Gotta Love Shinies (Kiam)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Drayton on June 4th, 2011, 4:43 pm

4th day of Summer, 511 AV

Jaena should have been here an hour ago, the giddy ditz. Eleanor huffed impatiently at her friend’s tardiness. It isn’t exactly fun standing around in the sun sweating until you’re dried up like a raisin and roasted like a lamb on a spit.

There was nothing to do in the alley Jaena had chosen to meet in. To either side the packed dust of the road lay bright and yellow under the sun, walled in by disintegrating wooden boards. For a time Eleanor had stood in the dirt, watching the wall carefully for small insects that scuttled in and out of the porous rot. As each one poked its shiny head into view she stooped to the ground and scooped up a pebble to hurl at the creature. They clattered against the wood, consistently missing the tiny mark, and fell with a plunk onto the dusty ground, sending up small plumes of fine grain around their miniature craters.

One of the rocks she chose was larger. The spider sat on a bit of boarding that seemed to have turned green. Its legs rose high over its body, a flat head overshadowed by a bulbous abdomen. The spindly limbs stretched out over the wall in a relaxed manner. It looked like a small black star resting in the sun that washed over the side of the old building. Eleanor hurled her rock.

The spider moved quickly, its legs rotating over one another as it shimmied away from the projectile. She didn’t see if it managed to escape. As the rock collided with the rotting wall the wood splintered and cracking noises joined the clatter of wooden shards as they fell against one another. Whoops…

Removing herself from the rocks the girl settled the old wooden fence that ran opposite the decrepit houses. The boards creaked beneath her weight and the wooden edge pressed uncomfortably into her bony bottom. Hopefully Jaena would come soon.

After spending several minutes squinting down the bright alleyway and seeing nothing Eleanor sighed once again with boredom. She pulled one of the few mizas that she had in her pocket out. Her fingers were covered in the golden dust of the road but the coin sparkled as she tossed it up into the air, catching it easily before flicking it into flight once more.
There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Words: 73710
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kiam on June 6th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Kiam bated through the bright sky on tired wings. Every now and then she glanced at the dirty houses below her in order to navigate. She felt relieved as she realized that her nest was getting closer. That morning she had tried to steal a beautiful, glittering brooch, but she had been exposed and forced to flee. Excessive shapeshifting had been done, and now the usual hunger raved in her stomach.

The next glance Kiam shot at the ground made something shine in the corner of her eye. Although hungry, she didn't like the idea of returning to her nest with no profit. She steered around and re-located the place where something had sparkled. Kiam landed on a roof and eyed the target. It was too bright to see what it was, but her magpie instincts wouldn't let her leave without checking it out. A girl wearing very asymmetric clothes was holding the shiny thing, and she didn't look too attentive. This will be a piece of cake. Kiam jumped out to the corner of the roof and waited. As the girl flicked the sparkly thing into the air, Kiam dived. Eyes locked on the target, and just before she reached it, she spread her wings and caught the thing with her claws. And then she fell. She cursed to herself as she landed on the ground and threw the miza in front of her. Of course it had to be a miza, just because they were too heavy to carry, especially if you weren't prepared for the weight. Kiam stared distrustfully at the miza, forgetting all about the girl behind her.
Kiam
Player

Words: 2688
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2011, 9:11 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Drayton on June 7th, 2011, 2:01 am

OOCYou’re post is fine, and don’t worry about the wait. :)

The miza’s weight was comfortable as it fell into her padded palm. The golden rim slid easily along dexterous fingers as she pushed it out of the basin of her hand. Eleanor huffed, jutting her jaw forward and dislodging the drop of sweat that clung to her nose with an impatient breath. The coin spiraled up and over the arch of her sweaty eyebrows and then…

The coin failed to fall but Eleanor tumbled over her perch with a screech. The loose fabric on her arms flapped as waved them wildly, trying to ward off the bird that had flown at her. The alley filled with swears that drowned out the dull smack of her back hitting the ground. Grunting she opened her eyes and scanned the sky nervously. No sign of the idiotic thing…

Eleanor flipped herself over and saw the shine of black and white feathers in the stunted grass. The glint of gold pierced the brown stalks and she stood up rapidly, taking a step toward the fallen creature before halting in fear.

“HEY! SCAT! Uh… Scram?” Black boots crushed the crispy foliage as she stomped and waved her arms, while edging away from the bird. “That’s my miza! Get away.”
There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Words: 73710
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Archelon on August 25th, 2011, 9:02 am

Thread Award

“Just Strolling along, singing a song! Side by Side!!!!!!"

And the Results!!!!:

Nin :
SkillName 1-5 How/why
Socialization1
Organization 1 remembering information from eavesdropping,and recalling it

Lores:

Rumors of the Temple of the Unknown(poor)
Eavesdropping is fun for the tiny maiden

Drayton :
SkillName 1-5 How/why
Socialization1
Observation1 Recognizing something normally out of place- tiny statue people perched on railings :)

Lores:
Knowledge of Pycons (poor)
Rumors of the Temple of the Unknown(poor)

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Wasn't much here to work with, but I did what I can. Don't be afraid to post a few more posts to end a thread properly, or if she comes back finish this one for re-grading :). Shame I liked the idea of a snobby pycon too :3.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)