[Location] The White Isle Harbor (arriving PCs post here!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Yaruai on June 3rd, 2011, 2:52 pm

Timestamp: 4 Summer 511

Yaruai stood on the deck of the wretched craft propelling him toward Mura. If he had not needed a respite from the wilderness, he would have passed the entire city by.

Rotten, miserable, he thought with a scowl, They charged a full gold miza for this. Barely worth a bent silver... if that.

He wiped sea spray off of his face with one hand, the other holding tight to the railing on the ship. The only worse place he could think of being right now would be further back, with the rest of the passengers.

When the ship docked at its pier, Yaruai shouldered rudely through the short line of people waiting to debark and made his way onto the island. Angry mutters and sour looks followed him as he pushed his way through the crowd.

He spared a glance upward. The sun was slowly sinking toward the horizon. He needed to find a place to get away from the crowd for a few moments so he could change in peace. The girl behind the desk flashed an idiot grin and harped a question at him, but a sneer was his only answer. He had made his mark already, they had no more cause to harass him.

Where was his thrice damned horse? He could see the dock workers unloading cargo from the vessel that had brought him to the island. They had best have already dragged the sway backed old nag onto dry land. When he finally spotted the horse, Yaruai tugged his cloak tighter down around the pale green horns, hoping to conceal his nature from the mortals, and snatched at the reins, "Let's go, horse," he growled, almost dragging the animal through the archway and into the city proper.
Yaruai
Player

Words: 5393
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2011, 7:02 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Vapis on June 13th, 2011, 2:37 am

Summer 2 511
Vapis breathed out slowly, allowing silver pearls of air to trickle over his lips and past his face as he slowly moved along the bottom of the ocean bed. He had left his horse in a stable at the mainland, and decided not to waste a perfectly good miza on a boat ride. Sure, he intended to make more fairly quickly, but as he had always said, waste not, want not.

He wondered what the officials at the docks would make of a handsome-albeit pale-man walking, sopping wet, out of the ocean. He hadn't been to a city this populated for a while, and he hoped that his act was a success. After all, what else would keep him in embalming fluid?

He soon exited the water, and the humid summer air did little to dry him as he walked up to the official standing by the gate. She had short blonde hair and sea green eyes, and was fairly attractive. Might want to remember this one Vapis mused She might make a suitable host some day. He spoke to her cordially and politely, ignoring her questioning look at his soaked clothes. After clearing away a few small issues, permits and the like, he moved into the city, smiling wanly.
Vapis
The Player

Words: 10445
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2011, 1:03 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Vitarzyr on June 15th, 2011, 5:00 am

Summer 3 511

Vitarzyr was up before the crack of dawn and by first light he had packed up camp and was waiting for the boats to come and pick him up. He paid the Miza and after a silent ferry ride, a green eyed Konti asked him what he needed. And in a slow soft tone he says “I am looking to learn healing, as a warrior I should be able to… fix my own wounds. And there is no one better to learn from than the Konti as to how to… heal. Though seeing the other… sights of the city would be for my benefit as well.”

After any advice has been given he slowly walks away in the direction of The Medical Library.
Vitarzyr
Player

Words: 4110
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2011, 5:18 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Gloria on July 20th, 2011, 4:49 pm

Timestamp: 4th of Summer, 511 AV

ImageSliding through the water as an enchanting white/blue koi fish, the beautifully decorated and painted small boat approached the harbor. It might have struck the ones who saw the boat coming as odd, that there was only one passenger on it. Not only that, but she was facing the other way, away from the harbor. As if she was ashamed to show herself, or perhaps stuck in the past, forever looking back.

Nothing was further from the truth though.

It was just that Gloria was so insanely delighted that she was able to find a fresh "fish" to hook, located in this city, that she had turned herself away as to not ruin her usual disguise of a sorrowful, filled-with-regrets-of-the-past-type of ghost. Afterall, who would want to harbor an insane, homicidal, deranged, sadistic, vengeful being?

Thinking about herself in that way made her smile even more, she saw no issue in being that way. Every closet has its skeleton right ? It's just that her closet holds a freaking massgrave, nothing to worry about though.

Arriving at the harbor, Gloria finally turned around, ready to play her role of a friendly but sad ghost, the type of ghost you would try to console and comfort.

With her gaze directed in front of her feet, she floated slowly off the boat and on land, seemingly too lost in painful memories and thoughts she glided onwards. Towards the city of Mura.
Gloria
Player

Words: 7898
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2011, 5:18 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Nathan Longstride on September 14th, 2011, 9:05 pm

30th day of Fall, 511 AV

Nathan watched the gnosis juggle his colorful balls on his arm while the other workers brought The Star of Denval closer to port. On his roughly thirty days at sea, he tried to improve his sailing, but the captain had politely asked him to sit this one out. Which didn't bother Nathan at all. He was looking forward to his short stay in Mura, wondering what random adventure would come from it. It was rather late to go out into the city, but first thing tomorrow, he would be exploring the city from sunup to sundown.

Pulling the sleeve down over his gnosis, he watched the men work. Fourteen days to do whatever he wanted. The possiblities were endless, and he was ready for any thrown at him. In fact, he offered a silent prayer up to Kelwyn, asking for the best they could throw at him. He was ready.
Nathan Longstride
Hidden Blades

Words: 85333
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2011, 4:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sa'Flora on September 28th, 2011, 2:45 am

27 of Fall, 511 AV

It had been a few weeks since Sa'Flora had visited the Harbor that she so greatly loved. The Konti was nostalgic of her younger days, when she visited regularly with her mother, when her mother would tell her stories of her adventures outside of Mura, and old stories about Avalis and Laviku's love, and about how they made the Konti. Yes, these memories were beautiful to Flora.

And so, she traveled to the Harbor in order to smell the watery-air and look upon different boats and ships crafted in the form of animals. She would watch as the different visitors from different lands would marvel at the beauty of Mura.

As Flora looked upon the waters and at all of the different people and Konti wandering the docks, she lifted up a prayer to Avalis. She thanked the Mother Seer for her life, and for all of her blessings, and for her Sight.

Sa'Flora was simply in love with her homeland.
Sa'Flora
Seer of Sorrows

Words: 9947
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Xavier Goban Terras on October 9th, 2011, 7:50 am

Fall 1 511 AV

The small flat boat only had a few people besides Xavier on it. He paid them no mind as the short isur stood with his arms folded, his purple arm over his pale one as he kept his eyes forward. The back and forth feeling under him made him think more then anything as they were moved towards the city of Mura, home of the Konti.

He had yet to see any of his own race since he left his home city but after meeting up with a konti and moving with her for awhile he found his mind going towards Mura more and more until one day he made his goal towards the city.

The ride did not seem that long as the small boat docked at a set of organized and neat harbor. Xavier moved off the boat with only his white cotton tunic, black cotton pants, leather boots with a wool cape and a heavy thick backpack. No weapons were on his body and none would be found yet it would take either a brave soul or a foolish one to try to attack an Isur out right.

"Greetings. I. Seek. Place. Stay. Work. Mayoea." The Isur said softly yet with each word it was being forced and very harsh and short however it was not spoken in common but of the Kontinese tongue which was showing he had a grasp of the language even if it clearly was poor. After a pause on his end with his eyes shut as if trying to recall the right words he just had to shake his head.

"I am sorry, I am still learning that yet I would like aide to seek a place I could stay and some work. If you had a weaponsmith in this city then I would love to talk with her. I carry no weapons and I mean no harm to you or your city. I found information of your language and city from another Konti who said they heard the call. I travled with them for awhile and so after we parted I came here."

This time it was in common, yet even then the words were clearly picked and said as if he put more thought into it even as he did ramble onwards letting them know he was not trying to mock them or anything of the sort. With that he just waited for the replies.
Xavier Goban Terras
Player

Words: 8993
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2011, 5:29 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Cachet on October 10th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Kilana made it her duty to greet any and all who entered the harbor. Especially those that were not one of her fellow sisters. Konti came and went from the island freely; answering their own calls and such required them to venture out into the world quite often. But when someone else showed up…well she made it her duty to find out exactly what they were doing here. The others on the boat where here for work. Transferring boats really. But the other man…the Isur was here for other reasons. She watched him step onto the boardwalk and she approached him. He then stated his reason for being here, in rough Kontinese. But in Kontinese nevertheless. She was work minded but this still surprised her that an Isur would know any Kontinese at all. It wasn’t common at all among his kind.

She listened and noted every one of his requests carefully organizing and managing each of them carefully. She smiled welcoming him to the isle. “Welcome to Mura, I will need to note your name down in the manifest before you leave into Mura.” She said as she pulled a notepad out of her satchel and then spoke to his other concerns.

“We have many fine establishments here for lodging. We have The Pearl Divers Inn, Bountiful Sea, and the Forest Meridian House. All of them are fine establishments but I would suggest the Pearl Divers Inn myself the sisters there are very hospitable. As far as a weapon smith we have K’Sein, her shop is easy to find and in the dead center of town the Heart of Steel. She would likely have much use for someone of your skill. If that is all I do have goods to tend to and people to move about.”

See the City Linkmap for more details.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Xavier Goban Terras on October 11th, 2011, 11:26 pm

He flashed her a smile as she gave him the information he was looking for. Was it a smile of seduction or just a normal smile, the isur did not know for he did not think of it. He was just happy to get the aide he was seeking without having to jump in hoops so to speak.

"Thank you, my name i Xavier Terras." He said softly after some thought. The first name was not a problem but he did have to ponder on letting her know his whole name which was his family name or just his clan name. In the end he went with his just clan name which was famous for any type of smiths be it black, armour or weaponsmiths.

With that he let he go about her job as he made his way towards the places she spoke about. Maybe a clothing shop would be on his goal list for clearly he stood out in more ways then one and not the best of them either.
Xavier Goban Terras
Player

Words: 8993
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2011, 5:29 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Natira on October 22nd, 2011, 2:23 am

Nitira walked along the long docks of the harbor. Her pale white clothing floated around her as the wind blew strands of her white hair across her face.Her eyes were closed and she tilted her face up to the sun as the sea kissed her cheeks.Her scale markings glittered like a rainbow dancing across her skin.She had come to see the new people, coming to have there fortunes told or looking for Konti advisers. But Nitira wasn't really interested in that life, though he had great skill as an artist and seer she couldn't help but feel as if she needed something more from this peaceful life.
She slowly opened her eyes, a fine and vibrant violet they were, sparkling in the afternoons light.Maybe one day she would be taken away on one of the ships to get nice job, maybe raise a family, but something kept her to the island, sort of like an invisible leash that she had been put on years before she even came into this world, always filled with war and destruction. It was as if you were never safe, not here, not anywhere. The whole world will always be against you and you just have to find a way to survive, though many aren't able to take it.
Natira only wanted the peace of mind that seemed to come easily to the other Konti women of her town, always seemingly happy and at peace.While she was haunted with thoughts of darkness and hatred which was uncommon for her people.She hated to be left alone with her own thoughts, and she knew one day she would be faced with the problems of other people and she wouldn't be able to help due to her hatred.One day she knew it would all bubble up inside her and take over, but for now she was safe.
Natira
Player

Words: 1160
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2011, 8:46 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet

PreviousNext