Stealing fire [kendall]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Stealing fire [kendall]

Postby Jokor on March 25th, 2011, 7:12 am

7th of spring

Jokor settled down one one of the grassy patches shifting a bit to make himself comfortable on it.
As soon as he was as comfortable as he could be he thought back about the lessons he received a while ago and tried to relax and look at the bigger picture as he looked at some of the people that where walking around or otherwise relaxing in the stone garden, the now rather familiar optical illusion came into his vision quick, a shimmering colorless aura of some kind that wrapped around them.
He tried not to blink to much and loose what he already had as he continued to stare, Just as he thought in the first few chimes nothing happened as he sat there but then there was a flash of light blue around one of the people, a few other colors also mixed in but most of it was just monochrome blue.
Jokor looked dumbfounded at the person for a while, that was something new here. Did his practice finally pay of? Before he could answer his own question the world around him almost flared alight with aura's. Even the stones had their own for the gods sake!
Jokor closed his eyes in reflex when the many aura's came into his vieuw, only to be even more dumbfounded as he continued to... well 'see' wasn't really right when you had your eyes closed but he didn't knew another word for it, the aura's even when his eyes where closed. Not that he could make out what hte petch those aura's meant yet but hey you couldn't have everything in happen in one session.
If anybody looked at him right now they would either shake their heads at the weird boy and begin to think he had a few loose screws or if they knew a bit about magic in general they at least knew he was practicing his auristics.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Stealing fire [kendall]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on March 28th, 2011, 12:41 am

Against his better judgement Kendall found himself walking to the Stone Gardens. Last time he had been there he had scared a girl simply by muttering his plans to got o Ravok. He would surely not try that again. It was a sort of note to self. Syliras and Ravok, not the best of friends. His uttering of his travel plans had upset Jaelyn and worried Hadrian. Kendall began to daydream as he thought of Hadrian. As soon as he noticed Nysel's daydreams were starting to sneak their way into his mind he shook his head, almost as if he was trying to get the thoughts to fly out of his head. "Just try to think of other things. Try to clear your mind. That is what this garden is for."

Once in the garden Kendall spotted a small group of people walking about. It was much more populated this time. Last time it had just been Jaelyn and himself. Quite the akward situation in his opinion. Kendall had come to appreciate the people of Syliras. He admired the way they went about their lives peacefully with the help of the Knights. As he walked he tried not to look too long at anyone. He liked the people of Syliras but not enough to start making friends on the street. One person stuck out to him though. There was a small boy, or better yet, young man sitting in the grass. He was significantly shorter than Kendall but that fact was more of a relief than a shortcoming in Kendall's eyes. Lately he had been keeping quite tall company, what with Hadrian and Cathan being 6'4 and 6' respectively.

The young man seemed to be watching the people intently. It was a gaze much like he had seen on Hadrian at Kova's Well. Could it have been that the boy was looking through eyes lined with magic? The thought seemed interesting at first but then it started to weigh on Kendall. Those with the eyes to see magically had the power to see past his ruse. For that reason, mages often scared Kendall at bit even if he was a magic user himself. The fact that the boy sat there alone was a little disheartening. Kendall remembered how it felt to be alone. He still would be without Cathan. Thank the Gods for him. Althought it worried him a bit, Kendall approached the boy. "Hello, you do know it is not polite to stare at people right? Even if you are people watching. It tends to set them off a bit." Kendall knew if some strange boy was staring at him he would not only be annoyed he would be a little scared.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Stealing fire [kendall]

Postby Jokor on March 28th, 2011, 1:20 pm

Even though he was seeing the aura's at the moment his eyes where still closed and he didn't knew enough about aura's to get something useful out of it however so he was still surprised when somebody suddenly said something to him.
Almost jumping to his feet in surprise jokor snapped open his eyes and looked towards the man who disturbed him.
When he finally registered what the man said he couldn't help but to scowl at the message, great another one of those holier then thou guy's who had problems with his lack of manners. He really was getting sick of those.

"And whats it to you." ignoring the aura around the man, he didn't know how it exactly worked yet so he wouldn't get any good information from it anyway.
"If any of them get a bit on the edge it would probably be a good thing, if those knights weren't around here those guy's would have been robbed clean without even noticing their pants where missing." He responded in a brash tone, his sunbertian accent clearly audible in his voice.
"Besides I'm just practicing something, last time I knew there wasn't a law against that, unless those knight pulled out another one out of their ass."
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Stealing fire [kendall]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on March 29th, 2011, 1:49 am

The boy spoke in an accent much different than the ones he had been hearing around the city. Although, he did not have much room to talk. Kendall’s voice was a bit strange on its own. It seemed to be a strange mix of accents and inflections, almost as if there were two voices mixed into one. His voice was deep; much like his masculine body would make people think. His accent seemed to be a mix of Zeltivan and some other region. Kendall still was unsure what it was though.

A pair of mismatched eyes shot a glare at the boy. Kendall understood the importance of asserting individuality and wanting to push the norms. It was something most young boys and even men his age tried. What bothered Kendall was that if the boy hated the knights and rules so much why was he even in Syliras. Kendall had not been in the city for too long but since entering the gates he had a firm understanding that the knights kept the city running quite smoothly, as well as safely. In truth, the boy’s attitude annoyed him a bit. Maybe his straight and narrow upbringing in Zeltiva had poisoned his mind a bit. ”There is no reason to fret about knights and rules if you are not working against them.” Kendall could feel the masculine instincts in him starting to flare up. They wanted to prove this child wrong or at least knock him down a few pegs.

”No one said anything against your practicing kid. All I said was that it was a bit strange to stare at people. If you have some higher reasoning behind it go right ahead.” Kendall was not in the mood to fight with self important brats. He had plenty of patience but if one was going to spit fire at him he did not see any reason not to fight back, at least verbally.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Stealing fire [kendall]

Postby Jokor on March 29th, 2011, 4:29 pm

Jokor shrugged when the man glared at him, though those mismatched eyes where a bit strange if you asked him, bet even then he saw more scary things when he went to relieve himself. You never knew what lived in those damp alleys.
Jokor glared up at the man as soon as he accused him of just fretting for no reason at all.
"Hard to know when you are working against the rules when there are so many you are bound to forget a few. T'was a lot simpler where I'm from." He snorted before quickly dropping that subject, if he began to miss that hellhole where he came from then he should get his head checked if there weren't a few screws lose.
"Besides there are always a few Vagik's in every organization that like to lord their authority over everybody else. I'll drink my own Shyke if I am ever proven wrong on that account." He snorted at the man's last words.
"Well since my practice mostly needs staring at other people nagging on that is nagging about my practicing. Simple logic isn't it." He turned away from the man feeling quite irritated.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Stealing fire [kendall]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on April 2nd, 2011, 6:59 pm

While Kendall was a patient person he had a bit of a sore spot for kids who thought they were smarter than those who made the rules. Granted, Kendall was just past the age of being considered a child in many people's eyes. He remembered the unruly know it alls at the university who liked to try and upstage the teachers. They were fools in Kendall's opinion. There was no fault in having an issue with authority but blatantly challanging it for no reason other than the fact it was there was immature and pointless.

"Maybe the brat should scurry back there then." Kendall could feel himself getting slightly more irritated as the meeting went on. Kendall was aware that at times it was nessisary to play a bit outside the rules but it did not mean one needed to be so cynical. "Well why don't you go back to that glittering little utopia thst you are from then. If the knights are an issue for you it is a bit strange you would even stay in the city." Kendall rasied an eye brow at the kid as he looked down at him. "That is unless you are just enjoying the ability to sit around bitching." He had known so many kids who wanted nothing more than to scrutinize the rules but not do anything to make their situation better.

"Once again, if staring at people is so important to your petching art then do it. I am not a knight and frankly, I don't give two mizas what you do." Kendall did not normally use such vuglar language. He had been raised to know that a lady never soiled her mouth with such dirty words. He was no longer a lady though, at least on the outside. "You should watch your tounge though. People less patient than myself might jump at the chance to show a little brat like you a lesson for being so rude. Frankly, I just don't want to make a scene."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Stealing fire [kendall]

Postby Jokor on April 3rd, 2011, 11:16 pm

Jokor couldn't help but break out in loud unrestrained laughter as soon as kendall called sunberth a glittering utopia. not caring about the fact that maybe he was offending the person or that almost everybody else in the garden was looking towards him. After a few moments he finally managed to recompose himself and looked back towards the man.

"You are shitting me right? Rhysol himself wouldn't even piss in the direction of that nightmare, so its far from a perfect thing. besides I never said it was better, just that the law was a lot more simple there." He chuckled a bit, still thinking that the thing he just said was the most hilarious joke in the world, shrugging when the man just asked why he stayed here.
"besides I stay here because I didn't want to stay in sunberth nor would I like to stay in some port city with food that tasted worse then a month old fish. So comparing to both of those syliras,nosy knights or not, isn't that bad."
He said as he stood up from the grassy spot he was standing in, not even reaching the mans chin as he did so. Giving a mocking grin towards him as he did so.
"Oh they already tried beating me up, I'm made out of strong stuff though not much can keep me down for to long. Besides beating me up won't cure my rudeness, I'll just curse you some more while you are trying to catch me."
He gave the man a quick look over. "Though I doubt I'll have to run from you, you look like a stiff breeze could snap you in two."
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Stealing fire [kendall]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on April 8th, 2011, 11:34 pm

Mismatched eyes scoweled at the boy. He could put down the knights, even Syliras if he wished, but no one talked down about Zeltiva. Not around him. The city was his home and some stupid brat from some lawless town was going to pass judgement on it. He grabbed the kid by the collar and pulled him in close so his eyes were looking right into his. "You watch your stupid little tounge when you talk about Zeltiva you little rat. I don't give two shits if the sun shines out of your ass. You will not talk down about that town." His mismatched eyes bore into the boy's own before he dropped him to the ground.

It was obvious the boy had struck a nerve in Kendall. He had great passion for where he was from. Some little street rat from Sunberth was not going to talk down a city full of scholars. "At least where I am from people are intellegent and know enough not to pick fights with strangers. I have no reason to chase you. I have better things to do." He did feel the growing urge to burn the boy, if only to teach him a lesson. "Besides, do you really think I am stupid enough to attack you in the middle of the Stone Gardens? I would get nabbed by the knights in a second." For a boy who liked to belly ache about the watchful eye of the knights one would think he would be more concious of those who didn't feel like flirting with the law. "I'm not one for playing with the law."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Stealing fire [kendall]

Postby Jokor on April 11th, 2011, 3:53 pm

Jokor widened his eyes in surprise as he was lifted of his feet and looked straight into the mismatched eyes of the irate man. He quickly got over his initial surprise and scowled back, not about to get intimidated by this twig of a human.
"I say whatever I want about that town, Besides I only said the food sucked, which is true, I can eat garbage that is weeks old and the first time I drank kelp beer I nearly threw up!" He scrunched up his face in disgust when he recalled the taste.
"No wonder you are a twig like that, I wouldn't have much meat on my bones when I had to eat stuff like that." He gave him an impish smirk, it was clear that he was now just ribbing him for his own amusement. When kendall began to proclaim that she was intelligent enough not to pick fights with strangers and that he had better things to do, he gave a short burst of mocking laughter
"Well It looks like you are stupid enough to start fighting. What do ya think yer doing now?"
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Stealing fire [kendall]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 1st, 2011, 2:11 am

The heat of Kendall's gnosis was starting to flare up. It worked it's way through his system trying to cool off his growing anger. This was not worth getting in trouble with the knights for. This was some stupid kid who clearly was acting out. "At least in Zeltiva we don't eat garbage. We breed intellectuals, not raccoons and dirty rats." How could some filthy child think that Zeltiva's food was disgusting when his only meals were the waste of others?

"I don't think you threw up because of the taste of the beer. I think it is more along the lines that you are what... twelve years old?" Kendall was starting to get a little catty. His more feminine means of verbal warfare were starting to come out. While a normal guy would have started screaming at the boy and trying to intimidate him Kendall was shooting for his ego just like a catty girl. "How about instead of trying to show you are a 'big boy' by drinking alcohol when you are barely old enough to leave home you try to be respectable? Get a job or help people." Kendall was glaring at the boy, his arms crossed. "I forgot, your kind doesn't do that. You are all uncivilzed beasts who feed off of other people's fortune." Kendall shrugged at the words although he felt a lot more angered then his stoic stance let on. "That is fine I guess. Although it makes you a waste of breath though. You give nothing to society. You are nothing but a parasite."

Kendall could feel his body begging for a swing at the boy. His feminine mind was trying desperately to keep his male body from trying to prove it's dominance over Jokor. It had been a long time since Kendall had let someone know that they were socially below him. He had stopped doing that a while ago because it tended to set people off. He didn't care if he offended the boy though. "Picking someone up by the collar isn't fighting. Although you would like it if it was. You degusting theives will look for any excuse to look like a petching victim. You sicken me."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook