OOC Info The Riverfall Character Registry - Summer 518 AV

Please register if you are playing in Riverfall this season!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

The Riverfall Character Registry - Summer 518 AV

Postby Gossamer on June 1st, 2018, 11:20 pm

If you play in Riverfall, you must register!
Please let us know who you are
and why you are here

CHARACTER REGISTRY

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias':
Age, Sex, Race?
What is your PC's source of income?
Describe your character in a short abstract?
Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for?
What are your favorite types of threads?
What types of threads do you despise?
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?
Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses?
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?

Additional Comments:

Code: Select all
   [center][size=150]Character Registry[/size][/center]

[b]Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': [/b]
[b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
[b]What is your PC's source of income?[/b]
[b]Describe your character in a short abstract?[/b]
[b]Are you a Resident (Kuvan)?  If not, how long are  you visiting for? [/b]
[b]What are your favorite types of threads?[/b]
[b]What types of threads do you despise? [/b]
[b]How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?[/b]
[b]Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?[/b]
[b]Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses?[/b]
[b]How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?[/b]

[b]Additional Comments:[/b]

[b]Additional Comments:[/b]

Last edited by Surreal on June 13th, 2020, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unstuck so it doesn't confuse players with the current summer.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Azmere on June 2nd, 2018, 12:17 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Azmere

Age, Sex, Race? 32, Male, Drykas

What is your PC's source of income? Will be applying for Kuvay'Nas

Describe your character in a short abstract? Azmere is seeking his place. An accident left him without his memories. Scarred and uncertain, the former watchman and ankal must find a way to to get beyond the obstacles of his hollow spirit.

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for? This is Azmere's first time in Riverfall. Time will tell if he stays.

What are your favorite types of threads? I love a good bit of action but anything that allows me to delve into the mind and feelings of Azmere is my current preference.

What types of threads do you despise? I don't like having to drag my thread partners around. I hate when I'm the only one advancing the plot.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I want Azmere to regain some of his former prowess but I also intend on making him suffer through a great deal of mental anguish.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? It's been a really long time since I've been a part of a thread where a significant discovery was made. Action, strategy, politics and a whole heaping mess of drama stemming from these things is what my dream thread needs. This only works when there are rich characters and flexible writers, however. A truly great thread gets better as it goes along because the interactions become more tangible, deeper and more meaningful.

Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses? Riverfall is the complete city. It has everything from top to bottom in its lore and has been run more consistently than any other city in the game. This makes it easy to jump in and get right at the heart of RP. Stories flow easily here and there's so much to choose from that it's almost a weakness to figure out what you want to do. The rigidness of the Akalak society does make it difficult for anyone to really reach a place of importance within the city's infrastructure but it feels realistic.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I want to see you feel like you've accomplished something after this season. I don't care what it is- I just know that it's sometimes a let down at season change to see unfinished quests, missed opportunities or struggling writers. I want you to feel good about all the work that I know you put forth.

Additional Comments: I have a high expectation of threads and plots for this season. PM me if you have ideas for a thread and we'll see if we can line up some concepts.
Attn: GradersObservation is maxed. Thank you for all your hard work.

where do you go when you don't know who you are?
Azmere
Seeker of the Lost

Words: 754081
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Martini Elwood on June 2nd, 2018, 1:39 am

Character Registry

Martini Elwood

Age, Sex, Race?:
23, Female, Human

What is your PC's source of income?:
Artist

Describe your character in a short abstract?:
A closed off woman with a passion to express herself in any art form she can learn. She dreams of surpassing her predecessors by learning and mastering all the art forms known and unknown to herself.

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for?:
Resident

What are your favorite types of threads?:
Training, Skill acquisition, Drama, Angst. Pretty much anything that keeps me on my toes and challenges me.

What types of threads do you despise?:
Flat, social threads were all the characters do is talk without anything meaningful being said.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?:
I would like to see Martini finally process her parents death. Maybe even accept it and lose the fear of magic she's built because of it.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?:
I like the idea of a thread where I have a choose your path kind of thing. IN a quest if it's a solo i like to have the thread twist and turn based on player choice. It would be nice if the same thing could be applied to tags too.

Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses?:
Riverfall - as stated above - is seemingly completely developed. There's a good amount of lore that's pretty well organized so it's somewhat easy find things such as holidays and common games. I think a weakness would be lack of use as well. There are so many resources and I feel like most of us - myself included - don't use it to the fullest.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?:
Hmm... I can't think of anything at the moment. I'll probably edit this later.

Additional Comments:
I'm super excited to get back into the swing, and I hope we get a lot of players for the season! I'm wide open as far as threads are concerned and I'm always open for planning one so just hit me up!
Last edited by Martini Elwood on June 27th, 2018, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3/3 Threads
If you are grading a thread I participated in I'd love feedback or improvement notes on the writing itself <3
Martini Elwood
Painting away Anguish

Words: 133955
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2017, 2:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Taurina on June 2nd, 2018, 1:50 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Taurina

Age, Sex, Race? 5, Female, Ethaefal

What is your PC's source of income? Tattoo Artist at Riverfall Ink

Describe your character in a short abstract? A curious, but introverted soul by nature, Taurina longs to do better by her strider and her bondmate. With her heart raw but healing, she focuses her attentions on becoming stronger and more capable so that she is ready to face whatever it is the future has in store.

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)?  If not, how long are  you visiting for? Visitor with length of stay unknown.

What are your favorite types of threads? Threads that pull at the heartstrings, tell wonderful stories, and create opportunities for character development.

What types of threads do you despise? Threads that are over before they have even had the chance to begin.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I want to see Taurina discover new things this season, become proficient in her unarmed combat that I started working on last season, and handle all that I have in store for her with some amount (even tiny) of dignity and grace.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? A thread involving adventure, discovery, and Taurina finding a greater meaning to her life. Nysel and potentially Leth would be involved along with a great amount of feels.

Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses? Riverfall lacks little and there is so much to it that near anyone can find a story to tell here. It is beautiful, protected, and has had some amazing plot lines go on within its walls. Lack of activity is the only weakness I can really pinpoint.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I want to see you enjoy this season and get to tell the stories you want to tell.

Additional Comments: I am very excited for this season and am very hopeful for all the plots in the works and the ones to come. If you have any interest, even a little, in threading don’t hesitate to send a pm.

Taurina
Lost in the Stars

Words: 752473
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2016, 4:18 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
2016 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Balian Martell on June 3rd, 2018, 4:51 am

Your Words I My Words I My Thoughts

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Balian, aka Bali

Age, Sex, Race?:22/M/Human

Describe your character in a short abstract? Balian is a squire of the Knights of Sylir. Being a son of a family with a long history of serving the order, he was also destined to serve, however he has his own personal ambitions that may or may not conflict with that calling.

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for? Balian currently resides at the outpost just outside of Riverfall, so he is not a direct resident of the city.

What are your favorite types of threads? conflict(both internal and external), training, intrigue and general character progression

What types of threads do you despise? socials for the sake of socials.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I would like for him to become more confident in not just his abilities, but himself as well. Also, gains.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Haven't done one so not really sure, however I would imagine it would relate to some major event or theme that the characters are going through, with certain details about said dream being highlighted based on the perspectives of the individual characters.

Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses? I feel I haven't been active enough to answer this properly.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? As above, I would feel more comfortable answering this question once i have some actual time under my belt. discussed
To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Faradae on June 15th, 2018, 5:59 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Faradae (Fara)

Age, Sex, Race? Ten years (in human shape, appearing to be in her early thirties), female, kelvic.

What is your PC's source of income? Will be applying for courier.

Describe your character in a short abstract? An adventurous lady aging quicker than her storm and stress nature likes.

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for? Been here since spring, staying for at least another season.

What are your favorite types of threads? Visiting for at least one season, let's see where plots take her.

What types of threads do you despise? I don't despise anything, but aforementioned meet and greet threads get boring if there's nothing more to them. I'm also really bad at combat scenes, so I need to practice those.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? Fara needs to bond (her biorhythm is about 30 at this point). Also, combat.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? I'm drawing a blank here thematically, but the idea is that everyone has fun (player and ST) because nothing runs quite according to plan.

Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses? While hierarchies tend to seem a little antiquated, the Akalak pride themselves on the way their society works, and that is most evident in Riverfall as their proud representative. The city is beautifully designed and thoughtfully detailed. ICly, the very same hierarchy would be a weakness in it's immovability. As a Kelvic character, I'll hardly complain about status problems though, that's part character design choice. If I want my character to have a high standing, I could choose a different city. If I wanted a high ranking character in Riverfall, I'd play Akalak. I might run into actual weaknesses while rping, but it's hard to point things out before I start.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? All I've seen from you as a moderator has been excellent, Goss. If I saw any room for improvement, I'd let you know.

Additional Comments: PM me about threading anytime. Anyone. We can make it work. Happy writing!

Additional additonal Comments: This registry is pretty much a copy of last season's, since I didn't get around to threading after all and nothing much changed.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Words: 140559
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nicodemus Laurent on June 24th, 2018, 1:58 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Nicodemus Laurent
Age, Sex, Race? 3, Male, Kelvic(Hidden from the Akalaks)
What is your PC's source of income? Hunter
Describe your character in a short abstract? A Kelvic, hunting both for income and the perfect Bondmate.
Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for? No. Until I'm ready to move on, honestly.
What are your favorite types of threads? The Four Fs, man. Fighting, feeding, fleeing, and having a good time.
What types of threads do you despise? Save me from overly romantic threads.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? Well, finding a Bondmate would be nice. Maybe having to head towards Mura, because of one of his parents.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Honestly, a thread where everyone was posting regularly and the mod was enjoying themselves is my dream thread.
Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses? Not yet. But give me a few threads under my belt, and I'll see what I can tell you.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I dunno yet. I just joined. But if I see something, I'll let you know.

Additional Comments:
If approved, anyone is free to PM about a thread. Nico is an open book. Sort of.
Nicodemus Laurent
Player

Words: 5850
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2018, 11:49 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Quzon on June 25th, 2018, 7:54 am

Character Registry

Quzon Gemshock Pitrius of the Barbed Earth Clan.

Age, Sex, Race?
30, male, Mixed (Myrian/Isur)

What is your PC's source of income?
Earth Reimancer at The Coalinga Gem Mines

A warrior with an unyielding desire for 'strength' in ever aspect of the word. He abides no weakness in himself or others, and always strives to be better.

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for?
Long term visitor, possible future resident.

What are your favorite types of threads?
Action, adventure, and any interesting way to build skills along side amazing stories.

What types of threads do you despise?
While not despised, prolonged social threads are annoying when they serve no greater purpose.

I'd like to see him grow into a better tactician rather than a pure aggressive natured fighter.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?

My idea of a 'dream thread' is one where Quzon with a bit of mystery that leaves all involved with a new goal in life. Like a sudden fellowship all wanting to hunt down a monster or seek out some type of artifacts.

I've said it before, so I'll say it again. Riverfalls strength lies in its constant lore. A weakness would be that no one actively uses most of it.

Have fun with things. That's all I want you to do.

Additional Comments:
Just let me know if you want to thread, either through a PM or on a message on Discord.

Quzon
Victory & Power

Words: 271667
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Naali on June 27th, 2018, 5:03 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Naali
Age, Sex, Race? 1.75 (about 16) Female Kelvic – Arctic Fox
What is your PC's source of income? She has skills as a seamstress and an embroider.
Describe your character in a short abstract? Naali is a Kelvic female that is trying to find her bondmate and figure out what she is to become. She is thinking she might like to learn to be a bard, healer, or merchant. She also has some thieving abilities; she does not really get the personal property thing.
Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? If not, how long are you visiting for? She is not a resident. She is trying to make a start for herself. If she can find training and earn her keep, she will stay for a while.
What are your favorite types of threads? I like threads where there is something to do, where characters grow and are challenged. I know that my characters some time work as support characters for others, but there is something about helping someone else exceed that is wonderful.
What types of threads do you despise? Where there is not a balancing in the thread between the characters. Like when one person dominates the thread.
  1. Get established in the city.
  2. Work on her sewing/embroidery skills, so she has a job.
  3. Find a tutor that can start teaching her to be a bard or a healer.
  4. I could see her falling in with an underground thieves guild.

I can only go off of what I am reading.

Strengths:
The city is well thought out and has a uniting purpose.
There is always something for people to be doing.
Weaknesses
The competitive nature can get in the way of a well-rounded development.
Not always a lot of personal freedom.

Additional Comments:
I'm new and trying to learn the system.
Additional Comments:
Naali
Player

Words: 40571
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2018, 12:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taren Coballon on July 14th, 2018, 2:13 pm

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Taren Coballon
Age, Sex, Race? 75 year old male Akalak
What is your PC's source of income? None at this time
Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? Taren was born in Riverfall
What are your favorite types of threads? Unsure at this time
What types of threads do you despise? Unsure at this time
mainly to start finding his direction in life and balance of character again
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?never been in a moderated thread
Can you define Riverfalls strengths AND weaknesses?Riverfall's strength would be the Akalak culture and buildings that appear to be beautifull to most of Miz but also the decline of the Akalak race could cause the loss of much of that beauty

Additional Comments:
Long time since I RPed and never on Mizahar before
Additional Comments:
Taren Coballon
Player

Words: 77184
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2018, 2:55 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet