OOC Announcements [Please read]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Kelpie on March 29th, 2011, 5:23 am

Lhavit OOC Announcements

This thread here is where my team and I will put up important announcements for all of the people currently in or thinking about coming to Lhavit. There will be information here that may pertain to your PCs, so please be sure to drop by when there's a new announcement and read up on what's been posted. Thanks!
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ophelia on March 29th, 2011, 5:25 am

COSMOS CENTER

I'm the mod who deals with the Cosmos Center, so I'm here to deal with all of your requests for housing and for a job. You're all amazing people and writers, but I need to set some boundaries up in the Cosmos Center. So, we have rules now. Steps, if you like.

1. Get to know the city of Lhavit. Read the Lhavit lore carefully, read the IC Information thread, read player's threads rwho have been here for a while. Get to know the city and what is feasible in this city. If at all possible, get involved in some other threads in Lhavit. It doesn't look good if you walk into the Cosmos Center and demand a job first thing. I won't deny you, but I would prefer it if you got involved in other things too.
  2. Read the Linkmap. Have a look at what locations there are and what may be a feasible job.
  3. Then, you may post in the Cosmos Center. In your opening thread don't just say "Hi, is anyone there?!" Be specific and concise. Walk in there and say "I want housing and I want a job". Know what job you want. Mention it in your post. If it is not exactly feasible for your character to mention exactly what job they want, say what your skills are IC and PM me and tell me what job you want. Make it so that I KNOW what you want before I even get around to giving it to you.

There are avenues to go through after that, but those are the general guidelines. Each circumstance will be different. Be aware that we expect you to do one-two working threads a season to get your wages - which you will recieve at the end of said season.

This may seem picky, but we are aiming to prevent the amount of people who ask for a job and then never turn up to Mizahar again. I am also sick of people coming in to the CC and saying "Yeah, Ophie, I want a job ... not really sure, what do you think?" You write your character. You need to take responsibility and think for your own character. I am not going to decide everything for you.

I'm not going to ask any of the people currently waiting in the CC for a reply to change their posts. But this will be implemented now. If anyone posts again in the CC without following these guidelines, I will ask you to change it.
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Ophelia on May 11th, 2011, 10:24 am

I'm not all that sure that anyone reads this thread, but here we go!

WIZARDS IN LHAVIT!

Please check out this thread.

Thanks kids. <3
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Kelpie on June 17th, 2011, 12:11 am

Important Information

Hey all, please, just to let you know. If anyone has ANY questions or doubts on the Shinya, please contact me and let me know. Some information given out by others might be wrong information, or misunderstood, so for clarification, please take the time out of your day to PM me or send me a note in my office, thanks!
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Mercury on July 11th, 2011, 6:54 am

Good News

Actually more like amazing news. I have finished grading (almost) every thread. Just a couple stragglers that will soon be… taken care of.

Modded Threads

Read the following if you were in the middle of modded thread with either Kelpie or Ophelia.

1. Is this thread critical to your character development?
2. Is this thread very important to you as a player?
3. Do you want to try continuing your thread with a new mod?

If you answered Yes to any of the three, then please post the following in my office

1. Thread Name
2. Thread Link
3. Characters Involved
4. Detailed Plot Summary so Far
5. Any notes from the Mod that you came up with OOC
6. What you want from the thread
7. What you want from me as a story teller
8. Any thing else I might have missed

If you answered No to all those questions… You can post it directly into my office following the provided questionnaire already posted there.

Requesting New Modded Threads

Because there will be major plot lines determining the fate of the city and because I am still trying to set everything in order, I will not be able to take up any new modded threads except for the existing ones and the new major ones. If you would like 'modded' threads that center your character, I suggest requesting a guest mod.

I have already received a few PMs of players interested in being involved in the new plots - this is great news. I cannot wait to accommodate you guys.

PERSONAL NOTE

I am a stickler for procedure. I want to be the best possible mod for each and every player I write with. To be efficient, so that I can help as many people as possible without sacrificing quality, I have designed simple 'questionnaires' to be filled out in my office. It is not asking for much. Please take the time to answer the all the questions as simply and as straight forward as possible. Help me to help you.
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Mercury
Poisoning you to insanity, one word at a time

Words: 93204
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Aspen on August 15th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Hi everyone!

Just so you all know, there will be changes happening in the city.

To keep up, please check out new OOC thread regularly here: OOC

Also, regardless of whether you posted in the old one, it would be appreciated if all PC's in Lhavit posted in our new 'Who's Here' thread: Who's In Lhavit?

And now the most important part.
You will all need to take a look at Lhavit's new Wiki write-up! Changes are coming, and your first clues are already there!
Lhavit Wiki

Oh and, hello from one of your new mods! I'm so thrilled to be here :D
Lhavit Lore | Lhavit Forums | The Shinya | Zintila

"The stars are the jewels of the night,
and perchance surpass anything which
day has to show."
- Henry David Thoreau
Aspen
Your Local Tree

Words: 89936
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Legion on January 16th, 2012, 7:44 pm

Hullo, Lhavit!

Please allow me to introduce myself. We are Legion and I am here to look after you for awhile as Aspen is retired and Aural is temporarily out of service.

What does this mean? This means that anything you may need to discuss with an ST you may direct toward my office or PM box. This includes threads in need of grading. I have cleaned out threads in Aspen, Aural and Duality’s offices, but if there are any requests regarding modded threads or otherwise, please drop them in my office or PM me so that we can start fresh.

I am here to help you! What will help me to help you is your patience and understanding that I have other mod responsibilities than Lhavit that are not being moved off my plate. This means I’m pretty busy, but I will do my very best to get back to you in a timely fashion.

Please be aware that it is likely going to take me a few days to orient myself here. I am familiar with the wonder and glow that is this awesome city, but I do not yet know it as intimately as I do Denval.

I will be restructuring my office to streamline request processing and, again, my PM box is always open to you. I’m more than happy to address and discuss any questions or concerns. If it is something outside of my ability or authority, not to worry, I happen to know some people who can help us out. ;)

Soon, Lhavit, you will have a permanent ST of your very own. Until then, you have me. Let’s be friends!

Write on,
Legion (We Are).
Legion

Denval Forum | Denval News | Denval Lore
Lhavit Forum | Lhavit News | Lhavit Lore

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Legion
Boom, backflip.

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Legion on January 22nd, 2012, 1:52 am

This thread is now closed. Please subscribe to the new OOC Thread and the new News Thread.
Legion

Denval Forum | Denval News | Denval Lore
Lhavit Forum | Lhavit News | Lhavit Lore

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Legion
Boom, backflip.

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Office
Featured Contributor (1)