[Location] University of Zeltiva Administration Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Xela on August 7th, 2011, 11:53 am

OOC :
Incredibly sorry, been without Internets.

Xela looks at the man and thinks real hard. " I am fluent in the languages of Vani and Symenos. My own of course." She Smiles not realising whether or not either are rare. She looks at the guy with a rather excited look on her face. The idea of her actually making it as a teacher makes her gitty.
Xela
Bubble Healer

Words: 2987
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 1:11 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mattathias on February 20th, 2012, 6:51 pm

19th Day of Winter of 511 A.V.

Mattathias awoke after sleeping for, what felt like, an eternity. He cleaned himself up and grabbed some of his rations to use as breakfast. He wasted little time and was excited and nervous about the day ahead. He was off to find a job.

Though 'what' job was not what bothered him. He was going to head over to the university and see what sort of work he could find. Matty hoped that his father having served there for over fifteen years would give him a bit of pull as a teacher's aide of some type. To try and achieve some form of 'normal' life, he wanted to go back to his childhood memories of watching his father teach mathematics and see if it would help give him some closure on that part of his life.

He took his time walking the streets remembering chasing his dad on those special days he was allowed to accompany him. Even after five years nothing could burn those vivid memories out of his mind. He could even remember what his father smelled like … it was a mix of writing ink and honey. His father loved honey and biscuits.

Matty made his way into the university. He found the administration building and walked up to the receptionist. The building itself was unchanged; not surprising considering how long it had been around. It may have been seven centuries old, but it was a magnificent place .. though it seemed less intimidating now that he was an adult.

“Hello, I am here to speak with someone within the mathematics department about a job. My father, Samsin Gideon, served as a professor of mathematics in these very halls for over fifteen years. I am Mattathias Gideon.”
Mattathias
Player

Words: 4211
Joined roleplay: February 18th, 2012, 3:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Paragon on February 20th, 2012, 11:15 pm

The clerk had worked in the office for more than a few years. When the young man before him mentioned Samsin, he immediately recognised the resemblance.

"Samsin's boy..." he muttered, focusing on the young man's features. Yes, he looked a lot like his father. "Well, now you ask, there were a few opportunities for assistance in teaching there."

The clerk checked through his black leather diary, nodding to himself.

"Yes... would that suit you?"
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Mattathias on February 20th, 2012, 11:32 pm

Mattathias could not help but put a smile on his face when the elder mentioned a job opportunity did exist. He wished that he could remember the elder man at all considering he recognized the resemblance he held to his father. There was something comforting in knowing the man knew his father.

"A teacher's assistant is all I ask for. I look forward to the opportunity to pick up where my father left off and grow in a field he loved with all his heart."

Mattathias took a moment and remembered walking down the corridors following his father. He remembered nagging his father, as any kid would do, for some attention when they were in his office. And he remembered sitting quietly in the back of the room as his father taught other scholars about mathematics. Yes, this was the right thing to do.

"Whom should I report to and when would I start?"
Mattathias
Player

Character sheet

Postby Paragon on February 21st, 2012, 11:09 am

"Well we have a class exactly a week today, in the West Wing of the University," the clerk explained, "if you are free, simply show your face at nine in the morning. I will pass on all the relevant information to the mathematics department."

He scribbled down a final few notes on the paper in front of him.

"I think you're going to enjoy your stay here. Your father was always very passionate about education."
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Mattathias on February 21st, 2012, 2:56 pm

Mattathias listened carefully to the assignment given to him. He would act as a teacher's assistant for a class that would be in one week, The 26th day of winter. Smiling, Matty nodded to the receptionist.

"I shall be here on the 26th day of winter at a half past eight in the morning. Please let the department know. I look forward to aiding whomever is teaching. I also thank you for your kind words. My father did hold a strong passion for math and teaching. It feels good to know that others took notice and hear such praise.

Have a good day."

And with that, Mattathias nodded cordially to the elder and left the academy.

OOCWill there be a new thread for this? Will it be a modded thread of solo (I can do either)? My skill in math is low, so can I safely assume this will be more of an intro to mathematics? Thanks!!
Mattathias
Player

Character sheet

Postby Elem Bree on April 23rd, 2012, 1:28 pm

66th Day of Spring, AV 512

Elem entered the large historical building with a full stomach. Most stomachs were filling now that those brave souls who had ventured to Syliras had returned with sufficient foodstuffs. The city was slowly returning to normal. It seemed like a perfect time to approach the University administration with an idea that had been percolating in the young doctor's mind for some time.

Entering the lobby, hewalkedup to the desk, waiting until greeted. When he was, he replied, "Hello, I am Elem Bree, student of medicine and assistant Doctor at the Infirmary. I would like to speak to someone about building a chapel on the University Grounds for Mother Rak'keli.

He had actually thoroughly washed and combed his hair, his tunic and breeches freshly laundered. He hoped he would be taken seriously.
Elem Bree
Always learning. Always changing.

Words: 229116
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2011, 6:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Cascade on April 24th, 2012, 5:39 am

Elem Bree

"A chapel for Mother Rak'keli, you say?" replied the clerk. "I do believe that's just what this University needs. You should speak to Mistress Farah, I know she's been wanting one of those. If you don't know her, she's one of the members of the board."

The clerk looked Elem Bree from head to toe. The man looked presentable -- Mistress Farah would take him seriously. He pointed to one of the offices.

"She doesn't mind students coming in without an appointment, so go ahead and knock on her door and then introduce yourself. Good luck."

oocGo ahead and start your thread.
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous