Super Awesome Adventure Group of Doom

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Darren on March 14th, 2011, 12:09 am

Outside of Avanthal, 67th of Spring, 511 AV

Darren was already in the outskirts of time messing with his watch while he was waiting for the others. He look a look around and sighed, today was the day he and some of the people in Avanthal will explore the area. He got up early, excited for the trip and the week before he read up on his wilderness survival and even packed some medical supplies for the trip, and to be on the safe side prayed to the ice goddess Morwen and the goddess of health Rak'keli just incase of something went wrong. "Hehe I'm relying on my two ladies to keep us safe" he thought aloud grinning happily as if they were listening.

He took a deep breath, this was the first time he was going to venture out of Avanthal without an older group of people. This was to be a somewhat indicator of adulthood for him and his fellow group members. Sigh* "This is gonna be good" he grinned as he spent the better part of ten minutes messing with his watch. The gears and the assortment of pulleys in the tiny thing scared him. Worried he might break the thing he just settled with rotating each gear and seeing what it would do.
Last edited by Darren on March 14th, 2011, 4:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 14th, 2011, 3:20 am

Berus finally spotted Darren in the distance after trekking for several hours around Avanthal’s outskirts. He had woken up extremely early, too eager to sleep, and had packed up his things and set out in a hurry… quickly forgetting which way to go. Luckily, he had the company of his lyre to keep him entertained. He even thought to bring extra strings in case the rather evil things decided to go and break again. His cloak was tied tightly to his body to keep out the morning chill, though his head was dreadfully bereft of protection. He was, as of yet, still unable to secure the purchase of a suitably elaborate feathered hat. His backpack was filled with all of his wilderness supplies and his spear was tied to it. The tip of his spear was smartly wrapped up just as Danyella had suggested when he purchased the fine weapon.

His lyre, of course, was held in his hands as he attempted to create new songs to entertain them on their trek. He wasn’t very successful this morning (he blamed it on the cold) and his fingers quickly began to tire of creating music that simply grated against his ears mercilessly. However, he determinedly played on as he moved about the city, disturbing more than one deep slumber and upsetting more than one earlybird and their children. Eventually the song shifted from stabbing eardrums with spears to merely poking them softly with sticks. Though it didn’t seem like a great improvement, those who were unable or too polite to stick their fingers in their ears certainly thought it was.

After getting so much negative feedback, Berus finally reverted to the pleasant tunes taught to him by masters who actually knew how to create music. After that, the meandering walk around Avanthal was much more pleasant. It may have been the fact that his ears stopped screaming, or that he was no longer receiving dirty looks from every passerby. However, playing those songs came too easily to him and his fingers were able to move without his conscious direction, leaving him with nothing to entertain himself as he hopelessly lost himself in the city he’d grown up in all his life.

So, when he finally spotted Darren, he virtually sprinted up to him, beaming with eagerness to get started on their trek. It took him a moment to compose himself, trying to ignore the severely critical look coming from Darren. He stretch out his hand in greeting, determined to push aside the chilling memories of their last meeting. “Nice to see you again, Darren. Bury anyone lately?” Berus grinned boyishly, green eyes sparkling.
^ thanks to Cheshire and Darren =D
Berus
Little Bard

Words: 104483
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 1:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby E'isi on March 14th, 2011, 3:53 am

Eisi sat on top of a white mare, she wore her typical cloths, a heavy ridding coat white in color, which the hood was covering her light blonde hair, and most of her face. She also wore white riding pants with a pair of white winter boots. She watched as Darren blazed the way for her, she couldn't help but notice he seemed happy here, out in the wilderness. As for why she was still with him, he owed her. Eisi decided that he will be her guard as long as she is in this area. That and her personal pack mule. She had him carrying most of her things, only allowing him to put the tents in the saddle bags.

The walk and ride out her was very quite, do to the last time they tried to communicate, it turned into a disaster. She spent her time humming a lullaby that her mother used to hum to her younger sisters. The land scape was beautiful, as far as you could see, white clean almost untouched land. She found it quite calming yet exciting all together. Every once in a while she would speak with Darren just to let him know she was still behind him. He would just nod or speak back to her in Vani which she still didn't understand.

Her Mare tromped through the heavy snow, only stopping once in awhile to rest. It was at one of those times when she herd running coming at her. She glanced up to see a young man running towards them. At the time she was several feet behind Darren. Sliding off her horse she took the leads walking herself and the mare over to the two of them. Great more Vani.

The boy was young that much was evident, boyish still in his looks, cute Eisi decided.

"Hello" she spoke smiling at the young man.

OOCPurple Kontinese, Pink Common
E'isi
Free Spirit

Words: 69390
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Danyella on March 14th, 2011, 4:37 am

Danyella was still packing her travel sack when her dad came to her room. He tried for a third time to get her to wear a set of chainmail, and for the third time she replied negatively by chucking something at him, this time being a metal pitcher of water. Just because it would be the first time for her to leave the gates, he was worrying like an old maid. She made sure she had her mom's carving knife, her backup hammer and tongs, two days of rations, and a backup set of clothing. She had her hammer and tongs on her waistbelt, her Muskox parka and breeches, and her furlined boots and gloves. She sealed her pack, looked at her pickaxe, then decided to bring it as well, just in case. She tied it to the pack and strapped it on. She left her room, and hugged her Dah, like a cub hugging it's massive polar bear mother. "Be careful Snowflake." "I will Dah."

She strode outside happy that the day was clear and the air crisp. She grabbed her hammer and tossed it in the air, it rotating end over end twice, then landing back in her palm. She did this while whistling a tune her Dah taught her to help keep focused on a task. She passed the gates of Iceglaze and then out the massive Icewall Gates. As she began walking away, she heard a couple of whistles from the guards. She turned and made the hand gesture that looked like one snapping a stick with both hands. Apparantly Icewatch found it offensive, something to do with being men, her Dah taught it to her long ago. A few hours later she spotted the group. She made a snowball and compacted it tightly. As she got closer she threw it at Darren's head and said "Hey everyone!" The snowball flew right toward Darren's head likely to hit him, and if not then probably the other woman.  
Danyella
Player

Words: 30426
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2011, 6:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 14th, 2011, 5:14 am

He stopped messing with his watch as Berus came into view a with his spear on his back. "Oh hey Berus, brought along your little toy?" he smiled as he took a look at it. He turned to Eisi who was already making her introduction to Berus. Watching Berus and Eisi meet each other for the first time, Darren was happy as they got acquainted. He looked at them as he said "Hehe THIS BERUS, HE BIG PARFART, IS NO GOOD." He said with a straight face smiling at Berus making it seem like being a parfart was the greatest thing in the world. "IS GOOD FRIEND THOUGH, FUNNY" He explained to Eisi.

"Hey everyone!"
Hearing another familar voice he smiled as he turned "Hey Danyki-opf" he said as the snowball pelted him in the face. The shock from the snowball sending him to the ground a very shocked look on his face. "...Hey Danyella. Nice to see you too" he said as he got up and wiped himself off. "Alright, Alright we are all here let's get started" he said as they moved along. He produced a small map of the area. "Now...taking in your hobbies," he said looking at Dany, "your wants" looking at Berus, "and your needs" he said looking at Eisi but shaking his head after doing so. "It seems we need ourselves an awesome adventure, rich in heroic deeds, rare minerals from the earth and as nonviolent as possible" he finished putting the map away.

"Now this calls for something non other then..."
he said pausing for dramatic effect "Spelunking!!! That's right! All around the Northern Reaches there are caves that are tricky to navigate, rich in minerals, and will PROBABLY be safe. If anything at all maybe 1 or 2 Avanthal wolves/boars/foxes along the way. Nothing the four of us can't handle." He shuffled around the Eisi's stuff. Sigh* It's great I have a good passive training workout while we walk but...why do i have to carry all of this again? he thought as he turned to her,. "EISI, WE ummm....LOOK FOR.... hmmm GOOD STUFF" he ended giving a reassuring pat before he walked behind the group checking the map.
Last edited by Darren on March 17th, 2011, 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 14th, 2011, 5:29 am

Berus shook his head at Darren’s theatrics. For some reason the large, fearsome man from their previous encounters was acting rather comical today. Is it because of Eisi? he wondered. He glanced over and Eisi, with her horse and strange control over Darren, and wondered just who she was and what she was doing here. Then he almost dissolved into a laughing fit as Darren brutally murdered the Common language as he attempted to communicate with her.

He smiled at Danyella when he saw her and shook her hand heartily, trying not to cringe when his softer grip was almost crushed by her strong hands. “Nice to see you again, Danyella!” he said, winking at her and grinning boyishly. Then he turned to Eisi and offered a friendly handshake, calling over his greetings in Common, reasoning that the exotic woman was not well versed in Vani. “Greetings! It is nice to make your… acquaintance,” he said, stumbling a bit over acquaintance but still managing to get everything out alright. Didn't know that reading books in Common would pay off someday!

This looks like it’s going to be my first major, err.. more like minor, adventure… Sure hope I come out with all of my limbs intact, he thought. He looked around at the party, feeling a bit more secure with Darren’s fighting prowess and Danyella’s might hammer nearby. Well… if I do have to lose some limbs, please don’t take my fingers. And with that, he took out his lyre and tried to think of a mellow song for the road.
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby E'isi on March 14th, 2011, 5:57 am

Eisi just shook her head at Darren, after the other night she knew that they will somehow have to work through this language barrier they had, thankfully the boy named Derus and Danyella both new Common, helping her out so much.

Darren went on a rant that Eisi didn't even try to keep up with, it was long and in Vani. So she just pretended to pay attention and somewhat understand, knowing someone else will tell her what to do when the time comes. Darren turned to her and looked at her, then proceeded to butcher the common language and walk off reading a map. After he walked off she removed her hood from her face and watched him walk off shaking her head. She is going to have to teach that man some manors. She sighed and turned her attention to Dany, she smiled her way and waved, she was about to walk over to her when the boy beside her started to talk to her in common.

Eisi smiled warmly at him. Her vilolet eyes where soft and full of appreciation. So all guy are not like Darren.

"Nice to meet you too."
Her common was good, she understood a lot more then what she could speak, but if needed to she was able to hold her own in long conversations, thanking her practice with Serrif that long winter day. "Im Eisi, Berus right?" her voice was soft as always, sounds of soft bells, also there a smooth accent from her native language. She shook his hands lightly. She looked back around, "So all I know is that I was taken by that brunt over there." she pointed at Darren, "And I have no idea what he just said. So do you know what we are doing out here?"

OOCPurple Kontinese, Pink Common
E'isi
Free Spirit

Words: 69390
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Danyella on March 14th, 2011, 6:13 am

"Spelunking huh? I didn't bring supplies for that, but..." She shrugged in an uncaring manner. She pulled the Konti into a soft embrace, lightly kissing her on the cheek, "How are you hun?" She then shook Berus' hand and saw him grimace a bit, making her feel a bit sheepish for being stronger than him. She saw he had the spear head wrapped, and smiled, since he listened to her advice. She turned to Darren, "Glad to see your reflexes have improved."

She wondered why they would go spelunking with all of this wilderness to explore. But Darren called this group together and her Dah told her that you must always follow your leader, even if you know it's to your death. She saw Darren struggle slightly under his pack, she smiled and plucked it off his back with ease and strapped it to her own. Instead of accusing him of being weak, "We need our best fighter free to do his job. Everyone have all of their supplies? I brought extra."

She looked to the skies and prayed to Morwen to keep it clear. A blizzard could easily be the death of them, especially when many creatures had adapted to be particularly lethal under the cover of falling snow. She moved her pickaxe to her belt for quick grabbing. She looked back in the direction of her home, a worrisome feeling sitting like a stone in her gut.
Danyella
Player

Words: 30426
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2011, 6:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 14th, 2011, 7:05 am

Darren scoffed playfully at Danyella's passing chide, instead of picking a fight as usual he was rather intently focused on the map. Normally he had a bad sense of direction when it came to these things, he usually finds himself exploring lots of random areas in all around Avanthal, moving from place to place until he found himself back on the main road again. However this turned out to be a skill as he usually remembered the pathways and sometimes find shortcuts along the way, it was going to new places he was having trouble with. "Ummm, hmmm..." *Turns paper around* "yea...uhhh" *Sigh* "Ehehehe, yep! We should be coming up to our first destination soon" he replied as he suddenly felt a weight lifted from his shoulders, literally.

He turned to see Danyella being friendly with him for a change. Oh my, being out on our own really brings out the best of us he thought giving Danyella a playful hug as a thank you. He watched as she however showed some signs of worry as they moved farther away, seeing this he walked a bit closer to her and spoke to softly "Don't worry everything is going to be fine. You got me and your boytoy to protect you. We won't let anything happen to you" he whispered as he looked deep into her eyes before continuing, "Speaking of which!" he said letting Berus hear, "have you two ever...you know." *Rude Hand gestures* "Made...Lov I mean errr, Had...ehhh, Ummm... ever kissed?" He laughed heartily as he thought about it. The two have known each other for awhile and I've seen Dany take a liking to Berus, Berus however he couldn't tell when it came to his feelings for Dany, he thought as he watched the two's expressions, Ehhhh maybe since I nearly killed that one day and that other day I tried to bury him that makes him sort of hard to read, ...well at least for me.

He resumed his chuckle at the twos expense as their first cave came into view. Wait...Huh? He thought as he looked over the map again, We are suppose to walk alot more then this he thought looking at the structure and back at the map again. Sigh* "Alright whatever, Bartender at the Fight Crew said there was a place we might like here, and I trust that he wouldn't have sent me to some deathtrap" he said as he looked for Eisi. "Alright follow us and make sure Eisi is happy and well" he said to Danyella before him and Berus walked towards the cave enterance.

Meanwhile back at Fight Crew...

"Hey Bartender where's Darren?"
"Oh? He out exploring the caves just outside of Avanthal"
"Oh that's cool. Did you remember to avoid the first few caves in the area?"
"Oh my! That's right! Darn it all! I did not."

Sigh* "He's not gonna be happy if he gets back"
"Yep...."
Last edited by Darren on March 23rd, 2011, 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 14th, 2011, 5:16 pm

Berus smiled brightly as Eisi laughed, a rather wonderful sound that uplifted the bard after hearing several solid hours of wretched ‘music’ produced by his own fingers. “I am indeed Berus; a bard, or rather wanna-be bard, and a hopeful dreamer that wishes to someday become an adventurer.That is why I’m here, of course.” Berus winked at her. “We’re supposed to be on some sort of grand err… adventure out here in the Northern Reaches and its sounds as if we’re going to be doing some- what’s the word? Spelunking? I think we’re just going to explore some of the caves nearest Avanthal so we shouldn’t get into too much danger, so it should be just a bit of fun? In any case, stick close to Danyella and Darren, as they are both powerful fighters and should be able to handle anything we come across.” The common language came to him more easily as he talked; only stumbling over a few of the longer, more unfamiliar words. His ears perked up as he heard Darren speaking, so he quickly shifted his attention over to the big man.

Berus shook his head at Darren's crude joke. His eyes flashed bright blue as he considered thrusting his spear in between the legs of the big man and sending him face down in the snow. The thought passed though, and his eyes faded back to green, for he really didn't want to feel the man's vicious backlash. Though Darren was smiling and joking now, Berus remembered their first meeting where the big man had been rather vicious. However, he hoped that Danyella wouldn’t be too insulted, for she seemed to be a bit more impulsive and fearless than the slight bard. The image of her hammer swiping Darren’s head right off his shoulders came to mind.

They reached the cave entrance rather quickly and stood around it, awaiting Darren’s lead. Unfortunately, though, Darren just stood there looking very confused as he stared at his map. Berus took the time to put his lyre in his pack and take out his spear as an extra precaution, hoping that he could come out of his first ‘adventure’ in one piece. Darren motion for Berus to come with him up to the cave entrance and Berus eagerly advanced beside him, though he took care not to get ahead of the large man and his protective shadow.

They stopped at the very entrance to the cave and Berus peered into the shadows. The sunlight reflecting off of the snow was intense indeed, but it didn’t make it far into the cave before it was brutally swallowed by the everlasting shadows that had thrived in the cave for centuries. He glanced over at Darren, “I don’t suppose you brought a torch with you?” Berus himself hadn’t planned to go underground and had thus only brought flint and steel to make a fire outdoors, if, that is, he ever figured out how to start one.

It seemed that the first guardian of the dangerous cavern near Avanthal was the shadow itself, for it would take a weapon of intense heat and the power to bring light to defeat it. Berus grinned as he considered their band of adventurers being turned away because they had no torches.
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next