Into the Maws of Ice and Stone (Darren)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Danyella on March 12th, 2011, 1:58 pm

Danyella growled as the idiot manhandled her out of the situation. "You IDIOT! I wasn't done fixing the foundation!" She pushed him off of her roughly and limped down the mine, leaving a small trail of blood droplets. She limped into the depths seeing fragments of Yukmen laid out everywhere. She could hear Icewatch further in the mine as she turned off toward the foundation. A shout echoed through, "Find that Yukbear!" Danyella ignored it as she examined the foundation. The blocks appeared to be in the proper places. She grabbed the remaining mortar and began spreading it in place.

Her body began to fatigue from the loss of blood. She finished the foundation and began cleaning the area out of her tools, slowly loading up the mine cart. She grabbed her pickaxe and began slowly, painfully wearing at the wall near the foundation, to collapse the wall and cover the foundation. She found the fault line she wanted, when a familiar growl was heard. She turned and saw the Yukbear, though it was a little worse for wear. It was covered in injuries and was snarling. It swiped at her, missing by a hair. She tried to swing at it but her arms just gave out. The bear roughly pinned her shoulders to the wall, causing her to cry out in pain. The push hit the fault line and shook the ceiling. The bear snapped it's jaws at her as it's stone paws continued to crush her shoulders.

A spear flew through the mine, clipped the bear's head, and plunged into the fault line a hair above Danyella's head. The bear loosened it's grip on her, and she slipped out, collapsing nearby. The fault line audibly cracked and the ceiling rumbled, chunks raining down. A large chunk fell onto the bear ending it's existance, while the Icewatch member who threw the spear hauled Danyella away. She began to slip into unconciousness when she heard, "Dont worry, we will get you to Whitevine, you will be fine... Just fi--..." as the blackness took over Danyella
Danyella
Player

Words: 30426
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2011, 6:04 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 12th, 2011, 4:10 pm

Darren watched sheepishly as he got yelled at by Danyella. He watched as she limped back into the cave. "That little...." he started, shaking to resisting the urge to knock her out for her own good. Hmph, I though the bear headbutting the block into the foundation would be good enough he thought as he very angrily started his way to the front of the cave.

The Yukman for the most part were already all but destroyed. Only 3 Yukman from what he saw were left facing the guards and townsfolk, Darren still pretty frustrated went to approach the Yukman from behind. "Clear out of the way" he cautioned to the townsman before he gathered a good amount of his body's energies. He then forced a single handed palm strike on one of the Yukman's from behind. It was sent flying face first a short distance before landing on the ground a rough landing as it slid into the waiting spears of the guards who anticipated Darren's push hit. Seeing the demise at one of their own the Yukman turned to see what caused the death of their comrade.

Thwump* Thwump* , Thwump* Thwump*. They turned just to watch themselves get hit by a throwing knife each and another flurry before Darren and the others attacked them. The farther Yukman was easy over whelmed as the towns people swarmed it stabbing it with an array of spears and swords. The Yukman that was closer to Darren managed to take out the knife that hit it in the just to see Darren's grabby little hands hit him square in the face rattling it's brain. "Oh your not getting off that easy" Darren said as he gripped the thing's head and slapped it head first into the ground. "I'm sorta angry right now, sorry" he said as his hands formed into a fist and he started bash it's head in infused with flux energies.

"Oh my gods that freaking hurt!!!"
he said as he ended his assault his as his hand hurting. "Oh my gosh ow ow ow ow!!!" he said waving his hand around, well...at least I'm not so angry he thought as he took a look around at the cave again. There were quite a few injuries by the Yukmans assault, and sadly a few of their numbers did die from the attack. He sighed and checked over all the injured before the real healers came. They nodded at approval in Darren's handiwork asking him to see them later if he wanted to have his massaging techniques improved. He nodded to their proposal as a man with a spear with who looked to be Dany unconscious over her shoulder. "Hey can someone take this one to Whitevine hold?" at this a very amused Darren raised his hand "yea I'm about to head over there. I'll take her off your hands." With that he was back to lugging Danyella over his shoulder, this time heading to WhiteVine hold.

When he was sure no one was looking he started dragging Danyella through the snow face first as he made his way to the hold... Eventually Whitevine Hold came into view. "Hey... Dany wake up" Darren said as they reached the outside of the hold, he lightly smacked her in the face a few times to rouse her, "come on now I know I patched you up rather well before you started away from me."
Last edited by Darren on March 13th, 2011, 4:22 am, edited 7 times in total.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Danyella on March 12th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Danyella's eyes barely opened. She knew she didn't have long, so ignoring whoever carried her, she began stumbling toward the Whitevine Hold entrance. She tripped and slammed her shoulder into a wall. She had no idea where she was going but kept moving. Eventually a healer found her wandering around dazed and carried her to the injury ward.

Danyella woke up, her body covered in linen banadages. She groaned and tried to sit up when she saw a mountain in the room. "Oh thank Morwen you're alive," her Dah said in a relieved tone. "I heard what you did down there. It was reckless and stupid. But putting the people first like you did is the essence of a Vantha. I'm proud of you snowflake. Just dont scare me like that."

"Is Darren ok?"
"That fellow you made those daggers for? Yeah it didn't look like he even got attacked, no injuries it seemed."

"Well he helped and I'm glad he's alive. Can we go home now?"

Her Dah smiled and lifted her up to sit on his shoulders, and the two walked home, laughing as the snow began to fall, the Hold still standing, and Danyella smiling like she just got a treasure.
Danyella
Player

Words: 30426
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2011, 6:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 12th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Darren watched as Danyella stumble into the hold. He shook his head a few times before he followed her inside. Sigh* "Silly girl..." he said walking right past her and addressing one of the healers to help her. As they hurriedly rush to her aid he saw his father. "Oh? Good to see your okay" He said as he watched the healer carry Danyella to the injured room, "who is the girl?" Darren grinned a smile as they made their way into the injury room. "Remeber that girl I told you about that one day? The one at the blacksmith?" He asked as he took off his shirt and pants to show all the hits he got from the Yukman. "Well I met her while I was over at Iceglaze and did what I can to protect her during the attack." He said as he rested his hand over her head somewhat worried.

But then he turned and grinned back to his dad, Who nodded at his approval "Good for you, care to tell me about it?" He asked as he motioned Darren to lie down. Darren laid down as his father checked over Danyella and then Darren before massaging Darren while the healers were checking up on Danyella. All the while Darren caught them up with the events that had recently transpired the healers and his father listening intently. He finally ended and dressed up as Danyella's dad burst into the room looking a bit ragged as he rushed over to Danyella's side. Darren waved at him while he left the room and went to bed for the day, leaving his father and her's to get to know each other.

"...Hello" they said awkwardly to each other before they turned and left each other to each other's thing.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cheshire on March 13th, 2011, 4:11 am

Character: Danyella
Experience: Lifting +1, Mining +3, Throwing +1, Leadership +1, Weapon (Hammer) +2
Lore: Not Effected by Flatery, Fighting Yukmen (Basic)

Character: Darren
Experience: Lifting +1, Seduction +1, Storytelling +1, Intimidation +1, Weapon (Gauntlets) +1, Unarmed Combat +1, Flux +2, Weapon (Throwing Dagger) +2, Medicine +1, Massage +1
Lore: Willing to Help, Kissing Up, The Drive to Flee, Protecting the Damsel in Distress

Additional Note: Great thread guys. You two are cute togather. PM me with any concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous