Lost and Found (Alenias)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Verilian on January 9th, 2011, 9:50 pm

Timestamp: 20th of Winter, 510 AV

Days had passed, and still no sign. So man days that Alenias could not just sit tight any longer and had to go searching for him, but still no sign. Where was Treanas? Was he alright? Was he ever coming back? All these questions plagued her mind as Alenias ran home through the night. It was getting late, and while freezing the air combined with the breeze made her cold. She couldn't help but hope that Treanus would be there waiting for her, but but such fancies were forced out as she entered the abandoned storage room she called home. A man was standing in her little abode, but not the man she had been hoping for. This one Alenias had never seen before, and normally she would have run, but her way was blocked as another man stepped up behind her. He looked dangerous by himself, even without the nasty looking blade hung casually from his hip. "Alenias, I presume." The man in the center of the room spoke and motioned for her to come in, "Please, do make yourself comfortable. I assure you, the Black Sun means you no harm, so long as you cooperate." The man's voice was like that of a snake's, and it was clear he couldn't be trusted. But what choice did Alenias have? The way out was blocked, and to make an enemy of the Black Sun was to make an enemy of the entire city. She had no choice but to do as she was told, moving into the room. The man behind her stepped in as well, closing the door shut.

The man stared at Alenias for a few moments which seemed to stretch for ages. He was wearing dark robes, and something glinted beneath them that looked like a dagger. Suddenly the man moved, closing the distance between himself and the kelvic. He leaned close to her, staring into her eyes, his right eye white and pupil less. "This is for you," the man said, slowly handing Alenias a rolled up parchment before turning away and walking back to his original position in the center of the room. The note read as follows:

Reading the note, however, wasn't necessary as the man began to speak the moment he returned to his place in the center of the room. "It says you are to come with me. We have captured your friend, Treanus, and believe him to have stolen something of value from us. He says, however, that it couldn't have been him because he was with you." At this point the agent turned around, staring across the room at Alenias with those strange, mismatched eyes. "We do not believe him, and if he is lying, then perhaps you can help us find out the truth. He seems resistant to our.. methods." The man grinned an evil grin at Alenias that sent shivers running down her spine. Something told her that it didn't matter whether or not she agreed to help them, she would be forced to anyway. "Tell us, what were you doing at about this time, two nights ago? And do not lie to me, I will know it." Behind her, the man guarding the door shuffled and Alenias could hear the clank of his blade as hit hit something metal in his pants. The agent who had been doing all the talking shot him a silencing glance. "Were you with Treanus two nights ago?"
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Alenias on January 10th, 2011, 6:10 pm

Though shivering and rubbing her arms from the cold outside, as soon as Alenias realized that someone else was in the room she froze. Quickly she jerked her attention to the man, hoping for Treanas, but hope was quickly replaced with anger. No one should be here other than her or Treanas, it was their home! Balling her little fists up she glared at the man, at least until she realized that there was another man behind her. With the realization that she was outnumbered and cornered came a sharp stab of fear, but not enough to chase the anger away. Caught between the two feelings she returned her glare to the man who was speaking, her light frame trembling.

It was like this that she listened to the man talk, glaring and watching his movements with her dark eyes, until he mentioned Treanas. All other thoughts were swept aside by the realization that this man had Treanas, and could take her to him. She barely even heard anything else that the man said as Treanas' name echoed in her head, and no sooner had the man finished talking than Alenias approached him, dropping the note to the floor without even having looked at it, and said, "Treanas? You have Treanas? Where is he, take me to him! I'll answer whatever you want, but take me to Treanas first!"

Tears welled up in her eyes at the thought of finally being able to see Treanas again, and she shook with desire to just bolt out of the room and try and find him. This man knew where Treanas was hidden, and she wouldn't leave the man alone until he let her see him.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Verilian on January 15th, 2011, 3:37 am

When Alenias approached the agent the man behind her moved also, making to grab her from behind, but a simple gesture from the agent stopped him and he relaxed, letting Alenias speak. The agent listened to Alenias pleas without a look of pitty on his face, and when she was done he took two steps forward bringing himself right up to her. When he spoke his voice was low and harsh, "You..." he raised his hand suddenly and struck Alenias across the face, the force of the blow dropping her to her knees, "Do... not.. make... demands... of.. me!" Each word was followed by an openhanded strike across the face, until blood poured from her nose.

The agent turned away and the man behind Alenias grabbed her arms, slapping a pair of shackles onto her wrists. She could have possibly escaped by shifting into her much smaller animal form, but the agent's next words removed any thoughts of escape from her mind. "I will take you to your precious Treanas, and then one of you will answer my questions, one way or the other." Before she could respond the man behind her shoved a hood down over her head, covering her vision in darkness. She felt herself being tugged to her feet, and dragged back towards the door. A moment later the door shut behind them and she was drug through the streets. She could hear whispers of people watching, she could hear the agent who struck her speaking quietly with somebody, and then found herself being loaded into a boat.Image

"Do not try to escape," the agent said as they floated across the water to some unseen destination, "Or we will hunt you and kill you. Your friend as well." He did not speak for the rest of the ride, and Alenias was left to her thoughts beneath the blindfold, unsure of where they were going but certain it would bring her to Treanus. The other man, the one who had bound and blindfolded her, never left her side. She could feel his eyes always on her, feel him watch every move she made. Often when she appeared to be getting antsy his hand would come to rest on her shoulder, neither comforting nor threatening, but only as a reminder that she had no where to run.

After what seemed an eternity but was perhaps only a few chimes of the bell the agent spoke again, "We are here." She was pulled to her feet and lifted onto the dock, then guided into a building. She could tell it was a building because of the subtle change in the air and the difference in lighting from beneath the hood. There were candles in the room and she could smell them, but they were not staying there. She was led through several doors, up and down flights of stairs, around corridors and finally into a cool room where, not far away she could hear whimpering. "We found her, Treanus..." The shackles were removed and the hood pulled off, and the first thing her eyes fell upon was that of a young man, bloody and beaten, chained to the wall, but undeniable.. unmistakably, Treanus.

They were in a cell, a closed stone door behind them. The agent was there, along with the other man. There was little else of note in the room, aside from a food tray barely within reach of the chained man. He could barely lift his eyes in recognition as they brought the woman into the room, but what did show on his face was utter despair. The two men watched as the pair were reunited, remaining silent and unmoving for a few minutes. After what they deemed enough time the man who had yet to speak a word moved forward and grabbed Alenias by the waist, hauling her back to the far side of the room and holding her in place. "There, you have seen him," spoke the agent. "Are you ready to answer my questions? Was Treanus with you two nights ago?"
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Alenias on January 15th, 2011, 7:37 pm

The first slap to Alenias' face brought out a cry of pain and shock, and tears sprung to her eyes. Each of the following strikes brought another cry and more tears. When the man had finished Alenias was crying softly, and trembling in fear of the man who stood over her. She didn't even think of fighting or running when the shackles were placed upon her, but what the man said did stop her crying. No matter what they did, she would endure it to see Treanas again.

When the hood was placed over her head even her shaking stilled, and the journey passed in a hazy blur. She might have fallen asleep at one port or another, she wasn't sure, but throughout the entire time only one thought mattered to her. She was going to see Treanas again. She would finally be reunited with him.

The removal of the hood caused her to blink a couple times, but once her eyes fell on Treanas she gave a startled cry and rushed forward to him. Dropping to her knees on the ground in front of him she reached up a trembling hand to lightly touch his bloody chest, fresh tears springing to her eyes, "Treanas... Oh Treanas..." her voice was a mixture of sorrow at seeing his beaten body, and relief at seeing him again.

All to soon she was pulled away, and now she struggled, even if it was in vain, kicking her legs and trying to use her arms to pry off the strong arms around her waist. When the man spoke she stopped, turning a fierce and determined gaze to him as she spoke, "Yes, Treanas was with me. He didn't take what you say he did, so let him go, let us go!" she only hoped he would accept that. She would do or say whatever she needed to to get Treanas free and with her again.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Verilian on January 21st, 2011, 7:16 pm

"Yes, Treanas was with me. He didn't take what you say he did, so let him go, let us go!"
Cold eyes stared back at Alenias, regarding her as if she were nothing more than an insect in his way, waiting to be squashed. After a moment he sighed, and motioned to the man holding her. Strong arms released her from their grasp, and she heard the sound of a blade being pulled from his sheath. The agent knelt in front of her and whispered, "I told you I would know if you were lieing." His eyes went from hers to the man behind her and she could hear a swift movement then a cry of pain from Treanus across the room. The man had thrown a dagger, striking him in the leg just above the knee. A cruel smile crept across the agents face, "The dagger is poisoned. Go to him, tell him if he does not tell us what he did with our property he will die. You don't want him to die, do you."

As if to punctuate the point Treanus cried out in pain again and collapsed at the end of his chains, trembling violently. "The poison will burn through his body, he will not survive the night unless we give him the antidote. Tell him we know all about his arrangement with the Order of Radiance. We only want what he took from us. If he gives it to us, we will let you both go."

Treanus was struggling back to his knees as the agent finished speaking, and his eyes looked toward them pleadingly. He could barely keep himself upright, such was the damage the poison was doing to his body, but he managed to force out the words, "I don't know anything," before collapsing again.

oocThis is a short update, sorry, but I had to get things progressing. Please feel free to play the part of Treanus. Convince him to talk, plead with him, beg with him, whatever it takes. The only problem is, he doesn't know anything, no matter what you say. It is hopeless.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Alenias on January 22nd, 2011, 3:01 pm

For one terrifying moment Alenias stared wide eyed at the strange eyed man, frightened that he was going to have her stabbed for her lying. What he did was much worse, she would have rather been stabbed over and over again than see Treanas hurt. No longer being held she ran to his side, fresh tears springing to her eyes as she knelt next to him, her body now trembling with fear.

She didn't know what the strange eyed man was talking about, but she knew that he was lying. Treanas said he didn't know, and so he didn't know, but there had to be something she could do. Leaning close to him she spoke in a trembling voice, "Treanas... please, tell them something, anything so they let us go."

"I don't know anything Alenias,"
Treanas' voice was strained, and the look of despair and pain on his face tore at Alenias' heart .

"I know Treanas," Alenias said softly, hoping the strange eyed man couldn't hear her, "But maybe if you tell them something they'll at least keep you from dying."

"It doesn't matter Alenias, they're crazy. They just want..."
Treanas voice was cut off by another tremor that wracked his body.

Alenias turned tear filled eyes to the strange eyed man, sobbing out, "Please! He doesn't know anything, he didn't do it! Please..." she desperately tried to think of something, anything she could say to help save Treanas, "I... I'll go look for the thing you lost, or... anything! Please, I'll do anything, just don't let Treanas die!"
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Verilian on January 22nd, 2011, 5:39 pm

The agent watched as Alenias pleaded with Treanus, begging him to tell them something. The man was stubborn, and it was clear they would have to use a different tactic. Alenias was innocent in this matter, he knew, but the items that were stolen were just too valuable to let slide by. Treanus was already sentenced to death, but if he could find out what happened to the items and perhaps stop them from reaching their destination it might just be the boost he needed to get his next promotion. The agent nodded to himself, making up his mind, then leaned in and whispered something to his companion.

"Very well, Treanus. It is clear that your own life is not as valuable to you as your mission.. but what of hers?"

The guard rushed forward, grabbing Alenias again and pulling her away from Treanus, who was suddenly struggling to get to his feet. "Leave her alone!" The agent stepped forward, coming face to face with Treanus. "Little brother... it's bad enough that you betrayed your family, your city, and your god... but will you let the person you care about most suffer just for your precious Order?" The agent now revealed to be Treanus' older brother stepped back and turned to the guard and Alenias, nodding his head. The guard's hand clamped down on her shoulder, his fingers digging in and inflicting incredible pain on the pressure point there.

"No!! I said leave her alone! Damn you, Trevinus! Damn you!!"

The agent, Trevinus, only shook his head. "She doesn't have to suffer, you know. Just tell me what I need to know and I'll set her free. Or would you have an innocent die simply because you refuse to give us what we want?" The guard squeezed again, and again Alenias was filled with pain so strong it forced her to her knees. The guard drew another knife, kneeling behind her and tracing a thin line across her cheek, not drawing blood but implying that he would if he needed to.

"No!"

Trevinus nodded to the guard who, rather than cutting open her cheek, took the knife and jabbed it into Alenias thigh. "Is the blade poisoned, I wonder?" Trevinus quietly taunted behind the sounds of pain and the shouts of protest from Treanus. "Or does it just hurt?" The guard, one arm locked around Alenias so she couldn't escape, the other turning the knife just a bit in her thigh, was content to remain quiet as he performed his ghastly work. Trevinus knelt in front of Alenias, whispering in her ear. "Only he can end the pain for you... beg him to make it stop. Beg him to spare your life, little birdie. Oh yes, we know about you too, so don't try to fly away from this. There's nowhere to run."

"Let her go! I don't know anything!"

Trevinus shook his head sadly, approaching Treanus again. "You do know it... I can see it in your eyes. You cannot hide the truth from me, brother." He glanced over his shoulder back to Alenias and the guard, then returned his gaze to Treanus. "Or perhaps threat of pain and death isn't enough.... perhaps she should suffer the curse?" Trevinus slowly removed the glove on his left hand, wiggling his fingers in front of the prisoner's eyes. "We can make her life miserable... we can corrupt her. We can take your innocent little pet and turn her into one of us? Would you like that, Treanus? It's not hard... everyone stops fighting at some point. The promise of an end to all suffering is too enticing to be denied, and Rhysol is oh so good to us. She could be my pet. I promise I would take care of her, and make her into a perfect servant of chaos. Is that what you'd like, little brother?" Trevinus stood, turning back to Alenias, "It all starts with a simple touch."

"No!! Don't touch her!"

OOCYour injuries are minor and won't leave any lasting damage, but they hurt like hell. Especially when he twist's the knife. But don't worry, you aren't poisoned... though Alenias doesn't know that.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Alenias on January 22nd, 2011, 7:17 pm

When the guard grabbed Alenias she kicked and flailed once more, not wanting to be separated again from Treanas. It was all in vain though, the guard was too strong, and all she could do was reach desperately for Treanas as she was pulled further away.

The revelation that the strange eyed man was Treanas' brother caught Alenias by surprise, and her arm slowly fell down as she stared at the man. Why was he being so cruel to Treanas if they were brothers? Any further thought on the matter was cut off at the pain in her shoulder, and she cried out in pain. Fresh tears sprung from her eyes as she tried to pull away once more in vain. She opened her mouth to call out to Treanas again, but was cut off by an even more painful squeeze, and she fell to her knees with another cry of pain.

The sound of another blade being drawn widened Alenias' eyes, fearing seeing another knife stuck in Treanas. When it slid along her neck she froze, fear seizing her heart. Would she die here, watching helplessly as Treanas died from poison? She stared, wide eyed at Treanas, wanting her last sight to be of Treanas at least.

The pain in her leg came as almost a relief, but the pain still made her cry out. The cry became a scream as the dagger was twisted, and she struggled once more against the strong arm that held her. It did not help though, and then Trevinus whispered to her. Still whimpering and shuddering in pain she cast a glare at the man, hardly frightening with her tear filled eyes, but the message was clear. Only Treanas could tell her what to do, she would not betray him.

She didn't understand what Trevinus threatened next, but she could tell from Treanas that it wasn't good. Nothing since she had met the strange eyed man had been good, but she would not, or even could not give up. She would do ANYTHING to have Treanas free, even give up her life. Staring at the man, her body trembling she spoke in a ragged voice, broken by rough gasps for air caused by her pain, "Why?.. Why are you.. doing this to... your Brother?... I don't care.. what you do to me... just let him live... Please..."
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Verilian on January 22nd, 2011, 8:26 pm

"Why?.. Why are you.. doing this to... your Brother?... I don't care.. what you do to me... just let him live... Please..."

What might have been a moment's hesitation passed through Trevinus as Alenias pleaded with him, but it was gone in an instant and he continued his slow approach, his hand only inches from her face. Rhysol's constant demand for tests of loyalty could be hard on a man's soul, but Trevinus was not about to fail his god. His hand reached Alenias forehead, it was cold and slightly damp, and he was about to speak when Treanus shouted out.

"STOP!!! Please stop... I'll tell you everything." Treanus looked into Alenias eyes, tears coming from his own. "Promise you will let her go, swear it, and I will tell you everything you want to know."

Trevinus did stop, taking his hand away from Alenias and turning to face his brother, a pleased smile played across his lips. "I knew you would come to your senses. I promise, I swear by the Voice and Rhysol himself that your pet will go free. Now, where are the documents you stole from us. What did you intend to do with the dagger?" His voice was a mixture between excitement and desperation. Trevinus knew this information would be just what he needed to take his career to the next level, to prove his faith to Rhysol and become one of the Druvin, at least he hoped so. It would all be worth it, everything he had done.

Treanus never took his eyes off Alenias, sorrow in his own. "I don't know what the dagger was for, I was only told to steal it.. the documents are already on their way to Taldera. The dagger.. is still here. It is hidden in one of the back rooms at the House of Immortal Pleasures. Just ask for Siriana.. tell her to Light the darkness in you heart. One of the Order was supposed to pick it up tonight. I don't know what they're going to do with it." Treanus body slumped, and he finally broke eye contact with Alenias. The last emotion she could see in his eyes was sorrow... he had betrayed his Order and his God, neither of which Alenias had known anything about, to save her life. So many secrets he had kept from her, for her own protection, and he would never get the chance to tell her why.

Trevinus stood in contemplation. The documents were gone but he could still retrieve the dagger. Perhaps he could even capture the one who was supposed to pick it up. And the whore who was keeping it safe would surely need to be punished. "Thank you little brother, I am glad you finally came to your senses." Trevinus turned and made to walk out of the room when Treanus spoke up again, "Wait... you said.. you would let her go."

Trevinus stopped, "Oh yes, I did say that didn't I." He turned to Alenias, "Enjoy your last moments with him. He doesn't have long now, and the pain will soon become unbearable. If you're merciful, you might put him out of his misery. Once you're done here, you'll find a shaft just down the hall for air circulation. I'm sure you can find a way to get up it... I wouldn't recommend trying to take the front door. My brethren might not be as kind as I." And with that, Trevinus turned and strode out of the room along with the guard, leaving Alenias and Treanus alone.

Treanus was clearly in pain, and was now unable to control the trembling. Tears ran openly from his eyes, and he hardly responded to touch. The dagger still remained in his leg, though removing it would do little to lessen his pain, and nothing to stop the poison coursing through his veins. If spoken to he would try his best to respond, but much of what he would say was little more than incoherent babbling at this point. The man was dieing, though how long it would actually take was uncertain.

OOCOkay... so we've got a lot of options here. You can let Treanus die and the thread can end here. You can try to free him or get him help, though doing so will be extremely difficult. You can talk to him, question him, try to comfort him. You can try to investigate the dagger at the House of Immortal Pleasures. You can pursue Trevinus and the guard. Or you can just escape and leave him to die. I leave it up to you.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Lost and Found (Alenias)

Postby Alenias on January 23rd, 2011, 4:01 am

The pain of the dagger in her leg, and everything else that had been done to her this evening, was nothing compared to what Alenias felt as she watched Treanas suffer and struggle. The sorrow she saw in his eyes as he stared at her tore at her heart, and all she could do was sob softly as Treanas and Trevinus spoke. As much as it hurt she couldn't look away. She couldn't doubt him, couldn't speak against his actions.

When Treanas collapsed her eyes fell to the floor, and she broke down into louder sobs. She didn't understand everything that was going on, or even all that was being said, but she did understand that Treanas was doing this for her. She would do anything for him, all he had to do was ask, and he was suffering, dying, because of her.

When the guard released her she slumped to the floor, and after a few moments she began crawling towards Treanas on her hands and knees. Her sobs died down as she crawled, and by the time she reached him they were nothing more than sniffles. Tears were still running down her cheeks as she looked at Treanas' trembling form. She reached out a hand to touch his shoulder as she spoke roughly, "Treanas... What do I do?"

"A... Al... Alhenus," Treanas was looking at her, but his eyes seemed to be having a hard time seeing her as he struggled to speak, "G... Guh... Go... Hah... E... Eey."

"No Treanas," Alenias sobbed, even as her body started to stand, "I don't want to leave you, I want to help you."

"Ggggggggggg... Gggg.. GO!" Treanas' voice rose, and then he fell into soft babbling.

Alenias turned and ran, tears streaming down her cheeks as she fled the room at Treanas' request. So much she didn't understood about what had happened, but one thing she understood now. Treanas was dieing because of her, but Trevinus had killed him for a dagger at the House of Immortal Pleasures. She couldn't help save Treanas, but she could save what was important to him.

Finding the vent Trevinus had spoken of Alenias transformed in a swirl of light, leaving behind her soaked and bloody dress, and then scrambled up the small opening into the cold night sky. Spreading her wings she flew in a circle a few times, getting her bearings on where she was, and then turned in the direction of the Plaza of Dark Delights. Beating her wings as fast and hard as she could she flew through the dark night, hoping to arrive at the Plaza of Dark Delights before Trevinus.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next