[Traveller's Row] Shane & Leyley's Room [Leyley]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Leyley August on January 15th, 2011, 6:41 am

Leyley started to shiver. Not because she was cold, but because the thought of Shane leaving her terrified her. she vaguely felt him lift her into his arms and take her over to the bed and then pulled the sheets over her. She could hear noise, but it barely registered to her. The place was lit by the fire which Sahne had started again. She eard him going through his bag and then he was suddenly by her side. Making her sit upright and then made her drink the water. Which she did, though not much...

Some of the life and energy she once carried came back to her features and she gently pushed his hand away, making him take the water skin with him. "I'm fine, Shane," Leyley said but as she saw the look in hsi eyes, she turned away, look wanting to meet his gaze. "I just went out to get some fresh air and when I was coming back... they appeared. They tried to force me to go with them. But I wouldn't so they... used force. I promise that I dd try to stop them. tried to get away, but.. because I hadn't gotten any sleep last night and after everything tha had already happened.. I was exhausted. I lost consciousness..... When I came to my clothes were barely on me and I was sore... Shane..they..they.." Leyley couldn't say it. Everything that she had said hurt to say.. Why had she come back here at all? Why hadn't she just left so she didn't have to face him like this? The mix of emotions which danced across her features and danced in her eyes, changed constantly. Fear, uncertainty, sadness and pain..

Leyley turned her face away from Shane, unable to see his expression. She just knew that'd it nearly kill her if she saw it. She wanted to try and forget any of it happened.. But it was impossible. It wouldn't ever happen... It couldn't happen. This event would be engraved in her mind forever and if she saw Shane's expression she couldn't be certain she wouldn't fall apart right here. Maybe a 'save the princess' scenario would always happen with her no matter what she tried. She had just found out, she couldn't honestly protect herself. She'd just be a burden to Shane.

Leyley climbed out of the bed, avoiding Shane, and she stumbled to the door. She didn't look at Shane as she grabbed the doorhandle, about to go out and vanish from his life forever.

OOC: unless you decide you hate RPing with me. Stop her! Ninja style! lol jks. :ninja:
Leyley August
Player

Words: 23857
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2011, 10:41 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 15th, 2011, 7:23 am

The boy felt a dark sadness overwhelm him as he listened to her tale, how a harmless stroll through the city turned into a horrible, horrible experience with a group of dirty lowlife scum. He tried to stroke her hair, but she jerked away from him. "Look... Don't worry. We'll get you washed up and forget this ever happened. It doesn't mean I will love you any less. but his words did nothing as she rose from the bed, her tattered clothing revealing several compromising parts of her body, including the aforementioned sores. He turned his attention the other way, not out of embarrassment, but out of respect. He did not want to make the matter worse. But it seemed that it had already gone from bad to worse.

Shane's hand shot forwards as Leyley started to leave, her shadow sweeping across Shane as he kneeled by the bedside, his eyes wide and full of confusion. His body refused to move as his love walked towards the door. The idea that this would be list time he ever saw her made his heart twist in agony. Move damn it, why won't you move? His body disobeyed. He just sat there dumbfounded by her sudden actions. This isn't happening. It's just a bad dream. Wake up wake up wake up! She was still heading for the door and he was still sitting there like a deer who sees the arrow flying towards him. All of his hopes, his dreams, his love. It was going to leave with her. The light around the next bend in the path began to fade. Finally he forced his legs to move, leaping towards the fleeing girl with inhuman speed and clutching her hand in his.

They stood there, frozen in time, her hand on the doorknob and his hand wrapped around hers. He failed to find the words he needed to convinc her to stay, so he let the silence engulf them. His hand trembled as his body shook with fear and sadness. His voice shook as well"Leyley... Please... Don't go he pleaded softly. "Do... Do you remember what you said to me? You said you wouldn't let this lip through your grasp, that we would face the world together. You can't go back now! Leyley... I need you. You are the only person that has ever made me happy, the only person that made me look forwards to the next day. You give me hope, meaning, and confidence. When we touch I forget the suffering I've endured and think only of you. You, who came in the night and stole my heart. Please don't go. I'm begging you. Don't do this." tears rolled down his face now, his rugged features softened by his emotion. He tightened his grip on her hand and whispered once more "Please"

OOC: just gonna ruin the mood here for a moment. Its 1:21 here in Texas and I'm beat. I just want to give you that heads up so you don't think I'm just bailing out on you in the middle of a dramatic moment.
"Which path will you take?." Asked the Wolf
"the path of needles or the path of pins?"

"I guess I'll take the path of needles," the little girl replied.

"Then I'll take the path of pins and we'll see who gets there first"
Shane Blackridge III
Sandvich and I are coming for you!

Words: 33211
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2011, 6:08 pm
Character sheet

Postby Leyley August on January 15th, 2011, 8:06 am

OOC: alright, that's fine. i'll be up till 2-3am so that's about 9 10 hours, that should be fine, ey? probably shouldn't stay up that late only 15...well nearly... but anyway.

Leyley's fingers curled around the handle and then, out of nowhere, a large, rough hand surrounded hers. Her hand dwarfed his and yet, she didn't look at him even as he spoke. Her nearly lifeless eyes stayed glued to his hand around hers. She felt so defeat and vile, how could he still want her around him? Then he spoke about what she had said yesterday. She had said that, hadn't she? But that didn't mean that they should let this slide. It was her own damn fault that she left and allowed those men anywhere near her. She couldn't drag Shane into her problems.

It just wasn't fair on him. But then, he said what she meant to him and Leyley faltered. Is that what she really meant to him? Was she really that important? No. She couldn't be. He just had to be saying that. This illogical way of thinking, though, knew it was because she couldn't accept what had happened. What if Shane went off to fight them for what they did and he got hurt because of it? How could she live with that. As he begged her not to go again, she could hear the tears in his wavering, unsteady voice. Though, Leyley didn't listen. He grip on the handle tightened, but as did his on her hand. She tried to pull away, but she had absolutely no strength left.

"How?" Leyley asked, "How can you want to stay with someone like me? I've brought nothing but trouble into your life since I met you. Yet, you thought that I was strong enough to protect myself." she turned face him, trying her best not to falter at the sight of his tears, "you thought I could protect myself, and yet, what happens to me? I get raped! Godammit, Shane... I'm not as strong as you think I am. I only know how to protect myself from animals and how to survive. I have no idea how to defend myself. Really defend myself. I'm still a girl, Shane, who, under everything, isn't as strong as she makes out to be," Leyley said, her voice strained from fighting back tears. She ahdn't want to tell him. Hadn't wanted to tell Shane that she wasn't strong. Hadn't wanted to say out loud what had happened otherwise that meant accepting it.

Leyley tried to pull her hand from Shane's grip and yet it stayed as it was. She couldn't escape from him. She couldn't run anywhere and hide, to pretend this was all just a terrible nightmare. a sweet dream turned to a horrible nightmare in moments. Moments that Leyley could've prevented if she just stayed inside.. It was her fault. Entirely her fault.
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 15th, 2011, 6:23 pm

Shane fought back most of his tears, trying to keep calm in such a dramatic moment. Her words struck him deeply, admitting that she could not protect herself as well as he had thought. She was, after all, only 16. It didn't matter to Shane. He didn't care if it meant that he would have to protect her, to guard her at all times. Maybe a "Save the Princess" scenario wasn't as bad as he made it out to be. She meant so much to him, made him feel signifcant. He was willing to do anything for her. Something inside him told him that she needed him too. He wasn't sure if that was true or not, but one thing was for sure, he wasn't going to let her leave.

"Leyley, listen to me" his voice was stern now as the tears came less frequently. He inhaled deeply and grabbed her other hand, bringing it together with her other. "Leyley, I love you. Your mind would boggle at how much love I have for you. I would go to the ends of the world and back just to see you smile. And you claim that you are the cause of my misfortunes, but I've had my share of problems before I met you, so don't believe that nonsense. If anyone should be apologizing it should be me. ". He gave a weak smile, trying to cheer her up, but it had no effected. He sighed. "When I pronounced our matehood, I made a Blackridge vow. I vowed I would stay by your side through thick and thin. I would always stand by your side whether it be for comfort or protection. Leyley, I am a proud Blackridge. I never go back on my word, never break a promise, never say we can do something we can't. I'm telling you right now, I will always be here for you. I will protect you with my life. You are the most important person in the world to me." he stopped and looked at her, his eyes full of sadness and chaos.

As a last effort he embraced her, wrapping his arms around her limp body. He let her head rest upon he shoulder and gently stroked her hair. He feared that she would pull away, so he pulled her in closer, sharing his heat with the frail girl. He said not a word as he caressed her, comforting his distraught darling. At one point he turned his head and kissed the side of her head, his hot breath rolling across her hair."I would never be able to live with myself if I let you go." he whispered softly into her ear.

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Postby Leyley August on January 16th, 2011, 12:09 am

Leyley looked up at Shane as he spoke but she looked away and avoided eye contact shortly after he said she loved him. Even after this? She couldn't beleive it. He should be telling her to leave and never come back. That way she'd be able to eventually stop these feelings for him. But if he said this, no, she'd never be able to forget him. Then Shane said something about Blackridge vows. That didn't matter anymore. Then he said that he'd always be here for her and he'd protect her with his. That she was his most important person. She met his gaze for a moment and regretted it. When she was the sadness and chaos in those sapphire eyes, she nearly lost the will to walk out.

She was wrapped in the embrace of Shane just moments later, silence surrounding them. She tried to pull away, but he he held tighter, pushing her against his body. Still, she tried to escape from his arms and she felt a hand amongst her silver hair. She froze. Why would Shane go so far for her? Why did he say all those things he couldn't keep? Again, Leyley tried to escape from his arms, but each time she tried, he'd just bring her even closer to him, if it was possible. "Shane--!" she started but then he spoke again. The silence engulfed them again, hard and heavy in the air. She was thinking over what to say. She wanted to stay but she also wanted to leave for his sake. Then, after what felt like an eternity she spoke, her voice so soft adn weak, if they didn't have enhanced hearing even as a human, noone would've heard it, "then don't," was her only words.
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 16th, 2011, 4:33 am

He felt her struggle against him as he hugged her, but her energy had not yet fully recovered and as such was unable to break free. She protested to him, but he was persistent, keeping her body locked. Then there was silence. He wanted her to muse things over, to find reason to stay. It felt like an eternity, the moment of silence, as if the world had held its breath and was waiting for her next action. And when she did speak Shane felt his muscles relax, and her grip on her loosened, yet still pressing her close to his body. He pressed his lips into her hair and sighed. "Then I never will." He placed a tender kiss on her forehead and leaned back to smile at her.

"now, why don't we head down to the baths and see if we cant get you washed up, okay?" He smiled at her and relaxed one of his arms, leaving the other to wrap around her shoulders so that he could lead her to the bed while he gathered his things. But first he wrapped his jacket around Leyley, covering any exposed parts of her body. After much rummaging Shane pulled out a single bar of soap. Just in case, he also took the comb and the razor. He unhooked the rucksack from his bag and stuffed the toiletries into it before wrapping it around his bare chest, the strap agitating his wound a bit, but it wasn't anything he couldn't endure. He returned to leyley and helped her to her feet, wrapping his arm around her waist.

Shane knew that a nice, warm bath would help her relax. That was why he wouldn't take no for an answer, he wouldn't let Leyley torture herself. She needed something to calm her down, to settle her nerves. Before she exited the room he peeked out of the doorway into the torch-lit hallway, looking around to see if anybody was there. He wanted as few interruptions as possible. After making sure the coast was clear he led Leyley out of the room and down the hallway towards the public baths. Hopefully noone else would be up this early in the morning and they would have the bath all to themselves.

Luckily, their was nobody around when they reached the baths, which had been warmed in preparation for the winter season. Better yet, there were several smaller rooms surrounding the main one that were for those who desired to bath in privacy. Once they had reached one of said rooms he handed her the bag, instructing her to "freshen up". I'll wait outside the door, so you can be alone. If you need anything, just shout, okay?" With a warm smile Shane backed out of the room, silently closing the door behind him.

OOC: Ack, sorry for being late on this one. Didn't expect me to get so sidetracked

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Postby Leyley August on January 16th, 2011, 5:06 am

Leyley, rght now, didn't want to do anything except sleep and try to forget this ever happened, but she knew it would never work out that way. As Shane put the jacket on her, she grabbed the end and pulled it over herself. What would a bath do? It wasn't like she could clean herself and say it never happened. Because it did. That was reality and nomatter what she tried, she'd always know it was true. As Shane rummaged through the bag, Leyley just stared at the ceiling. Reality was harsh. The real World was harsher. That, she'd always know.

As Shane held onto her and walked her towards the aths, Leyley stared at the floor. As shane handed her te bag, Leyley took it, though only because Shane wouldn't let her not. She glanced at Shane as he spoke and then he disappeared, shutting the door lightly behind him. Leyley just stood ther, clutching at Shane's jacket for what seemed like forever, but she knew Shane wouldn't let her leave without having a bath. So, she undressed, feeling sickened as she felt the pain. She walked over and stepped into the bath. She felt her muscles loosen instantly. She then used the soap to try and clen herself as much as she could, trying to rid any signs of what had happened.

After staying in the bath cleaning herself, Leyley got out after what would be a reasonable time. Well, the shortest time Shane would probably accept. She dried herself and put her torn clothes on and then the jacket. Now, thankful that Shane was bigger then her. It fit her the length like a small dress. This was stpid. Shane could only say those things because he couldn't accept what had happened either. It was always like that. Noone accepted anything about her. She opened the door though, glanced at Shane and then looked away. How could she beleive he meant what he said?
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 16th, 2011, 6:09 am

Shane stood up as Leyley exited the room, her torn clothes replaced by his jacket. Luckily it was big enough on her that it did not expose much, and it would be suitable for the time being. He couldn't believe that over the course of two days they had both already lost all or most of their clothing. Perhaps he could get one of the guards to purchase more durable clothing for them, and pay him after the delivery is made. Then something came into his mind. Why hadn't any guards seen Leyley? Surely if they had, then they would have at least helped her by providing her temporary clothing, or something of the sort. He felt anger rise within him. On the outside he was calm and collected, doing his best not to display his discomfort with the local security. He was enraged that nobody had bothered to help the poor girl. Weren't guards supposed to be on 24 hour watch? Alright, alright. Let's calm down Shane. Let's look at this logically. Perhaps they had a shortage of guards. Maybe it was just a gap in their patrol. Still, you would've thought that Somebody would've seen her and cared to help. But no, she was left helpless and alone, and it must have been a stroke of luck that she made it back to the apartment in one piece. Shane's respect for the city dropped significantly. He no longer felt safe inside the walls of the city.

While his mind was distracted by these thoughts he did not realize that they were already back at their apartment door, and he stood there with the door open to Leyley. After she entered he shut the door behind him and though of yet another question. Why did he care for her so much? Was it because he didn't want to be alone? Was it his own selfish desires that kept him from letting her go? It couldn't be. Yet it did not take too long for him to come up with an answer that pleased him. Since he could remember he had always wanted to help people. Helping people made him happy. It filled the hole in him that was left after his memories were lost. As mentioned before, he wanted something to prove he existed. Did that mean it was still for selfish needs? No. It's not wrong to want to feel happy. And if that meant making other people happy, he would gladly accept the task. So, in short, He loved Leyley, and his desire to make her happy made him want to be with her, forever.

Shane sat down on the bed and rubbed his eyes, feeling the effects of his hangover. How could he prove that what he said was true to her? What could he say that would convince her to trust him? He rubbed the back of his neck and pondered. The room was silently as he mused over his ideas, the crackling of the fire the only sound he could hear. Perhaps he could just ask her. It made sense to know what she wanted from him. So he did. In a soft voice, attempting not to violently disrupt the silence he said" I feel like there is a barrier between us. What would it take to see you smile again?"

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Postby Leyley August on January 16th, 2011, 6:25 am

Leyley said nothing as he held the door open for her and as soon as it was shut, Shane went ove to the bed and sat down. Though, Leyley leaned against a wall, away from him. It wasn't right. Yes, she blamed herself for everything, nothing on Shane and yet.. Why did she feel she had to keep her distance, like, if he touched her, something horrible would happen to him and she'd have to leave him forever. Was she selfish or just concerned? Couldn't she do something? She wanted to, but she felt so distant from Shane now. Like, nomatter how hard she tried, she'd never reach him.

The silence became longer and longer and with each passing second, Leyley felt like she was getting further and futher away from him. Was t possible? No, it couldn't be, not in walking distance anyway. Was it mentally she felt further from Shane? She didn't know. But with the silence, allowed her to think, play back of what had happened, making her tremble in fear again. Was it too much to ask to leave this place? And still receive Shane's love? She didn't know but she doubted it.

Silence dragged on still and then, Shane spoke, forcing Leyley back to the reality of the real world. She looked at him as he spoke and then she looked at the ground. She wanted to leave. But she also wanted to, somehow, wipe away the pain those men caused. No, not the emotional pain. that would never fade. But the physical pain. But how? To cleanse her body fom those men. The only way she thought that that could happen was to let Shane go further then just a kiss. Yet, she wasn't sure whether he was ready to, and she wasn't sure whether she wanted him to see her after what had happened.

Leyley said nothing and just stared at the ground. Would Shane eventually get sick of her and leave? Was he just helping her, trying to make her happy and acting like he loved her?
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 16th, 2011, 3:56 pm

As he spoke, Leyley watched him, he expression still giving no indication as to what she was thinking. Or at least, Shane Couldn't decipher it. When he finished she just looked at the wood flooring, saying nothing in response. The silence continued. He felt so distant from her, like an ocean stood between them. He sighed and let himself fall backwards onto the bed, his mind searching for other alternatives. One idea come across his mind, but he was quick to dispel it. It wouldn't be right, He might hurt her. While his male instinct welcomed the thought of human bonding, he wondered if it would actually help. Looking at it scientifically, it was actually healthy. It relaxed tense muscles and helped soothe females and males alike. Still, he didn't know if Leyley was emotionally suited for it.

AS he laid there he began to trace his wound with his fingertips, a strange tingling sensation traveling through his body as he touched more delicate portions. He didn't know what to do. Once he had thought of it, his mind became fixated on the idea of intercourse. He was afraid that he might be too much, to aggressive for her and possible harm her. But at the same time he thought that it might be some way of "cleansing" her. Of course the memory of such a traumatic event would be etched in her mind, but perhaps if she was shown the right way... He didn't know, but he did know that the decision rested on Leyley, because for some strange reason he felt that she too was thinking these thoughts.

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

PreviousNext