Teaching Lessons (Reaver)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Ren Tanor on April 6th, 2011, 10:03 pm

The outside rim of lake Rovak, 10 Spring, 511 AV

Ren was in his animal form running along the outskirts of lake Rovak, in search of his mentor Reaver. Ren had been searching for the last few hours with no luck, Ren remembered the words that Reaver had said "are you sure you would be able to find me" in reply Ren had stupidly said yes. Ren wished he had said no and they had found another more sensible solution, but that was then and now and now. Ren started to feel tired from the constant running, Ren walked over to one of the large trees that were scattered over this area. There he found a considerable amount of shade, Ren layed down his tounge hanging out of his mouth.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 8th, 2011, 12:22 am

Reaver found himself drifting along the lake today, studying fish from his small boat. He found the research difficult when he could not see the fish, nor have any useful skills at bringing them closer to the surface. Tired of straining his eyes, he sat down a moment and covered them. A minute later, his boat hit the beach once again. Looking up, he saw in the distance a white wolf, with some gray. A rather uncommon site, even more so given it was alone, and tired.

Looking to the beach, he realized he must have gained some decent speed, or the waters had receded a bit, as the boat was rather stuck in the sand a while. His fish research wasn't moving anywhere, so he decided to watch the strange new sight before him, and await what may come of it. He understood most wildlife would run at the sight of him, but while it didn't notice him yet, he'd watch it for now. If it was injured, he'd contemplate attempting to catch such a thing. He lowered his body into the boat, so he could peek out without drawing full attention to himself.

((With his bright colors, not likely. XD He's no master of stealth. That aside, Reaver has never seen Ren in wolf form.))
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 8th, 2011, 12:55 am

Ren in partial comfort, under the large tree. Ren had almost regained his strength when he saw Reaver still in his peculiar blue cape. He was looking at Ren from the comfort of his boat.

Ren crankily got up still tired from his running he started to happily trot across the sand towards Reavers boat. It took him a few sluggish moment to reach Reaver boat but neverthless he had found Reaver, maybe after a few hours but he had done it. Ren proceded to stretch out in front of Reaver's boat and layed on the warm sand.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 8th, 2011, 1:06 am

Reaver swiftly found himself confused by the new behavior exhibited by this rare creature. Was it tamed? Was it fed by people regularly? What motivation was behind this movement? Reaver sat up, and took the supplies he had with him, and began to take some notes on the peculiar behavior of this creature.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 8th, 2011, 1:32 am

Ren started to shift into his human form, Rens wolf form turned into a ballof light and back into Rens human form all in the same instance. Ren was sitting' completly nude, his legs crossed and his hands on his knees.

"Hello master" Ren said his hands matching the words he was saying. "You have any water, because I'm very parched" Ren asked?
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 8th, 2011, 1:57 am

Reaver sat there in wonder for a while, then slowly put his notes away. "Master is a funny choice of word, I intend to learn from you as well, remember? I have plenty of water nearby, but it isn't suitable for drinking. How has your..." Reaver paused as he tried to find the right word. "...'crusade' been going?"

((Your punctuation is rather... off.))
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 8th, 2011, 10:49 am

"Slightly better than I expected, we have recruited two more people" Ren said. "Now on to the lessons, could you explain magic to me" Ren asked.

Ren tried to find a more comfortable sitting position for himself right beside Reaver.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 8th, 2011, 8:12 pm

Reaver crosses his arms, moving to sit in a cross-legged position of his own on his small boat. Closing his eyes, he starts his small lecture. "I'll start with the simple part. There are two, make that three kinds of magic. Magic granted by the gods, Divine magic, is known commonly as Gnosis, and is cast through a Gnosis mark. I have little information on those, as those with such marks aren't common. World magic, magic you cast using the Djed of the world around you. Your own Djed is used as a catalyst. Personal magic, which is cast with your own Djed. As they tend not to use Djed from outside sources, Personal magics tend to have the greatest risk to your mental health. I've said the world several times now, Djed is energy that is located throughout, well, everything in the world. Without it, you die. Any questions so far?"
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 8th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Ren nodded his head up and down "Just one, which one will I learn today" Ren said almost exploding with anticipation. "But before that I told you what I was could you tell me what you are" Ren asked with curiosity lingering in his voice.

"Oh and why do you wear all of the protective armor" Ren added.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 9th, 2011, 5:57 am

"Just one, but three. You simply gave a name for what you were, I didn't hear anything of being an animal as well. They tend to call those of my nature the Nuit. And I wear this armor to try and hide what it is people don't like about the Nuit. And the first question, I suspect you would be interested in any of the magic I have to offer. As far as Gnosis go, their mysteries and secrets I have yet to discover. Either of the two magics I could teach you would be difficult, but one would be more fun. You mentioned you know camouflage, why not find something to paint the ground with, get a fair amount of it, and something that moves. I'll do what I can to teach you the world magic I had picked up."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next