Mapping it Out [Kendall]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Mapping it Out [Kendall]

Postby Seven Xu on May 17th, 2011, 11:04 pm

The enthusiasm in which Ken made of his maps caused Seven to blush. They weren't that amazing, certainly not the best someone that no doubt had a far more structured education than he had seen. "If I see you again when I finish it, I would love to show you." Seven began to doubt the sincerity of the bubbly blond, but tactfully did not let his face show it. As Ken giggled, Seven mouthed the name in response before tilting his head, a smile tugging at the edges of his mouth. "I suppose watching the stars could be romantic. And, don't be embarrassed about kissing and telling. I'm sure I would tell too, to make you feel better ... if I had ever kissed anyone." Did you just confess your virginity to another man? Isn't that beyond lame? Seven looked somewhat gloomy over this fact, but it was quelled almost immediately. It was a terrible fear he had, to get too close to anyone -- but it was also something he wanted more than anything. Such are inner struggles. The 'kiss of the Symenestra' idiom painted a very unfortunate and very true picture.

"Ah, you're drunk are you?" Seven grinned across the table at Ken with a sarcastic tone and a teasing look in his scarlet eyes. The giggling mess that was the man in his company made Seven smile uncontrollably and it was easy to overcome his shortcomings in the realm of intimate relationships. Never had he encountered someone that appeared so comfortable in their skin. Then again he was rather inebriated -- that was the leading culprit of his flamboyant personality. Leaning over the table and the maps, Seven reached for a pencil before handing it to Ken. "If you think of anything, jot it down somewhere on a page that isn't too cluttered by my junk. I won't mind." Seven had relaxed considerably, even the manner in which he spoke was far calmer and casual. Then he winked, "I'm a spoiled mountain brat and I know it. The air in Syliras is so thick, sometimes it's hard to breathe. Especially when it gets foggy. I am not used to this weather, but at least it's warmer here. I cannot stand the cold."

Seven's blush deepened, and for a moment he thought Ken was going to leap across the table to fawn over his vest. "I like shopping too," he admitted, looking down at his clothing. He wasn't so sure he looked fancy. "My sisters really enjoyed dressing me up. They're the only reason I am not a complete slob, I think. I miss them." A soft sigh, then another smile. "You actually--" ... remind me of them. Seven stopped himself abruptly and deflated, face turning bright red and hands sliding off of the table and into his lap. "Maybe we could go window shopping sometime. I'm not exactly in a spot to afford new clothes, either, but it would be fun to look at nice new things."
Seven Xu
Rhetoric can't raise the dead.

Words: 567538
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Mapping it Out [Kendall]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 24th, 2011, 2:52 am

"Awwww, you've never had your first kiss? Cuuuute." Kendall tilted his head as he looked at Seven with a smile. Seven was clearly attractive. That much was evident. Kendall could not understand why Seven would have never kissed someone. If Kendall was not so enthralled by Hadrian he might have been interested in him. He shot Seven a sly glance. "Waaaait. If you have never had your first kiss you must be a virgin. How old are you?" The question was completely innappropriate. Maybe if he had been sober he would have noticed that. Kendall was not even sure if he was a virgin. He had lost his virginity as a girl to Kay'lan but now he was in a new body. He had no idea if this body had lost it's virginity too. The whole thought process of it was a bit tiring. Either way it would not matter. It was all in the past now.

Kendall smiled brightly at Seven. "Yup! Feels great." He happily took another swig from his mug as he looked down at the charts. He did not feel it was right to write his poetry on them. He did not want to muddy Seven's art with his own. "I don't wanna ruin your charts." He pulled out his notebook and opened it up to an empty page. He began to scribble on the peice of paper as he thought of simple rhymes to write. He had never tried writing poetry while drunk. It was strange and unlike the poetry he normally wrote. After scribbling for a few chimes he held the notebook back and squinted at the writing.

"I am really enjoying this beer
It is so great that I can get it here
I have not spent much time at the Rearing Stallion as of late
But when I got the chance to drink I did not hesitate
I am now making a new friend
or at least I hope he will be by the nights end."

In a fit of what looked like rage, maybe frustration, he ripped the paper out of the notebook and threw it on the ground. "That was total crap." With a little pout he looked at Seven. "Well... fuck it, I'm inadiquate. What can you do?"

"I'm sure Kalea is nice. I need to get there someday." He almost made mention of why but held his tounge. He did not want to share with Seven about his connection to Ivak. "I am not a big fan of the cold either. I do like cool spring and summer nights though. They are so romantic. Especially when you can get someone to go to the coast with you." Kendall looked forward with dreamy eyes as he spoke. He still had yet to take Hadrian to the shore with him. Maybe Hadrian would take him for Kendall's birthday.

"I think I miss my brothers too. I'm not sure. We did not leave each other on a good note." He recalled the last time he saw his family. He had almost killed his oldest brother Layton. He cocked his head when Seven's answer stopped midsentance. Maybe he had picked up the habit from his canine companion during their long say in the Wildlands together. He had not seen much of Cathan these days. Who knew a Kelvic could get so busy? His drunken mind was easily taken off the topic of his brothers when Seven suggested they go window shopping. "I'd like that. It could be fun!" He thought back to the last time he went shopping. It had gone much better than he expected it to. He did not expect the same experience from Seven, nor did he hope for it. He was content with Hadrian being the only one who shared a dressing room with him.

As the music started to swell a bit in the tavern Kendall hummed along happilly with his chin resting on his mug. "My mother was very into music. She forced me to learn piano. It was fun for like one bell and then I just thought 'petch it, this is boring.'" He shrugged as he looked at the wood of the table. He stared at it hard, almost as if he was trying to stare through it. "I'm glad I learned though. It was good for concentration." He drummed his finger on the table as he thought. "I used to do a lot of singing and dancing but not that much anymore." He looked curiously at Seven. "What about you? Were you ever into music?"
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Mapping it Out [Kendall]

Postby Seven Xu on May 26th, 2011, 3:23 pm

Seven's lips hung agape at the question of his virginity and a blush raged on his pale cheeks. Well, wasn't that obvious when he said he had never been kissed? Why did he have to bring such a thing up?! "I am a virgin, yes. And I am eighteen," He admitted, a hand lifting up to scratch the back of his neck. His sisters had already been introduced to love and they were sixteen when he left. "You don't understand, though! You see, ah," Seven grit his teeth as he tried to find a way to explain himself. There was a valid reason Seven had avoided getting too close to anyone. His hand slid off of his neck and poked at his bottom lip as if to make a point, "Well, Symenestra are venomous. Like, in the mouth. Fangs, you see. If I lose control, I could ... really hurt someone. So it isn't really that cute." Seven looked bothered by this confession, as if Ken would think less of him for it. Or worse, he would think he was some sort of freak, or killer. While he could care less what complete strangers thought of his strange appearance and venomous bite there was little more that genuinely hurt him than having a friend look at him with the same judgment.

A welcome subject change from the inebriated blond could not have come sooner. As Ken scribbled in his notebook, Seven leaned over the table in an attempt to read his poem, although it was crumpled and tossed to the floor before he even got the chance. Falling back into his chair with a look of mild disappointment, he shook his head. "I don't think you are at all inadequate." Then the makings of a genuine smile tugged at Seven's lips and he began to gather up his portfolio to pack it away in his satchel again. "The only music I know are songs from festivals in Lhavit that I learned when I was a child. I cannot carry a tune for the life of me, though, and it's all in Lhavitian anyway." Before Ken could drunkenly demand Seven burst into song, a truly embarrassing thought, Seven stood. "We should go window shopping right now!"

A puerile grin replaced the calm smile and he reached forward, placing a pale hand on Ken's own hand that was still holding onto a pencil. "Come on, it will be fun." he tilted his head as mismatched nails grazed Ken's unusually warm skin. The abrupt contact made Seven's mind swirl, the realization that this man had already been claimed by another the only thing grounding him and forcing him to let go. The rush of spontaneity had crashed into an awkward stare and that pink burned over his porcelain face as he began to question his own sobriety. While it was often easy to keep his mind off of his own unfortunate loneliness - and when he did, it didn't bother him - Ken felt the need to continuously speak of romancing a lover on a beach, under the stars, kissing and telling. Every time he did, it felt as if a nail was being pushed further into Seven's heart and the pressure of not having something he so wanted but could not bring himself to have wore heavy on his consciousness.

"If you want to."
Seven Xu

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mapping it Out [Kendall]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 28th, 2011, 4:21 am

"Eighteen... that is when I lost my... Kendall's cheeks burst into a blush as he clapped a hand over his mouth. He had almost let a very personal fact slip out. "Eighteen is a good age." He looked at Seven playfully as the boy started to get nervous. If anyone needed a drink it was this kid. He seemed to be wound up so tightly. Of course, Kendall really was not that relaxed when he was sober either. He really did not have any room to judge.

As Seven explained why he did not kiss others Kendall got up from his seat and walked to Seven's side. He sat down on the seat beside his new friend and looked at his quizically. He moved close to Seven, as if he was going to whisper something in his ear. His green and blue eyes looked intently into Seven's red irises as he spoke. "Your problem is not your poison, it is your insecurity." His voice was hushed and it was evident that Kendall had been drinking, not only due to his slightly slurred speech but the strong scent of alcohol on his breath. "You simply need to find someone who wants to take the chance with you. It is no different than normal romantics. We all take chances with affection. With you the stakes are higher." He moved back a bit, creating some room between the two. His mismatched eyes were still locked on Seven's. Almost suddenly, Kendall clapped the man on the shoulders. "You'll be fine. I'm sure there are some people out there who get off on the thrill of putting their life on the line for a little romance." He leaned back in his chair, laying his head back so his blond hair fell out of his face. "And it is cute. Petchin' virgins and their romance."

Green and blue eyes turned to look at Seven. Kendall cocked his head as he tried to figure out Seven. "Well I'm glad you think so." Kendall found himself inadequate. He was sitting in a tavern with a man he had just met drunk as a skunk for no more reason except the fact that he could not stop drinking once he started. He wanted to sleep, or more so he was just feeling drowsy. He wanted to be in Hadrian's bed so he could wake up in the morning and not have to deal with his hangover alone.

Kendall tried to think of other things when Seven started to talk of Lhavit. "I would love to hear..." His words were cut off by Seven's hand reaching out for his own. He was surprised to say the least. He had not expected Seven to actually reach out and touch him. He was not a fan of being touched for the simply fact that his hot skin always brought up questions. He looked down at Seven's hand on his own as his brow furrowed. What did this mean? He felt an uneasy emotion radiating from Seven. He was embarassed but mostly he was craving something, almost lusting for it it seemed. He looked at Seven with questioning eyes. "A boy your age should not hold down so much..." He searched for the right words as he felt himself growing lethargic. "...desire. It isn't healthy." Kendall had felt these emotions coming off someone before. They were in Hadrian and he had helped to free them. He wished that some how he could help Seven find the person that could do the same for Seven. His dowsyness was getting stronger and he felt himself being pulled into Nysel's realm more and more each chime. It was not time to sleep yet. The night was still young! Or was it day? He was not sure anymore. "Yeah, let's-" Before he could finish his answer he felt his forhead hit the table. Clearly Nysel didn't like Kendall fighting his sleep.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Mapping it Out [Kendall]

Postby Seven Xu on May 28th, 2011, 11:38 pm

"I know I am insecure." Seven admitted as Ken shifted over to his side of the table. How could he not be? At least, most of the time, he was generally happy with himself. He was moderately attractive, despite his odd teeth and eyes. He was polite. At a first glance, he even looked human. But, when you had no one to reinforce those things with shows of appreciation and affection as Ken seemed to have - it was hard to keep an aura of confidence.

For an overly blunt, overly drunken mess, Ken sure made a lot of sense. Find someone to take the chance. There had to be someone, somewhere, that would accept Seven as he was - to take him, venom and all, and love him. There were times Seven didn't even care if that individual knew of love. Times his own lust would have nothing more than a rough hand and an emotionless release. Thoughts such as these were unbearable for the half-blood, and he shook his head in attempt to clear his mind. His body, on the other hand, was harder to simply quell on a whim and his heart wouldn't stop feverishly thumping against his chest until Ken moved away once again.

A thud would pull Seven out of his dream-state and his eyes grew wide at his companion, now face-down on the table. "Ken?" A hand pressed against Ken's warm shoulder as he gave the blond a light shake. Nothing. An apologetic smile, then Seven gingerly pulled the half-empty glass of ale from Ken's hand. "We cannot stay here if you are going to sleep." Seven warned. Of course, the unconscious Ken didn't react. He was out cold. A few long chimes passed, Seven gathered the discarded poem from the floor and pocketed it and finished Ken's glass of ale in a moment of self-depreciation and a lapse in will power.

Scarlet eyes examined his new friend. He couldn't leave Ken in the tavern. Could he lift him? And if he could, where would he take him? The half-blood mulled over several possibilities before standing with an airy sigh, bag on one arm. "Okay." Seven made a face before crouching beside the table and pulling one of Ken's closest arm over his furthest shoulder. His muscles screamed in fatigue as he pulled, hoisting Ken up with an arm around his waist for support. "A little co-operation would be wonderful." Seven grunted, a smile on his face softening the sentiment. Ken was not especially hard to lift. He may not have been a body builder, but Symenestra blood had left his fragile-looking frame rather strong. Seven wasn't about to lift the man over his head, but he did manage to gently pull and drag him out of the tavern. The sheer heat that radiated from Ken's skin was harder to deal with than his dead weight.

"Let's get you home ..." Seven raised a brow, looking left to right as the pair entered the Main Gate district as Syna hung low and orange over their heads. "Wherever that may be."
Seven Xu

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mapping it Out [Kendall]

Postby Archon on June 4th, 2011, 5:56 am

Illumination of Development

Dra-Seven
  • +4 Rhetoric
  • +3 Interrogation
  • +3 Seduction
  • +1 Cartography
  • +1 Drawing

Lores: Syliras (Basic), The power of Serendipity, Using ale to loosen lips

Other: -2 SM for the drinks and a crumpled drunken poem written by Kendall

Care to see more? :
Rhetoric experience for the general conversation, Interrogation experience for the asking of questions, Seduction experience for the light flirting scattered throughout, and Cartography and Drawing experience for your work on a map at the start.

Kendall Saarinen
  • +5 Rhetoric
  • +3 Interrogation
  • +2 Seduction
  • +1 Writing
  • +1 Singing

Lores: Symenestra (Basic), Syliras (Basic), Drinking your sorrows away

Other: -2 SM for second round of drinks

Care to see more? :
Rhetoric experience for the conversation throughout, especially while drunk, Interrogation experience for the redirecting questions, Seduction experience for the naive flirting, Writing experience for the poem, and Singing experience for the little bit at the start.

Notes: A delightful thread and forming of an interesting friendship. I really enjoyed the way you two portrayed the awkwardness between the two, and dealing with the drinking. :)
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous