[Panna Cotta's Scrapbook]Love, Happy, and Gratitude

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Panna Cotta on September 25th, 2010, 4:00 am

This is Panna Cotta's happy place.

I want to have a scrapbook where I can toss in love, nice, and happy in order to channel them into positive karma points that I'm collecting for my reincarnation as a bunny rabbit next life.

1. You may post things about Sahova that you would like to bring my attention to.
2. Where #1 does not apply, you must abide by the theme "love, happy, and gratitude". This is my zen place. No rants or emo, angst, hate, please.
3. I would appreciate pictures of cute rabbits. Or anything that's so fluffy, so fluffy I'm gonna die.
4. This is a place to pay my gratitude for everybody in Mizahar.
Last edited by Panna Cotta on September 25th, 2010, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

[Panna Cotta]Love, Happy, and Gratitude

Postby Panna Cotta on September 25th, 2010, 4:07 am

There are a lot of things to be thankful about. I'm in a hurry right now but I would like to drop a big thank you to Hana, who suggested Indigo Milk Mushrooms and Snow Mushrooms to add in Sahova. I'm having trouble looking for mushrooms that aren't in red, orange, or yellow hue (for some reason the others just look too unappealing to me.

If you have ideas for fungi, plants, etc. that can be added to Sahova, do post them here. :)

Also, I love baby bunny rabbits.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

[Panna Cotta]Love, Happy, and Gratitude

Postby Hana on September 25th, 2010, 4:20 am

As promised, a few more...

Purple Coral Fungus - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Clavaria_zollingeri_90973.jpg

purple jelly fungus - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ascocoryne_sarcoides.jpg

And not completely falling into your color categories, but they are bioluminescent and awesome! - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panellus_stipticus
Glowing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PanellusStipticusAug12_2009.jpg
Hana
if love be timid it is not true

Words: 82066
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2010, 11:35 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Panna Cotta on February 6th, 2011, 3:14 am

So it seems that this year, according to the Chinese Lunar Calendar, is the year of the rabbit. I am overjoyed as my favorite animal will look upon me and bless me with great tidings!

Should anyone be reading this, can I request you to send magic-related threads my way? Since I only look over a small portion of Mizahar, I am limited to what roleplayers in those areas accomplish. And as such I want to know how many kinds of magic is being developed or used in-game.

I would like to see and read how the sweet denizens of Mizahar are roleplaying the use and abuse of magic. Kindly post a link to my thread if possible. It will be greatly appreciated!

Discussion is also welcome, I am sure to benefit from any knowledge or experience you might share.

I have recently added long-discussed rules in Sahova, together with modification the use of Sahova's facilities. The process is not yet complete, but it wouldn't have been born without the undying (tis a pun, sure!) support and love I have received from Vick, whom you might also know as John Vicari. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have for his patience and help for developing one of the rule pillars of Sahova - specifically the idea that Sahovan mages do not have any living expenses, but they are not awarded wages. He has helped me come up with ways on how to balance this rule. And of course, I cannot not mention the awesome Tarot for putting in his ideas as well. My many thanks to these two great people.

Also, thank you for Ophelia for the help with the BBC. Sahova's 101 would be a wreck up til now if it weren't for you. Loves and kisses.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ophelia on February 20th, 2011, 11:22 am

Bit late in posting this, but no problem dear. Was glad to help!

*returns the love*
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Vick on February 20th, 2011, 11:51 am

You know I never knew you had a blog :( I fail at stalking it seems.

Yet on another note, no need to thank me PanPan as really I love to help and work with ideas with you and Gp.
Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Panna Cotta on April 10th, 2011, 4:17 am

A round up of what I'm doing right now. If you happen to have a thread with me and it is not listed, then it is very likely that you have been in absence for a long period of time and have not sent me a message that you are willing to continue the story anymore. I am not to blame even if my less than par writing skills are the cause of your disinterest.

1. Past the Vanishing Point - my thread with Amireh. A young girl decides to take on the resident schizophrenic Aelobius the Voider. She lost one arm and is willing to lose all other limbs to prove her mettle.
2. The Crow's bill is as blue as lead - my thread with Rayage. A very good read, so far, that will discuss alchemy and delve into the creation of the first (to my knowledge) homunculus in-game.
3. First Lesson with the Mystery Man - a thread I'm taking over in Hatter's absence. Scholar-mage Hadrian learns webbing, but not without costs.
4. Upcoming - a thread for Sanguine Black and Nel'vira Kalpante.
5. Ongoing, others - my threads with Vick, who is currently going through something personal, so I shall keep my threads with him in the backburner until he returns. my threads with Eris, who is taken away by life and hasn't logged on for a while as Eris, so those take a backseat as well.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Panna Cotta on August 22nd, 2011, 7:57 am

An important announcement!

Hello Mizaharians,

It's time for a sanity check!

We all try to make Mizahar the best place to roleplay and write, and its success over the last two years of its existence speaks for itself. We've got a thriving community and an awesome support group. I have enjoyed my stay as a player and a moderator. My time spent in Mizahar is leisure time well spent.

However, life has been constantly calling me to duty. Those who have played with me know that I'm slower than a goomba, and this is owed to work, school, life and the works, etc. I'm not struggling in Mizahar, mind you, but it appears so because I could not fully devote all my spare time. I'm still around sure, but I know that at my best I can only offer my piecemeal presence. This has never really bothered me in the past. Until the mailbox got a little fatter with requests, and truthfully, I can't handle everything on my lap anymore. At this point I just need to admit that I have a small cup of tea and it's overflowing already. I don't want make people feel that they are being shortchanged, and I trust them to understand where I'm coming from.

Because I don't want to just withdraw myself from Mizahar, which is what people do when they cave in to pressure, I'll be enforcing some changes:

1. I will prioritize playing my PC than my moderator account. They say that being a Storyteller means you will eventually have to let go of your PC. Players first before yourself, right? Well, it's a matter of choice and I'm choosing to be selfish. I don't want to miss out on the fun!
2.a. I will no longer moderate threads, unless these are within Sahova. I don't want to spread myself thinly all over the place when I can't even manage my own domain.
2.b. As some of you know, I work in a financial institution. The -ber months are very busy months. Cycle days will require me to work weekends and that means, well, limited free time. Which means not a lot of Mizahar. Which means no more mod threads for me right now.
3. I will entertain XP award requests that come from Sahova and the Wildlands only.

Please also know that I have been working very hard to improve Sahova, and there are upcoming changes and revisions that I need to give attention to. On the order of their importance, here's how I'll be dealing with things:

1. Post Wiki updates, new locations, revise game mechanics (seasonal wages, seasonal xp)
2. Awarding XP to the threads in my office
3. Sahova's epic quest
4. Replying to all my moderated threads (some of which are aged well enough to become mold colonies.)

I know that people don't like it when they're placed on the backseat. But I have placed a lot of people on the trunk, even, that I doubt these players will be more upset than they already are. I sincerely apologize for not being able to cater to your needs. I will make it up to you somehow.

Also, I am looking for someone who is willing to become AS for Sahova. I need someone with enough devotion, leadership, and ability to eventually become the next DS of Sahova. *nods sagely* If you know someone interested, please let me know.

Lesson learned: You drive your own fate. If you feel overworked, shave your responsibilities.

Your Princess P,
Panpan

As a side note on things not Mizahar related, I am overjoyed with Naruto now that 1) Uchiha Sasuke is back. Fan girls all over the world rejoice over this fact. Myself included. Dispel had always been a favorite magic spell. 2) Uchiha Sasuke died and lived again. He is effectively undead to my eyes. Kyaaaa, oh how my heart beats. *doki doki doki.*
[/framepic]
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rayage on August 30th, 2011, 6:11 am

I just wanted to say that I support you all the way. I know how busy life can get, and well, Im glad that you informed us of this :) Makes understanding so much easier.

Please dont let life keep you away too long! We adore our Princess :) But you have to do what you have to do, right? If you want any help from me (Fallacy), as an AS, send me a message :) Ill be glad to help with whatever you need help with even though its not in my domain. Though I think as a ST we are here to help others and so I am extending my services.

I also know a person who is very interested in becoming an AS for sahova~ ;) Please message Miro about it. I've talked to him because he wanted to become an AS and I suggested Sahova and he sounded quite into it :)

I hope this helped a little.

Your Sahovan Mage,

Rayage

PS- Thought you could use some Bunnies :)

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)