Without Armor [Kendall]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Without Armor [Kendall]

Postby Hadrian on May 1st, 2011, 8:23 pm

Hadrian shook his head, letting the Shields dissipate from around his forearms. Then he began to ruefully rub his wrists, glad that he had been so fortunate trying to pit his woefully inadequate skills against an actual blade. As soon as he began to tend to those physical aches, he felt the faint, dull nudge of an impending headache and his smile shattered into a chuckle as he rubbed his temples.

"It's probably best we break for now. Shielding is still new to me, so I'd probably end up with a broken arm and a raging headache if we continued anyway. But this is a good incentive for me to practice, as well. The better to survive you and help you learn...

"The Flux is just a way to augment your body with your mind and its magic. Another thing I picked up in order to study djed flow in general... but probably a good thing to keep in my pocket when things get dangerous as they tend to do. I'm not much in a fight anyway, not unless I can outsmart a person. But why don't we call it quits for the day so we don't overdo it?

"And... you're welcome. I just... I want you not to... I just want you to be safe."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Without Armor [Kendall]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 1st, 2011, 9:23 pm

Kendall watched as Hadrian's shield waned away leaving nothing but his smooth pale skin. The skin that Kendall longed to touch and feel against his own. He felt a small rush of pain in his chest when he saw Hadrian rubbing his wrists. Had he hurt him? He would have felt the crushing pain of guilt if it was not for the smile and chuckle that broke through Hadrian's lips. He was enchanting, at least in Kendall's eyes.

Kendall was sad to have to leave Hadrian's side. It was inneviatable of course. He still could not help but wish he could have more time with him though. "Okay, sounds good." After a chime of consideration Kendall added in a few words. "I wouldn't want you to get hurt so I suppose it is for the best." Kendall looked away from Hadrian and to the ground bashfully. He wanted to stay with Hadrian but in the same way he was a little excited to leave. Then he could calm down a bit.

The topic of Flux seemed useful. He would have loved to learn the art but it was better to wait. That way he and Hadrian would rest a bit. He smiled a bit at Hadrian's words. The man barely knew him and yet he wanted him to be safe. Kendall liked that.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Without Armor [Kendall]

Postby Archon on May 4th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Illumination of Development

Hadrian
  • +3 Teaching
  • +3 Shielding
  • +2 Rhetoric
  • +1 Reimancy
  • +1 Auristics
  • +1 Glyphing
  • +1 Flux

Lores: The power of touch, Feeling protective, Limits of a simple shield

Care to see more? :
Teaching and Rhetoric experience for the conversation throughout, Shielding experience for your use during teaching and the bit at the end, and Reimancy, Glyphing, Flux, and Auristics for your bits of use throughout.

Kendall Saarinen
  • +5 Shielding
  • +2 Rhetoric
  • +1 Broad Sword

Lores: The power of touch, Forming shields (Basic), The calming power of water, Focusing through nervousness

Care to see more? :
Lots of Shielding experience for your excellent portrayal of learning the skill, a bit of Rhetoric experience for the conversation, and a touch of Broad Sword for your strike.

Notes:A rather cute little thread, it's refreshing to see characters taking time to develop a relationship, and a nice way to work in the teaching as well. :)
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous