PM to join Ready the wagons. (Estraki & Makah'a)

Quzon Prepares to leave Riverfall and return to Endrykas and encounters other travelers.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Ready the wagons. (Estraki & Makah'a)

Postby Quzon on April 24th, 2017, 4:28 am

Image


78th Day of Spring, 517 AV.
12th Bell/Noon


Anyone entering or leaving the city had to travel along the main road leading past The Blue Bull tavern to the city gate. As they did, they would notice a singular covered wagon parked on the street near the tavern. It was where Quzon had parked to prepare himself for the long journey ahead of him back to Endrykas. He knew the direction the moving city was traveling towards this season and wanted to make it back before the nomadic city started its summer path. He'd spent most of the day wandering the Bazaar, gathering supplies that now lined the back of his wagon along with his bodybuilding equipment.

Having lived in Endrykas for a few seasons now, he'd come to think of the Wagon as his home. Having carved various Isur runic words into the wooden interior. His eyes shifted down as he lifted his boot, glancing at the Isur rune for 'mountain' he'd sliced into it. Their were others all on the ground as well that served as motivational boost to his moral when he felt alone.

Quzon keeled down, pulling out his hunting knife to start carving a second rune next to it. He ran the blade against the floor, taking the time to dig the runic word for Izurdin next to it. Once it was done, he sheathed the hunting knife to his belt and moved comfortably within the wagon.

Standing tall and muscular, the emerald-eyed man with a heavy near isur like brow took stock of his inventory. He'd bought enough food for the estimated twenty two day trip in the form of Traveller’s Stock. As his finger dipped into a jar that held the black tar like food paste. Then ran it raw against his tongue. He nodded his head at the taste, it was fine. And he'd bought enough for thirty days if he rationed it right. He stored the jars that held the paste inside of the gallon sized cooking pot he'd bought to cook the stock later.It was a larger pot than he needed, but he figured if he hunted something, he'd need something large to cook the meat.

He moved to the back of the covered wagon to open the back flap and jump down to the ground. His boot connected with a heavy thud as he shifted his arms out to keep his heavy form form falling over. Just like the inside, Isur runes were carved into the sideboards that held the bonnet cover over the wagon.

He reached out to run his fingers over one such rune, then kept running it along side the wagon until it touched the jockey box; a simple box on the side of a wagon used to store things. Quzon opened it up to look at the Hunter's toolkit he stored within it along with the two other waterskins he'd bought to have more drinkable water around.

As the loin cloth clad man walked towards the front of the wagon, he stopped near the front left wheel to check on the break lever. He pulled on it to shift the latches to allow the wheels to spin then pulled it again to lock them in place. It was just a test. he didn't want his Seme to take it as a sign to start pulling the wagon without him on it.

The wagon looked like it was still in relatively good condition. Well, enough that he started to ignore it to check on his stallion attached to it. "We leave today, Zokoztli." He spoke in broken common as he walked in a wide circle around the obsidian colored horse. He didn't want to shock the horse by suddenly touching it from behind, so waited until he was in its light of sight before running his palm down the side of its neck.

"Your strength. It get us to, Endrykas." He spoke in common while patting the large stallion.

ledger :
(x3) Traveller’s Stock. 3 gm/per
(x2) Waterskin. 1 gm/per
(x1) Cooking Pot, Gallon. 3 sm

Total: 11 gm, 3 sm.

User avatar
Quzon
Strength & Victory
 
Posts: 168
Words: 113543
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Location: Endrykas, Cyphrus
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ready the wagons. (Estraki & Makah'a)

Postby Estraki on April 27th, 2017, 12:25 am


That morning, she had woke up before the sun broke into the sky. As far as they could see it, anyway. She found herself on the beach again that morning; it was where she had been the most since arriving in Riverfall, and due to the water, her favorite place. Raki is the type of tiger- similar to many others- to rush headfirst into the water, even here, despite the salt. She followed the unwritten schedule of submerging herself into the water, swimming until her body was exhausted, and then falling onto the sand, feeling the sun kiss her fur. This new morning tradition was one she welcomed.

This morning in particular, she had been laying in the sand- pushing the sand back and forth with her forepaws, creating shapes with no symbolism. She had begun to roll, and then, bury herself- all but her head- in the sand. Warm and cold, all at the same time. Close enough to the water, it lapped at her sand mound bed, weighing sand down on only a part of her body.

She hadn't laid there for long, until she felt a strange itching in her limbs- at first her ears flicked, and a light growl filled her immediate air. Small creature? and then, feeling embarrassed of herself, she realized the itching was a sensation brought upon by her own creation. She felt the need to move, to break from her sand casing, but at the same time, the feeling was much more than that: she needed something new.

Of course, Riverfall was... new. But it isn't- wasn't- fitting. Estraki is a tiger human.
Kelvic. (Read that in a forlorn, yet irritated and matter of fact voice- yes, all at the same time- and that's how Estraki reminds herself, often, of what she is.)
This kelvic in particular, is not, and never will be happy simply living (basically) on this beach. She'd explored all the interesting parts of the beach already. Of course, she'd also ventured into the city. She had quickly learned that she couldn't make it around loping on all fours, and when that realization had been made, she wasn't having as much fun. She couldn't sniff things as well in her human form, and that just.. wasn't interesting.

Estraki had scraped out of the sand, shaking herself, rushing back to the grass lining. She turned into a human, naked. The light wind on her skin gave her a chill. She pulled on her khakis, pulled over her shirt. She looked at the bag that held her belongings. It slung over her back, and she took off into the city for the day.

Now, it isn't evening yet- but noon. Estraki had made her way past the stables. She had been staring at them from across the way, mouth drooling. She had wandered up too close, then, and disturbed them. An Akalak had snapped at her, 'get away', she'd thought he said. 'They don't like you'.

She'd shrugged. No, many animals don't like being hunted. Then, a sigh. She'd wished she was hunting. She had continued south, rolling her shoulders, bored. Then, she scented hot metal. Her eyes drifted to the path ahead of her rather than watching the walls she passed. A wagon? Why does it smell like hot metal? A groan. She doesn't even liiiike metal, why be interested?

Right, right. The boredom.

She couldn't help herself. She could barely smell something that was simply... more than metal. Living. Entertaining.

Estraki pulled herself into a nook, pulling her clothes off and shoving them into her bag. She herself did not understand what was wrong with not wearing the man made fabric, bearing her skin to the world, feeling her paws- feet- on the ground. But apparently, it wasn't... proper.

She changed. A tiger, backpack in jaws, crept to the wagon. She felt her skin itching as a new scent was hers to cherish- vegetation? But male. There's a male thing in there. He smells hot, and metallic. Like edibles that she'd only eat if she were starving, and... what is that? What environment is that? So much vegetation smell. But interesting nonetheless! Enough for her.

She leaped into the wagon, dropping her bag onto its floor. She saw etchings, by claws? in the wood. How strange. How human. She peered out, seeing a large man. And... a horse? A pleasured, light roar greeted her host.

User avatar
Estraki
Formidable.. Eater.
 
Posts: 13
Words: 8870
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2017, 11:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Ready the wagons. (Estraki & Makah'a)

Postby Quzon on April 28th, 2017, 2:05 am

Image

Quzon hadn't really noticed the tiger that jumped into his wagon, he was too busy making sure ther his horse had been properly affixed to pull the wagon. Quzon stood with his back to Estraki, reaching out to adjusted how the horse yoke sat along Zokoztli's neck and shoulders; a horse collar used to distribute the pulling load. As he was doing that, Zokoztli started to get rilled up, the black Seme's ears twitching as if it'd sensed danger.

As he ran a hand along the stallions side, it was then that the Myrian heard a growl that echoed out every night across his most pleasant of dreams. He'd heard tigers before, the Taloban Myrian Tigers that paraded around the city of bone, so as he glanced to the front of his wagon to spot a normal sized tiger within it. Quzon couldn't help but smile at it. During his time serving within the Taloban Army, Quzon's dream goal had been to join the ranks of the Bahadur. To be a member of 'Myri's Fist' and join the ranks of Tiger Riders.

The danger of confronting a tiger had almost slipped his mind until he noticed the way Zokoztli tried to pull the wagon, even with the breaks on. "Shhh, calm." He spoke out in soothing common while gliding his hand down its neck. Quzon glanced back to the tiger, forcing himself to stop smiling to set a stoic expression on his face. He assumed the animal had to be a Kelvic. It just had to be. And so he returned to his previous business before confronting his new guest.

Quzon started to examine the base of the horse yoke, checking to see if the rings on the collar base were attached to the falling tongue; the long piece of wood protruding from the front of the wagon, that the horse was attached to. He then started to pull at the straps, adjusting some, and loosening others while trying to make sure Zokoztli would have no issues pulling the wagon.

The pale Myrian then walked to the back of his wagon to jump into it and confront the Tiger.

Once Quzon noticed the bag on the ground, he knelt down to pick it up. He didn't care about the Kelvics personal space given that it was also invading his territory. He started to shuffled through her bag, taking note of the size of her clothing. Either the tiger was a female or a very petite male. He assume the first, since he believed that small men were weak and deserved to be forgotten.

After setting the backpack back down, he reached out to run his palm along the top of Estraki's head, dragging his hand down to cup the bottom of the tigers jaw, then scratched under her chin as if she were just a large cat. The next words he spoke were jagged enough to prove that it wasn't his native language. "Female. Why you, in my wagon?" Quzon showed no fear towards her at all. The pale tattooed Myrian had no interest in making the tiger his enemy, so treated the animal with an unearned familiarity as if they had been friends for years.

His eyes shifted to the front of the wagon for a moment to make sure his body building equipment was all there. All positioned behind the bench where he would sit to drive the wagon laid a collection a various of metal weights, lifting bars, thick ropes, and heavy chains. He counted each one before shifting his eyes back to the tiger to await her answer.

User avatar
Quzon
Strength & Victory
 
Posts: 168
Words: 113543
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Location: Endrykas, Cyphrus
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ready the wagons. (Estraki & Makah'a)

Postby Estraki on April 28th, 2017, 9:57 pm


78th of Spring , 517 A.V.

She watched him grab her belongings. She almost growled, a low, angry sound- and then cut herself off. This was not her territory; instead, she watched him. Watched him pick through her things, her clothes, her tent, her gear. She saw him look at her clothes a bit longer than everything else. It seemed he, too, was getting an idea of what he was dealing with.

This brute was large. His skin, blue. A light blue. And stripes- she blinked at her legs, and then back up to him- on his arms. Hey, we kind of match.

His eyes, green. Like hers, as well. Huh. We are alike. His arm, darker than the other. It was the only part of his body like that. His head fur was dark, black. He was tall for a human type of creature, but not massive. He was funny looking, in an unfamiliar type of way.

When he seemed to be done looking through her things, he sat her backpack down. Then... he reached for her. She jerked her head back, startled- then his paw touched her head. It was a firm, gentle touch. It was pleasant. She was surprised. She refused to lean into his touch- after all, he was a stranger. She did not know him... But the touch was nice. She felt the pull down to her jaw, and then... her chin. She'd never felt a scratch on her chin before, and she... thoroughly enjoyed it.

He spoke. When he did, her eyes flashed open- she hadn't even noticed she had closed them. She cursed herself for her lack of caution. She listened to his words. He spoke common, like she did- but, not as well? She tilted her head. She had only heard the fluent common. She had never heard someone speak common in the rough manner that he did. But when she thought about the question, she wanted to laugh. She wasn't sure why she was in his wagon.

Oh, wait. Maybe she was.

She left her mouth slightly parted, taking in his scent. Yes, he was the source of the jumbled scents she had found earlier. She shoved her nose forward, her cold, wet nose touching his skin. Making a point to breathe in deeply. He seemed smart, despite the rough speech. He would know.

She lingered with the touch, her eyes drifting to her bag, and then around the wagon again. Her skull gradually began to move with her glances, and she began to piece things together. Horses were used for moving. This thing has wheels. Huh. This man was about to go somewhere.

User avatar
Estraki
Formidable.. Eater.
 
Posts: 13
Words: 8870
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2017, 11:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Ready the wagons. (Estraki & Makah'a)

Postby Quzon on April 30th, 2017, 1:58 am

Image

With a grin, he shrugged slightly at her lack of a response to his question, not minding really if the animal took in his scent. He'd grown used to that gestures from the mass of herd of animals at The Pride in Endrykas. However, as he lowered his hand to pat the tiger on its head. He spoke up as he walked along side her. “Alright, alright. Enough. Time you leave wagon. I must prepare to leave soon.” Every time he spoke, his common felt like rough sand spilling from his mouth. He fumbled over words, paused for long moments, and simply said one word then replaced it with another until he found the right phrase. But, his tone remained a normal one that remained calm by her presence.

As Quzon stood next to her, he crouched down to wrap his arms around the Tiger's midsection to gave her one small tug. He used that the tug to gauge her weight. Quzon knew that it would be hard to curl her weight, but knew that he didn't need to. All he had to do was deadlift the tigers near two hundred eight pound form off the ground; slightly more than his natural two hundred thirty five pound body weight.

Quzon shifted his legs apart to stand in a small squat, then hugged her body tightly as he pressed his heels down against the wagon to erupt into a standing position. He used his leg muscles to lift his body, as his arms only needed to act as clamps. He lifted her body up off the ground, picking her up as if she were just a kitten then hobbled over to the back of the wagon. Since all cats tended to land on their feet, he dropped her down onto the ground. "I leave for Endrykas this day. Long trip back. Only have supplies for me... if want, you come. But bring own supplies. I take you. He spoke, not really sure she'd come with him, but gave her the option just to be polite since it wasn't everyday that he'd gotten the chance to pick up a tiger. Then set her backpack on the edge of his wagon for her to retrieve or leave there.

User avatar
Quzon
Strength & Victory
 
Posts: 168
Words: 113543
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Location: Endrykas, Cyphrus
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ready the wagons. (Estraki & Makah'a)

Postby Estraki on April 30th, 2017, 4:07 am


78 of Spring , 517 A.V.

Raki did not like the words he spoke to her. Leave? But she liked him!
He was like her! She didn't like it when he picked her up, only because he was making her leave. She growled, indignant- it sounded like a whine, like a spoiled child not getting their way. Not fair!

Her paws hit the ground, her body shifting weight like a spring. She looked up at him- where in most cases, if she'd been treated like this, her eyes would be narrowed... her brows were raised. Her expression was similar to that of a begging puppy. Did he not like her?

She watched as he sat her backpack at the end of his wagon. He was getting rid of her!

Then she took a moment to actually acknowledge what he was saying.

Was he inviting her? Giving her the option, it seemed. Well, she didn't have supplies. In fact, she didn't even know where to get supplies. She was sure he would know where to get them.

She decided. She would go! She lifted herself onto her hind legs, a rumbling noise filling the air. She put her paws on the end of the wagon, pushing, opening her mouth in a grin. Yes, I will go. It does not matter where. She leaned, grabbing the backpack in her mouth, and leaped back up into the wagon. She pushed past him, and turned to face him. She dropped her backpack, and then sat down. Estraki decided that perhaps, she would get her point across if she.. flopped, onto her stomach, tongue lolling out of her mouth. It was apparent she was grinning at him, in a playful, smart ass manner.

After a moment, she pointed her nose at her bag. She needed her own supplies, like he said. She needed a guide to do that, though. Her gaze returned to him, expectantly.

User avatar
Estraki
Formidable.. Eater.
 
Posts: 13
Words: 8870
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2017, 11:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Ready the wagons. (Estraki & Makah'a)

Postby Makah'a on June 7th, 2017, 2:58 am



Makah'a's initial plan to stay in Riverfall for only a couple days was an empty promise as he got carried away with learning, relaxing, and meeting new people. Two weeks had passed, and his second plan that he committed too wholeheartedly was to leave at the end of two weeks. With a reluctant sigh, he made he way to pack his things in his sack, and thanked the innkeeper for their hospitality, leaving the inn to gather Taini. Eventually he made his way to the Sanctuary where his steed rested. After paying Taini's caregiver, he took her out, his reigns in her hand, and walked with her towards the edge of town in the direction of Endrykas.

Despite not wanting to leave, he felt much more refreshed, and needed a change of scenery. Sometimes, staying in one place for too long was maddening, and with more pressing matters on his mind, he could not allow himself to rest until those matters were taken care of. Riverfall was an exception, mostly because it was fascinatingly rich in culture, but also for its tranquil atmosphere that left him distracted.

As he made his way tot he edge of town with Taini in tow, he noticed a man with a caravan packing up to leave. He didn't look like the other Akalak men, but still had a faded blue to his pale skin. All he had to wear was a loincloth, and a significant amount of tattoos to which he had no understanding of their importance. Thinking it would not hurt to ask if he was heading in the same direction, Makah'a approached the man. "You happen to leave for Endrykas?" he asked the man. Though he was a few inches shorter than Makah'a, he was immensely built and showed strength in his stature. Surely, if the stranger was heading in the same direction, having a strong person was promising on a venture out into the formidable Sea of Grass.
User avatar
Makah'a
Minajim
 
Posts: 37
Words: 23218
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2017, 2:13 am
Location: Cyphrus
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests