[Erudite's Scrapbook] Old Souls Die Young

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on May 28th, 2012, 1:55 am

I love hearing I'm not the only crazy person in the world with these quirks!

Monty - Is the 'car boot' the British way of saying the 'trunk'? And what are "Morton's Toes"?

Here's some quirks about me:
1. If I brush against something with the left side of my body, I must also do so with the right, and vice versa. This includes anything from bumping into a wall, to the handrails on stairs or in hallways. I'll often go halfway down running my hand along one side, then cross to the other. Otherwise I don't feel balanced.
2. I cannot walk past storm drains for fear that I'll somehow fall in, or drop something in by accident.
3. I make tips for a living. I have a game I play where I hope to get a check that matches my tip total. For example, if I've made $25 today and the customer's bill on the very next order is $25 and they give is $30 and say to keep the change, I sing in my head, "He gave me $30 and now I'm up to $30!" I round off the change so it would count if the order was say $25.28 since I'd round down. But I can't do it if the total was too high, like $25.51 cause then I have to round up. Otherwise its cheating.
4. If I accelerate at a yellow light I nervously declare it a "life altering decision". Because I once did that and the light turned red and I got a ticket, and that initiated a chain of events that led to me losing a job and dropping out of college. If not for that ticket, I'd not be back in college right now at the age of 32.
5. I cannot set the radio or temperate in my car to odd numbers.. I don't know why, but the volume MUST be set at 12, 14, 16, or 18, never 13, 15, 17. Likewise the temperature is always something like 72 or 74.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Pash'nar on May 28th, 2012, 2:23 am

Min and I are a year apart.

Also, I hope you like Monty's post. I'm not sure I'll top that in this thread, but I might be able to come summer. Perhaps. We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

I tried very hard to think about five quirks, but I didn't feel weird enough to list mine.

What's a Yorkshire? You eat terriers over there in teh England?
Pash'nar
There's always room for more.

Words: 295535
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 3:51 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on May 28th, 2012, 2:33 am

A year apart, but I'm quite behind in life. I'm not married, I have no kids, I'm still in college...

*sigh*

And Pash sweetie... You ARE weird enough to list five quirks. I've seen enough strange things from you in chat alone to know you have an odd side :-P
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Pash'nar on May 28th, 2012, 3:24 am

Maybe I have more than 5 and am having trouble picking. I will never tell.

You're not behind. Not everyone needs my schedule. :D
Pash'nar
There's always room for more.

Words: 295535
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 3:51 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Erudite on May 28th, 2012, 5:51 am

@Montaine - Woah, that's awesome! I just researched what a Morton's toe was, and that's pretty cool. I've never had that thing where I leave a bit of whatever I've eaten on my plate, but I do eat parts of a meal set one at a time, as well!

@Pash'nar - You and Monty are going to be the death of me, seriously, with your thread. I can already feel it; this thread is going to make me very, very happy. Also, you're gonna have to give me some quicks too, please!

@Minerva - I'm currently in the middle of working out what course I'm going to take, and what university I'm going to attend. It's been extremely stressing, but it's something I've gotta do! That life-altering thing is really amazing, by the way, it makes me want to check on the yellow light whenever we stop at one when I'm in my car. Also, you're just fine! You've got many years ahead of you, and in my opinion, with where you are now, nothing is ever "too late."

Thanks a heap for replying, you guys! I didn't think anybody would! I'll post another one of these things next time. I hope you'll respond to them as well. :)

I feel so young, yet I'm in the middle of deciding on one of the most important parts of my life. I feel like I'm turning into an adult, or something like that; I'm about to carry a whole different level and amount of responsibilities. It's rather scary and stressful, and I feel like I'm stepping into something that I'm not ready for just yet. People tell me that it's natural to be afraid, it's natural to be nervous, and I should just make sure that those feelings of uncertainty don't get in the way of my work and ambitions. Hopefully I won't fail anybody, but I suppose that's subjective to a person's idea of success. I suppose, if I'm happy, and content with my life, then I must've done something write, I must've made the right choices. Pardon me if I don't post for more than a week's time, it probably means that I'm reviewing, or something like that. I'm really sorry!

In Erudite we trust.
Personal Journal ~ Medical Journal

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite
The girl with the world in her eyes.

Words: 92943
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2012, 5:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Cascade on May 28th, 2012, 6:00 am

Eru! I missed you! I miss hopping on you on chat! I miss doing sneaky whispers with you! :(

Also, I agree with the advice people have given you. Being scared is natural... heck, be scared if you aren't scared. Like they said, just don't let it get in the way.

Aaand because of Monty, I researched what a Morton's toe is as well. And I have that! Since my whole family on my father's side has it (I thought it was a Spanish thing), I thought it was normal. Now I feel special because apparently it's not too common. Thank you, Monty. 8)
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Montaine on May 28th, 2012, 9:35 am

Eru, as someone who found the entire process highly boring I say to you embrace the fear. It's just another form of excitement, this is a big step in your life and you should be excited. Just so long as you remember that ultimately the result doesn't matter, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't, and go into it with the mentality that you have already succeeded, you'll be fine.

And a car boot is indeed a trunk, and yorkshires are really a means for soaking up gravy, from the county of Yorkshire which is indeed the same place where Yorkshire terriers were first bred.

A Morton's toe is where the second toe on a foot is longer than the first. It can apparently cause problems due to the different weight distribution, but on the other hand it was idealised by the Greeks, the masters of the beautiful. I don't have any negative effects, however, though I am also knock-kneed, which means that when I am standing with my knees pointing forwards, as you do, my feet are splayed out at something akin to 45 degree angles, so my gait is messed up already. This particular quirk was also possessed by Charlie Chaplin, but frankly I can't stand the man.
Montaine
The Glass Boy

Words: 306099
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2012, 9:23 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on May 28th, 2012, 1:24 pm

My toes seem perfectly normal *pouts, feels left out*

Eru, being scared is fine... Bravery doesn't mean you're not scared. Bravery means moving ahead even while you're scared. Facing the fear rather than hiding from it.

And don't be worried about messing up, because you can always go back and fix it. I'm a 32 year old college student. Sure, I wish I had graduated years ago... But you know what? The Writing Arts Degree program at my school didn't start until 2007... So if I had graduated in 2002 like originally planned, I NEVER would have gotten to study the thing I'm truly passionate about!

Life's funny like that...
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Erudite on May 31st, 2012, 8:31 am

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate it! I just finished my entire review course yesterday, and now I'm taking a huge break from studying. I've spent most of my afternoon reading, so far, but I'm going to have to review later on and tomorrow because I still have the SAT to take on Saturday.

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to respond to any posts today. I tried to a while ago, but I felt too tired and drained. I'd probably end up submitting rusty, unpolished posts if I force myself, and you guys deserve better. I promise to respond to threads tomorrow, but for now, I shall relax!

In Erudite we trust.
Personal Journal ~ Medical Journal

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite
The girl with the world in her eyes.

Words: 92943
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2012, 5:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Previous