OOC Info The Riverfall Character Registry - Winter 517

Please register if you are playing in Riverfall this season!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

The Riverfall Character Registry - Winter 517

Postby Gossamer on December 3rd, 2017, 7:49 pm

If you play in Riverfall, you must register!
Please let us know who you are
and why you are here

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias':
Age, Sex, Race?
Describe your character in a short abstract?
Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for?
What are your favorite types of threads?
What types of threads do you despise?
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?
Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses?
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?

Additional Comments:

Code: Select all
   [center][size=150]Character Registry[/size][/center]

[b]Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': [/b]
[b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
[b]Describe your character in a short abstract?[/b]
[b]Are you a Resident (Kuvan)?  If not, how long are  you visiting for? [/b]
[b]What are your favorite types of threads?[/b]
[b]What types of threads do you despise? [/b]
[b]How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?[/b]
[b]Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?[/b]
[b]Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses?[/b]
[b]How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?[/b]

[b]Additional Comments:[/b]

[b]Additional Comments:[/b]

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on December 3rd, 2017, 9:00 pm

Staying in Syka this season. Sorry folks! Stop by next season and we'll go swimming!
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on December 5th, 2017, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on December 3rd, 2017, 10:53 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Aliana Hilt Terras
Age, Sex, Race?:19, Female, Isur
Describe your character in a short abstract?: Aliana is very laser focused on her work, but with the birth of her child that has changed. She is starting to force herself to do things that the little one would enjoy as well.
Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for?: Aliana is not a resident currently. She is going to work on the skills to take the test soon
What are your favorite types of threads?: For Aliana they are all on the same level right now when it comes to other characters
What types of threads do you despise?: pointless social threads
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?: I would like to see Aliana become more friendly towards people or at least more tolerant of people
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?: my dream thread would be one that helped push Aliana past her current status in the city and in her life
Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses?: I don't feel like I have really played consistently enough to answer this
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?: I would love to see the fire in you improve. I know part of that would be for us as players to really step up and give you more feedback during the season so you don't feel like you wasted your time

Additional Comments: I am going to push to use the calendar this season
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras
Laziness is useless to all involved

Words: 67565
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Balian Martell on December 4th, 2017, 5:10 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Balian, aka Bali
Age, Sex, Race?21/M/Human
Describe your character in a short abstract? Balian is a squire of the Knights of Sylir. Being a son of a family with a long history of serving the order, he was also destined to serve, however he has his own personal ambitions that may or may not conflict with that calling.
Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for? Balian currently resides at the outpost just outside of Riverfall, so he is not a direct resident of the city.
What are your favorite types of threads? conflict(both internal and external), training, intrigue and general character progression
What types of threads do you despise? socials for the sake of socials.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I would like for him to become more confident in not just his abilities, but himself as well.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Haven't done one so not really sure, however I would imagine it would relate to some major event or theme that the characters are going through, with certain details about said dream being highlighted based on the perspectives of the individual characters.
Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses? I feel I haven't been active enough to answer this properly.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? As in most relationships, it takes two to tango. In this case I think that an active and interested player base will in turn help fuel the fire in your story telling. You've given us something real to work with, now its our turn to take it and make something of it. Once that fire really returns nuances can be discussed :)
To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Quzon on December 4th, 2017, 7:35 am

Character Registry

Quzon Gemshock Pitrius of the Barbed Earth Clan.

Age, Sex, Race?
29, Male, Mixed Blood; Isur/Myrian.

A warrior with an unyielding, desire for 'strength' in all aspects of the word. He was born to fight and its all he's ever known. Weakness in himself or seen in others will not be tolerated. He strives to be better.

No. Permanently, but will take the test when ready.

Action, adventure, and general working of skills.

While not despised, prolonged social threads are annoying when they have no purpose.

I'd like to grow the Isur side of Quzon by getting him into blacksmithing as a hobby. Likewise, have him become more aggressive as a warrior.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? My idea of a 'dream thread' is one where Q meets/is amoung a group challenged by Izurdin to achieve a task. If you mean a dreamscape thread, then a dream where Q wrestles Izurdin.

Riverfalls strength lies in its constant lore. It is the only city that has a stable foundation to either dig into the past for further plots, or to start something new. I'm blanking on a weakness, but I'll edit something in later.

Confidence is key. Just to know that everything you do is fire and stay motivated rather than let it throw you off your game.

Additional Comments:
PM me for threads if you are interested.

Quzon
Victory & Power

Words: 271667
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Nadiah on December 4th, 2017, 9:30 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Nadiah

Age, Sex, Race? 29, Female, Konti

Describe your character in a short abstract? An artist looking to enjoy like a bit more. Nadiah has lost her spark since traveling to the mainland and is searching for something that will light her artistic fire again.

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for? Just entered the city and planning to stay permanently.

What are your favorite types of threads? Up for nearly anything. This is my first non-combat character and I would love to see some awesome character development.

What types of threads do you despise? I have always had an aversion to romance threads.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I would like Nadiah to see beauty in more mundane things. She is a little snobbish when it comes to her art, so she needs to learn to appreciate the little things. Any plots that lead to a change in perspective would be great.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? I'm up for any kind of thread that puts my character in a situation she is not prepared for. It can be violent or just unfamiliar, but something that she can't escape from with mere words.

Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses? The rich lore is defiantly a plus, there is a lot for me to dig into as a new player. Not sure about weaknesses since I am so new.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?As others have mentioned I hope you can find your fire again. Go crazy this season and feel free to shake things up however you want. I'm game. Just write stories that make you happy.
Nadiah
Artist

Words: 6254
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2017, 8:05 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Claire Lexi'lya on December 7th, 2017, 12:01 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Claire Lexi'lya
Age, Sex, Race? 5 years, Female, Kelvic
Describe your character in a short abstract? Claire's a driven girl towards anything she perceives as a goal. Most of the time she rather gentle towards people, though she's known to get rough when push comes to shove.
Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for? No, but for the time being she views herself as a permanent resident.
What are your favorite types of threads? I love to thread on just about anything.
What types of threads do you despise? Threads that go no where. I don't mind short meet and greets so long as it feeds a thread later down the road though.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I want to see her expand her skillsets and maybe learn a few new ones, like massage. I also want to invest in this season's calendar plots!
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Probably something along the lines of seeing her mother again. I could easily imagine more of her past coming into focus as it is something she doesn't remember clearly.
Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses? I love the lore and the amount of locations one has to work with as a whole. It's something that is easy to slip into and feel right at home. The weakest point is something I'll have to edit in later because I feel I've been away too long to give this a proper answer.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Never forget that while we may not be as vocal as we'd hope, we all love Miz here. Just remember to take care of yourself too because Miz wouldn't exist without you!

Additional Comments: I am SO game for this season's calendar! Anyone who wants to plot some threads for it, I will totally jump in. As for outside the calendar I'm interested in meeting some of the folks roaming RF's streets. As I've said I want to expand some of Claire's skillsets so if you would like to be a test bunny let me know!
Claire Lexi'lya
Player

Words: 129965
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2016, 3:06 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on December 14th, 2017, 3:24 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Salara Kel'Halavath
Age, Sex, Race? 8 (mid-30s), F, Kelvic
Describe your character in a short abstract? Salara is curious and danger prone. She is equally comfortable in either form but enjoys herself most in her fur. She has been developing her investigative skills but really needs to begin using those and her other skills to become self-sufficient.
Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for? I hope Salara finds a purpose to stay.
What are your favorite types of threads? Threads where she can get herself into trouble, be brave, learn more, and interact in both her forms.
What types of threads do you despise? I can't despise any thread but the hardest to write are social threads with no observable end or goal. I dread solos and job threads that don't involve a melding of the minds.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I'd like Salara to begin working towards a gnosis with Kelwyn (lost causes), become more self-sufficient, and dig into a harder, shadier side of herself. She hasn't experienced nearly enough conflict or crisis.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? I've never experienced a moderated thread. A thread that allows her to build relationships and history with other PCs to support future threads. Danger that will require the PCs to work in pairs and/or as a group where they must depend on each other to overcome a crisis. A plot that allows the melding of skill sets of each PC allowing them to grow in their own way. An opportunity for loot!
Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses? Riverfall is a well defined, imaginative realm that offers variety for nearly any character type. I don't believe there is any definable weakness. I'd like to be involved in experiencing the various settings.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Writing in Miz shouldn't be a burden or frustration for anyone. Know that you don't have to do all the thinking and planning. Even if a plot seems like a rerun, trust in the imagination and creativity of your veteran and new PCs to make it fresh and exciting. Above all have fun with it and us!!

Additional Comments: It's sad to say that I have little to no plotting experience and practice makes perfect. I don't even know where to begin, so any chance to work on something together would be wonderful.
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Grim Ravenwood on December 15th, 2017, 11:01 pm

Character Registry

Grim
Age, Sex, Race?
Grim is a mixed-blood male, aged twenty two since of this winter
Grim is a driven man that feels like he had wasted most of his current life doing practically nothing. After having a meet up with Death herself, he gained a purpose. Zealous in his faith, stern in his creed, he now seeks to play his part for the greater good of the world - that being preserving the balance.
I am currently in the process of writing my Kuvan thread, so, the answe would be - not quite yet.
Ow, I don't know what to pick x3 I oft' wonder if I am the only one that feels a small, yet noticeable wave of joy when a partner replies in a thread. Since I get that feeling when writing on most sites, I guess that there is no real favorite, since writing itself is a favorite activity. But, if I had to pick, I'd say threads that involve a philosophical debate between two characters. Oh, and bloodshed and violence is also nice.
Well, I can't say that I despise a particular type of thread... As I've said before, I love writing in general, and I think that I writing is a passion to a person, he/she can't truly hate any part of it. Like... even if you once got a bad slice of pizza, or ordered one with extra cheese and only got the crust without any sauce or toppings, you would still love pizza as a whole. So yeah, to me, writing is like pizza.
Well, hopefully, Grim will get to obtain his second gnosis mark. Also, thanks to Goss, he might become an owner of another pet! That aside, I plan on investing in developing his physical skills. Though, new friendships are another way one can develop.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?
Nothing comes to mind. Actually, a lot comes to mind, but I would keep this to myself, for now...
Strengths?
-A large number of locations (that are quite diverse)
-Just soooo many possibilities!
-An epic ST
Also, you get free shit just for participating in the city events. Back in Sunberth, all I got for participating in calendar events was the plague and a stubbed toe
Weaknesses?
-Akalak (I personally dislike the Akalak)
-Activity is pretty 'ehh'
-Lack of imminent danger (I started playing in Sunberth lol)
Even though the possibility of being shanked, and left to die in a ditch with your face I the dirt for whatever you have in you purse, is quite low. It just lacks a certain charm, if I may call it so.
Well, you are motivating activity, responding to PM's rather quickly, and keeping up with what is happening. I'd say, you don't have anywhere to improve on. I mean, I am not saying that you can't, there is always room to improve, but I at least, just can't see where. The next step in increasing activity would probably be paying people to live inside the city lol
Additional Comments:
School is over, and I am back to writing again.if anyone wants to start a thread, shoot me a pm!
Grim as an Eiyon, appears to undead as either something to be fearful, or weary of, depending on their personal power. To others, he might seem like a mystery, or just odd.
Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Words: 124151
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2016, 1:54 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Xias on January 7th, 2018, 3:56 pm

Character Registry

Xias
Age, Sex, Race?
1 1/2 years, male, Kelvic
He just started on his own, he's young, impulsive, maybe a bit naive, and just trying to find something to catch his interest.
No, not sure how long I'll visit, possibly not for long.
As this is my first experience on this forum, I'm not sure.
Not sure, I haven't had any experiences to make me hate any particular kind.
I'd like him to find some direction, and perhaps some friends.
Heh, not sure, I guess as long as everyone is writing well and true to their characters, it should be interesting.
Well its port makes it pretty accessible, and it seems like a pretty peaceful place, but maybe there's not that much activity?
You seem to be doing great! :D

Additional Comments:
Just started on the site, uh, today, so feel free to call me out on any mistakes or misunderstandings I seem to have, hehe.
Xias
Player

Words: 4486
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2018, 2:24 pm
Character sheet

Next