Teaching Lessons (Reaver)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Ren Tanor on April 9th, 2011, 2:43 pm

"We can start with camoflauge, I'm probaly not the best at camoflauge I'm a lot more skilled at hand to hand combat." Ren said "the camoflauge will be the first time for both of us. First off go get some sea water so we can make some mud out the dirt I'm going to go get" Ren said as he walked out the door and headed for the forest.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 9th, 2011, 6:34 pm

((Reaver didn't bring his house today, just a boat.))

Reaver will sigh and look to the lake right next to him. "SEA water? For paint? Won't regular water do? Besides, I don't think mud would make for a good magic circle."
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 10th, 2011, 3:32 pm

"Then what do you suggest" Ren asked. Ren watched Reaver his odd attire seemed less odd than the first time he met him, Ren wondered how he would look in the blue cape Reaver was wearing. Rens mind wandered an a question came to his mind " why do you where a cape Reaver" Ren asked.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 10th, 2011, 10:34 pm

"Perhaps, I'll just have you draw for now. I have here some paper and ink, though the ink in smaller quantities. Watch me draw, then try and draw the same symbol on another page."

Reaver will pull two pages from his book, handing one to Ren. Carefully using his pen, he began to draw. He drew a perfect circle, and several smaller circles as a part of the larger circle. He finished with some lines crossing around within it. Gently blowing along the page to dry the ink, he then held the pen out to Ren.

Reaver then decided to test him with a simple distraction, based on a former question. "I wear the cape to distract people from what I am, so they may see who I am. I try and make it easier to judge me by my appearance then my condition."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 10th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Ren took the pen gripping it in the middle of his fist, His first circle was not even a circle at all and more like an egg due to the way he held the pencil. Ren started to make the other marks that made the symbol occasionally pulling his eyes away from the paper to glace at Reavers symbol.

Ren finished and handed the paper to Reaver. Reaver's symbol was much less sloppy the Ren's. Ren frowned at the thought.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 11th, 2011, 12:04 am

"I find that practice can even beat good penmanship. I would recommend holding the pen much lighter, let the pen do the writing for you. The holes in the page aren't seen as a plus. This is actually an important part of several World magic arts."

Reaver flipped Ren's page over, and showed the damage caused to the page. Taking the pen from Ren's hand, he had him hold it with just his front to fingers. "Now, this is lightly." He guided Ren's hand slowly over the page. He hoped to demonstrate the pen working on it's own. Having helped him draw a line along the top, he let go. "Try again, lightly. Practice making your circles round. We'll move from there when you get there."

Reaver wasn't at all displeased. He needed a table to get that far when he started.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 11th, 2011, 1:14 am

Ren said a quick thank you as Reaver showed him the correct grip. Ren did the circle again, his third try came closer to perfection then all of the previous failures. "Why have I never seen you use magic before if I knew how to do magic I would do it all the time."
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 11th, 2011, 3:22 am

(("Correct" grip isn't right. "Correct" by our standard uses three fingers, his made you use two. He's just trying to show that force isn't needed. Ren might have noticed Reaver didn't hold his pen that way.))

"I mentioned last time we met, people racist against you are not as frighting as those 'racist' against magic users. People fear magic, and refuse to trust those who use it. This includes being untrusted by those who use magic. Beyond that, it is quite dangerous. The more you cast it, the higher the danger. It's not like learning to use a weapon... Think of magic as a knife that you need to cut yourself to use. The greater the magic, the larger the cut."

Reaver will hold out his page again, and point to the circles along his outer circle.

"Remember to leave spots open in your large circles for the smaller ones. I might also mention that any magic I know that uses circles also literally cuts you in order to start the spell."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 11th, 2011, 12:01 pm

Ren looked questionably at Reaver. "Does it hurt" Ren asked "why does it need my blood" Ren asked more frantically then his last question.

Ren started to calm down as he thought about his most recent injury "Reaver can you heal" Ren showing Ren showing cut on both of his palms.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 11th, 2011, 5:12 pm

"Maybe that's the scary part, the spells don't hurt like they should, minus the actual need of blood. You instead, feel tired. It needs your blood to form a link from your Djed to the circle, and what lays within it. Don't fret too much, you can recover your Djed through eating." Reaver looked to Ren's cuts. "How did you manage those? I learned to heal the, non-severe injuries of humans. I don't know if it would apply to you the same way. I might just make it worse."

With a sigh, he tried to gather himself again. "If they aren't serious, just be sure to wash them. You've been drawing with them this whole time without complaint."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext