias felt that thought grow. There was so much she had not understood this night, but hiding she knew well. Grasping one of Siriana's arms with her hand she gave a small shake of her head, "I won't leave, I won't let Trevinus get the dagger. We don't need to fight, we can hide. Follow me!"

With that she turned off of the trail and went deeper into the woods, giving Siriana's arm a light tug as she went. Her dark eyes darted back and forth, searching for a place for the two of them to hide, and she made sure to keep a grip on Siriana so she did not loose the woman. She needed somewhere that would not only fit the two of them, but that wouldn't trap them if they were found and needed to run again. Finally she saw something that would work, a large fallen tree that the two of them could hide behind, and she quickly clambered over the large log.

"Lay down and try not to move," she instructed Siriana as she did that exact thing. Laying on the rough forest ground she stilled her movements and listened to hear what Trevinus and his men were doing. After a few moments she carefully lifted her head up to peek above the log, ready to start running if Trevinus and the others were coming.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Verilian on March 5th, 2011, 2:55 am

Siriana climbed over the log after Alenias, keeping low but ready to move if they had to. The pair waited in silence for a some time. They could hear voices in the forest around them, though eventually they began to grow quieter and seemed to be moving away. After a while, all went quiet, but still they did not move from their hiding spot. Siriana peaked over the log, then bent back down to whisper to Alenias.

"I think it might be safe now."

She spoke to soon though, and they heard the sound of snapping twigs as somebody made their way toward them. Ducking back down Siriana looked to Alenias and put a finger to her lips. They could hear the footsteps drawing closer and could make out the faintest of whispers. The steps stopped near the log, and the pair could just barely make out what was being said.

"This is ridiculous," one voice complained, "We're not going to find them, and besides, they've probably already ditched the dagger." "Yeah," a second voice agreed, "If Trevinus wasn't so obsessed with advancing himself we wouldn't have to be out here in this cold. What's so special about that dagger anyway?" There was the sound of shuffling footsteps as one of the two men walked over and sat down on the very log Alenias and Siraiana were hiding behind. "I don't know," the sitting man replied, "I think it belonged to the Voice or something. Some kind of ritual dagger." "Well that explains why Trevinus wants it back so badly. Do a favor for her and he's bound to get another mark."

"Over here! I think I found something," another voice shouted in the distance. The two men jumped up and ran towards the voice, leaving Alenias and Siriana alone again. After peeking over the log again, Siriana whispered. "We should move now.. follow me." As quietly as possible Siriana led them through the forest, shadowing the nearby trail, and keeping a keen ear out for any footsteps or voices. Eventually they came to a small clearing where Siriana paused. Pulling the silk gloves she wore off her right hand, she raised it and held it out to the clearing.

After a moment her hand began to glow, then flared brightly for a brief second before winking out. They sat and waited, though Siriana did not say what for, until Alenias noticed a similar glow from across the clearing. Siriana noticed it as well, whispering to Alenias, "Good, he is here. Fortune favors us this time." Pulling Alenias behind her Siriana stepped into the clearing and crossed quickly to the other side. Re-entering the trees they traveled a short distance before reaching a small cottage. A man was waiting for them, a smile wide on his face. "Siriana, so good to see you again. I heard you had some trouble.. and who might this be?"

Siriana introduced Alenias and proceeded to explain all that occurred, from Treanus capture and death all the way up to their flight into the woods. She introduced the man as Cailan, another follower of Priskil, and explained that both she and Treanus were also followers of the goddess of light. He had kept it a secret from Alenias, as well as most everyone else, for her own protectin. Now he was dead and could not protect Alenias anymore, but Siriana explained that if she ever needed anything she had but to ask.

"The dagger is safe now," Siriana spoke, "But we should probably stay here for the night until things die down. Trevinus didn't see our faces, so he wouldn't know it was you that was with me. We should be safe here for now.."
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Alenias on March 7th, 2011, 6:13 pm

It seemed her idea had worked as the forest grew silent, and Alenias smiled to herself. When Siriana peeked over the log Alenias did the same. They were gone, Trevinus had lost them! She was about to nod in agreement with what Siriana said, but then she heard the first twig snap.

Alenias' heart jumped as she froze, and she tilted her head slightly to listen to the sounds coming towards them. As the sounds came closer her body tensed, readying to spring up and run, but she did not move yet. If the men didn't notice them, no matter how close they got, then they were still hidden.

Quietly she listened to the men speak, barely daring to breath as they stood just on the other side of the log. Only after the men had left did Alenias relax and let out a slow breath. Giving a small nod to Siriana in agreement she carefully got up and followed the woman deeper into the forest.

When Siriana paused at the clearing Alenias paused as well, but turned a curious gaze on the woman as she pulled her glove off. Unsure what was happening she watched in silence, and then her eyes widened in surprise when Siriana made her hand glow. Wondering what would happen next she turned her eyes to the clearing, and was slightly disappointed when all she saw was another glow like Siriana had done. She had thought maybe the hiding place would appear, or the trees would move or something.

The appearance of the man at the cottage made Alenias slightly nervous, but Siriana had said they were meeting someone, and she seemed to trust him so Alenias didn't pull away. Instead she just watched silently as the two spoke. The reminder of Treanas' death brought a pang to her heart and tears to her eyes, but she remained silent. Trevinus might still be in the woods, and she wouldn't want to draw him with the sound of her crying.

When Siriana said the dagger was safe Alenias gave a soft sigh. It was over now, she had done what Treanas had asked, and now she could... what? What would she do now that Treanas was gone? The relief of being safe was quickly overwhelmed by the great emptiness that filled Alenias at the reality of the situation. Treanas was gone forever now, not just missing, and she did not know what to do. The pain in her body, desire for sleep, and even her anger at Trevinus were all swallowed up by the emptiness.

With the drive that had pushed her through everything else that night now gone Alenias' body went limp and she fell to her knees heavily. Grasping onto the only thing she had left of Treanas she turned her tear filled eyes up to Siriana, "Treanas... What do I do without Treanas?..."
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext