Location [Syliras Location] An Elegant Weave

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] An Elegant Weave

Postby Elhaym on November 1st, 2010, 8:46 am

2nd Day of Fall, 510 AV

Having cashed in her old room in Syliras for a lofty (to her) sum, Pain was on a bit of a spending spree. The fact of the matter was she had one set of clothes, and frankly, they stunk. To further illustrate this point, the staff at the Elegant Weave all lifted their heads and sniffed the air as she entered. At first, they recoiled, but soon their sales instincts took over and Pain was swept towards the area displaying finished garments.

"Hey, uh... whoa, whoa there... errr... yeah, anyways, I just need some new clothes, y'know?" Pain said as she was taken arm in arm with a smallish woman who seemed intent on getting Pain to look at the dresses on display. The woman sighed, apparently having envisioned Pain leaving the shop wearing a beautiful silken gown. Yeah, right.

Instead, she explained her style of dress to the saleswoman. She normally wore a short sleeved shirt made of cotton (to which the saleswoman scoffed, apparently offended that Pain would wear such a thing). However, for a top, thats what intended to buy. She picked out five of them, all dyed black (to which the woman again scoffed), and moved on to the pants. Again, she picked out five pairs of cotton pants that were dyed black, though she did ask if they could be shortened a bit to end about halfway up her calf. The woman complied, setting them aside to be altered. Pain also inquired about having shorts made, that would end right above her knee. The saleswoman thought this odd, but Pain explained that she was an athelete of sorts, and that the garments didn't restrict her legs so much. The woman complied once more, setting aside five identical pairs of cotton pants to be altered.

Now, Pain moved to a section of tunics. Pain explained that she wanted several garments identical to the white one she wore over her pants and shirt. The woman had Pain remove the white overshirt, which she handled as if it were diseased. All in all, the woman said it would be a few days before the clothes would be ready to be picked up.

Pain followed the woman to the counter, where she pre-paid for her clothing purchase with her crooked smile. The saleswoman laughed, mentioning that Pain should try smiling with the other half of her face as well in jest. Pain's eyes widened, horribly embaressed, and returned to her tight mouthed frown.
But, on the inside, she was pleased. After all this time, finally... some fresh clothes.

The receipt was as follows.

Cotton Pants (black) x5 - 2gm, 5sm
Cotton Shorts (black, alteration from cotton pants) x5 - 5gm
Cotton Overshirt (white, alteration from cotton tunic) x5 - 5gm
Cotton Blouse (black) x5 - 2.5gm
---
Total = 15gm
Lead time on custom clothing = 2 weeks
Available for pickup on the 16th Day of Fall, 510AV

Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Jischa on November 27th, 2010, 11:15 pm

60th Fall 510

Breezing into the shop for the second time in what felt like as many days, Jischa was a whirlwind of Focused Shopper energy. Letting the shopkeeper know she was after a cotton dress, a set of provocative lingerie, and an underdress meant to be seen, she began peering at piles of half-finished clothing, flipping through stacks of simple but lovely dresses and gowns, and holding different garments in front of herself.Image

Eyeing each article critically, she finally decided to have her purchases custom tailored, only the under-dress custom made. Her measurements, taken only days ago, were still on file as it were, so after being as specific as she felt neccesary, she went to the front to pay. Five GM for the silk under-dress, 1 GM for the set of lingerie, and 5 SM for the simple cotton dress, for a total of 6 GM and 5 SM.Image

She paid for the items readily, asking that they be delivered to the Golden Dragon Inn upon their completion. Adding in an additional 1 GM for this task, she bade her farewell to the shopkeeper, then swept out the door in the direction of the Golden Dragon, thoughts of her new clothes and new job on her mind as she hit the busy castle streets.
Jischa
Answering The Call

Words: 27932
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2010, 9:03 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nehsmay on January 4th, 2011, 7:09 pm

55 of Fall, 510 AV

Nehsmay made her way inside the beautiful clothing shop. All kinds of items were arranged everywhere, from simple cotton dresses to beautiful golden ball gowns. However she had come in to buy something more practical than that. She needed spare clothing for her travel in case hers would get tattered.

She approached the clerk and smiled seeing a burgundy riding dress displayed next to a pair of cotton trousers and a dark blue cotton tunic. It was as if they were waiting especially for her.

"Excuse me." she smiled softly and addressed the clerk. "I'd like to buy the ridding dress, a pair of cotton trousers and the dark blue cotton tunic."

The shopkeeper nodded and folded said items in a bag, giving them to Nehsmay."That will be 15 GM for the dress, 5 GM for the trousers and another 5 for the tunic." The Vantha nodded and handed the money over.

"Thank you." she nodded and left the shop.

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Words: 75952
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Somewhere in Ghed'ahre... stalking Te'ijal and Galahad
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Amarhyl on February 12th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Season of Winter, Day 61, 510 AV

The young girl pushed open the door to the shop, relieved that she hadn’t gotten lost on the way. Thought the layout of Syliras was easy enough, this was her first time in a city and she was still unsure.

Upon entry to the store, she paused for a moment, drinking in what lay in front of her. Bolts of the most beautiful fabric and other materials filled one side, and Amarhyl had to resist the temptation to wander over and run them through her fingers. On the other side, she marvelled at the completed garments, hoping that soon, she would be able to craft such items.

She slowly made her way over to the counter, taking deep breaths as she went. She refused to let her nerves get the better of her; this was important. Glancing up at the person behind, she offered a small smile.
”Excuse me, I’m looking for Navia.” She tried her best to keep the little smile in place, hoping that she didn’t appear to be too anxious.

OOC :
(I couldn't get the OOC mouseover to work with a link added.
Hopefully I've posted right. I originally posted in the Employment Agency thread, and was directed to post here.
This is a link to my first post in the EA thread. I have 3 there in total.

Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Words: 56680
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dusk on February 22nd, 2011, 11:27 pm

Amarhyl

The woman behind the counter giggled at the request, looking Amarhyl up and down in a rather judgemental fashion before tapping a fingertip to her lips. "It's so cute when the farmgirls show up in the big city," she said under her breath, though loud enough for Amarhyl to hear.

She disappeared through a door behind the counter, and a few minutes later another woman bustled in with the counter-girl hot on her heels. Navia was... well, one could only really describe her as statuesque. There was something about her that drew the eye, in the simple way she flipped her hair over her shoulder, the tilt of her shoulder, the flash of her eyes as she inspected the room and its contents. She was magnetic, and it had nothing to do with her clothes - although they were stunning. Gorgeous green silks pouring over one shoulder and down to her thighs, where they pooled and slithered amongst sapphire crinoline. Chasing down the entire line of it (from her shoulder down across her bosom to the opposite hip and then in a spiral all the way down to the hem) were black lace cut-outs of sparrows embroidered on with more black silk and surrounding intricate curliques and whorls. Even her face sparkled, eyes lined in kohl and adorned with some blue powder the same shade as her dress.

"Can I help you?" she asked impatiently, as if she'd just been caught in the middle of something, but she had a bright smile on her lips as well.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Amarhyl on February 23rd, 2011, 7:30 pm

Amarhyl dropped her gaze from the woman behind the counter as she peered down at her. She fidgeted and tried not to blush at her comment. She stared at her shoes until she heard the woman move away.

Looking up she was greeted by the sight of the counter girl re-entering the room, followed by what Amarhyl assumed could only be Navia. She was...well, stunning was all that came to the young girls mind. Aside from her obvious beauty, the dress she wore was simply breathtaking. Gazing at it, she could only dream of creating something so exquisite.

Can I help you? Amarhyl detected some irritation in her voice, and she figured that the woman had been in the middle of creating some other wonderful garment. "Uh, yes. I was sent from the Employment Office. I was told that you might be able to give me some work?" Amarhyl reached into her bag and pulled out a journal. It was full of patterns and embroidery designs, and she placed it on the counter in case Navia wanted to see it. There was also the embroidery that the girl had sewn into her own clothing.

Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dusk on March 13th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Amarhyl

The woman didn't bother replying, simply took up the notebook and began flipping through the pages. Elegant fingers touched every fabric and sample available, and she murmured to herself a little as she sifted through it. Then, without so much as a by-your-leave, she reach down to inspect the embroidery on the girl's clothing as well.

"Well, you've a steady hand, that's for sure," she finally said, still looking at the clothing, "and your designs aren't without merit. I think you've the ideas, but no clue how to get them from your head to the page. But we can teach you that," she said brusquely, straightening up again and offering another bright smile. "Can't teach ideas. Well. I can pay you three gold per day, at least until you get a bit better. You can stick with straight embroidery, but if you're interested we can teach you design as well. Mind you, we might have you stand for fittings a few days since you're about the size of some of the girls we get orders for - especially when one moves up from page to squire," she said with a chuckle. "Little thing like you, we can base it off you and fit them later. Does that suit?"

OOCAs a note, Reading isn't a skill - it's assumed that everyone is taught the basics of Reading unless there's a good reason for them not to know. You might be better served moving those points elsewhere! :)
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Amarhyl on March 14th, 2011, 5:59 pm

Amarhyl watched nervously as the woman flipped through her journal. She strained to pick words out from the soft murmuring she could hear, but it was to no avail. She almost stepped back though, when Navia reached to inspect her tunic, but she stopped herself at the last second.

She nodded at the woman's comments. She was indeed correct. Amarhyl had not quite mastered the art of transferring images from her mind to a page. The design on her tunic was one that she had spent days agonizing over, mostly just trying to draw the pattern. That was the hard part for her. She didn't have as much trouble getting the pattern from the page to the fabric, though she still didn't dare try anything too complicated.
"Yes, it sounds wonderful, thank you." The girl paused for a moment. "I would very much like to learn some design, if you would teach me. And I don't mind standing for some fittings either." She smiled. Amarhyl was happy, she would be paid for doing something that she loved, and she would be learning at the same time. It was, she thought, perfect.

OOCOoh, thank you for letting me know! I'll put them in drawing then, that seems to make the most sense for Amarhyl.
Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xalet on July 13th, 2011, 3:50 am

Season of Summer, Day 44, 511 AV

As per Xalet's Patron Knight he was to go to the Elegant Weave and procure himself some suitable garments with which to proceed to the upcoming festivities with. When Xalet entered the shop, he had never felt more lost in all of his life. The sheer amount of textiles made the back of his throat clench, it was almost like dueling for the first time. How could a shop full of clothing make an Akalak so nervous? Certainly he understood that a good amount of a first impression was the physical appearance. Knights often kept heir armor buffed and polished, their weapons well maintained, and their surcoats with coat of arms clean and tidy.

What of ball room fashion? The ball was much different than the battlefield, and although he had a mysterious allure to the Akalak as he would be attempting something new and potentially 'exciting', he would almost rather simply spend his day in typical training torture. Still, reverence and socialization was important, especially among his peers, which he needed to do much more of. Xalet had not been involved with the other squires, and he had to make efforts to change that.

After much deliberation, suggestions from the staff, time in the fitting room staring at himself, and contemplation of exactly how much coin he had to work with, Xalet settled on an appropriately mustard colored brocade doublet with brass buttons and a black belt, a brown billowy cotton tunic to wear beneath, and some black cotton trousers which had to be fitted appropriately for his large frame. The Akalak paused a moment as he removed the gold rimmed mizas with which to pay, no small charge coming in at a total of 26 gold rimmed mizas. Parting with the sum finally, he prepared his newest clothing additions and left to stow them away properly until the time of the festival.
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Dusk on September 17th, 2011, 3:27 pm

Seasonal XP Award!

Amarhyl
XP Award: Clothing Design: 2 XP
Lore Award: Understanding Clothing Patterns
Ledger: None

Additional Note
Your work at Elegant Weave has given you some training in being able to envision how to transfer something from two-dimensional paper to three-dimensional cloth.

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

PreviousNext