[Erudite's Scrapbook] Old Souls Die Young

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Cascade on May 9th, 2012, 12:04 pm

D'AWWW. We're adorable. *giggles like a ten year old girl*
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Erudite on May 11th, 2012, 6:49 pm

Good Sarcasm

I love this. This is so unbelievably hilarious and true, and I firmly believe that homosexuals do deserve the right to marry. I can't even begin to describe how strongly I feel about this.

In Erudite we trust.
Personal Journal ~ Medical Journal

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite
The girl with the world in her eyes.

Words: 92943
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2012, 5:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Coltyn on May 11th, 2012, 6:54 pm

You, my dear, rock!
Coltyn
A Beautiful Baker Boy!

Words: 89551
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2012, 9:47 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)
Donor (1)

Postby Montaine on May 11th, 2012, 7:05 pm

My best friend is over six foot yet I remain a titchy five foot eight, it's heresy I say!

On a lighter note, over here our right wing prime minister just reaffirmed his vow to introduce marriage. I'm pretty sure it's a stunt to bring the conservative party in line with mainstream modern British societal views and stop the labour party riding on the high of bringing in civil partnerships, but hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

The only people really set against it in our country are the churches, and not even all of them. Quite a few religious sects have been claiming discrimination because they aren't allowed to marry gay couples. Give us a couple of years and we'll have it enshrined, don't you worry. I'm just a tad ashamed that we won't be in the single figures as to who got it first, Iceland came in at number 10 I believe. Oh well, the more the merrier.
Montaine
The Glass Boy

Words: 306099
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2012, 9:23 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Erudite on May 12th, 2012, 1:32 am

@Coltyn - Aww, well thank you! You rock too!

@Montaine - At least you're tall! I'm five foot one, and it's so sad. It's true though, it's the church's influence that leads people to assume that gay marriage is improper or unchaste. I do hope it'll all work out after a couple of years, yeah?

There Are Talented People Here

Without a doubt. There are - most certainly - talented people here.

"Erudite" by Cascade

How can I even begin to express how much I love this, dear Cascade? To me, you have captured her emotionless eyes perfectly, and I can honestly say that I can see her making such a cute little face. This is absolutely adorable; from the hair, to the eyes *melts* to the skin, to the clothing. It deserves to be displayed. This is a wonderful gift, thank you!

"Erudite" by Casper

This is magnificent. I fell for your incredibly unique art style the moment I saw your CS. And when you drew for Musca, you did so wonderfully. I simply had to ask! This is beautiful, Casper! Her pose, the clothing, the background! Everything fits so well and I am honestly compelled to have this printed and framed. I'll settle for displaying it on my scrapbook, for now! Thank you very much, I can't wait to thread with you!

In Erudite we trust.

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Erudite on May 12th, 2012, 2:02 pm

I Made A Busy Meter

My first post now has a busy meter below it. It will be stating how busy I am (if I am indeed busy) and why, just in case I cannot manage to come online for a significant amount of time in order to let anybody know. There are eleven colors in the meter that represent how active or inactive I am, or will be, and the arrow system above the spectrum will point towards the state I am in:

- No Social Life; I will be on everyday, and my posts will be swift and often! My friends are all probably basking underneath the sun, on a white sand beach, without me!
- Has Free Time; I will be on almost everyday, and my posts will be swift and often! My friends have all probably decided to let me in on that beach!
- Distracted; I will be on a little bit less and my posts will be less swift, but still just as often. Someone probably told me about this awesome TV series, or a certain video game. I may also be just playing Skyrim or Harvest Moon.
- Taking Breaks; I will be on a little bit less and will be absent for whole days from time to time. My posts will be less swift and will not be as often. I'm probably going out a lot to spend time with my friends and family!
- Vacation; I will probably not be home for a few days, but once I return, I will post. If I am somewhere abroad, I will be able to post from time to time.
- Fairly Busy; I will probably have a lot of homework, and therefore will not be able to post as swiftly and as often as I usually do. Or, I'm just tired.
- Moderately Busy; Certain responsibilities may and will keep me from posting often. I may be inactive for as long as a week.
- Smothered; My responsibilities have probably doubled, and I may not be on for more than a week. I will most probably be online, but I will rarely be posting.
- Heavily Preoccupied; My responsibilities have possibly tripled, and now I have to devote a lot more of my time to them in order to succeed in accomplishing them. I will most probably be online, but I will rarely be posting.
- Just About Ready to Die; My responsibilities have multiplied by a tenfold, and I am stressed beyond recognition. It will take weeks of devotion for me to overcome this state. Will rarely be online, and will rarely be posting.
- Zombiefied; I'm dead! My responsibilities are so large that I am forced to die and become a reanimated corpse in order to accomplish them. I will most certainly not be online, and nor will I be able to post. It make take at least a month for me to resurrect.

Tada! Now I can let everybody know what's happening with just a little edit of my first post! That way, people won't have to load the latest page and look for my post on why I'm gone - they simply have to check out the first post! I must say, this was really fun to make, and I am very happy with the results. I'm pretty sure this is going to work out well for me, considering my upcoming duties this school year. Hopefully I won't reach the Zombiefied level, but I must let you all know now that it has happened before, and so it can happen again.

*wiggles fingers*

In Erudite we trust.

Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Casper on May 14th, 2012, 6:53 pm

Oh cool art feature :) It was great fun drawing, I'm happy you like it so much. Also, that posting status idea is genius. I should probably implement something similar myself when summer ends.
Casper
Player

Words: 65175
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 7:22 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Erudite on May 16th, 2012, 4:15 pm

@Casper - You deserve it, buddy, thanks again. :) Yeah, I thought of it when I came home one afternoon completely drained, and I couldn't find it in me to reply to posts, even after I'd napped for hours. It was so sad!

A Ludicrous Compensation

I haven't been replying to any posts lately, but that's because my brain is unable to process anything but math and science, at the moment. Whenever I try to post something, it looks horrible and incredibly far from decency. The review classes that I'm taking for the university entrance exams is a lot more tiring than I'd expected! Anyway, to make up for it, I've got here a few quirky things about me that I felt you guys wouldn't mind knowing. I'm not sure if they're funny or weird, but it could be both at the same time. Enjoy!

1. Whenever I'm scared or nervous, the skin above my middle finger's nail hurts. No matter what I do when it happens, it still hurts constantly and it'd throb until I'm no longer scared or nervous. I usually apply pressure on it and pretend that works, but it never does. I'm cursed!

2. I see faces on marble floors and bathroom tiles. They used to scare me to the point that I was constantly showering without a rapidly beating heart, but now I just stare at them whenever I'm bathing or whatever. I also see bears, princesses, and vases spilling out liquid, but those are on rare occasions.

3. When I'm at school or in places where there are lines on the floor, I always, always alternate stepping on them from my left foot to my right. If I skip one or use one leg twice, I feel all wrong and disgusting, and I just have to make it right, or else. If ever I do the latter, my leg usually feels heavier than the other. It's the weirdest phenomenon.

4. I have this strange addiction for peeling off loose skin, regardless of where said loose skin is. I just feel the need to pick at it and just rip it all off until it's all gone. I get really frustrated when I can't. I tend not to look for loose skin on myself or anybody (that's too creepy!) because then I'd probably always be frustrated.

5. I once had a white cat named Zap, and it was supposedly named after the orange cat from Playhouse Disney (which I watched quite a lot when I was younger - hi, Musca). I loved that cat so much because it was my first feline pet, and I treasured every moment I had with her. Unfortunately, years later, when Zap was but a chain of fond memories to me already, I discovered that the cat in Playhouse Disney was in fact, Zac, not Zap. I was so mad, so, so mad. I stiil am. I try not to watch Disney channel (apart from their movies, because they're great!) because I kind of hold a grudge against it.

Yeah, so that's it! I hope they were interesting, because I had fun writing it out. I may write more later on, or something, in a different post, of course. Pardon me for my inability to reply to posts at the moment, as I'm heavily preocuppied by reviews. I do promise that I will have posts out either by tomorrow or Friday. I promise, I promise! It shall be so!

In Erudite we trust.

Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Erudite on May 17th, 2012, 8:53 am

In Erudite we trust.

Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Montaine on May 28th, 2012, 12:43 am

Because you provided me with two brilliant posts in which Erudite is all blushing and flushing in front of Monty, I present you with this post between Monty and Pash.

Also, I have decided to make Monty completely and utterly oblivious to any attraction Erudite holds for him. So have fun with that. I know I will.

And in return for your five quirks, here are five of mine:
1. When I was younger I would leave a tiny scrap of each type of food contained within a meal on the plate as evidence of its consumption. Though I no longer do this, I still eat my meals one type of food at a time, roast dinners go: carrots, meat, yorkshires, potatoes, peas.
2. I once had my fingers locked into a car boot when I was a child, though the locking aspect might be an invention of my infant mind. I am still surprised they weren't severed.
3. I am seven eighths British, but my great grandfather was Chinese and ran a Chinese restaurant in London.
4. I am full on phobic of slugs. Seriously, I run away when I see them. I accept that this is entirely irrational. It's not as though they can chase after me.
5. I am one of the tenth of the population with Morton's toes. So is the Statue of Liberty.

And that's all you get.
Montaine
The Glass Boy

Words: 306099
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2012, 9:23 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)