[Stone Gardens] Playing in the Garden (Bolivar)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on April 2nd, 2011, 2:48 am

Timestamp: 8th of Spring, 511 AV

Since coming to the city of Syliras Kendall had found himself returning to the Stone Gardens quite frequently. He was not sure why. Maybe because it was quiet and less populated. It was there he would try to work on the lessons Hadrian had tried to teach him back in his apartment. He needed to work on his meditation. With meditation his ability to do magic would be stronger. He pulled Hadrian's words from his mind and recalled the need for fire. Fire, by nature was his element. He held his hand out, releasing the Res and letting it float over his palm. He smiled as he felt the warmth playing against his skin.

Kendall walked slowly through the garden letting his stride match the quiver of the flame. It was not often when he smiled genuinely but since Hadrian attempting to teach him to meditate he had felt a bit of a bond with his fire. He felt like it was an extension of himself. A preview to the world about the fire that burned within, yet he did not want people to see it. He wanted to be the only one to look within with possibly the exception of Hadrian and Cathan. Even Cathan was not able to see who he really was and Hadrian saw it with the help of magic. His secret was one he would protect. He would not let the fire spread like it did with his family. They had been the first ones to know about his secret and they were the first to leave.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Bolivar on April 4th, 2011, 11:13 pm

Bolivar, while touring the city for more models for his architectural pursuits, came across a clearing in the middle of the city. "Hmm? Did I go out of the city by accident?" He said while surveying the area, to get an idea of where he was. Weird a clearing in the middle of a bustling city such as this? An interesting concept in such a compact town, and a real show of organization as well. He thought taking a knee and looking at the stones he was standing on. After awhile he found that the place was to honor the fallen, those that gave their lives to secure a place of security and survival of their next of kin. A deed worth undertaking in my option he thought as he played with the idea of a clearing in the city.

At the very least this is to say something I myself, would have thought about, truly this city has it's merits and to think I'm in the middle of it all he thought as he scribbled the idea of a park within the a city in his head. He spent a good deal of time drawing up with his own variation of the concept, trying to put his excitement of a new thought into paper. Nearly using half an ounce of ink he finally finished his rough drafts, nearly using up all three sheets of parchment he had on him. He nodded satisfied as he grabbed his papers and walked around the park one last time. I wonder what they call this clearing Bolivar thought as he saw another person come into view.

Softly making his way to the man he wanted to observe him first before making himself known. He sneaked closer trying to keep low, peeking to see what the a normal citizen does in empty space such as this. The man looked calm, serene even, as he was playing with what looked to be...fire? Oh a mage of sorts? Bolivar concluded as he snuck a closer peak to check. Yes! This place seems to be a spiritual place as well he thought getting up and checking his pack. He sribbled his newest findings in his papers before addressing the stranger. He slowly approached the magi as to not startle or otherwise cause a negative reaction to his presence. Finally moving in front of him, he sat slowly in front of him trying to show a measure of decent mannerism and goodwill.

"Hello fellow practitioner. I see there that you practice the same art I do" Bolivar said, nodding his head. Bolivar looked curiously at the ball of fire, it's warmth resonating off unto him. He raised his hand close to the stranger's trying to mimic the same res manipulation, his flow of djed forming as a ball outside his hand. He shivered a bit as he felt every bit of him taken from the confines of his body, it was always the slow processes like this that he felt was the worst. He swallowed before continuing "My name is Darren of the Coglias Clan," he said igniting his res with his personal element, "and my element is wind." He paused to look plainly at the strange man, he looks rather funny he thought noting how pretty the man looked. "So tell me Magister, would you like to mix elements and perhaps tell me a bit about yourself?" he asked waving the pressurized wind ball around slowly.

pic of blueprintsImage
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Got some Christmas plans. So going to be busy until around after the holidays.
Bolivar
Just go with it

Words: 299487
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 2:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on April 5th, 2011, 1:34 am

Engrossed in his flames, Kendall had not noticed the man walk into the garden, even less approach him. He jumped in fear, making his flame roar brighter as if it was preparing to protect him. His eyes darted to the man who spoke to him, wide with surprise. He did not look like too much of a threat although one could never be too sure. The man's friendliness urked him a bit although he could tell the man was trying to be friendly. He closed his hand tightly around the flame in his hand, dousing it from a lack of oxygen. He was not too keen on seeing some surprisingly friendly man off the street seeing his flames.

He had to be nice, or at least try to be. He had been feeling a bit cold lately although there was no reason why. It was simply one of his occasional moods. At least this time he was not crying. He tried to channel some of the manners Hadrian had shown him. One good turn deserved another and all that. "Hello. I'm Ken." He prefered not to share his full name. Only a few people knew it. He did not want to leave traces back to who he was back in Zeltiva. The man was being conversational and maybe that deserved another piece of information. "From Zeltiva."

Kendall was not sure how he felt about being compared to a Wind Reimancer. He did not feel as though he was better than those who practiced the other arts. He simply felt as though his connection to his element was a bit stronger than those to simply played with the elements without having a strong emotional attachment to them. Maybe the man was marked by Zulrav, he would never know unless he was told.

Anger spiked a bit in Kendall's chest when the man asked about him. He was not much for sharing his personal life. For one, he doubted anyone would believe him and at most they would find him crazy. If they did believe him however, they would find him unbelievably strange. "I am from Zeltiva and I came here for a change in pace. I'm not one for talking about the past though. I'm more interested in the present if that is okay with you." There was a slight edge to his voice although he knew he should have been a little kinder. His sharp talking was not going to gain him a friend here.

Holding his hand out, Kendall released his Djed, letting it play above his palm before igniting it into a burst of flame. He did not consider himself a mage, not in the slightest. He did feel a close connection to his pyromancy though. "Yeah... let's see what you can do." Maybe could not share his words well but at times one's element could show what they wanted to say better than they could. His fire burned fierce and strong, flickering with a hint of Kendall's own wavering annoyance to the man. Although, the two could have just been complete coincidence. "Your element says a lot about you... Bolivar. What does it mean that you choose to be one with the wind?"
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Bolivar on April 6th, 2011, 5:27 pm

"Oh my,From Zeltiva?" Bolivar asked as he looked Kendall over again. "I've never been there. I should try adding that to the list of areas I should travel to." Bolivar nodded, understanding that the subject wasn't something he should delve into with this one. He merely shrugged as he took a relaxed position near the man, the air in his hand bouncing around playfully as he kept his gaze. "I'm guessing that even though magic is accepted in this city there are still others who would still look in fear of us reinmancy users" he said softly, remembering the weird looks people give him when they find him practicing. He found himself a bit annoyed as he remembered the reception he got shortly after he entered the city.
As he heard Kendall agree to trying experimenting a little he cheered up slightly giving new life to his res. I suppose it does he. Perhaps it reflects my personality because I'm one of the few Isurs that left Sultros willingly. I find myself attuned to my element more and more he said his voice slowly turning into a whisper. He recalled how easy it was to move away from the nest for the first time, his mind fleeting and always thinking ahead as he wandered outside of Sultros for a bit with no direction. "I think I like the wind best. Always moving and free, can conform to any task you want, and most importantly limitless in it's applications." He grinned, relating the element to himself. "What it means to be one with the winds is to be one that lets the heat of the moment take control. To make gutsy decisions constantly, to be able to move quickly and precisely. To be able to move unhindered by the lay of the land or the will of others" he added looking up into the sky.
He quickly bobbed his head smiling, his little speech brightened his perspective of his current situation. "Hmm, I suppose one such as you should have passion and willpower as your redeeming qualities" he asked as his orb of res floated a short distance away from him. He tried to adhere it to Kendall's orb trying to make the two equal in power and size. "Anyways on to the point! Let's see what mixing air and fire creates." he said waiting for Kendall's help. He looked excited and ready to learn as he suddenly paused and looked around, "Hey is it alright if we do this here?" he asked. The place was pretty empty but he was still feeling a bit strange for doing this in the middle of a field. "I mean I have no problem showing this off but perhaps you would like to move?" he asked.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Got some Christmas plans. So going to be busy until around after the holidays.
Bolivar
Just go with it

Words: 299487
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 2:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Chevalier on January 9th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Bolivar

LORE

EXPERIENCE
    Skill XP Earned
    Reimancy 2
    Interrogation 1

Kendall

LORE

EXPERIENCE
      Skill XP Earned
      Reimancy 2
      Rhetoric 1

Storyteller Notes

Secret :
      This was extremely short, but I gave out what I felt was relevant.
      Chevalier
      Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
      Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
      Race: Staff account
      Office